PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor

nyqua
10-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I know it's really really early but I didn't think he could be this good as a true freshman(I thought he was really overrated but I guess I'm wrong). He looks like he could be a really good NFL QB after some more games, what do you think?

Forenci
10-25-2008, 10:11 PM
..you're really going to make this thread after he just threw a horrible pass to end the game? Heh.

nyqua
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah I know but he still has been really impressive as a true freshman. That throw did suck though. But his running and passing has been really impressive.

BrabbitMcRabbit
10-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Running doesn't matter in the NFL. If you can't throw, you can't be a pro QB.

He has to prove himself as a passer before he warrants any NFL draft hype.

ElectricEye
10-25-2008, 10:38 PM

...which he's proving very early on. He's completing over 65% of his passes and has a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, plus overall just looks like the guy both in the pocket and on the move. It's seriously irritating that people look at his forty time and say he needs to be a more polished passer before he's relevant. He needs another year under his belt before he's relevant, that's it. Watch the games people.

That last throw was bad, but he's been better than anyone could expect thus far. For a freshman, he isn't raw at all.

A thread at this point is a little overkill.

SuperKevin
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
He throws ducks. I have yet to see him throw a good ball.

Bengals78
10-25-2008, 11:05 PM

He seems to be very hot and cold. He made some dumb mistakes tonight. Fixable but is still yet to prove himself as a true passing threat. He just tonight cracked 200yds passing. Before tonight he was more or less a game manager IMO

regoob2
10-25-2008, 11:15 PM
He's 19!! Wait 4 years and make this thread again.

Bengals78
10-25-2008, 11:16 PM

Whateva. This will make or break him.../sarcasm

brat316
10-25-2008, 11:18 PM

or 3 to 2 years.

djp
10-25-2008, 11:21 PM
He throws one of the ugliest balls I have ever seen. He has been really, really badly overrated in terms of arm strength.

Guy really needs to work on throwing mechanics in the offseason.

illmatic74
10-25-2008, 11:21 PM
He is a freshman way too early

ElectricEye
10-25-2008, 11:25 PM
He does have a very, very ugly ball. He needs to work on throwing a tighter spiral in a major way. I still think he deserves a lot of credit for actually completing those passes and not throwing them to the other team.

LonghornsLegend
10-25-2008, 11:31 PM

Race for the Heisman
10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
As said: way too early, incredibly spotty mechanics.

I'd also add that he doesn't run like a quarterback should run in my mind. He's got long speed and he can stiff arm, which aren't the two things I want from my quarterback. I want short area quickness and elusiveness in the pocket, which Pryor doesn't seem to have a lot of. He also rarely scrambles straight up through the line effectively. Every time he makes a big run it seems to be that he broke contain to one side or the other and then tucked it.

Simply put, a long ways to go; far too early.

brat316
10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
He'll end up being a WR if he makes it to the NFL. Then again it is extremly early.

SuperKevin
10-26-2008, 01:08 PM
He'll end up being a WR if he makes it to the NFL. Then again it is extremly early.

More likely a TE. He's already 235 lbs as a 19 year old. I can see him putting on 20-30 more lbs

Bruce Banner
10-26-2008, 01:13 PM
DE body!!!!!
But really. He could fill out.

underscore
10-26-2008, 01:20 PM
There should be zero Pryor talk in an NFL draft forum at this point.

He's a long, long way from being NFL material, but he's got every physical attribute to do just that.

At this point, his biggest obstacle in becoming a stud player is his attitude. He's high-school level cocky and infant-level whiny.

Sniper
10-26-2008, 04:47 PM

Don't tell keylime that. I said that and he had an excuse for every wobbly duck.

Ozzy
10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
At least Pryor is not in a kill your pro potential spread offense that inflates statistics and makes you look better than you actually are. He has potential, still very far to go but Ohio State will not switch offenses to a spread QB option offense so that is great news for his potential pro development.

Yeah that pass at the end of the game looked horrible.

As for the comments about him not even being a NFL prospect at this point, that is stupid. Honestly, how many young QBs with his height and athletic ability come around? Just the fact he has those physical skills makes him elite and a potential NFL player in the future.

Why look ahead so far? I say, why not, it is quite fun and very interesting! Pretty closed minded to just view the prospects of the current upcoming NFL draft.

bored of education
10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
he will play 3-4 NT

Sniper
10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
At least Pryor is not in a kill your pro potential spread offense that inflates statistics and makes you look better than you actually are. He has potential, still very far to go but Ohio State will not switch offenses to a spread QB option offense so that is great news for his potential pro development.

He's been in the shotgun for over 60% of his snaps. And Ohio State has never produced a decent NFL QB, so that's not going to help.

Ozzy
10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
He's been in the shotgun for over 60% of his snaps. And Ohio State has never produced a decent NFL QB, so that's not going to help.Compared to 100% of the time, 60% sounds wonderful! haha

Babylon
10-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Probably very similar to Vince Young out of highschool and Vince redshirted his 1st year so i say Pryor is ahead of that pace. I think the big thing is do they try to work on the kid's mechanics and arm strength or do they figure he's such a great athlete they'll let him basically be a great college QB and nothing else.

SINCE1978
10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Mechanics can be taught, character can not ... Terrell Pryor loves himself some Terrell Pryor.

On a sepeate note, did you see the cry baby go sit alone on the bench after his awful pass at the end of the PSU game? He did not even appear to go shake hands with the other team ... no class. Then when M. Jenkins came down to check on him the ABC camera's caught him sobbing under that visor!!

Malaka
10-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Mechanics can be taught, character can not ... Terrell Pryor loves himself some Terrell Pryor.

On a sepeate note, did you see the cry baby go sit alone on the bench after his awful pass at the end of the PSU game? He did not even appear to go shake hands with the other team ... no class. Then when M. Jenkins came down to check on him the ABC camera's caught him sobbing under that visor!!

Leave him alone he is only 19 wtf... I guess your a Michigan fan nothing wrong with that, but please don't be pissed that he didn't go to Michigan but went to OSU. Come on, who cares if he cried, at least that means he wants to get better, even if he does act immature at times he is a 19 year old freshman, I do not get why you are hating on him...

MidwayMonster31
10-26-2008, 09:14 PM
He does have a lot to learn, not only as a quarterback, but as a person. He has the will to win, but he also has to get the support of his teammates. The guy is 19 and he still has some growing up to do. I think he can be a great quarterback.

RedLionAle
10-27-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't see anything wrong with a player getting emotional after losing a game for his team, which is what Pryor did between the fumble and the pick. He knew that, and he was upset. IMO, getting upset about that shows a passion for winning and a passion for the game a quarterback needs to have in order to be successful, not a "lack of class" because he didn't go and shake hands with the other team.

His mechanics really do need to be re-worked, though. That being said, he's a true freshman who's got a lot of time to develop on the field still, and it's far too early to dismiss him as just an athlete, or a player who won't make it at quarterback in the NFL.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-27-2008, 09:27 AM
The biggest thing holding him back is the fact that he doesn't want to be labeled an athletic quarterback. He wants to be remembered as a great passer, but he's a terrible passer. His ego is getting in his way and he needs to just realize that and start being the athletic force he can be because that is the only hope he or the Buckeyes have at winning a Big 10 of National Championship during his stay at Ohio State.

Drop the ego buddy. No one labels you a running QB because you're black they label you a running QB because that is what you are.

hobbes2053
10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Compared to 100% of the time, 60% sounds wonderful!

60% of the time, 100% of the time?

Pryor will eventually be good as he gets more experienced and sures up his mechanics. That being said, it's far too early for this to be brought up.

RedLionAle
10-27-2008, 09:32 AM
The biggest thing holding him back is the fact that he doesn't want to be labeled an athletic quarterback. He wants to be remembered as a great passer, but he's a terrible passer. His ego is getting in his way and he needs to just realize that and start being the athletic force he can be because that is the only hope he or the Buckeyes have at winning a Big 10 of National Championship during his stay at Ohio State.

Drop the ego buddy. No one labels you a running QB because you're black they label you a running QB because that is what you are.

Yeah. Because there's NEVER been an athletic QB who's been able to develop into a solid passer over the course of 4 years.

Never.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah. Because there's NEVER been an athletic QB who's been able to develop into a solid passer over the course of 4 years.

Never.

I'd say about 3% of them, and none of them were Pryor. I've seen ever start of his I'm a Buckeye fan and the way he passes is garbage. I'm talking Michael Vick bad without the crazy arm strenght. He floats balls and puts no zip on anything. He never hits a reciever in stride and without our recievers going up and making plays for him he'd have a horrible TD-INT ratio right now. This kid has ZERO pro potential as a passer. Some stupid team(Tennessee, Atlanta) will more than likely take him really high, but he'll flop just like the rest.

LonghornsLegend
10-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I'd say about 3% of them, and none of them were Pryor.

No. Really? I think we can figure that out since were talking about QB's who developed after 4 years, Pryor isn't even through one.

And why would Tennessee and Atlanta pick him? Are those the only teams that will take a chance on a black QB or something because neither one needs a QB this soon so I don't see why those 2 teams would be pointed out as the only ones "dumb enough" to take a chance.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 09:42 AM
I'd say about 3% of them, and none of them were Pryor. I've seen ever start of his I'm a Buckeye fan and the way he passes is garbage. I'm talking Michael Vick bad without the crazy arm strenght. He floats balls and puts no zip on anything. He never hits a reciever in stride and without our recievers going up and making plays for him he'd have a horrible TD-INT ratio right now. This kid has ZERO pro potential as a passer. Some stupid team(Tennessee, Atlanta) will more than likely take him really high, but he'll flop just like the rest.

One of those stupid teams is undefeated and the other is 4-3 with a rookie QB. Real dumbasses :rolleyes:

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
One of those stupid teams is undefeated and the other is 4-3 with a rookie QB. Real dumbasses :rolleyes:

Yeah that is after they rectified their mistake. :rolleyes:

P-L
10-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I have real big doubts that Pryor is going to be a top pro prospect. No, it has nothing to do with me being a U-M fan. His mechanics are horrible and I almost guarantee those won't be fixed at the college level. When you take a quarterback and rework their mechanics you set them back a step or two. Fact is, most college teams are not going to take the time and effort to fix those problems, unless it benefits them. Why don't you think anyone at Florida has tried to fix Tebow's mechanics? It's because deep down inside they don't give a **** about what he does in the pros as long as they are winning National Championships and getting to BCS Bowl games.

The same situation is going to happen with Pryor. Right now, he is having success throwing the football and Ohio State is winning (5-1 with Pryor as a starter). As a team who is expected to win every game they play, Ohio State has very little to gain by reworking Pryor's mechanics.

The only chance that anything happens, is if Pryor starts to struggle throwing the ball. If all those jump balls he throws start turning into picks, then Ohio State has incentive to do something. However, as long as he has success at the college level, he won't improve significantly as a passer in terms of pro potential.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM

Well you have to be able to pass obviously to keep the defense honest but I'd say that running CAN matter if you have 4.4 speed.

A guy like Vince Young I knew would fail in the NFL because he only had 4.5 close to 4.6 speed when he left Texas. That isn't fast enough to beat NFL defenders to the corner.

Apparently neither can class. Terrelle Pryor challenged himself in his last game by threatening to bench himself if he doesn't perform. The guy has a very strong work ethic. Because he cried after the worst loss of his career he has no character? You are a sad person

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
The only chance that anything happens, is if Pryor starts to struggle throwing the ball. If all those jump balls he throws start turning into picks, then Ohio State has incentive to do something. However, as long as he has success at the college level, he won't improve significantly as a passer in terms of pro potential.

Which is what I think will happen. There is no reason to think that he will excel at throwing the ball down field which he obviously will have to do.

Well you have to be able to pass obviously to keep the defense honest but I'd say that running CAN matter if you have 4.4 speed.

A guy like Vince Young I knew would fail in the NFL because he only had 4.5 close to 4.6 speed when he left Texas. That isn't fast enough to beat NFL defenders to the corner.

Pryor is such a long strider. I question his ability to get to that corner if there isn't a lot of space.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM

As for the comments about him not even being a NFL prospect at this point, that is stupid. Honestly, how many young QBs with his height and athletic ability come around? Just the fact he has those physical skills makes him elite and a potential NFL player in the future.

Why look ahead so far? I say, why not, it is quite fun and very interesting! Pretty closed minded to just view the prospects of the current upcoming NFL draft.

It's more bias than anything. Most people are anti-dual threat QB.

It doesn't matter that Pryor is completing 65% of his passes and has a 2/1 TD/INT ratio as a True Freshman while another per say highly touted True Freshman QB in Matthew STafford had 7 TDs to 13 INTs his Freshman year.

While the young Jimmy Clausen was 114th in the nation in terms of efficiency his Freshman year.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM

This guy is the prime example of what I'm talking about.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM

FYI, he's doing A LOT of the same things at OSU that he'd be doing at UM, so your argument is a little whack.

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
This guy is the prime example of what I'm talking about.

The thing is.....what he is saying is pretty much spot on.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
FYI, he's doing A LOT of the same things at OSU that he'd be doing at UM, so your argument is a little whack.

They throw the football a lot more in the OSU offense than they do at Michigan.

In that Rich Rodriguez offense a QB literally has no chance to develop at the next level with how many times they run the football.

I think some of the zone read and QB draws they are running is more because Pryor is a True Freshman more than anything.

I don't think Tressel exactly plays that close to the vest Pryor's entire career.

P-L
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Pryor is not running a true pro style offense that Matt Stafford and Jimmy Clausen were running as true freshman.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
The thing is.....what he is saying is pretty much spot on.

What he's saying is a joke. He's trying to pigeon hole Pryor as a guy who has no future at the NFL as a true Freshman. Never mind his physical gifts and the kid's will to win.

Let's write him off as a True Freshman.

Again let's point out that the drop back "pro style" QBs out of HIgh SChool in Stafford and Clausen and how not so awesome they looked as True Freshman. But we give them the benefit of the doubt that their chances of going pro aren't automatically gone halfway through their True Freshman years even though they looked like worse passers than Pryor.

That is the unbelievable bias against dual threat QBs that Im talking about. And I highlight dual threat because I know it's not just a race issue because the same is done for Tim Tebow.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, Pryor is not running a true pro style offense that Matt Stafford and Jimmy Clausen were running as true freshman.

I wouldn't call what those guys did their Freshman year as running an offense.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 10:25 AM
They throw the football a lot more in the OSU offense than they do at Michigan.

Oh really? They do? Have you watched any games this year? Because I have, and I've seen Ohio State throw 200 times. Michigan? 226.

In that Rich Rodriguez offense a QB literally has no chance to develop at the next level with how many times they run the football.

Again, really? Because Michigan has run 56% and passed 46%. Pretty even split considering the strength of the team is the running backs. Ohio State has run the ball 64% of the time.

I think some of the zone read and QB draws they are running is more because Pryor is a True Freshman more than anything.

Not really, he's just not a good passer.

I don't think Tressel exactly plays that close to the vest Pryor's entire career.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. It depends if Pryor can stop throwing wobbly ducks.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh really? They do? Have you watched any games this year? Because I have, and I've seen Ohio State throw 200 times. Michigan? 226.

Again, really? Because Michigan has run 56% and passed 46%. Pretty even split considering the strength of the team is the running backs. Ohio State has run the ball 64% of the time.

He's obviously compromised what he wants to do this year offensively because he doesn't have the personnel to run what he wants to run. Steven Threet isn't exactly a Pat White when it comes to rushing the football. Terrelle Pryor would have about twice as many rushing attempts as passing attempts if he was playing for Michigan right now.

Not really, he's just not a good passer.

He's been very efficient when they have opened up the offense which is why for instance in the Penn State game they moved the football the most when they actually tried to get the football down the field at the end of 1st and 2nd half.

Receivers are wide open when they decide to PA pass because of how much they respect OSU's running game but Tressel plays too close to that sweater vest to take advantage.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
He's obviously compromised what he wants to do this year offensively because he doesn't have the personnel to run what he wants to run.

Maybe, but I can guaran-damn-tee when Shavodrick Beaver or Tate Forcier become the starter, they're still not going to be running more than 60% of the time.

Steven Threet isn't exactly a Pat White when it comes to rushing the football. Terrelle Pryor would have about twice as many rushing attempts as passing attempts if he was playing for Michigan right now.

No, he wouldn't. Michigan's OL sucks at run blocking. They're not that bad at pass blocking, but awful at run blocking. Pryor runs by choice at OSU, most of the time because he can't read a defense

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
No, he wouldn't. Michigan's OL sucks at run blocking. They're not that bad at pass blocking, but awful at run blocking. Pryor runs by choice at OSU, most of the time because he can't read a defense

Most of the time he runs it's a zone read option or QB draw. If anything he is too hesitant to run the football when he's trying to keep a play alive.

BTW, what True Freshman QB do you know that can dissect a defense like they are ready to play on Sundays?

Sniper
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Most of the time he runs it's a zone read option or QB draw. If anything he is too hesitant to run the football when he's trying to keep a play alive.

But with OSU's pro-style offense that prepares people oh so well for the NFL, there should be no zone reads or QB draws.

BTW, what True Freshman QB do you know that can dissect a defense like they are ready to play on Sundays?

None. It doesn't mean Pryor is a good passer.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
But with OSU's pro-style offense that prepares people oh so well for the NFL, there should be no zone reads or QB draws.

No one said that OSU ran a straight up pro style offense. Just one that will prepare a QB for the next level a lot more than the one at Michigan.

Tressel knows that there is a maturation process at the QB position which is why he's trying to bring Pryor along. Problem is that Pryor is more advanced than Tressel is getting him credit for with his conservative playcalling.

But historical precedent has been set with the previous dual threat QB of how that OSU offense goes from a lot of zone read to a whole lot of down field passing as the years go by for a QB in that offense. And anyone with a football eye can see that Pryor is by far more advanced than that last guy at this stage or any dual threat QB in recent memory at this stage for that matter.

None. It doesn't mean Pryor is a good passer.

Exactly NONE. So it's a moot point saying that a guy has no future because he can't fully read a freaking defense in his 6th game as a starter in college football in his True Freshman year.

He's not a good passer? Relative to what? What precedent has been set of guys at his stage of experience who blow him out the water to show that he is so far behind that suggesting he has a future at the next level is asinine?

Sniper
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Exactly NONE. So it's a moot point saying that a guy has no future because he can't fully read a freaking defense in his 6th game as a starter in college football in his True Freshman year.

He's not a good passer? Relative to what? What precedent has been set of guys at his stage of experience who blow him out the water to show that he is so far behind that suggesting he has a future at the next level is asinine?

Relative to other recent true freshmen. Jimmy Clausen, Matt Stafford, Chad Henne, and a few others have shown significantly more as passers during their freshman years. They showed better arms, better accuracy, better mental makeup etc...

BBIB
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Relative to other recent true freshmen. Jimmy Clausen, Matt Stafford, Chad Henne, and a few others have shown significantly more as passers during their freshman years. They showed better arms, better accuracy, better mental makeup etc...

LOL.

A)Chad Henne did not have your typical True Freshman season

B)He had Braylon Edwards, Breaston, and Jason Avant.

And even with guys later like Manningham and Arrington, Henne truly never progressed after that season. In fact, his TD totals went down in every season after that along with the rest of his numbers. So if anything we saw regression instead of progression.

Matthew Stafford and better accuracy and mental makeup as a true Freshman? NOw that's a hoot. Yeah maybe if his interceptions counted as touchdowns and his touchdowns as interceptions. And as far as accuracy, tell me was it is near 50% completion percentage that did it for you?

And for Clausen, was it all those dump off passes that led to worse in D-1 football 5.1 YPA? Or the fact that despite all those dump off passes he still had a pathetic completion percentage? Or maybe it's the whopping 1 more TD than INT that did it for you.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL.

A)Chad Henne did not have your typical True Freshman season

B)He had Braylon Edwards, Breaston, and Jason Avant.

And even with guys later like Manningham and Arrington, Henne truly never progressed after that season. In fact, his TD totals went down in every season after that along with the rest of his numbers. So if anything we saw regression instead of progression.

Yet he still led the team to the Rose Bowl and a Big 10 title.

Matthew Stafford and better accuracy and mental makeup as a true Freshman? NOw that's a hoot. Yeah maybe if his interceptions counted as touchdowns and his touchdowns as interceptions. And as far as accuracy, tell me was it is near 50% completion percentage that did it for you?

He was still better than Pryor. His receivers were beyond brutal and a meh OL.

And for Clausen, was it all those dump off passes that led to worse in D-1 football 5.1 YPA? Or the fact that despite all those dump off passes he still had a pathetic completion percentage? Or maybe it's the whopping 1 more TD than INT that did it for you.

Did you not watch ND last year? I'm probably the biggest ND basher on this site, but Clausen's offensive line crumbled upon being looked at. Not to mention, Robby Paris was their best WR. Robby Paris!

BBIB
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Yet he still led the team to the Rose Bowl and a Big 10 title.

And he STILL regressed every year after he lost Braylon Edwards despite other future NFL prospects on the roster at the WR position.

He was still better than Pryor. His receivers were beyond brutal and a meh OL.

How? In what way was he better than Pryor besides having better arm strength? He had twice as many picks as TDs for crying out loud.

Did you not watch ND last year? I'm probably the biggest ND basher on this site, but Clausen's offensive line crumbled upon being looked at. Not to mention, Robby Paris was their best WR. Robby Paris!

Of course I watched them, they are on national TV every week.

I watched them throw all those dump off passes. To say he showed more than Pryor is a joke. Even though he was obviously in no position to do so with that situation with how poor their running game and Oline was. That Armando Allen guy Im glad didn't choose UF BTW.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
And he STILL regressed every year after he lost Braylon Edwards despite other future NFL prospects on the roster at the WR position.

Yes, it had nothing to do with the fact that Mike DeBord was the offensive coordinator. Nothing at all. Nope. All Henne. And are you really saying he regressed as a QB because his TDs dropped? It shows how little you ever watched UM play.

How? In what way was he better than Pryor besides having better arm strength? He had twice as many picks as TDs for crying out loud.

Starting from day 1 in the SEC isn't the easiest task to ask for.

Of course I watched them, they are on national TV every week.

I watched them throw all those dump off passes. To say he showed more than Pryor is a joke. Even though he was obviously in no position to do so with that situation with how poor their running game and Oline was. That Armando Allen guy Im glad didn't choose UF BTW.

Well then how the **** do you expect ND to run real patterns when their OL can't block for screen passes? Seriously. How can you run a 25 yard deep post if you can't block for a six yard hitch?

BBIB
10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, it had nothing to do with the fact that Mike DeBord was the offensive coordinator. Nothing at all. Nope. All Henne. And are you really saying he regressed as a QB because his TDs dropped? It shows how little you ever watched UM play.

His TDs, yardage, and completion percentage all dropped from Freshman year. What else can you call that besides regression? I mean it would be one thing if he put up Sam Bradford numbers his 1st year starting. Those are hard to live up to. But it's not like his numbers that year were even that stellar to begin with.

Starting from day 1 in the SEC isn't the easiest task to ask for.

He didn't start from day one. He started 8 of their 13 games. You question if I watched UM games. I certainly question if you watched UGA games in 2006 if you honestly think Stafford showed more than Pryor in his 1st year as a starter. Erratic is not even the word to describe how bad he was for most of that year passing the football.

Well then how the **** do you expect ND to run real patterns when their OL can't block for screen passes? Seriously. How can you run a 25 yard deep post if you can't block for a six yard hitch?

Well how the **** can you say he showed more? Obviously he wasn't even in position to do so. So the fact that you said he did so makes it a joke.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 11:46 AM
His TDs, yardage, and completion percentage all dropped from Freshman year. What else can you call that besides regression? I mean it would be one thing if he put up Sam Bradford numbers his 1st year starting. Those are hard to live up to. But it's not like his numbers that year were even that stellar to begin with.

Yup, again, stats tell the whole story.

He didn't start from day one. He started 8 of their 13 games. You question if I watched UM games. I certainly question if you watched UGA games in 2006 if you honestly think Stafford showed more than Pryor in his 1st year as a starter. Erratic is not even the word to describe how bad he was for most of that year passing the football.

Pryor isn't really asked to do much. 64% runs? Yeah, that's not asking him to do much.

Well how the **** can you say he showed more? Obviously he wasn't even in position to do so. So the fact that you said he did so makes it a joke.

Better footwork in the pocket , better at reading the defenses, better arm, better accuracy.

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 11:51 AM
My biggest problem with Pryor is his arm. It is that simple. He throws ducks. He has no touch, no accuracy, and no zip behind any throw. My heart stops on 10 yard out routes because I'm afraid a corner will jump the route and take it to the house.

DeathbyStat
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM

My thoughts exactly

DeathbyStat
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
My biggest problem with Pryor is his arm. It is that simple. He throws ducks. He has no touch, no accuracy, and no zip behind any throw. My heart stops on 10 yard out routes because I'm afraid a corner will jump the route and take it to the house.

If Penn State wasn't playing so conservative this would have happened more than once

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I'd like to highlight one play.

The game ending interception.

Pryor had a man open but because he can't throw the ball with zip he allowed the other DB to recover and turn around and pick it. I don't know....maybe he can throw the ball with some authority but he chooses not to.

They showed us Pryor's angle with that field cam or whatever it is called....and it confirmed Pryor DID have a man open.

keylime_5
10-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Once Pryor gets his footwork straightened out he'll have solved a lot of his problems, especially that INT at the end of the PSU game which would never have happened if he had proper feet on that play. QBs like Vince Young and Troy Smith weren't any better passers than Terrelle as true freshmen, it takes time. Smith was a kid with a strong arm who had one read and stared down receivers as a redshirt sophomore - as a senior he was the best passer in the NCAA, it takes time but I have faith that Terrelle will be a decent passer to go along with being a great runner. Not that he's the style of pocket passer that succeeds in the NFL but in college he will be a great one.

LonghornsLegend
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Now I know to never pay much attention to how you break down QB's, since Vince was gonna be a failure because he ran a 4.5, only if he ran a 4.4 he could be a sucessful NFL QB:rolleyes:

He ran past countless defenders up to this point, does the OT game vs Houston ring a bell? That has no bearing on how well he is doing or will be doing nor does Pryor being faster mean he will be better, that's a terrible analogy.

This is football, and were talking about QB's, were not talking about street races.

hobbes2053
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Once Pryor gets his footwork straightened out he'll have solved a lot of his problems, especially that INT at the end of the PSU game which would never have happened if he had proper feet on that play. QBs like Vince Young and Troy Smith weren't any better passers than Terrelle as true freshmen, it takes time. Smith was a kid with a strong arm who had one read and stared down receivers as a redshirt sophomore - as a senior he was the best passer in the NCAA, it takes time but I have faith that Terrelle will be a decent passer to go along with being a great runner. Not that he's the style of pocket passer that succeeds in the NFL but in college he will be a great one.

I'm right there with you keylime. He's only going to get better. People tend to be so critical of him but he is only a frosh, so he's got all kinds of time. Not to mention a full off season to work on mechanics and bulk up.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 12:27 PM
I'd like to highlight one play.

The game ending interception.

Pryor had a man open but because he can't throw the ball with zip he allowed the other DB to recover and turn around and pick it. I don't know....maybe he can throw the ball with some authority but he chooses not to.

They showed us Pryor's angle with that field cam or whatever it is called....and it confirmed Pryor DID have a man open.

LOL you have to be kidding me. The guy was in triple coverage. If anything he should have thrown the ball away. And even if he was going to try to thread the needle he threw the ball too late.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 12:29 PM
If Penn State wasn't playing so conservative this would have happened more than once

If anyone was playing conservative it was Ohio St offensively. Run on 1st and 2nd down just about on every single freaking drive even though Penn State was daring them to throw the ball.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Now I know to never pay much attention to how you break down QB's, since Vince was gonna be a failure because he ran a 4.5, only if he ran a 4.4 he could be a sucessful NFL QB:rolleyes:

He ran past countless defenders up to this point, does the OT game vs Houston ring a bell? That has no bearing on how well he is doing or will be doing nor does Pryor being faster mean he will be better, that's a terrible analogy.

This is football, and were talking about QB's, were not talking about street races.

Vince Young was a failure because he was a one year wonder at the QB position in a simple one read system at Texas.

Where did I say his speed was the only reason he failed? I just knew that he could not rely on his legs nearly as much as he could at Texas because he wouldn't be fast enough to beat the kind of defenders that Vick beat to the corner in the NFL. Im pretty sure Pryor has the speed to do so.

But obviously speed means nothing if you can't keep the defense honest. Pryor is not only faster than Vince Young but he's far ahead of the curve as a passer. In his true Freshman season he looks better passing the football than Vince Young did as a redshirt Sophmore.

None of that matters to people who have some sort of agenda.

I mean for anyone to suggest that he looks inferior to Clausen and Stafford as a True Freshman is ridiculous. Neither one of those guys looked decent relative to the rest of college QBs, let alone NFL prospects.

LonghornsLegend
10-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Vince Young was a failure because he was a one year wonder at the QB position in a simple one read system at Texas.

Where did I say his speed was the only reason he failed? I just knew that he could not rely on his legs nearly as much as he could at Texas because he wouldn't be fast enough to beat the kind of defenders that Vick beat to the corner in the NFL. Im pretty sure Pryor has the speed to do so.

But obviously speed means nothing if you can't keep the defense honest. Pryor is not only faster than Vince Young but he's far ahead of the curve as a passer. In his true Freshman season he looks better passing the football than Vince Young did as a redshirt Sophmore.

Judging from this post...

Bruce Banner
10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
LOL you have to be kidding me. The guy was in triple coverage. If anything he should have thrown the ball away. And even if he was going to try to thread the needle he threw the ball too late.

No. A TD was possible.

Throwing it away would have been good too.

Instead he did the worst thing possible.

ElectricEye
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Pryor is showing a lot more as a passer than anyone would have though. Out of all the extreme mobile quarterbacks that have come into the NCAA in the past couple years, the high profile ones anyway, Pryor has demonstrated the most as a passer early on. He has really good arm strength, but his mechanics are pretty flawed at this point.

He doesn't set his feet well...but the main thing I've seen is his release. He doesn't seem to grip the ball well, and it doesn't come out of his hand either. He wastes a lot of effort with the way he throws. That's all correctable though.

There's still a lot to like about him as a passer in the early goings. He's shown that he can be fairly accurate, even in a limited offense. He's no seasoned pro in terms of reading the defense, but he certainly makes a lot better reads than most freshman quarterbacks. The thing I really like about him is that he hangs around in the pocket instead of just taking off. He keeps his eyes downfield when he moves around as well. Pryor might have attitude issues, but one thing I think he's made implicit is that he wants to develop as a quarterback. I think he's more than capable of doing that.

As far as the entire Clausen/Henne/Stafford thing, I would take what Pryor is doing as a freshman over what they did/were capable of doing back then.

It's still way to early for this, but he's very talented. I just hope the hype doesn't kill him, because the talk is only going to get worse. He and Robert Griffin have the potential to corner the market for mobile quarterbacks in a few years.

BBIB
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll even be critical on Pryor. Outside that one game where he had 4 TDs to 1 INT.

He has 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Now that's obviously not very good. But for people to suggest Clausen and Stafford looked better is just plain silly.

Im not saying he looked worlds better than either. But no way did they show more than Pryor has shown. That's because it's rare for a True Freshman QB to look anything but average at best when they are starting in a major BCS conference.

As mentioned he is far ahead of the curve of any dual threat QB in recent memory. Tyrod Taylor is the only other guy that I can think of that even started their True Freshman year and no offense to Tyrod but not even close to Pryor's level of maturity as a passer.

Pryor looks as good as guys like Troy Smith and Vince Young did their redshirt sophmore years. Which is to say he is TWO YEARS ahead of the curve.

aNYtitan
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
He's 19!! Wait 3 years and make this thread again.

Fixed that one, cause he most likely will make that big leap after junior year

BBIB
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Fixed that one, cause he most likely will make that big leap after junior year

Well it depends honestly on what type of progression he does/doesn't make next season before we could even speculate on him coming out after 3 years.

Hopefully they open up the offense next year. It's painful to watch how conservative they have been this season.

Brent
10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I like how any thread involving a big name from UM or tOSU gets turned into a debate between their fans.

SuperKevin
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
I like how any thread involving a big name from UM or tOSU gets turned into a debate between their fans.

Actually most college football threads regardless of topic seem to drift that way

Babylon
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM

Doesn't seem like they can be objective does it? If Pryor went to Michigan their fans would think he's great and not recognize any of his shortcomings.

Brent
10-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Actually most college football threads regardless of topic seem to drift that way
Aside from small Mizzou/Kansas debates in the Big XII Thread, it's been rather calm in there.

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I saw Terrelle at a Finishline a couple of weeks ago.

Not 6'6. Extremely lanky. Moron.

That is all.

illmatic74
01-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Jordan Jefferson I think has more potential.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Jordan Jefferson I think has more potential.

No quarterback in the NCAA has more pure potential than Terrelle Pryor.

Babylon
01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
No quarterback in the NCAA has more pure potential than Terrelle Pryor.

As a runner maybe, he's lost in the passing game and he really can't use being a freshman as an excuse anymore.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
As a runner maybe, he's lost in the passing game and he really can't use being a freshman as an excuse anymore.

Why not? Did he magically grow into a sophomore?

BroadwayJoe10
01-05-2009, 09:26 PM

He's lost in the passing game?? If you've seen all of his games you can already tell he's progressed significantly in that department. In his first few games he relied solely on his first read and then if that guy wasn't open he tucked it and ran. I began to see the difference when he played troy and than really saw the progression at his last 3 games. You can see that he makes more reads prior to passing and he has become a lot better with taking a sack instead of forcing the ball into coverage.

His presence inside the pocket to create time for him to throw cannot be looked at solely as him just running; he isn't scrambling to run, but to buy himself time.

I've been very impressed with him this year.

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm sitting there at finishline...looking at shoes....when I hear this commotion towards the front....I stand up to see what is happening, only to hear Terrelle Pryor yell "Me and my n-words want the NEWEST JORDANS!".

He's an intimidating figure. Black sweats from top to bottom, accented nicely by a new york yankees flat bill. Really classy looking, as you can probably guess.

Brooder
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Pryor is another Vince Young and you know how that turned out to be. Pryor needs to become a better passer quickly because he wont be able to use his legs in the NFL.

Babylon
01-05-2009, 09:31 PM
He's lost in the passing game?? If you've seen all of his games you can already tell he's progressed significantly in that department. In his first few games he relied solely on his first read and then if that guy wasn't open he tucked it and ran. I began to see the difference when he played troy and than really saw the progression at his last 3 games. You can see that he makes more reads prior to passing and he has become a lot better with taking a sack instead of forcing the ball into coverage.

His presence inside the pocket to create time for him to throw cannot be looked at solely as him just running; he isn't scrambling to run, but to buy himself time.

I've been very impressed with him this year.

If he's progressed in the passing game i would hate to see where he was. He looks confused and it looks like they've shrunk the playbook for him.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
If he's progressed in the passing game i would hate to see where he was. He looks confused and it looks like they've shrunk the playbook for him.

Because they have shrunk the playbook for him. Any coach who DOESN'T shrink the playbook for a true freshman (non-early enrollee at that) should be beat in the face.

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
He still throws one of the ugliest balls I've ever seen

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Because they have shrunk the playbook for him. Any coach who DOESN'T shrink the playbook for a true freshman (non-early enrollee at that) should be beat in the face.

Terrelle Pryor doesn't know the whole playbook as a frosh? BUSTVILLE HERE HE COMES!

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Absolute ducks.

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM

He pushes that ****.

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
He pushes that ****.

Coincidentally that's what Ohio State's last big freshman phenom Maurice Clarett is doing right now.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Coincidentally that's what Ohio State's last big freshman phenom Maurice Clarett is doing right now.

Wow....sig quote!

Bruce Banner

not sure how you made that connection but I admire it greatly.

Babylon

What's it like his 13th or 14th game? time to grow up. And you contradict yourself, you say nobody has better potential and then you say he throws ducks???

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
What's it like his 13th or 14th game? time to grow up. And you contradict yourself, you say nobody has better potential and then you say he throws ducks???

Duck throwing can be corrected easily would be my response.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:40 PM

How is that contradicting myself? I said he has potential. I didn't say he was a good passer right now. Potential means you have talent but there are things to work on to be really good. Pryor has things to work on. Duck throwing is one of the easiest thing for a QB coach to fix.

Babylon
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
How is that contradicting myself? I said he has potential. I didn't say he was a good passer right now. Potential means you have talent but there are things to work on to be really good. Pryor has things to work on. Duck throwing is one of the easiest thing for a QB coach to fix.

If it was correctable then all the weak armed QBs out there would be throwing like Matthew Stafford wouldnt they?

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
If it was correctable then all the weak armed QBs out there would be throwing like Matthew Stafford wouldnt they?

Duck throwing isn't due to throwing power. It's technique. Pryor has a fairly strong arm but his mechanics are out of whack.

Babylon
01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Duck throwing isn't due to throwing power. It's technique. Pryor has a fairly strong arm but his mechanics are out of whack.

I love arguing with a Wolverine trying to defend a Buckeye, that's just wrong.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I love arguing with a Wolverine trying to defend a Buckeye, that's just wrong.

Kind of weird. I'm trying to stay unbiased. The kid's got ridiculous potential. I just don't buy this "OSU will better prepare him for the NFL" business. OSU hasn't produced a NFL QB worth a damn in...well, let me get back to you on that.

Marino13
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
sometimes it seems like Pryor is trying too hard to convince everybody, including himself, that he is a pass first QB. NOt that there's anything wrong with being pass first, but he's way too hesitant to try and make plays himself. It doesn't help that at times he waits way too long to throw the ball either.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 10:01 PM
sometimes it seems like Pryor is trying too hard to convince everybody, including himself, that he is a pass first QB. NOt that there's anything wrong with being pass first, but he's way too hesitant to try and make plays himself. It doesn't help that at times he waits way too long to throw the ball either.

So he's Donovan McNabb?

hockey619
01-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Nah he aint DM. McNabb can pass the rock, Pryor cant pass gas right now.

jballa838
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I said WR, he has great ball skills and is really tall. He can't throw. I have been texting my friend during the game and my texts have basically said this.
"Pryor can't throw", "Wow he is elusive", "Pryor still can't throw", "He'd be a solid WR", "He still can't throw".

Babylon
01-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I said WR, he has great ball skills and is really tall. He can't throw. I have been texting my friend during the game and my texts have basically said this.
"Pryor can't throw", "Wow he is elusive", "Pryor still can't throw", "He'd be a solid WR", "He still can't throw".

His throwing makes Jake Locker look like freaking Joe Namath.

kwilk103
01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
make a pro bowl defensive end (actually he was a pretty good de in hs)

think he would make a great wr; 6'6 with his speed and vertical

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 11:27 PM

he's not 6'6

kwilk103
01-05-2009, 11:33 PM
what hes listed at

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 11:42 PM
what hes listed at

he's listed as 6'6

but he's not.

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
From what I saw of the game tonight, every time Texas blitzed TeePee it looked like he was scared and would throw before setting his feet and the ball would always be wobbly and short.

P-L
01-05-2009, 11:47 PM
he's listed as 6'6

but he's not.
I remember this Penn State fan (reigle maybe???) was all on Pryor's jock. Said he was a legit 6'6" 230 and ran a legit 4.3 40. He also claimed that Pryor was going to win three Heismans and Ohio State was going to win three national championships with him. And I'm 100% serious, this guy was a PSU fan.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I remember this Penn State fan (reigle maybe???) was all on Pryor's jock. Said he was a legit 6'6" 230 and ran a legit 4.3 40. He also claimed that Pryor was going to win three Heismans and Ohio State was going to win three national championships with him. And I'm 100% serious, this guy was a PSU fan.

It was Reigle.

Bruce Banner
01-05-2009, 11:51 PM
**shakes head**

well, now that he is a buckeye I'm sure he's 6'4 215 and runs a 4.7 in Reigle's eyes.

I must say this somewhere, Alex Boone = class act

jballa838
01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
His throwing makes Jake Locker look like freaking Joe Namath.
he is amazing. Jake Locker > all.

TACKLE
01-05-2009, 11:54 PM

And he would know exactly what the opposing QB was thinking thus making him a dominant pass rusher.

ElectricEye
01-06-2009, 12:08 AM
And he would know exactly what the opposing QB was thinking thus making him a dominant pass rusher.

Situationally, of course. He still wouldn't be anywhere near Juice Williams. Juice Williams makes Demarcus Ware look like Martha Stewart.

Pryor looks pretty legit 6'6 to me. 6'5 at the very least. An inch doesn't really make much of a difference anyway. He's not a bad passer...but he can't throw. It's an odd situation. We'll see.

Bruce Banner
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Pryor looks pretty legit 6'6 to me. 6'5 at the very least. An inch doesn't really make much of a difference anyway. He's not a bad passer...but he can't throw. It's an odd situation. We'll see.

I hate repeating this, but I stood right next to him.

Don't let his lankiness fool you.

6'4 9/16

ElectricEye
01-06-2009, 12:11 AM
I hate repeating this, but I stood right next to him.

Don't let his lankiness fool you.

I'm fooled until I see some kind of official measurement. Sorry.

Bruce Banner
01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm fooled until I see some kind of official measurement. Sorry.

We won't see a perfect measurement for two years.

when he will actually be 6'6

****!

Babylon
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Situationally, of course. He still wouldn't be anywhere near Juice Williams. Juice Williams makes Demarcus Ware look like Martha Stewart.

Not being able to throw isnt a good quality for a passer.

ElectricEye
01-06-2009, 12:16 AM
We won't see a perfect measurement for two years.

when he will actually be 6'6

****!
http://www.teamdrunkottawa.com/funnay/images/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Not being able to throw isnt a good quality for a passer.
If he doesn't learn to throw a spiral by next year he should probably start running routes at practice.

illmatic74
01-06-2009, 12:17 AM
he is amazing. Jake Locker > all.This is off topic but no joke I think Locker could turn into a real good NFL prospect under Sarkasian.

Bruce Banner
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
http://www.teamdrunkottawa.com/funnay/images/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

gotta hedge your bets

Babylon
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
This is off topic but no joke I think Locker could turn into a real good NFL prospect under Sarkasian.

Off off topic the Huskies just signed the USC defensive coordinator Nick Holt.

keylime_5
01-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Kind of weird. I'm trying to stay unbiased. The kid's got ridiculous potential. I just don't buy this "OSU will better prepare him for the NFL" business. OSU hasn't produced a NFL QB worth a damn in...well, let me get back to you on that.

So you actually think Pryor will be better prepared NFL prospect in a shotgun spread high school offense like west virginia and michigan run as opposed to a pro style offense under center? No way in hell.

Shane P. Hallam
01-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I guarantee Pryor is a first day pick....at something.

Someone will take him in the second as a WR, worst case scenario. The ONLY thing that could knock him out is character issues. I have heard some word that he may be suspended at some point next year.

keylime_5
01-06-2009, 11:23 AM
I have to ask, why the crap do you guys got the pokemon sigs going on?

PACKmanN
01-06-2009, 11:30 AM
He reminds me a lot like a taller Mike Vick or Randall Cunningham.

ElectricEye
01-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I guarantee Pryor is a first day pick....at something.

Someone will take him in the second as a WR, worst case scenario. The ONLY thing that could knock him out is character issues. I have heard some word that he may be suspended at some point next year.

Pretty much this.

He'll get every shot in the world to stick at quarterback though. He has the arm for it and his other tools are all world. He's a basketball athlete with quarterback skills. His mechanics really aren't that bad footwork or arm slot wise...but the ball doesn't come out of his hand right at all. That's going to make or break him very early on as a pro prospect.

Putting up 6'6/230/4.4 as a WR at the combine isn't a bad backup plan either. The play he made on the jump ball last night was really nice.

keylime_5
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Well like Mack Brown himself said he's farther along than Vince Young was as a true freshman and Vince was a top 3 pick. Now I don't expect Pryor to be that high of a pick, especially after how Vince has done in the NFL so far, but he has that potential if he develops into that kind of star.

gpngc
01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Probably not an NFL passer.

Smooth and fast, but not necessarily that quick.

Natural athlete with excellent size.

Sounds like Matt Jones to me...

CC.SD
01-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Probably not an NFL passer.

Smooth and fast, but not necessarily that quick.

Natural athlete with excellent size.

Sounds like Matt Jones to me...

Matt Jones aka "I must have had the best 40 training in the history of training"-Man.

Pryor will be a wide receiver and probably a damn good one.

But honestly I think he'd be better off as a pass rusher. I'm surprised we don't see more former QBs as pass rushers, they know how a QB thinks. :)

Brooder
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
It would be best served for Pryor to stop with football and play basketball. He CANNOT THROW A BALL, INSTEAD HE PUSHES IT. If he wants to continue with football, I would suggest he switch to WR or bulk up to be a TE.

giantsfan
01-06-2009, 12:37 PM
It would be best served for Pryor to stop with football and play basketball. He CANNOT THROW A BALL, INSTEAD HE PUSHES IT. If he wants to continue with football, I would suggest he switch to WR or bulk up to be a TE.

I agree completely. It's not like teenagers can be taught how to throw a football.

Pryor should just quit OSU and move to tibet to train with the shaolin monks. In 5 years he'll be a champion MMA fighter with his reach and quickness.

themaninblack
01-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Have him gain 50lbs and move him to LT.

Race for the Heisman
01-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Have him gain 50lbs and move him to LT.

Or have him gain another 50 on top of that and watch the quad-teams ensue.

Sniper
01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Seriously though...Does anyone else see beast potential for Pryor as a DE/3-4 OLB?

sbh15
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Seriously though...Does anyone else see beast potential for Pryor as a DE/3-4 OLB?

He would know what the QB is thinking!

OzTitan
01-06-2009, 10:58 PM

Better to be like that now and get it sorted rather than wait until your 2nd season in the NFL to decide not to use your legs properly anymore.

*cough*.

Preo32
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
He is a freshman, and I see a lot of potential. He does like to run it a lot, either designed plays or b/c nobody is open, but i didnt watch much of last nights game cuz i was at work, but from games Ive watched during the year, he is a smart runner and gets a lot of first downs and knows were the markers are. For a freshman, I see him as a #1 pick after his junior year unless some of the current sophmores stay till their seniors years, like Bradford, Dez Bryant and Crabtree, but i doubt they will wait that long

BBIB
01-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Pryor is another Vince Young and you know how that turned out to be. Pryor needs to become a better passer quickly because he wont be able to use his legs in the NFL.

He's by far a better passer than Vince Young was as a Redshirt Freshman. Hell he's as good a passer as Vince Young was if not better when Vince was a Redshirt Sophmore. So that leaves him TWO years ahead of the curve of VY.

BBIB
01-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Terrelle Pryor doesn't know the whole playbook as a frosh? BUSTVILLE HERE HE COMES!

Not just a True Freshman, but a True Freshman that they were not even planning on starting until how terrible Boeckman has played and how terrible their Oline has been.

It's amazing how many people are hating on this guy. Guess just goes to show how polarizing dual threat guys are.

He is a freshman, and I see a lot of potential. He does like to run it a lot, either designed plays or b/c nobody is open, but i didnt watch much of last nights game cuz i was at work, but from games Ive watched during the year, he is a smart runner and gets a lot of first downs and knows were the markers are. For a freshman, I see him as a #1 pick after his junior year unless some of the current sophmores stay till their seniors years, like Bradford, Dez Bryant and Crabtree, but i doubt they will wait that long

#1 pick in 2011 is pretty high praise. He's going to have to make vast improvements next year for that to happen.

Of course that could be a possibility with him being the guy from day one and a whole off-season to get better.

One thing's for sure, he has the athleticism. Not Just Matt Jones straight line speed either, Im talking the elusiveness a la Mike Vick as he makes it look easy.

He just has to work on his foot work and throwing mechanics because it's terrible and why it seems he has no arm.

Sniper
01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
So you actually think Pryor will be better prepared NFL prospect in a shotgun spread high school offense like west virginia and michigan run as opposed to a pro style offense under center? No way in hell.

Ohio State has run quite a bit of shotgun spread this year. Ohio State has a lengthy track record of not producing anyone in a pro-style offense.

BBIB
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Ohio State has run quite a bit of shotgun spread this year. Ohio State has a lengthy track record of not producing anyone in a pro-style offense.

They also run a lot of plays under center.

The reason they ran a lot of shotgun read with Pryor because he was raw as a spring chicken coming from AA HS in Pennsylvania where he ran the ball more than he threw it. Being an unexpected starter in a BCS Conference a few months later, needless to say he wasn't fully prepared