PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley WR, Texas

Babylon
10-26-2008, 12:05 PM
What is the ceiling for this guy? Out of highschool he was a pretty highly rated player with 4.4 speed and just now coming into his own after a career that has been filled with various injuries, most of the smaller variety. On a pace with four games left to catch about 100 passes for what may be a national champion team. At 6-0 and 200lbs would probably project nicely to an NFL slot receiver. My guess is he's a 3rd or 4th round pick anyone care to agree/disagree?

rainbeaukid2
10-26-2008, 12:06 PM
i guess third or fourth would be a legitimate projection, because he isn't going to go with the top tier receivers as, like you said, he basically projects to be a receiver in the mold of wes welker

personally i like cosby more as a receiver though

Race for the Heisman
10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I'd say third/fourth as well. Somewhere around where James Jones went.

naruto613
10-26-2008, 04:45 PM
He's a very multi-faceted WR, with good hands, very good speed, and average agility. If he stuck more to his routes, I could see him in a Wes Welker mold.

LATE 2nd - 3rd

10-26-2008, 04:48 PM
He's the new JordyZzZzzzz so of course that obviously means he's a first round talent, right ? :)

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2008, 04:50 PM
He's the new JordyZzZzzzz so of course that obviously means he's a first round talent, right ? :)

I remember people giving the Titans Jordy Nelson in round one of their mock drafts. No joke.

OaklandRaider56
10-26-2008, 08:57 PM
He's trying to get a fifth year of elegibility so he can leave with McCoy.

TACKLE
10-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I remember people giving the Titans Jordy Nelson in round one of their mock drafts. No joke.

Hey, it seemed silly at the time but he did end up being the 2nd WR taken, ahead of Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson and Devin Thomas. All guys who were projected to go to the Titans in the 1st round.

Pokeys
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Hes no Anthony Gonzalez but he has some value. Personally I like what he has to offer, speed good hands and toughness not afraid to go over the middle and make a big catch. Could be a good mid round pickup for someone, I definitely think he could become a good slot WR in the NFL.

Babylon
10-26-2008, 09:32 PM
He's trying to get a fifth year of elegibility so he can leave with McCoy.

That would be a mistake, his stock wont get any better than it is this year and if he gets another injury he'll be lucky to get drafted.

gunner13
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey, it seemed silly at the time but he did end up being the 2nd WR taken, ahead of Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson and Devin Thomas. All guys who were projected to go to the Titans in the 1st round.

Wasn't Devin Thomas one pick in front of Nelson?

Babylon
10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Wasn't Devin Thomas one pick in front of Nelson?

Two actually

RedVision
10-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Two actually

Thats Donnie Avery

Babylon
10-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Thats Donnie Avery

Avery 33
Thomas 34
Nelson 36

may be wrong but that's the info i have.

Babylon
10-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Scott had a nice little writeup in his mailbag. Interested to see what kind of speed Shipleyzzzz has at the combine. Reported 4.4 out of highschool.

Scott Wright
10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Scott had a nice little writeup in his mailbag. Interested to see what kind of speed Shipleyzzzz has at the combine. Reported 4.4 out of highschool.

I've been told he's about a 4.50 guy.

Bengals1690
10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
i love how most of the comparisons have been to Wes Welker.

Menardo75
10-31-2008, 02:06 AM
4th 5th round probably slot reciever special teams guy.

eaglesalltheway
10-31-2008, 06:55 AM
I like him a lot, and think (if he keeps up with his pace so far this season) he may end up in the 3rd to 4th round region. I think he will, so I think he will be in that range. He may not be overly fast, but he runs nice routes and had good hands. It seems like he has a good repoire (sp) with his QB, which is a positive thing. I just love this guy as aplayer, though he may not be the best out there, I just tend to root for the less heralded guys. I do like Quan Cosby a lot though, he may not have the production of Shipley (he may, I honestly don't know both of their stats) but Cosby won my admiration with his block downfield against Oklahoma. That was one fo the best htis I've seen from a WR in a while.

America
10-31-2008, 12:20 PM
I've been told he's about a 4.50 guy.

There have been dozens of articles written by guys on texas.rivals aka Orangebloods who claim that he's one of the fastest guys on the team. I remember when Chris Ogbannaya came in, he said Shipley was the guy who surprised him the most with his speed. When mentioning the fastest guys, the receivers and most everyone else mentions Shipley.

And he is trying to get a medical redshirt. I don't know what it would do to his stock, but he'd be an old rookie.

And in comparison to Cosby, I really think Shipley is a better pro prospect. Cosby is a shade under 5'10, and although he's got great ups and always seems to target the ball well and snatch it out of the air, scouts won't like his height. Plus, he's not as explosive as Shipley. Shipley has the speed and quickness that translates to a slot receiver in the pros.

bored of education
10-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Im not trusting any number on this guy until the combine

LonghornsLegend
10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
And he is trying to get a medical redshirt. I don't know what it would do to his stock, but he'd be an old rookie.

That's what I was gonna mention, he's trying to get an extra year so he can return with Colt, that may or may not be a good decision as it could increase his stock with another year of production and staying healthy, but if he gets hurt again that comes crashing to an end.

I think he's a legit high 4.4 guy, he has great hands and can make a living over the middle catching balls in traffic, with the way spread offenses are taking over he can find a spot with someone in the middle rounds.

abaddon41_80
10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
He runs a 4.45 at the minimum. Did anyone see his kick return against OU? If he bulks up a little, maybe to the 205-210 range, while keeping his speed he is a legitimate 2nd rounder. Great hands, above average speed, solid route running, decent blocker, toughness, and competitiveness.

bored of education
10-31-2008, 12:38 PM
jordyz was supposed to run a 4.1. So I will wait til the combine

LonghornsLegend
10-31-2008, 12:46 PM

Just you wait, a few more games and Shipleyzzz will get alot more 'z's at the end of his name, the more he has the faster his 40 time will be.

MetSox17
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
That's what I was gonna mention, he's trying to get an extra year so he can return with Colt, that may or may not be a good decision as it could increase his stock with another year of production and staying healthy, but if he gets hurt again that comes crashing to an end.

I think he's a legit high 4.4 guy, he has great hands and can make a living over the middle catching balls in traffic, with the way spread offenses are taking over he can find a spot with someone in the middle rounds.

Edit Edit Edit

katnip
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
mid-rounder

Staubach12
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Jordyz transportation abilities totally negate a 40-yard-dash time, so that's not valid.

Pokeys
11-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Up until his last game against TT his numbers were pretty much identical to Crabtree's.