PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reports Lions haven't paid Millen since September firing

Rayray52
10-26-2008, 01:56 PM
After being relieved of his duties last month, it appears former Detroit Lions president Matt Millen is getting overlooked on pay day.

NFL sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the Lions haven't paid Millen, who is still owed $6 to $10 million under his contract which ran until 2010, since he was fired Sept. 24.

According to those sources, the Lions are trying to get Millen to settle for an amount less than what he is owed. Millen currently has no plan to file a grievance against the Lions as both sides are exploring a settlement.

Millen won Super Bowls as a linebacker and was an acclaimed TV analyst, but had no front-office experience when he was hired in Detroit. Millen's teams won a league-low 31 games from the time he took over the Lions in 2001.

The Lions owe Millen $6 to $10 million dollars, but he (despite rumors to the contrary) is a very astute businessman. Sources in Detroit are reporting that Millen has almost finalized a settlement agreement where he will pay the Lions only $4 million dollars

I lol'ed at the comment left

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I think he should pay the lions 6-10 million dollars. Not the other way around.

bored of education
10-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Who actually cares?

umphrey
10-26-2008, 03:14 PM
The Lions owe Millen $6 to $10 million dollars, but he (despite rumors to the contrary) is a very astute businessman. Sources in Detroit are reporting that Millen has almost finalized a settlement agreement where he will pay the Lions only $4 million dollars
Astute businessman indeed. Instead of getting the 6 million he is owed, he decided to settle for only paying them 4 million.
The source probably screwed up the words but it made me laugh

Rayray52
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
No it was a comment left by a user it was meant to be a joke :)

PackerLegend
10-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Figures, piece of **** Lions wont pay the man. He deserves it, every damn penny. He helped the Lions, I mean they didnt lose every game through all these awful years and he helped with the hype train some years. :D

Gay Ork Wang
10-26-2008, 03:51 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if the Packers, Vikings and the Bears pay him too. thats why he doesnt need the 2M by the Lions