PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets Fired First

CincinnatiBengals15
10-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Rod Marinelli or Marvin Lewis

I think Marinelli with Matt Millen not around anymore no one there supports him anymore

Plus i think Mike Brown loves Marvin Lewis so much and who else would want to be HC for bengals with Mike Brown making most of the decisions aka Al Davis but at least Davis trys to win

PoopSandwich
10-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Holy **** run on sentences.

I don't know man, I think Marinara should get some more time considering he had a guy that could probably classified as ******** drafting for the past however many years.

The Dynasty
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Ah I thought this was going to be on Childress as well....Damn.

I will say at the same time which meaning the Off Season. 3 coaches already gone...and now these 2...and Potentiality teams to fire there coach would be: Vikings, Chiefs( Just a Guess), and Cowboys( Pending on how they do in the season and playoffs)

Alot of openings going to be happening this off season.

holt_bruce81
10-27-2008, 12:19 AM
IMO even with the Palmer injury, Marvin Lewis' days are numbered.

giantsfan
10-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Holy **** run on sentences.

I don't know man, I think Marinara should get some more time considering he had a guy that could probably classified as ******** drafting for the past however many years.

Punctuation is for pussies

giantsfan
10-27-2008, 12:24 AM

I will say at the same time which meaning the Off Season. 3 coaches already gone...and now these 2...and Potentiality teams to fire there coach would be: Vikings, Chiefs( Just a Guess), and Cowboys( Pending on how they do in the season and playoffs)

I'd hope that the Chargers would fire Norv Turner as well, if only so I could consider them Viable superbowl contenders.

awfullyquiet
10-27-2008, 12:33 AM
IMO even with the Palmer injury, Marvin Lewis' days are numbered.

indeedy dandy. he's done.

Notredameleo
10-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Marinelli needs to get fired tomorrow..seriously...he is a glorified d-line coach who wouldn't even be a good DC..he is a head coach right now because of monte kiffin.

Xenos
10-27-2008, 12:45 AM
I'd hope that the Chargers would fire Norv Turner as well, if only so I could consider them Viable superbowl contenders.
Norv is too valuable to the offense and Rivers. We need a new DC to replace Ted Cottrell.

Menardo75
10-27-2008, 12:59 AM
I think Rod will go first since the Lions are in clean house mode.

giantsfan
10-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Norv is too valuable to the offense and Rivers. We need a new DC to replace Ted Cottrell.

...lead the team and be able to command the players respect.

Bengalsrocket
10-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Lots of people asked if Marvin Lewis was on the hot seat at the beginning of the year. And I always responded by telling them of Mike Brown's track record. But I also never envisioned an 0-16 season being possible for us.

It's my opinion that Marvin Lewis will get fired unless he produces 3 wins this season. I have no science for this theory, but I think Mike brown would prefer not to pay two head coaches at the same and thus he'll hold onto Marvin Lewis as long as he shows any sign of being able to guide this team into victories.

However, I do retract my previous opinions at the beginning of the year. I definitely think Marvin is on the hot seat now.

vidae
10-27-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure Herm is even on the hot seat as of today. Clark Hunt knows that this is a rebuilding year and he has to temper his expectations. I would guess that Herm has this year and next to prove the team is able to play tough every game in this league. If it doesn't happen by then, he will be gone (as will most of the coaching staff too I imagine).

Yatta!
10-27-2008, 04:16 AM
They will both definitely be gone at the end of the season. It just depends on if they get canned during the season.

giantsfan
10-27-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm not sure Herm is even on the hot seat as of today. Clark Hunt knows that this is a rebuilding year and he has to temper his expectations. I would guess that Herm has this year and next to prove the team is able to play tough every game in this league. If it doesn't happen by then, he will be gone (as will most of the coaching staff too I imagine).

Yeah I think Herm will get one more season to start showing progress and competitiveness.

Mr. Stiller
10-27-2008, 07:46 AM
I think people believing Marvin Lewis will be fired, severely underestimate Mike Brown.

Even if they go 0-16 Mike Brown is Cheap and frankly Lewis is the perfect HC for him.

Their scouting group hasn't gotten any larger, and it continues to be one of the smallest in the league.

Marvin Lewis has one of the worst jobs in the league and he's one of few guys that just deal with it.

No way Mike Brown Replaces him with someone that might ***** if the conditions don't improve.

Shane P. Hallam
10-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Rumor is Brown has also told Marvin that he gets to choose when he leaves. I think Marinelli is fired first.

Brent
10-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Firing Millen was an easy scapegoat for the Lions. Why not fire Marinelli since he's a Millen hire?

nrk
10-27-2008, 09:51 AM

Childress was the first coach I thought of when I read the thread haha.

NIN1984
10-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Rumor is Brown has also told Marvin that he gets to choose when he leaves. I think Marinelli is fired first.

Yeah, I heard that on ESPN. So I think Marinelli will be gone.

rockio42
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM

I agree with replacing Ted Cottrell, when Wade was running that defense it was freaking great, now it just seems to not have the kind of fire and intensity that it had when Wade was there

Smooth Criminal
10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Marvin Lewis will never be fired. Mike Brown is simply to cheap to fire Lewis and have to pay out the rest of his contract. Only way Lewis isnt the HC next season is if he quits.

Marinelli is out. Millen is gone so the new GM won't have any problem finding his own guy at HC.

CashmoneyDrew
10-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Polls are awesome.

T-RICH49
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Carl Peterson has the hottest seat in KC

awfullyquiet
10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah I think Herm will get one more season to start showing progress and competitiveness.

The chiefs are already showing a little progress and moxie.

Herm is the coach of the Chiefs and is on no way on the hotseat.

hobbes2053
10-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Mike Brown is the bane of the Bengals.

bantx
10-27-2008, 01:04 PM
get ted cottrell out of san diego asap!

Xenos
10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
...lead the team and be able to command the players respect.
I think he has the players respects especially during the run last season. He's a lot more fiery than people give him credit for and has done good things for the offense and Rivers. The problem is more on the defensive side of the ball, which Norv has to take Ted to task for. If we can fix the defensive calling, we actually have a chance to make a splash this season. And by fixing the defense, I mean getting rid of Ted Cottrell. You can't keep rushing 4 at a QB like Brees, otherwise you're going to get picked apart.

bantx
10-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah you cant complain how Norv helped Rivers and the offense, im so fed up with ted cottrell right now. I really think he doesnt know what a blitz is.

giantsfan
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I think he has the players respects especially during the run last season. He's a lot more fiery than people give him credit for and has done good things for the offense and Rivers. The problem is more on the defensive side of the ball, which Norv has to take Ted to task for. If we can fix the defensive calling, we actually have a chance to make a splash this season. And by fixing the defense, I mean getting rid of Ted Cottrell. You can't keep rushing 4 at a QB like Brees, otherwise you're going to get picked apart.

I just don't think that Norv Turner can lead a team to a superbowl, his players can carry him to one, but he'll never be the guy to rally the troops and instill resiliency in his players like the great ones do.

P-L
10-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Marinelli is gone at the end of the season, but not before. We have NO ONE who could do a better job than him for the rest of the year.

awfullyquiet
10-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Marinelli is gone at the end of the season, but not before. We have NO ONE who could do a better job than him for the rest of the year.

true statement. they could hire matt millen as the interim coach of the lions...

he has SOME experience... i think...

Mr. Stiller
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM

If Marinelli is gone, who do the Detroit fans want the most. Is Grimm or Rivera the buzz guy?

Xenos
10-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I just don't think that Norv Turner can lead a team to a superbowl, his players can carry him to one, but he'll never be the guy to rally the troops and instill resiliency in his players like the great ones do.
I don't think Norv needs to be the rah rah guy in order to rally the troops. I'm not giving up hope yet, especially since I feel that he can do it again. Of course, in an ideal world, I suppose I want Marty during the week of practice, and then have Norv on Sundays instead. One of the things you don't know about Marty (and why AJ felt he was expendable) was because he didn't really do anything on gameday especially during the 14-2 season in 2006.