PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks WR UNC

Thunder&Lightning
10-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Being from Boston I watched him man handle BC Saturday and was extremely impressed. Any thoughts on him? Seemed to be a smaller version of Dwayne Bowe to me. Has really stepped up with having Brandon Tate out for the season due to a knee injury.

Stats: 47 Catches, 782 Yards, 7 Touchdowns

SuperKevin
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
UNC has one of the most underrated WR trios in football with Tate, Brooks Foster, and Hakeem Nicks. If you changed the "N" to an "S" they'd be getting all the media love they deserve.

Solomon
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Nicks ia a very nice prospect. Good size (6-1, 210 lbs) and athleticism. If he come out this year he's definitly in the second round mix and I think he will declare early after seeing the injury to his teammate Tate. Right now here's how I see the underclassmen WR for 2009:

1. Jeremy Maclin
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Darrius Heyward-Bey
4. Percy Harvin
5. Kenny Britt
6. Hakeem Nicks
7. Austin Collie
8. Brandon LaFell
9. Eric Decker
10. Terrell Hudgins

Cigaro
10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't say he stepped up once Tate went down. It was more like Tate finally stepped up to Nicks. Nicks is an extremely talented receiver. He's a very smooth athlete who seems to always be open, and has the hands to make the catch.

juiceman32
10-27-2008, 09:53 PM
As a Tar Heel fan, I love Nicks as he has been productive and our best wide receiver since his freshman year. I think the Dwayne Bowe comparison is spot on as he has great body control and hands, always goes up for the ball at its highest point, and is just a straight-up playmaker. However, I hope that he comes back next year and helps us to an ACC championship.

tjsunstein
10-27-2008, 10:50 PM
1st Rounder, watch. Craig 'Buster' Davis 2.0

renegade
10-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I like and I feel he can carve a niche for himself in a WCO which is suited for players like him, not great size/speed but can run good/decent routes and can get things moving for YAC and can play physical.

ncst8fan83
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Rounder, watch. Craig 'Buster' Davis 2.0

Huh? In what way is he remotely like Buster Davis? Davis was a field stretcher, Nicks is a possession receiver. Their career stats are no where close to each other.

Davis - 38 games = 141 receptions, 2,117 yards, 7 TD
Nicks - 30 games = 160 receptions, 2,400 yards, 16 TD

And I'll believe Nicks is 210 when I see him on a scale. That dude is stout. I'm calling 220 minimum. He's a baller for sure. Much more of an Anquan Boldin clone than Buster Davis, in my opinion.

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 08:02 PM
i only got one of their games. i thought he was better than that guy they had who blew out his knee. nice size, gets open deep, beats guys, catches the ball right. not a burner or freakish athlete though. could be a decent pick up 4th rd maybe?

SuperKevin
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
i only got one of their games. i thought he was better than that guy they had who blew out his knee. nice size, gets open deep, beats guys, catches the ball right. not a burner or freakish athlete though. could be a decent pick up 4th rd maybe?

He's the best WR on the team which says a lot since Brandon Tate and Brooks Foster are talented as well. 4th round could be accurate if he declared as a junior but if he goes back to school he could be a 1st day pick in 2010

Sniper
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Huh? In what way is he remotely like Buster Davis? Davis was a field stretcher, Nicks is a possession receiver.

Yet their career ypc are nearly identical. Just because someone runs fast doesn't mean they're a field stretcher.

Thunder&Lightning
10-29-2008, 08:28 PM
I think he should go higher than 4th round... 2nd/3rd

AkiliSmith
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
I think he should go higher than 4th round... 2nd/3rd
Especially with the extremely weak crop of senior wide outs

Bruce Banner
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Starheather.

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 10:20 PM
i dont think he comes out barring unforseen circumstance. his workouts will hurt him. hell be a lot less physically than most. i thought he was a sr

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
i must admit i dont know what to make of you.

Bruce Banner
10-29-2008, 10:22 PM
i must admit i dont know what to make of you.

Fancy me an admirer of your dizzying intellect.

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
whatever works for you

Solomon
10-30-2008, 12:50 AM
i dont think he comes out barring unforseen circumstance. his workouts will hurt him. hell be a lot less physically than most. i thought he was a sr

Don't you think the injury to Tate might affect his judgement? Not to mention the weak crop of seniors. Also the workouts are done after declaring, there has certainly been many underclassmen who come out early only to have their workouts hurt them (Malcolm Jenkins, Mario Manningham, Darius Reynaud and Mario Urrutia come to mind from last year).

STARHEATHER
10-30-2008, 10:36 PM
unless theres some outside reason i dont see it. there a simple rule every player should follow. if workouts will hurt you, dont come out. they dont like when jrs come out to begin with. guys like this who come out have a tendency to get picked late or not at all. taj smith and urrutiacome to mind from last yr. there werr also some hawaii guys. i like him, i just dont like him to come out. hes going to get blown away physically. hes going to have to go the senior route. just not enough there for him to come out. hes not going to be a first day pick

Sniper
10-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Don't you think the injury to Tate might affect his judgement? Not to mention the weak crop of seniors. Also the workouts are done after declaring, there has certainly been many underclassmen who come out early only to have their workouts hurt them (Malcolm Jenkins, Mario Manningham, Darius Reynaud and Mario Urrutia come to mind from last year).

Malcolm Jenkins?????

Bengals78
10-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Malcolm Jenkins?????

Mike Jenikins maybe?

gator3guy
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Mike Jenikins maybe?

he was a senior and first rounder.

Devone Bess was a big name that declarded as a jr and went undrafted. I think some was legal issues (correct me if I'm wrong). Luckily he found his way on an NFL roster. He's doing more returning than receiving but he's still contributing.

SuperKevin
11-05-2008, 04:24 PM
he was a senior and first rounder.

Devone Bess was a big name that declarded as a jr and went undrafted. I think some was legal issues (correct me if I'm wrong). Luckily he found his way on an NFL roster. He's doing more returning than receiving but he's still contributing.

All his legal issues were before he went to college. He was recruited out of a juvenile prison facility. He got caught helping people move stolen property or something.

He went undrafted for being a slot WR that runs like a 4.75 40 yard dash