PDA

View Full Version : Steinbach and Dockery off the market

jdnoyes
03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
John Clayton reporting Steinbach and Dockery both just signed with Cleveland and Buffalo respectively for about 7yr/49M each. Not good news for us if we're looking to get a decent deal on Davis or Columbo.

bigmac076
03-02-2007, 05:35 PM
John Clayton reporting Steinbach and Dockery both just signed with Cleveland and Buffalo respectively for about 7yr/49M each. Not good news for us if we're looking to get a decent deal on Davis or Columbo.
that would be 2 guards on the first day for the Bills. jeez

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
If that's the market, I'm out.

Draft a G and roll with him.

jdnoyes
03-02-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah, makes me think we shoulda given Columbo what he wanted before free agency began which was a deal in the Gurode range. Now i'm guessing his value has gone way up and we will lose him. Also heard that While Davis wants to sign with Dallas his asking price is steeper than the Cowboys want to pay, so he will probably move on to Washington tonight....which means he'll sign there to replace Dockery on an overpriced contract. We may have to look to the draft and hope that McQuistan and Procter are ready to step in on the right side

TNewFan41
03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Crap. Now we are not going to the SB because Jerry doesn't value O-line even though it is the most important part of football. f we don't sign Dielman and/or Colombo kiss our season good-bye.

Forget Davis.

And Steinbach is playing RT for the Browns. And no BigMac, one signed with the Browns, one with the Bills. The Bills didn't sign both......

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh boo frickin' hoo... There are a ton of other Guards.

I've been talkin' up Montrae Holland and the 2 Colts Guards look attractive too.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Crap. Now we are not going to the SB because Jerry doesn't value O-line even though it is the most important part of football. f we don't sign Dielman and/or Colombo kiss our season good-bye.

Forget Davis.

And Steinbach is playing RT for the Browns. And no BigMac, one signed with the Browns, one with the Bills. The Bills didn't sign both......

Bills also signed Jason Whittle

I dont think we will sign a guard via FA but we will draft a guard early

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
I just want a cheap guard. Last thing I want is to throw a boatload of money to Davis or Deilman and have them underperform. Rather get a cheaper Guard to a shorter contract and have him try to overperform.

Clements just got 80M... How much do you think Newman will cost us? Jerry, WILL spend the money.

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I just want a cheap guard. Last thing I want is to throw a boatload of money to Davis or Deilman and have them underperform. Rather get a cheaper Guard to a shorter contract and have him try to overperform.

I'm with you. You can find guards.

Clements just got 80M... How much do you think Newman will cost us? Jerry, WILL spend the money.

While I like TNew, I don't think he will command that much because he doesn't have the INTs that Clements does.

I don't think Clements is worth that kind of money. He's a good corner, but he's not the best defensive player in the league by any stretch.

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm with you. You can find guards.

While I like TNew, I don't think he will command that much because he doesn't have the INTs that Clements does.

I don't think Clements is worth that kind of money. He's a good corner, but he's not the best defensive player in the league by any stretch.
I won't be surprised if this is TNew's best year by far...

He'll cost a pretty penny cause I can't imagine Jerry letting him go.

jdnoyes
03-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Does anybody know if T-New's contract has a voidable year, bucause I know for a fact he signed a 7 year deal through the 2009 season.

http://nflpa.com/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=34489

I know about the article that said this was a contract year for him, but nowhere have I read that he had a voidable year, if anybody can find one i'd be interested to see the link.

As to the free agent guard search, I really hope we dont pay that much either, I just wish we had locked up Columbo before the madness of today had started. I want to save enough room for that huge contract Romo is sure to demand. I have some faith that between Procter/Mcquistan and the draft/2nd tier free agency we'll put something together on the right side of the line, and hey maybe Rivera can go 1 more year over there, we paid him enough.

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 07:19 PM
the question is do we want Rivera to go one more year? he was awful!

jdnoyes
03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
He was bad last year, but there is something to be said for experience and continuity along a line. If he is healty he may be allowed to compete with Procter and or a rookie for the job.

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 08:11 PM
that's just it; his back is not healthy. he has had two back injuries and i'm not doctor, but i don't think he going to get better.

Ward
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM

Most ridiculous overreaction I've seen in a long time. If we don't sign a guard, or re-sign Colombo, our season is over? Listen to yourself...

KILLERSANTA
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Most ridiculous overreaction I've seen in a long time. If we don't sign a guard, or re-sign Colombo, our season is over? Listen to yourself...

Shhhh...He doesn't know there something called the draft......

Paul
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Hello Blalock or Rameriez.

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 09:40 PM
More like... Hello Cory Proctor... Welcome back Marco Rivera... hahahahah.

Paul
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
More like... Hello Cory Proctor... Welcome back Marco Rivera... hahahahah.

Oh Dear God, don't even joke about that.

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Kyle Kosier's 5 year, 15M dollar contract sounds real good right about now...

For all of Parcells faults, he did find 2 good guys in Kosier and Columbo.

JJJ888
03-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Kyle Kosier's 5 year, 15M dollar contract sounds real good right about now...

For all of Parcells faults, he did find 2 good guys in Kosier and Columbo.

I still find it funny that every OL Parcells drafted or signed was white. I wonder why?

UTPATS
03-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Hello Blalock or Rameriez.

IF we dont get a guard, what are the odds we draft a guy like Blalock in round one, or trade down a few spots to draft one?

Would a guy like Blalock be worth more because we can groom him from the start then spend money on an average G?

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I still find it funny that every OL Parcells drafted or signed was white. I wonder why?
Not Ryan Young.

If I gave you the honest answer it would come across racist.

LSUALUM99
03-03-2007, 08:33 AM
It's because white people are smarter.

Is that any more racisist than saying Black people are faster? They say that on this board all the time.......

Modano
03-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Is that any more racisist than saying Black people are faster? They say that on this board all the time.......

I think black people have an advantage in atleticism.. There's a reason why you don't see many white men competing in the 100 meters or 200 meters in the Olympics.. Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Allen Johnson, Maurice Green, Asafa Powell, Justin Gatlin, Shawn Crawford... All the world's greatest in pure speed are and were black.. Jeremy Wariner is the only white guy who is having success.. But he runs the 400 meters..
In Italy Fiona May (who was a very good long jumper) is black and was on the italian team because she's married with an italian.. Our only athlete who can compete (and he's not on the level of the americans by any mean) is named Andrew Howe. His mother is from NY but she's married with an italian and she's black like his son..
I don't know if this can be considered "racism" but watching track & field often I've always heard that black people are more athletic than white people..

bigmac076
03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I think black people have an advantage in atleticism.. There's a reason why you don't see many white men competing in the 100 meters or 200 meters in the Olympics.. Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Allen Johnson, Maurice Green, Asafa Powell, Justin Gatlin, Shawn Crawford... All the world's greatest in pure speed are and were black.. Jeremy Wariner is the only white guy who is having success.. But he runs the 400 meters..
In Italy Fiona May (who was a very good long jumper) is black and was on the italian team because she's married with an italian.. Our only athlete who can compete (and he's not on the level of the americans by any mean) is named Andrew Howe. His mother is from NY but she's married with an italian and she's black like his son..
I don't know if this can be considered "racism" but watching track & field often I've always heard that black people are more athletic than white people..
your close to negative rep with a post like that. I would leave the subject alone guys. This could get ugly.

D-Unit
03-03-2007, 12:21 PM
It's because white people are smarter.

Well... you said it. I think that Parcells looked for intelligent OL players and they just so happened to be Caucasion. IMO, OL need to be the most intelligent players on the football field after the QB.

Ward
03-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think Parcells is a racist, but you can tell he thinks a certain way when it comes to offensive line.