PDA

View Full Version : It's a Crap Shoot....

sweetness34
10-28-2008, 01:36 PM
....in the NFL this year. I say forget the power rankings and all that BS because there isn't a dominant team in the NFL this year. I'd say that the Titans are the strongest team overall but there is so much parity across the board that there are so many teams in the league right now that have a shot at doing damage in the postseason.

You think you have it all figured out, and then you team you thought was strong falls to a team they should have beaten, or a team like the Giants who get smacked around by a horrid Cleveland Browns team beats a strong Steelers team on the road.

I'm pretty sure I'm not revealing something you all don't already know but I love the NFL this season. Because it's anyone's ball game. The Patriots were the talk of the NFL last year, and without it's anyones ball game. I think that the team who gets hot before the playoffs start has the best chance to win the Super Bowl. The goal for every team in the NFL this year is to just get in, because I don't think home field advantage will matter much, and past history has shown that a team playing on the road in the playoffs (Steelers, Colts, and Giants) have all won the title.

You just don't know what's going to happen on a week to week basis and I find this NFL season one of the most fun to watch that I can remember because of the unpredictability. Anyone can win on any given Sunday and who knows, we could end up with an Arizona/Tennessee Super Bowl this year, who woulda thunk it?

tjsunstein
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Touche, sire. Touche.

BuddyCHRIST
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Even with the dominant teams, I feel its always been like that. There's always teams making the playoffs that no ones expecting and trying to forsee what will happen in the NFL is pointless because it's always crazy.

brat316
10-28-2008, 02:20 PM
You know why the Steelers, Colts and Giants won the road, MOMENTUM. They won in December and kept on rolling.

awfullyquiet
10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
this is the best season i've seen in years.

parity is really cool. bad for betting, good for watching.

ShutDwn
10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
It's a crap shoot when every team at around .500 can believe that they have a shot?

That is good entertainment.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
I like the NFL when parity rules. Generally any team has a shot and you can get worst to first situations each year. I think the salary cap is the major reason for this. If the Owners & NFLPA don't @*#% it up, everyone can be happy

TitleTown088
10-28-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm just glad no Colts/Patriots BS for a change.

Rayray52
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I dont really call it parity its more like mass mediocrity, all the top teams have been ravaged by injuries this year the top teams from last year have all sufferred injuries to their top players and have dropped to the other teams level...

brat316
10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I dont really call it parity its more like mass mediocrity, all the top teams have been ravaged by injuries this year the top teams from last year have all sufferred injuries to their top players and have dropped to the other teams level...

No some teams have stayed the same such as the Lions, 9ers, Raiders, while others have gotten worse Bengals, Chiefs

Rayray52
10-28-2008, 04:42 PM
No some teams have stayed the same such as the Lions, 9ers, Raiders, while others have gotten worse Bengals, Chiefs

Hence my point that the leauge as a whole has just been mediocore this year, with the exception of the titans and possibly the giants although the loss against CLE was brutal.

Addict
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM

hey I'd just like to say the Lions weren't this bad this fast last year!

Good teams specialize in certain areas, and when it comes to sucking, the Lions are THE BEST.

yeah, eat that, Titan fans.

sweetness34
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Well here's the thing though, some good football is being played. So I wouldn't call the league mediocre, I'd just say that the gap has closed between the upper and lower teams.

As of right now, I'd say it's anyones Super Bowl. Yea I know the "any team can win on any given Sunday" quote but never in my memory have the teams been so close. Hell there have been favorites in the past (Patriots, Cowboys, Colts, etc). There are no favorites this year. Tennessee may be the strongest team but there are no favorites, it's anyone's guess who will be in the SB. You are lying if you say you have an idea who will be there in Tampa because right now it could be anyone.

BlindSite
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I'd agree. I think that every year we see it go up and down for whatever reason, its just a cool game to watch because honestly, I don't think even Bears fan's predicted Orton and Forte' playing this well and no one expected Manning to be playing this bad.

giantsfan
10-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Hence my point that the leauge as a whole has just been mediocore this year, with the exception of the titans and possibly the giants although the loss against CLE was brutal.

Meh, It was MNF in their stadium and we came out flat. Our players clearly didn't expect a challenge from them and we often play to what we expect from the opponent. If we expect the opponent to be really good we're focused and play really well, if we expect to win comfortable we come out flat. I love TC because he gets us to play up to the level of better opposition but I hate that we also have a tendency to play down to our opponents level.

brat316
10-28-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah week 2 of the season though was by far the best week. So many OT games, and down to the wire games.

Xonraider
10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
You know why the Steelers, Colts and Giants won the road, MOMENTUM. They won in December and kept on rolling.

Exactly. I've said from some time, whoever wins December has the better shot at the super bowl...

The Unseen
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Crapshoot? Yep. The Jaguars are crap and I want to shoot myself because of it.

TitanHope
10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
It's gonna hit the fan come Playoff time when six or seven teams are 9-7 and all are vying for the Wild Card in the AFC.

A Perfect Score
10-28-2008, 08:58 PM
RAVENS! :D WE CAN COMPETE AGAIN!

well, not really, i dont have any unrealistic hopes...but I do agree that the parity in the league is pimp

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
It's gonna hit the fan come Playoff time when six or seven teams are 9-7 and all are vying for the Wild Card in the AFC.

Same for the NFC. Tons of playoff contenders. Its going to be intense.