PDA

View Full Version : Ron Rivera question

Xenos
10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm asking because Ron just got promoted to DC in SD. How was he as a DC for you guys? Was it all Lovie Smith's handiwork and Rivera was just there for the ride? What are his tendencies? etc...

SFbear
10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm asking because Ron just got promoted to DC in SD. How was he as a DC for you guys? Was it all Lovie Smith's handiwork and Rivera was just there for the ride? What are his tendencies? etc...

I wrote a response in the main thread. I think were all a little ambivalent towards him because its hard to tell how much Lovie is involved with the D.

sweetness34
10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Rivera was a cocky son of a ***** when he was here and wasn't very good as adjustments. Had a good scheme and knew X's and O's but games like the Super Bowl make me think that he couldn't adjust if his defense was getting beat.

Babich isn't any better at it and is a worse DC, but I didn't think Rivera was all he was made out to be either. He'll be a good heach coach some day though.

Smokey Joe
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Rivera could suck a big fatty for all I care. Something about us being in the week of the superbowl and all these rumors swirling about HC jobs for him was a big turn off.