PDA

View Full Version : I Love Sal Paolantonio

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
See what happens when bspn or E!spn(stole that from yfs, i think. i know it was one of the cool jags fans) isn't controlling their guys telling them what to say? it's pure gold. Finally someone with the balls to stand up and be a legit sports guy and not spit out the crap espn feeds them. This video was awesome. Excellent piece of the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2UYSmbU-zo

iowatreat54
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
did you forget the link to the video or do you just fail at internet? ;)

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 05:51 PM
did you forget the link to the video or do you just fail at internet? ;)

i hate myself, I fail at everything, I'm gonna put the link in now haha

**** me, right? haha

Tampa 2 4 life
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Oh my goodness when he said Troy Smith sucked I completely changed my opinion on SalPal.

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh my goodness when he said Troy Smith sucked I completely changed my opinion on SalPal.

I personally loved the part where he says he's got a clause saying he doesn't have to talk about TO or some **** like that. it was awesome

yo123
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
"Favre was never terribly smart"

LOL

iowatreat54
10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I loved him ripping Favre saying "he was never that smart to begin with," saying something like "thank god I don't have to cover the cowboys," making fun of the Miami players, and finally, "Troy Smith is not an upgrade over Flacco...Troy Smith sucks. He reads one receiver then takes off running."

Tampa 2 4 life
10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I personally loved the part where he says he's got a clause saying he doesn't have to talk about TO or some **** like that. it was awesome

"We have Ed Werder in Dallas, I have a clause in my contract that says I don't have to talk about the freaking cowboys."

d34ng3l021
10-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Haha that was hilarious. Falcons finish with a better record than the Cowboys :)

Gotta love honesty from sports analysts. Whether or not they are right, its nice to see what their legitimate opinion is, instead of just sucking up to the usual teams and spewing out the same old bs.

Twiddler
10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Wow, that was awesome. Simply awesome.

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Great link scotty

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Great link scotty

why thank you j-boobie.

at first I just listened to it, then looked back and saw the pictures as the interview went on. Such as Troy Smith with "sucks" blinking over him, TO with "poison" written across him, etc. etc.

BamaFalcon59
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
That is suprising. A bit unprofessional, though. The whole unintelligent comment was uncalled for, along with the 'Troy Smith sucks' comment.

Suprising, I didn't like it though. ESPN is usually very well represented and things like this I don't like.

10-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Hilarious. The only part I disagree with would be on Troy Smith. I'm not saying he's a better option than Joe Flacco by any stretch but it's a little harsh of an opinion.

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
That is suprising. A bit unprofessional, though. The whole unintelligent comment was uncalled for, along with the 'Troy Smith sucks' comment.

Suprising, I didn't like it though. ESPN is usually very well represented and things like this I don't like.

unprofessional? phooey. It's about time a sports analyst spoke his or her freaking mind. uncalled for? eh. he gave his opinion, if you find this offensivem you really are too sensitive(not you specifically, people in general). I think it's a breath of fresh air. **** espn, I hope they hate it and can't do anything about it. Kudos for Sal, way to go bro. speak your mind, and don't just say what espn wants you to say.

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Hilarious. The only part I disagree with would be on Troy Smith. I'm not saying he's a better option than Joe Flacco by any stretch but it's a little harsh of an opinion.

true, i kinda like Troy Smith, but that was HILARIOUS! i think Flacco gives them the best chance, but when he came out and flat out said "Troy Smith sucks" i couldn't stop laughing

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Seriously, if you love what this guy has to say and are looking for some good ESPN stuff (yes, there is some out there), listen to Colin Cowherd M-F after Mike and Mike. He's probably the most straight up guy ESPN has had for a long time, tells it like it is, and doesn't give a crap whether his bosses want him to say the Cowboys are good or USC should be in the title game. Sal Paolantonio has been doing this type of thing since the summer though, it started with the whole T.O thing.

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Seriously, if you love what this guy has to say and are looking for some good ESPN stuff (yes, there is some out there), listen to Colin Cowherd M-F after Mike and Mike. He's probably the most straight up guy ESPN has had for a long time, tells it like it is, and doesn't give a crap whether his bosses want him to say the Cowboys are good or USC should be in the title game. Sal Paolantonio has been doing this type of thing since the summer though, it started with the whole T.O thing.

I love Cowherd, but so many hate him.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-28-2008, 06:35 PM

Don't confuse telling it like it is with being incredibly dumb:

http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/01/12-minutes-of-hell-with-colin-cowherd.html

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 06:35 PM
I really do not know what to say lol.

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I love Cowherd, but so many hate him.

yep, i like Cowherd, dont listen to him much because of school and such. BUT, his jokes and such get old and he can come off annoying. But it's a nice breath of air where he doesn't just feed you the ZOMGZ!!! Brett Favre! Patriots! Brady! USC! Cowboys! TO! Tiger! GO GO GO!!!! that espn makes us go through constantly

but he's often wrong and not the brightest. Sal Pal on the other hand knows his ****, which rules.

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I just go on and listen at night to the days Herd.

scottyboy
10-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I just go on and listen at night to the days Herd.

i don't like him THAT much bond haha

if I really need that break from espn, I just gotta come here. so much better! :D

Brent
10-28-2008, 06:39 PM
E-high five for Sal

by the way, Randy Galloway is the best ESPN radio guy.

TitleTown088
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
"Favre was never terribly smart"

LOL
Who needs smarts when you have a laser-rocket arm?
He was smart enough to throw 450+ TDs. ;)

Babylon
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Sal's the best, also love Gary Danielson, Bob Davies....

D-Rod
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
That's great.

The best part is the amateur video to go with it...

BamaFalcon59
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
unprofessional? phooey. It's about time a sports analyst spoke his or her freaking mind. uncalled for? eh. he gave his opinion, if you find this offensivem you really are too sensitive(not you specifically, people in general). I think it's a breath of fresh air. **** espn, I hope they hate it and can't do anything about it. Kudos for Sal, way to go bro. speak your mind, and don't just say what espn wants you to say.

I think opinions are for talk shows like Rome is Burning or PTI. Reporters, IMO, should stick to the facts.

LonghornsLegend
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM

I bet you did love him when he talked down on the Cowboys, but he's a Philly guy what do you expect.

Sal was pretty outspoken so it was nice to hear.

I think opinions are for talk shows like Rome is Burning or PTI. Reporters, IMO, should stick to the facts.

QFT...I wish more writers understood this man.

brat316
10-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Who needs smarts when you have a laser-rocket arm?

and 469 Ints ahhaha

the best line I liked was playing dominos, smokin, joken, and token.

Coach that can't coach, Romo is overrated and Falcons finish better than Cowboys. hahaha.

P-L
10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't like Cowherd because he's admitted more than once that he has anti-Michigan (Wolverines) bias.

This Paolantonio thing was hilarious though, good find scotty.

bored of education
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Sal is awesome for everything except for his gayness for the eagles (he sucks the eagles talon more than jaws)

tjsunstein
10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Finally, an honest opinion from a national voice. I hear alot of Sal because I live in the Philly area but I phase him out alot because of his Eagles rants.

TitanHope
10-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Loved the bit about Ed Werder.

ESPN must really have that guy skulking around Valley Ranch 24/7. Honestly, I don't think Werder knows that there are other teams in the NFL besides the Cowboys. Someone needs to help that man...

TheBuffaloBills
10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
"Troy Smith sucks"- Sal Paolantonio.

Brodeur
10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Don't confuse telling it like it is with being incredibly dumb:

http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/01/12-minutes-of-hell-with-colin-cowherd.html

I would have brought that up too so bonus points for that. Herd sucks, but this video was hilarious.

Borat
10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't like Herd much. Worst was during his NFL preview he basically said all but 2 playoff spots were locked in stone. All but 2? Really. That is so lame. There is always turnover of the playoff teams. How's that Chargers/Patriots/Colts/Jags lock doing? I mean, those teams are definitely in it, but they're by no means a lock.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 09:09 PM
You gotta be turned off at times with his condescending attitude, and of course he's not gonna please everyone or be correct all the time, but to me he's the only guy worth listening to on ESPN. Big props to Doug Gottlieb as well though, he's got a good too.

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
You gotta be turned off at times with his condescending attitude, and of course he's not gonna please everyone or be correct all the time, but to me he's the only guy worth listening to on ESPN. Big props to Doug Gottlieb as well though, he's got a good too.

Yeah, Gottlieb is sweet.

I love Cowherd being snide and bigoted at times. It is entertainment.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-28-2008, 09:25 PM

This is where I disagree. The moment a writer picks something to write about, it's become about opinion (even if the opinion is that of the person who gave the assignment). Regurgitating names and dates isn't journalism. It's a blurb. If the person who I'm reading doesn't have an opinion on what they're writing about, then why should I care?

Now, if there's a highlight sports show, it should be filled more with highlights and less with opinions. But a writers opinion informs everything he writes, and so to pretend that it doesn't factor or to say it shouldn't factor is just silly.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah, Gottlieb is sweet.

I love Cowherd being snide and bigoted at times. It is entertainment.

Yeah, i guess his show isn't for everyone, but it is for me. I like him a ton.

Sportsfan486
10-28-2008, 09:42 PM

And soon 300+ INTs.

the_legend_killer
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
That was epic.

ShutDwn
10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Don't let John Madden hear that Brett Favre isn't smart.

Did anyone really think he was that intelligent? I mean I know that just about every commentator sucks his, but really?

yo123
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Cowherd is a moron, but I do listen to him sometimes, just because he feels so strongly about his opinions, and he has the Skip Bayless Factor, where it's funny to listen to the ******** things he says.

diabsoule
10-29-2008, 12:04 AM
This was awesome.

Go_Eagles77
10-29-2008, 05:57 AM
I hate him. He always basically takes 1 little subtle thing someone says and tries to blow it up and turn it into a team controversy.

giantsfan
10-29-2008, 06:11 AM
Cowherd is a moron, but I do listen to him sometimes, just because he feels so strongly about his opinions, and he has the Skip Bayless Factor, where it's funny to listen to the ******** things he says.

I look Woody more than skip, he's just ******** but more out going and vehement in the defense of his stupidity.

UK_Cheesehead
10-29-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't get to hear any of the ESPN stuff on radio over here, but still, the majority of analysits etc. over here are probably very similar, all suck up to the big boys and rarely give their own opinion. So personally I thought it was great that someone can just say what they feel without anything happening to them after.

eaglesalltheway
10-29-2008, 07:03 AM
I <3 Sal Pal. Its good to hear him speak like this.

iloxygenil
10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Glad I'm not the only 'crazy' one out there that sees the truth about the Falcons. Bring on some more haters.

MetSox17
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM

I think that's what draws me as one of his listeners. The fact that he can feel as strongly as he does, and have the balls to go on radio and tell the world about it, regardless of him being "right" or "wrong". Some of his opinions aren't as ridiculous as Skip Bayless' though, which is always good. You never wanna look like Skip.

Hawk
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
"Troy Smith will never be a professional quarterback"

well said Sal