PDA

View Full Version : Captain Munnerlyn

Grig
10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
I tried searching the forums for some info on him, but I came up short. Can anybody provide me with a quick scouting report on him? I'm nowhere near a draft expert, so to be honest I hadn't heard about him. I saw that thebow had picked him for the Dolphins in a forum mock and it got me curious. The Dolphins definitely need a CB in the draft and I'm trying to brush up on potential picks.

Ozzy
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Munnerlyn is a potential star corner prospect. He sound return man, but his best ability is being a lock down cover corner. Because he is slightly small, he might have issues against bigger receivers. However he has seen a lot of action on South Carolina and has started their for awhile. He moves really well, rarely gets out of position and has a nice little toughness about him which is really needed for such a small corner. Athletically he can run with any receiver it seems and he makes plays on the football and breaks on the football quickly.

Sure he will probably be a nickle guy to start, but with his athletic ability and maneuverability on the field, he should be a fine corner and is one of the best in the JR class. Can change direction as good as any corner back. Rock solid 2nd round pick most likely but could climb into the 1st round easily.

SuperKevin
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Munnerlyn is a potential star corner prospect. He sound return man, but his best ability is being a lock down cover corner. Because he is slightly small, he might have issues against bigger receivers. However he has seen a lot of action on South Carolina and has started their for awhile. He moves really well, rarely gets out of position and has a nice little toughness about him which is really needed for such a small corner. Athletically he can run with any receiver it seems and he makes plays on the football and breaks on the football quickly.

Sure he will probably be a nickle guy to start, but with his athletic ability and maneuverability on the field, he should be a fine corner and is one of the best in the JR class. Can change direction as good as any corner back. Rock solid 2nd round pick most likely but could climb into the 1st round easily.

I'd agree. The SEC is full of stud junior CBs in Munnerlyn, DJ Moore, Trevard Lindley, and Asher Allen

Cigaro
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Had a superb sophomore campaign, but has had a few setbacks this season, a factor that I think will eventually lead to him returning for his senior year.

When he's on though, he's done well against every receiver he's faced. Very athletic and equally tough, perfect for a man-to-man scheme, and while he's 5'9, small corners have been proven to still be effective.

Bob Sacamano
11-10-2008, 09:50 PM
you have to love that 1st name

he's gonna continue a strong tradition of South Carolina sending quality corners to the pros

Jimmy
11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Captain Munnerlyn.. the man people only know because of his speed rating on NCAA 09...

Aftermath
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
you have to love that 1st name

he's gonna continue a strong tradition of South Carolina sending quality corners to the pros

Not as good as Johnathan Joseph!

VandyTitans
11-11-2008, 02:40 AM
2nd best player in USC's secondary behind E Cook. Has demonstrated that he has trouble keeping his composure but he has also demonstrated that he possesses a set of skills that most CBs in the nation are not blessed with.

He really lost it against Vandy...not saying he lost that game for them but he was hurting his team that night.

bored of education
11-11-2008, 06:36 AM
he should stay another year and really refine his skillset which will allow him become a Revisesque stud.