23. Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
24. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest
25. Ray Maualuga MLB USC
26. Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss
27. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
28. Duke Robinson OL Oklahoma
29. Percy Harvin WR Florida
30. George Selvie DE South Florida

I honestly did this off the top of my head. Feel free to comment, if you think I'm missing an underclassmen let me know.

Trojanback02
10-30-2008, 03:06 PM
All in all a good board, nice work.

thule
10-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd probably have Maclin a bit higher...he is a top 15 prospect for me...just for the simple fact that he can cut at full speed...which is something that will directly translate at the NFL level right away. Obviously this is a pretty mainstream generic list as most players are in their projected positions right now...but good job. No huge complaints...just some shuffling on my part.

djp
10-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I'd probably have Maclin a bit higher...he is a top 15 prospect for me...just for the simple fact that he can cut at full speed...which is something that will directly translate at the NFL level right away. Obviously this is a pretty mainstream generic list as most players are in their projected positions right now...but good job. No huge complaints...just some shuffling on my part.

Yeah, we will have to see how everything unfolds as far as the rest of the season, workouts, blah blah blah.

I think Maclin is a better prospect than Harvin, but I'm still not quite sure if he'll be able to be a true impact player in the NFL because of his thin frame.

I think the success of DeSean Jackson is going to help both Harvin and Maclin's draft stock.

princefielder28
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I think Aaron Curry is a bit low and Mark Sanchez is too high but nice list

iloxygenil
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow you have Spikes pretty high up there don't ya? I mean I like the kid, but jeez.

djp
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
I think Aaron Curry is a bit low and Mark Sanchez is too high but nice list

I like Sanchez, has all the tools.. just needs some more playing time at USC. He should stay.

Wow you have Spikes pretty high up there don't ya? I mean I like the kid, but jeez.

Brandon Spikes is a horse. He hits like a truck and runs very well for his speed. His combine numbers should tell the story. Has some mental lapses at times, but I think he will be a great player in the NFL.

iloxygenil
10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I like Sanchez, has all the tools.. just needs some more playing time at USC. He should stay.

Brandon Spikes is a horse. He hits like a truck and runs very well for his speed. His combine numbers should tell the story. Has some mental lapses at times, but I think he will be a great player in the NFL.

I like him, but top 15?

I love that you have my boy Everette Brown up there though, he's very high on my list, pass rusher and DE extraordinaire. I'm really high on him, but if he doesn't get a high grade he'll end up back at FSU.

eaglesalltheway
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Very Solid, but IMO, Alex Mack shoudl be up there, somewhere, I think Center may get overlooked a bit.

djp
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I like him, but top 15?

I love that you have my boy Everette Brown up there though, he's very high on my list, pass rusher and DE extraordinaire. I'm really high on him, but if he doesn't get a high grade he'll end up back at FSU.

Brown reminds me a lot of Wimbley. Has shown flashes of brilliance this year.

foozball
10-30-2008, 07:22 PM
kindle is wayyy too high. he's way too inexperienced. this is the first year he's really getting any consistent playing time. aaron curry is way too low as well

Matthew Jones
10-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Pettigrew in the first even though he's charged with a crime that could get him in jail for five years? Damn.

What made you rank Curry/Maualuga so low?

Brent
10-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I am not as high on Crabtree as you are but overall not bad.

STARHEATHER
10-30-2008, 10:24 PM
im not as sold on andre smith as the world seems to be. i dont see many sub 6 4 tackles out there. its just one of those things that the position is going taller and bigger and hes going in the opposite direction. is this guy really so great that hes going to break the mold? their offense has been somewhat sporaadic and bogs down.i like him as a guard. im not sure whats up with oher he seems to be fdalling eveywhere i see and he wasnt great in the one game i have vs bama. there are a lot of good players on your board. then youre going to back that up by picking crabtree 3rd overall when he hasnt been the best wr by any means this yr, and hes going to be physically ineferior come workouts. then youre going to pick malcolm jenkins with the 5th pick like hes the greatest db prospect ever. then youre going to follow that up with 3 yds and a cloud of dust wells in the top ten. hes a bust. stafford is the only one id consider in your top 10 really maybe monroe but that dog has some fleas too. i like the bottom with the exception of moreno and maaluga. even withmoreno,sanchez and maaluga i see the bottom 16 being better than the top 16

keylime_5
10-30-2008, 10:28 PM
i think aaron curry is way too low and laurinaitis should be ahead of maualuga. jason smith imo is definitely a top 20 guy.

jnew76
10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
im not as sold on andre smith as the world seems to be. i dont see many sub 6 4 tackles out there. its just one of those things that the position is going taller and bigger and hes going in the opposite direction. is this guy really so great that hes going to break the mold? their offense has been somewhat sporaadic and bogs down.i like him as a guard. im not sure whats up with oher he seems to be fdalling eveywhere i see and he wasnt great in the one game i have vs bama. there are a lot of good players on your board. then youre going to back that up by picking crabtree 3rd overall when he hasnt been the best wr by any means this yr, and hes going to be physically ineferior come workouts. then youre going to pick malcolm jenkins with the 5th pick like hes the greatest db prospect ever. then youre going to follow that up with 3 yds and a cloud of dust wells in the top ten. hes a bust. stafford is the only one id consider in your top 10 really maybe monroe but that dog has some fleas too. i like the bottom with the exception of moreno and maaluga. even withmoreno,sanchez and maaluga i see the bottom 16 being better than the top 16

I love agreeing with STARHEATHER twice in one day, but I agree that Andre Smith has no chance to be the number one pick if he measures at his listed height or lower.

I love him at guard, or even RT. As a LT, he just will not be given a fair shake in the NFL.

Geo
10-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Is 1.5" in height really going to mean anything, if he has the feet, the agility, the long arms, and the strength to play the position?

jnew76
10-31-2008, 01:18 AM
Is 1.5" in height really going to mean anything, if he has the feet, the agility, the long arms, and the strength to play the position?

I think it depends on how long his arm are. They look long, but not "freakishly" long.

Unfortunately, I think the answer is he has no shot to be a top 5 pick at his height. I would like to be wrong, because he is a stud, but I don't think the scouts/teams will see it that way.

eaglesalltheway
10-31-2008, 06:28 AM

No, not to mention he isn't going up agianst other OTs. He is going against DEs, and his style of play, combined with his footwork and technique, and his mentality are what will make him a successful OT. I think he can play as a LT. Really he could play anywhere on the O-line except Center, but he has the tools to be a LT. I kinda feel like I was quoting Scott there, but that is how I have felt for the past few months.

eaglesalltheway
10-31-2008, 06:38 AM
According to Scott, Smith is supposed to show up right around 6'3 3/4". Most people think an OT should be 6'5-6'7. I want people to look at your fingers right now. 1 1/4" is apporixmately (depending on the size of your hands) going from the tip of your thumb to the knuckle closest to your hand. (less than half the length of your thumb) Just look at that for a second, soak that in...

That is such a miniscule thing that it almost doesn't matter now does it? I do not take height or weight with too much consideration for football players, because when it comes down to it, there are soo many other factors that make up a good football player that height and weight really are only good for filling space next to the picture of the player when they are on TV. There have been players with ideal size who turn out as horrible pro players. And there have been guys seen as too short or too small who have put in terrific careers. Measurables are sometimes overrated, and you need to look at a players' body of work, not just their height, weight and 40 time.

jnew76
10-31-2008, 09:05 AM
According to Scott, Smith is supposed to show up right around 6'3 3/4". Most people think an OT should be 6'5-6'7. I want people to look at your fingers right now. 1 1/4" is apporixmately (depending on the size of your hands) going from the tip of your thumb to the knuckle closest to your hand. (less than half the length of your thumb) Just look at that for a second, soak that in...

That is such a miniscule thing that it almost doesn't matter now does it? I do not take height or weight with too much consideration for football players, because when it comes down to it, there are soo many other factors that make up a good football player that height and weight really are only good for filling space next to the picture of the player when they are on TV. There have been players with ideal size who turn out as horrible pro players. And there have been guys seen as too short or too small who have put in terrific careers. Measurables are sometimes overrated, and you need to look at a players' body of work, not just their height, weight and 40 time.

Okay -

1. Now name the starting LT's in the NFL listed under 6'5"

5 Players - Duane Brown - Houston - 6'4" / Jason Peters - Buffalo - 6'4" / Todd Light - New England - 6'4" / Jordan Gross - Carolina - 6'4" / Mike Gandy - Arizona - 6'4"

2. Now name the ones drafted in the first round?

Duane Brown (#26) and Jordan Gross (#8)

3. Now name the ones who were top 5 picks?

ZERO

eaglesalltheway
10-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Okay -

1. Now name the starting LT's in the NFL listed under 6'5"

5 Players - Duane Brown - Houston - 6'4" / Jason Peters - Buffalo - 6'4" / Todd Light - New England - 6'4" / Jordan Gross - Carolina - 6'4" / Mike Gandy - Arizona - 6'4"

2. Now name the ones drafted in the first round?

Duane Brown (#26) and Jordan Gross (#8)

3. Now name the ones who were top 5 picks?

ZERO

Both Jason Peters and Jordan Gross are very proven high quality players. That is 5 out of 32 teams, or approximately one-sixth. Sure the numbers aren't that great in temrs of quantity. But it doesn't mean that he can't. Andre Smith is that good of a player. I don't know if what I just said offended anyone, but I was just trying to prove how inconsequential the 1 1/4" short he is, and looking at it the way I explained may help put it into perspective. I could understand the worries if he was 6'1 or 6'1 1/2, but even then, like I said before, height, weight, and 40 time do not decide the fate of a player.

The true question isn't is he a top 5 pick, it is can he play LT in the NFL, and the answer is, yes he can. And if that is the case, with the type of player he is, he may have a shot at it. I understand a lot of people are worried about his height and weight, but it comes down to the style of play, and he will flat out maul you in the running game and does a great job of protecting in the passing game. Here is a reasonable question. Where would Alabama be right now if Andre were injured? Personally, I doubt they would be undefeated, because John Parker Wilson simply isn't that good of a QB, and Smith gives him extra security and give JPW confidence that he won't get killed from the blindside every play. Just specualation of course, but I would bet JPW would have more INTs, a lower completion %, and as a result Alabama would not be undefeated. Smith goes agianst some of the fastest DEs in college football on a week to week basis, and though it isn't quite the consistent calibur of DE in the NFL, he is used to speedy, quick defenders, and his transistion won't be too bad.

bored of education
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Sniper is gona get you for calling him Todd Light and not Matt Light

jnew76
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Both Jason Peters and Jordan Gross are very proven high quality players. That is 5 out of 32 teams, or approximately one-sixth. Sure the numbers aren't that great in temrs of quantity. But it doesn't mean that he can't. Andre Smith is that good of a player. I don't know if what I just said offended anyone, but I was just trying to prove how inconsequential the 1 1/4" short he is, and looking at it the way I explained may help put it into perspective. I could understand the worries if he was 6'1 or 6'1 1/2, but even then, like I said before, height, weight, and 40 time do not decide the fate of a player.

The true question isn't is he a top 5 pick, it is can he play LT in the NFL, and the answer is, yes he can. And if that is the case, with the type of player he is, he may have a shot at it. I understand a lot of people are worried about his height and weight, but it comes down to the style of play, and he will flat out maul you in the running game and does a great job of protecting in the passing game. Here is a reasonable question. Where would Alabama be right now if Andre were injured? Personally, I doubt they would be undefeated, because John Parker Wilson simply isn't that good of a QB, and Smith gives him extra security and give JPW confidence that he won't get killed from the blindside every play. Just specualation of course, but I would bet JPW would have more INTs, a lower completion %, and as a result Alabama would not be undefeated. Smith goes agianst some of the fastest DEs in college football on a week to week basis, and though it isn't quite the consistent calibur of DE in the NFL, he is used to speedy, quick defenders, and his transistion won't be too bad.

I never said, nor would I say, that he cannot play LT... I just doubt he is a top 5 pick. I think he may very well deserve to be a top 5 pick, but where he deserves to be drafted and where he realistically will be are two different things.

jnew76
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Sniper is gona get you for calling him Todd Light and not Matt Light

I do that stupid crap all the time. I am first name stupid. Lucky to remember my own.

eaglesalltheway
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I never said, nor would I say, that he cannot play LT... I just doubt he is a top 5 pick. I think he may very well deserve to be a top 5 pick, but where he deserves to be drafted and where he realistically will be are two different things.

Alright then we agree...

Why'd I type so much then, haha:)?

DoWnThEfiElD
11-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Right on with the Crabtree ranking. Guy is ready for the NFL now, and he plays like it.