PDA

View Full Version : tony pike

STARHEATHER
10-30-2008, 11:36 PM
i think i may be seeing the future tonight. tony pike qb from cincy. soph 6 6 and he has a laser rocket accurate throwing arm. hes shredding s fla. hes mobile and good aqt throwing on the run. every bi the thrower matt stafford is. probably better. tony pike is a soph. but wow wow wow wow wow. tony pike is the real deal. its like his third game ever and he has a cast on his his non throwing hand. and hes playing like this. every so often you see one of those dudes that you dont expect that just do that stuff you see that they do on sundays. you see one of those guys who looks like and does the stuff guys on sunday do. im placing him at the top #1 of my 2010 board right at this moment. everything. deep balls, corner routes. with touch on a line every throw right on the money. he threw a 50 yd rope while getting hit perfect trajectory right on the spot perfect. i have no idea why this guy is playing for cincy. i tape to watch selvie get hurt again and make me look foolish. i find the best player ive seen maybe the entire year. remember tony pike.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/64127_02_lg.jpg

jnew76
10-31-2008, 12:34 AM
i think i may be seeing the future tonight. tony pike qb from cincy. soph 6 6 and he has a laser rocket accurate throwing arm. hes shredding s fla. hes mobile and good aqt throwing on the run. every bi the thrower matt stafford is. probably better. tony pike is a soph. but wow wow wow wow wow. tony pike is the real deal. its like his third game ever and he has a cast on his his non throwing hand. and hes playing like this. every so often you see one of those dudes that you dont expect that just do that stuff you see that they do on sundays. you see one of those guys who looks like and does the stuff guys on sunday do. im placing him at the top #1 of my 2010 board right at this moment. everything. deep balls, corner routes. with touch on a line every throw right on the money. he threw a 50 yd rope while getting hit perfect trajectory right on the spot perfect. i have no idea why this guy is playing for cincy. i tape to watch selvie get hurt again and make me look foolish. i find the best player ive seen maybe the entire year. remember tony pike.

I too, really liked what I saw from Pike. But to say he my #1 prospect in my 2010 rankings (which I don't have) after 1 game film seems to be a little rash. He is definitely on the radar though.

giantsfan
10-31-2008, 01:51 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

Heather for the Prez!

Menardo75
10-31-2008, 02:03 AM
He was impressive tonight. That impressive though.....

eaglesalltheway
10-31-2008, 06:21 AM
Uck, not another one of these... I like the kid and he played well last night in the 20 minutes I saw of the game (saw the pass you are referring to heather, and it was B-E-A-utiful) But once again you seem to overreact off of your first impression. You cannot fully guage a player, especially a QB, off of one game...

CroomDawgs
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh dear god...

ITS ONE GAME. yes he was very impressive but its one game. Jesus Christ you cannot call him the future based off one freakin game.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't agree with the one game evaluation process, but I like any player who Brian Kelly coaches. Everything Brian Kelly puts his hands on turns to football greatness, so I wouldn't be suprised to see Mr. Pike turn into a very good pro prospect in a few years.

ElectricEye
10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't agree with the one game evaluation process, but I like any player who Brian Kelly coaches. Everything Brian Kelly puts his hands on turns to football greatness, so I wouldn't be suprised to see Mr. Pike turn into a very good pro prospect in a few years.

He has another year. He's a redshirt junior.

asmitty45
10-31-2008, 04:05 PM
He looked pretty good, he has one of the biggest arms i've seen in a very long time as well. But you have to wait and see until you crown him #1 in 2010.

sweetd20
10-31-2008, 04:26 PM
He looked okay and definately showed a good arm but it was one game. His receivers also bailed him out on a handful of throws with some amazing catches on poorly thrown passes.

Mr. Stiller
10-31-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm still thinking that Kid from FAU is the best or 2nd best prospect for next year. If Stafford and Bradford come out.

I like him better than A lot of higher rated QB's.

CashmoneyDrew
10-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm still thinking that Kid from FAU is the best or 2nd best prospect for next year. If Stafford and Bradford come out.

Rusty Smith? I've only seen him once this year when he was playing MTSU and he didn't look very good. Maybe it was just that game though.
BTW, is anyone actually surprised that Starheather is overreacting on a player after one game?

STARHEATHER
10-31-2008, 07:04 PM
hes the best thrower of the football this year bar none not even close for second. you got freeman, stafford and pike. theres no one else really close. and he has all the traits. makes all the throws. has great touch. quick release. good release point. good arm length and hand size.long loose live arm. quick release. high release angle. goes through his progressions and doesnt tuck and run first sign of pressure. above average athlete as he was able to outrun george selvie and still make the completions multiple times.performs well under duress be it standing in or outside the pocket. high nfl level throwing arm. the stats and the wins and losses and conference championships and bcs bowl bids for the team and sporscnetr highlights or prime time saturday time slots do not an nfl qb make. its all about the the traits. tony pike has the best traits of anyone out there. he looks, throws and plays like an nfl qb, moreso than anyone else. he has the best traits. hes the only playerunless freeman or stafford return at qb that exhibits even close to the traits. youre going to disparage a great thrower like tony pikebut christen lolipops bradford? no way. i see bradford #1 everywhere etc even though his measurables and arm and athleticism are obviously way hyped out of proportion to reality then theres tony pike out there firing lasers looking like ben roethlisbeger out there not some hideous reincarnation of david carr with a weak throwing arm because he has 3 first rd picks on his ol and they play no defense trash everyweek and when they dont they lose, ususally because of bradford. its just not even close. if you didnt know who they played for and just lined them up and let them throw side by side not one person would pick bradford. you have an ouststanding athlete with a top end nfl caliber throwing arm with prototype size against a substandard athlete whos 6 3 with a below average nfl throwing arm and youre going to tell me thats going to be the better qb. #1 tony pike 2010. just watching him throw assures me hes the best qb of next yrs class. maybe even this yrs class although i dont see him coming out.

CashmoneyDrew
10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Sam Bradford is not 6'3, first of all. Secondly, I fail to see how being a 6'3 QB even matters. That's actually about prototypical height for a QB.

STARHEATHER
10-31-2008, 07:18 PM
hes 6 5 like brady quinn was 6 5. tomorrow theyre on. watch in the huddle him standing next to duke robinson and tell me hes anywhere remotely close to being 6 5. 6 3 area. hes not any taller than stafford. maybe not even as tall. tony pike is legit 6 5 area. he looks like ben roethlisberger out there. running around, making big plays, throwing lasers

CashmoneyDrew
10-31-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm willing to bet Bradford is 6'4. He's not very thick so that probably makes him look smaller than he is.

STARHEATHER
10-31-2008, 07:29 PM
if you says. but you should watch him standing next to robinson. whos listed 6 5, probably a bit shorter. they are generally shorter than listed.

CashmoneyDrew
10-31-2008, 07:41 PM
if you says. but you should watch him standing next to robinson. whos listed 6 5, probably a bit shorter. they are generally shorter than listed.

Yea, we'll have to wait till he declares and has an official measurement to find out. Usually guys are listed one inch taller than they are normally more than 2 to 3 inches though.

CLong4Heisman
10-31-2008, 09:04 PM
hes 6 5 like brady quinn was 6 5. tomorrow theyre on. watch in the huddle him standing next to duke robinson and tell me hes anywhere remotely close to being 6 5. 6 3 area. hes not any taller than stafford. maybe not even as tall. tony pike is legit 6 5 area. he looks like ben roethlisberger out there. running around, making big plays, throwing lasers

If he's so good, why didnt he become the guy when the original starter got hurt at the beginning of the year?

ElectricEye
10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
If he's so good, why didnt he become the guy when the original starter got hurt at the beginning of the year?

Because he isn't that good. He isn't even the best quarterback on his team. If Grutza hadn't broken his leg in the second game of the season, Pike wouldn't be seeing much playing time at all.

jj45
11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I saw that game and pike looked great but u can't say he gonna be a beast after one performance. Plus I can't wait till my cuzin learns the offense u can say jones is the future

Mr. Stiller
11-01-2008, 04:03 AM
Rusty Smith? I've only seen him once this year when he was playing MTSU and he didn't look very good. Maybe it was just that game though.
BTW, is anyone actually surprised that Starheather is overreacting on a player after one game?

Yeah I knew it was Rusty Something.

Did you see him at all last year? He lost a ton of talent on that FAU team..

but the guy has all the tools to be an excellent QB I caught a few games last year... He might have regressed, but with a mediocre OL...

He looks to be struggling a bit..

I know you can't assess by numbers but how does this sound?

281/479 58.6% 3688 Yards, 32:9 TD:INT ratio...

7.70 YPA... And in the ONLY Bowl game (Biggest Stage) FAU has ever been on...

25/32 78.1% 336yards 5:1 TD:INT Ratio 10.5 YPA

211.64 NCAA QB Rating (136.98 NFL QB Rating in formula...)

BTW if anyone needs QB Rating Formulas for a spread sheet let me know.

Menardo75
11-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Is this guy serious.

CLong4Heisman
11-01-2008, 08:55 AM
I saw that game and pike looked great but u can't say he gonna be a beast after one performance. Plus I can't wait till my cuzin learns the offense u can say jones is the future

DD is your cousin? Thats sick.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Rusty Smith definitely looked like he had the physical tools, he was just forcing a lot of throws in that game and throwing off of his back foot a lot. Definitely things he can get past.

Mr. Stiller
11-02-2008, 03:09 AM
Rusty Smith definitely looked like he had the physical tools, he was just forcing a lot of throws in that game and throwing off of his back foot a lot. Definitely things he can get past.

Yeah, he does have a weird delivery and some funky mechanics and I know they're restricting his accuracy and velocity just watching him do it.. And he's got a pretty strong arm even with the goofy Mechanics.

If he gets drafted and sits for about 1-2 years (Like Phillip Rivers) and developed I think he could be phenomenal.

Bengalsrocket
11-02-2008, 05:47 AM
I like Tony Pike a lot, but agree with the 1 game bandwagon that's rolling around in this thread. But I will say he did look good in that game.

Ozzy
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Tony Pike, who would not have been impressed with what he did against South Florida. However I must say I am quite disappointed in South Florida's lack of defensive talent. All they got is Selvie, Murphy is really disappointing at CB, and Allen at safety should be a lot better than he is, as well as a few other defensive players. Never thought Moffett was so important to the identity of this defense but I guess he is, oh and no Jenkins hurts a lot.

Pike was impressive, made some great throws and cannot forget the great catches that some of the receivers made. He is totally on the radar now though, not some great player yet but is one to watch develop.

Could be great next year for Cincinnati though, they have not had a quarterback that talented for a very long time.

SuperKevin
11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hasn't started off well today. 1-6 for 2 yards against a weak West Virginia defense

STARHEATHER
11-09-2008, 02:15 AM
finished off strong and with the w. on the road. against a top 25. no picks. with the w. theyre going to win the big east. hes the reason. they were an average team in that league. now theyre the best team. theres only been one real change

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 02:19 AM
finished off strong and with the w. on the road. against a top 25. no picks. with the w. theyre going to win the big east. hes the reason. they were an average team in that league. now theyre the best team. theres only been one real change

No the reason they'll win the Big East is the defense

STARHEATHER
11-09-2008, 02:22 AM
its the same defense they had last year and at the beginning of the year. he looks a lot like flacco out there. i didnt have the pleasure of todays game but i looked up his stats. considering he started 1-6. he complted 16 of the next 20 or so. no mistakes. they won.

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 02:24 AM
its the same defense they had last year and at the beginning of the year. he looks a lot like flacco out there. i didnt have the pleasure of todays game but i looked up his stats. considering he started 1-6. he complted 16 of the next 20 or so. no mistakes. they won.

The defense is a lot better this year with the extra year under their belt.

STARHEATHER
11-09-2008, 02:26 AM
maybe. or maybe theyre getting top qb play. maybe both.

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 02:30 AM
maybe. or maybe theyre getting top qb play. maybe both.

Seeing how pike didn't play every game I don't see that as really being a factor. They still played strong under Grutza and the freshman QB

STARHEATHER
11-09-2008, 02:56 AM
anyway hes 6 5 230 laser rocket arm with some mobility and he could be the starting qb for cincys first bcs bid. for me thats good. i dont see the negative. and hes only started 5 games or so. and hes played well. i dont see any negatives. i see a flaccoesque rise probably next year. but if they run the table and he plays well, and they could, hes going to work out as well as freeman or stafford. staffords short and inaccurate and freeman hasnt been winning. i don t see any reason hes not potentially the best qb taken. if he goes bcs with a mediocre team like cincy and plays well hes outdoing stafford and freeman on the field. hes going to be the top thrower with them in workouts. he has he best body with freeman. i dont see any reason hes not the #1 qb right now. hes better than or equal to the competition in every way

CLong4Heisman
11-09-2008, 07:50 AM
anyway hes 6 5 230 laser rocket arm with some mobility and he could be the starting qb for cincys first bcs bid. for me thats good. i dont see the negative. and hes only started 5 games or so. and hes played well. i dont see any negatives. i see a flaccoesque rise probably next year. but if they run the table and he plays well, and they could, hes going to work out as well as freeman or stafford. staffords short and inaccurate and freeman hasnt been winning. i don t see any reason hes not potentially the best qb taken. if he goes bcs with a mediocre team like cincy and plays well hes outdoing stafford and freeman on the field. hes going to be the top thrower with them in workouts. he has he best body with freeman. i dont see any reason hes not the #1 qb right now. hes better than or equal to the competition in every way

He was the 3rd string QB at the start of the year. All those guys were good enough to be starting.

eaglesalltheway
11-09-2008, 08:44 AM

First you go of of a single start, and now you are commenting on a game you didn't even watch... Where is it going to stop heather? Honestly, you are making yourself seem more and more rediculous with every post...

ElectricEye
11-09-2008, 10:01 AM
West Virginia was held to 2.3 yards a carry and Pat White threw the ball 38 times. Pike completed a shade over 50% of his passes. Yup. Totally the reason they won the game. Elite QB play. Totally.

Romo2TOXLI
11-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I have seen Pike play for a long time, and he definately has all of the tools to someday become a very good QB, possibly in the NFL, Heather is definately getting too far ahead, but on another fair note toward Tony, saying he completed "a shade over 50%" is unfair if u watched the game, he made a ton of plays where he should have been sacked and threw over a handful of balls away, just as a good QB does instead of making a mistake, and saying he was "3rd string" is way off, Grutza was the starter and Tony was the back up coming out of camp and alot of people close to the program were shocked Tony wasnt the starter, and Brian Kelly said "If it were based solely on talent Tony would have been our starter from day 1"....he is leading the Bearcats through i pretty special time for the program right now.....3 more games!!

kwilk103
11-09-2008, 12:08 PM
our defense was ranked 35th in total defense, and 10th in scoring defense to start the game

also the 7th game out of 9 where we didnt give up a touchdown in the 2nd half (not counting the 2 overtime games)

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
im just saying physically, he has better than or just as good physical tools as stafford or freeman. if they go bcs and hes the starter, id say he was outplaying both. so hes playing better and has just as good physical skills i dont know why hes not the #1 qb. im not counting all the bradford/mccoy sanchez nonsense either. im just comparing him to the legit nfl qb prospects stafford/freeman. so if hes looking as good as they are and better in ways i dont see why hes not in the mix

STARHEATHER
11-11-2008, 10:28 PM
got pike in one of those one hr condensed games. solid. evading pressure game winning td run a bit break some tackles lookin good vs wvu

gator3guy
11-11-2008, 10:49 PM

I loved him last year, but it seems he has taken a step back. I seen him against Michigan St. and the game was an absolute wash. Huge rain fall. Real sloppy game. Had like a 25% completion percentage and 4 INTs. Definitely the conditions didn't help him at all. And looking at his stats he isn't having near the season he had last year. But he's still only a JR, has a good arm, and has prototypical size (6'5). Hopefully he can turn it around because he could be a good one. Too bad he plays at FAU.

illmatic74
11-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I loved him last year, but it seems he has taken a step back. I seen him against Michigan St. and the game was an absolute wash. Huge rain fall. Real sloppy game. Had like a 25% completion percentage and 4 INTs. Definitely the conditions didn't help him at all. And looking at his stats he isn't having near the season he had last year. But he's still only a JR, has a good arm, and has prototypical size (6'5). Hopefully he can turn it around because he could be a good one. Too bad he plays at FAU. Didn't he only play 5 games last year as a backup.

SuperKevin
11-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Didn't he only play 5 games last year as a backup.

Rusty Smith started all year for them last year. He had one of the best seasons in the country

illmatic74
11-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Rusty Smith started all year for them last year. He had one of the best seasons in the countryI haven't seen him play but Starheather likes him so I am skeptical.

gator3guy
11-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Didn't he only play 5 games last year as a backup.

No, he played all year and was the Sun Belt Player of the Year as a sophomore.

gator3guy
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I haven't seen him play but Starheather likes him so I am skeptical.

Damn, really? I actually liked Rusty Smith.

illmatic74
11-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Damn, really? I actually liked Rusty Smith.I am talking about Pike

SuperKevin
11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I haven't seen him play but Starheather likes him so I am skeptical.

Rusty Smith is good. He has the Howard Schnellenberger stamp of approval

gator3guy
11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
I am talking about Pike

O ok, nvm then

gator3guy
11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Rusty Smith is good. He has the Howard Schnellenberger stamp of approval

Didn't Schnellenberger say he was a first rounder???

SuperKevin
11-11-2008, 11:09 PM

Said he had first round talent. I mean I've watched him play a few times and he compares VERY favorably to Sam Bradford both in size and physical ability. He also has a little more experience playing under center though

ElectricEye
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM

Yeah, he did. He's been playing poorly this year, if he returns to form next year he might have a shot at going around there.

STARHEATHER
11-12-2008, 07:15 PM
if i like them you should be all over it put it everywhere you can and claim it as your own

ElectricEye
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
That's stupid. Who care's if they're "yours"? Taking credit for something means absolutely ****. That's just being smug and egotistical.

STARHEATHER
11-12-2008, 08:44 PM
i meant what i say you should claim it. but eitherway i dont get your complaint.

JackoWacko
11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
pike at de championship.

CashmoneyDrew
11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
i meant what i say you should claim it. but eitherway i dont get your complaint.

He basically called you the poser that you are. Once again your post proves that you just take players that aren't as highly thought of as others and put them on a pedastal and then take the most highly rated players and downgrade them so that if any of your guesses come true you can claim to be a scouting guru. You don't know much and everyone already sees that. You can give up your sherade and start over now if you like.

ElectricEye
11-12-2008, 10:29 PM
For scouts, the money is in being right. It counts for them. However, for us, we really don't matter much. We're just here to discuss prospects and have some fun watching football. Downgrading a guy for the attention is pretty much ********. The same is doubled for trying to hype a guy just so you get credit for it. You aren't the first person at a forum like this to exhibit these kinds of attention seeking behaviors, but you're among the worst. You also have the tendency to carry yourself like a moron. That doesn't help. I agree with VoodooMonkey, you should probably start your life over.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, he did. He's been playing poorly this year, if he returns to form next year he might have a shot at going around there.

I wonder who left the team last year....

Found it:

He lost his LT, LG.

And their Defense lost their best player in Cergile Sincere. I watched their Championship game and he was a machine.

ElectricEye
11-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I saw him play against Troy earlier in the year and the protection did not look good. Conversely, neither did he. I'm not sure that's any excuse for him, but their line play appears to have dropped off significantly. He also flatout made some poor decisions and wasn't accurate with the ball.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
I saw him play against Troy earlier in the year and the protection did not look good. Conversely, neither did he. I'm not sure that's any excuse for him, but their line play appears to have dropped off significantly. He also flatout made some poor decisions and wasn't accurate with the ball.

I think Rusty Smith is suffering from Ben Roethlisberger Syndrome.

Your OL Sucks so your force plays and get antzy.

ElectricEye
11-13-2008, 12:23 AM
His O-Line wasn't anything special last year either though. But still, yeah, could be the case. He's got a pretty decent arm to go along with his frame, and he had real good year last year. I didn't see the accuracy the time I tuned in, but from what I hear it's pretty good. Could be one of the better seniors available next year if gets his play in order. A notch below Nate Davis in terms of pro-status for me.

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
His O-Line wasn't anything special last year either though. But still, yeah, could be the case. He's got a pretty decent arm to go along with his frame, and he had real good year last year. I didn't see the accuracy the time I tuned in, but from what I hear it's pretty good. Could be one of the better seniors available next year if gets his play in order. A notch below Nate Davis in terms of pro-status for me.

If you saw the Championship game against Memphis last year, the Kid just had the touch on every pass, it was disgustingly phenomenal.

I think he's going to be a kid, downgraded on his team, but rise fast come Combine, Pro-day, private workouts and All-star games.

STARHEATHER
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
another nice game, another win on the road for pike. playing consistent every week, getting it done. im seeing bcs

illmatic74
11-16-2008, 11:16 PM
another nice game, another win on the road for pike. playing consistent every week, getting it done. im seeing bcsI finally saw him play the other day. He is a solid QB but does not have the arm strength or upside his size would indicate. Next year he could become a 3rd rounder if he continues to improve.

STARHEATHER
11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
i disagree. he definitely throws better than sam bradford. hes in that stafford freeman area, maybe a little less but not much.he has a gun. he could be a first rounder this year or next year. he can make all the nfl throws

Romo2TOXLI
11-18-2008, 01:57 PM
i agree if he plays ell next season round 2 or 3 could be a possibility....and u are definately wrong aout arm strength, that is his most reliable asset as a QB, he has a VERY strong arm...

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
i juwst dont get it. he has a top level arm and body. hes taking a very average team to the bcs possibly. i just dont know how that doesnt equal first rd pick. well hell be a steal for someone. far far far superior to sam bradford or mark sanchez. im almost tempted to make him my #1 qb. he has advantages over stafford and freeman and similar physical skills.

illmatic74
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
i juwst dont get it. he has a top level arm and body. hes taking a very average team to the bcs possibly. i just dont know how that doesnt equal first rd pick. well hell be a steal for someone. far far far superior to sam bradford or mark sanchez. im almost tempted to make him my #1 qb. he has advantages over stafford and freeman and similar physical skills.He doesn't have Stafford or Freeman's arm strength. He is also doesn't have a lot of starting experience. He is also about to win the "mighty" Big East.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
the compettion level is a valid point. but joe flacco palyed vs 1 aa and ryan played in the mighty big east. valid points. i think hes on the same level as stafford and freeman throwing though. hes won more than freeman. he has a better body than stafford. and his arm is top tier. maybe not the strongest ever. but nfl level surely

illmatic74
11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
the compettion level is a valid point. but joe flacco palyed vs 1 aa and ryan played in the mighty big east. valid points. i think hes on the same level as stafford and freeman throwing though. hes won more than freeman. he has a better body than stafford. and his arm is top tier. maybe not the strongest ever. but nfl level surelyHe still has to bulk up and have another year of starting experience before you talk about first day pick.

Loggerhead
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
tony pike pwns sanchez. he has a chuck norris arm and even though he hasn't started a full season he should be a first roundd pik. pike equals championship.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 07:49 PM
joe flacco played in 1-aa and couldnt beat out tyler palko. where they come from, doesnt matter. how they toss it, everything. he tosses it well

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
the compettion level is a valid point. but joe flacco palyed vs 1 aa and ryan played in the mighty big east. valid points. i think hes on the same level as stafford and freeman throwing though. hes won more than freeman. he has a better body than stafford. and his arm is top tier. maybe not the strongest ever. but nfl level surely

psh sounds like excuses pike hadnt even started over guys like grutza who wont even b drafted. to say he is on the same level as stafford and freeman is just a lie. freeman could 360 dunk in highschool. that takes elite level athletalacism the kind that pike doesnt have. 6'6 211 is more closer to 5'9 225 imo and he can not dunk a basketball like terrence cody. late rounder imo. cfl quarterback. hes slower than mike heart

Loggerhead
11-18-2008, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=STARHEATHER;1320747]joe flacco played in 1-aa and couldnt beat out tyler palko. where they come from, doesnt matter. how they toss it, everything. he tosses it well[/QUOTT

Wow Heather that statement can be interpreted in many different ways.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
hes slower than mike heart

Mike Hart doesn't need speed. He jukes everything in his way.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 09:05 PM
he juked his way into a 5th rd selection. but back to pike. he just looks like all the other guys who are dominating the position. i like guys who look like the other guys. hes not going to have to break the mold. he is the mold

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/64127_02_lg.jpg

Bruce Banner
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Star, tell me, how badly do you hate Mike Hart?

And don't hold back.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
i hate him as a prospect. i use him as an example for certain kinds of backs and why just because you rush for 5k career yards and go to a big program doesnt mean youre an nfl back. theres just more to it than yards or awards. you have to be able to get yards like they do in the nfl. like they do against the steelers. hes an example of insufficient athletic ability. im sure hes a fine upstanding young man. thus when i see a player like moreno or mccoy, they remind me of michael hart. same production. same limitations.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:10 PM
he juked his way into a 5th rd selection. but back to pike.

He juked his way into the #1 spot in Michigan's rushing records. He was an exceptional collegiate player, but a crappy pro prospect. I don't think you'll find many people who think he was a good pro prospect. However, he does the little things right. He's an exceptional pass blocker, he's very tough, and he always had a knack for gaining 4-5 yards out of plays that should have been negative plays. But again, he was not a good pro prospect, and no one thought he was, so your hatred is a little weird.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 10:34 PM
like i said. thats michigan. thats not the nfl. and those are the only record books hat matter. its not hatred. i dont hate anyone personally. hes an easy example. like the first example that comes off your tongue in any other situation

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
hes no worse a prospect than knowshon moreno or leasean mccoy

illmatic74
11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
like i said. thats michigan. thats not the nfl. and those are the only record books hat matter. its not hatred. i dont hate anyone personally. hes an easy example. like the first example that comes off your tongue in any other situationBut Mccoy and Moreno are nothing like Hart

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 10:37 PM
theyre exactly like hart. same production, same size, same limited ability

illmatic74
11-18-2008, 10:38 PM
theyre exactly like hart. same production, same size, same limited abilityBut more explosive, better speed and better recievers.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 10:45 PM
im seeing similar skills, similar athleticism similar size

sbh15
11-18-2008, 10:47 PM
He's no Tyler Thigpen... xD

*fades back into obscurity*

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 10:52 PM
im seeing similar skills, similar athleticism similar size

For McCoy...
Size; two inches, ten pounds with room for more
Speed; almost .3 seconds better in the 40. He's got a projected 4.4 and might actually test faster than that. Speed is his calling card. It's what he's known for.
Skills; added dimension as a receiver. 500 receiving yards in almost two years of starting, and he's still going.

Doesn't take much more than an eyeball test to see that McCoy is going to be more explosive at the NFL Level.

For Moreno..
Size; 2 inches and a couple pounds
Speed; probably at least .2 seconds better in the 40. Very quick too. That has to be added here.
Skills; 20+ receptions every year he's played.

He's also doing what he's doing with a weaker offensive line and in the SEC.

There you go.

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 05:46 PM
i dont know i mean youre saying that they are as fast or faster than felix jones. im sorry i just dont see it.i see closer to mike hart than felix jones.i could be mistaken buyt i dont think so. i like the banter and whatnot but can we go back to tony pike?

Menardo75
11-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Mike Hart is a very good football player. That alone will keep him around for atleast a little while.

Loggerhead
11-19-2008, 06:41 PM
STARHEATHER TONY PIKE IS NOT A FIRST ROUNDER MKAY!!!!!!! Why? He is completing under 60% of his passes. He has not even started a year. He has a very thin frame according to ESPN 6-6 211 lbs.

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 06:42 PM
well you just cant "stay around" if youre a rd 1 pick. you have to be great. guys who might "stay around" are for later rds. i think ive figured it out the difference between me and others. i expect high picks to be great. it seems many think that if you just are ok for a while that deems you worthy of a high pick. i wont discuss anything else unless its about tony pike

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 06:45 PM
if you say so. but hes potentially going bcs. and when he lines up at the meat market compared to the others and shows off that perfect qb body and big throwing arm, the others are going to have a tough time looking good. you could certainly be right on his draft position. good chance he doesnt come out. on the other hand if hes hot and they go bcs and he plays great when would he be hotter?

Loggerhead
11-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Playing great in BCS doesn't mean ****. Look at Ken Dorsey and Jason White. Dorsey and White consistently took their team to BCS and their teams won. Does that make them great prospects? NO!!! Now with Pike he is playing solid but not great football. He played like **** against Oklahoma completing 3 of 11 passes in his one game against a legit contender. Give him more time before you proclaim him Chuck Norris.

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
the difference between them and him is he has the traits. he has the arm and the size and athleticism.as good as anyone elses. jason white is a good comparison to sam bradford and colt mccoy though. ill use that.

Sniper
11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
the difference between them and him is he has the traits. he has the arm and the size and athleticism.as good as anyone elses. jason white is a good comparison to sam bradford and colt mccoy though. ill use that.

White and Bradford/McCoy are not similar.

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 07:09 PM
they are pretty much. same size, same arm strength. all sub nfl prototype level. but not pike. he has a prototype level arm and body

Sniper
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Mike Hart is a very good football player. That alone will keep him around for atleast a little while.

Let's have babies together!

Menardo75
11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Let's have babies together!

I'm down! :) :)

Zyro_1014
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm down! :) :)

you would be! ;)

Race for the Heisman
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
you would be! ;)

Hypocrite. :D

Romo2TOXLI
11-19-2008, 11:27 PM
i think Heather may be overhyping Pike a little bit, i have been watching him play for a long time, and he has all the mental tools, toughness and arm strength, but comparing him to bradford and stafford at this point is a little exaggerated....

STARHEATHER
11-22-2008, 07:34 PM
tony pike is shredding pitt. on target lasers every time. big mobile strong armed best qb available

illmatic74
11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Better than I thought on first game I saw of him. Next year if he improves and bulks up a lot could be a first day pick. At this point I would only take Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez, Davis and Freeman over him.

STARHEATHER
11-24-2008, 07:01 PM
go to espn.com. nfl draft. kiper. i figured off that outstanding performance in the biggest game in the history of the school with the pressure of a bcs bid on the line it was going to happen. and he didnt have all day and 300 yds rushing helping him out. it was all pike all day and only pike. they had no running game and he was under duress. ducking, juking making plays in the pocket and outside. throwing perfect lasers under duress. his arm and accuracy are THE BEST thats right THE BEST available. and hes a better athlete and more accurate and better body than stafford and shows more accuracy and better decision making than freeman and more wins. on target lasers every time. and not just standing back there untouched in the pocket while the other team was run sell out. he did not make one poor throw in the entire game. in the biggest game in the history of the school. above average athlete and runner as well. hes just perfect. hes the only dog who doesnt have any fleas. hes got the body, hes got the winning,hes got the elusiveness and athleticism, hes got the arm .and hes running the no huddle to perfection, showing he has the mental aptitude to some extent.everyone else has fleas. i just dont really know how anyone could like anyone better. bob davie "i see matt ryan in him" hes going to be a high pick" not verbatim but close enough. dave wanstedt "we couldnt do anything with their qb" or something to that extent. now kiper.

illmatic74
11-24-2008, 07:04 PM
go to espn.com. nfl draft. kiper. i figured off that outstanding performance in the biggest game in the history of the school with the pressure of a bcs bid on the line it was going to happen. and he didnt have all day and 300 yds rushing helping him out. it was all pike all day and only pike. they had no running game and he was under duress. ducking, juking making plays in the pocket and outside. throwing perfect lasers under duress. his arm and accuracy are THE BEST thats right THE BEST available. and hes a better athlete and more accurate and better body than stafford and shows more accuracy and better decision making than freeman and more wins. on target lasers every time. and not just standing back there untouched in the pocket while the other team was run sell out. he did not make one poor throw in the entire game. in the biggest game in the history of the school. above average athlete and runner as well. hes just perfect. hes the only dog who doesnt have any fleas. hes got the body, hes got the winning,hes got the elusiveness and athleticism, hes got the arm .and hes running the no huddle to perfection, showing he has the mental aptitude to some extent.everyone else has fleas. i just dont really know how anyone could like anyone better. bob davie "i see matt ryan in him" hes going to be a high pick" not verbatim but close enough. dave wanstedt "we couldnt do anything with their qb" or something to that extent. now kiper.I saw the game. Pike's decision making was great during the game. He still needs another year to develop and bulk up but he could be a first day pick next year.

STARHEATHER
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
how can he need another year to develop and bulk up. if he needs to bulk up, then so does colt mccoy and sam bradford. hes plenty big.and hes much harder to tackle than any of the others save freeman. and hes the most "developed" qb on the field. because he plays better than anyone else. gotta strike while the irons hot and its hot for him. when you put him in the workout meat market with the others, hes going to come out on top. hes the best on the field, hell be the best in workouts. cincy may not be the best team in the bcs, but they most certainly have the best qb in the bcs

illmatic74
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
how can he need another year to develop and bulk up. if he needs to bulk up, then so does colt mccoy and sam bradford. hes plenty big.and hes much harder to tackle than any of the others save freeman. and hes the most "developed" qb on the field. because he plays better than anyone else. gotta strike while the irons hot and its hot for him. when you put him in the workout meat market with the others, hes going to come out on top. hes the best on the field, hell be the best in workouts. cincy may not be the best team in the bcs, but they most certainly have the best qb in the bcsHe is 6'6 and weighs 211 pounds. He is good but I like Stafford and Freeman's arm better. Also he and all other top QBS are about the same athlectically(Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez, Davis, Freeman).

STARHEATHER
11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
hes more accurrate than freeman or stafford andis far more accurate. you watched the game. really think hes not a better athlete than sanchez or bradford or stafford. really. all those designed qb runs and eluding rshers says otherwise.

CashmoneyDrew
11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
I saw some highlights from this weekend and his arm was not as strong as some people around here claim. He looks promising in the future though.

kwilk103
11-24-2008, 08:40 PM
will be interesting to see if he starts next year

demetrius jones had trouble with the playbook

plus, will kelly be there next year? i doubt it, even if he is, he wont be there for his senior year

STARHEATHER
11-24-2008, 09:23 PM
not strong compared to whom. sam bradford? mark sanchez? nate davis? tim tebow? i dont think so. he has an nfl level thrpwing arm. whether its better than matt stafford. i dont know. but its nfl level and he has traits stafford does not

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 08:02 AM
This needs to go. Blueberry Waffles!!!

Sniper
11-25-2008, 08:06 AM
This needs to go. Blueberry Waffles!!!

Chocolate chip pancakes tend to get the edge over blueberry waffles. I mean, they're both good. It's like asking do you prefer Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. You can't go wrong either way, but chocolate chip pancakes (Brady) get the edge with me.

Now, big question. Wawa or Sheetz?

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Chocolate chip pancakes tend to get the edge over blueberry waffles. I mean, they're both good. It's like asking do you prefer Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. You can't go wrong either way, but chocolate chip pancakes (Brady) get the edge with me.

Now, big question. Wawa or Sheetz?

Wawa, by far. Everyone around me would go to Sheetz and hong out once they got their license, I'm not into that really. Wawa has great coffee, hoagies, it is pretty much a supermarket that sells gas as cheap as it comes. Wawa for sure.

Oh, and I totally agree about chocolate chip pancakes, just brought up the waffles from the other thread.

Paper or plastic?

CantStopGregJones
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm the biggest Cincinnati homer ever, but seriously STARHEATHER you need to chill out on Tony Pike. There is a reason he didn't win the starting job last season or this season. Ben Mauk was the far superior QB when it came to decision making, leadership and reading a defense. If Ben Mauk was 6'6 with a stronger arm then he migh have been an elite prospect. Dustin Grutza was the better QB this year which is why he won the spot first. Tony Pike needs to learn to read defenses better and become a great comander as well as add at least 15-20 pounds up muscle before entering the draft. He was great against Pittsburgh, but against Louisville he wasn't so great. Consistency will come when he learns to read defenses better. He can be good, but he has some improving to do first.

Sniper
11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Wawa, by far. Everyone around me would go to Sheetz and hong out once they got their license, I'm not into that really. Wawa has great coffee, hoagies, it is pretty much a supermarket that sells gas as cheap as it comes. Wawa for sure.

Wawa is spectacular. Their hoagies are ******* amazing. The milkshakes are pretty good too, but the toasted ravioli is what does it for me.

Oh, and I totally agree about chocolate chip pancakes, just brought up the waffles from the other thread.

Yeah. Like I said, either one works, but if given the choice, chocolate chip pancakes all day, err day.

Paper or plastic?

Plastic. I like the handles. Paper bags get to be bulky and cumbersome.

Here's a tough one. Frosted Flakes or Golden Grahams?

Menardo75
11-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Wawa is spectacular. Their hoagies are ******* amazing. The milkshakes are pretty good too, but the toasted ravioli is what does it for me.

Yeah. Like I said, either one works, but if given the choice, chocolate chip pancakes all day, err day.

Plastic. I like the handles. Paper bags get to be bulky and cumbersome.

Here's a tough one. Frosted Flakes or Golden Grahams?

Sniper you are offically big time in my book. I made myself a warmed bagel with ham and cheese. It was like heaven on earth. Thank you Sniper for making breakfast good again :)

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
theres a reason why they won that game and why they are in the bcs. its him. you should be happy although as a homer im sure youd like to see that come back next year for another run at rare glory. you may get your wish, but i wouldnt bank on it. you should count your lucky stars to have a qb of his caliber there. its amazing what an elite player at that position can do for a very average football team. for you i hope he comes back. but regardless hes still the best player available. all the traits. no one else has all the traits. he looked like on fire ben roethlisberger in that game. it was the best performance by a qb the entire year in any game. he threw the best most consistent balls under pressure. whether he didnt win the starting ob etc is really immterial. joe flacco lost out on a starting job to an inferior player. it ust doesnt mattter. the traits are everything. what school you play for it ust doesnt matter

illmatic74
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
theres a reason why they won that game and why they are in the bcs. its him. you should be happy although as a homer im sure youd like to see that come back next year for another run at rare glory. you may get your wish, but i wouldnt bank on it. you should count your lucky stars to have a qb of his caliber there. its amazing what an elite player at that position can do for a very average football team. for you i hope he comes back. but regardless hes still the best player available. all the traits. no one else has all the traits. he looked like on fire ben roethlisberger in that game. it was the best performance by a qb the entire year in any game. he threw the best most consistent balls under pressure. whether he didnt win the starting ob etc is really immterial. joe flacco lost out on a starting job to an inferior player. it ust doesnt mattter. the traits are everything. what school you play for it ust doesnt matterYou see Nate Davis tonight he is better.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:09 PM
doesnt have the traits. he could have 800 yds and 10 tds. it ust doesnt matter. theres no way he was better than pike vs pitt. it was the best qb performance of the year as far as purely throwing the football. perfect on time lasers every time.

Sniper
11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Sniper you are offically big time in my book. I made myself a warmed bagel with ham and cheese. It was like heaven on earth. Thank you Sniper for making breakfast good again :)

Haha it's pretty excellent.

So, Golden Grahams or Frosted Flakes?

kwilk103
01-01-2009, 07:52 PM
what a throw!!!

Babylon
01-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Where is Starheather by the way? He's a big Pike booster.

bored of education
01-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Pike = Lions 1st overall

Babylon
01-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Pike = Lions 1st overall

There's usually a method to your madness.

djp
01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
As crazy as SH was, I actually like Tony Pike as well, although not as much as he did.

furiousgod
01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
that move where he tries to evade sacks and swings his hips and turns to the otherside is going to get him destroyed if he ever takes a nfl snap, reminds me of one of my really really noob friends playing madden

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Pike tore it up today! Starheather would be stoked!

Pokeys
01-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Pike looks pretty good to me I've seen him on a few occasions. Big stink he threw some picks and stunk it up against VT. Hes alot of room to grow as a player.

HellonEarth84
01-02-2009, 02:57 AM
From what I saw, he was terrible today.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-02-2009, 08:56 AM
He threw bad passes but he has a great 6'6" frame, one of the more mobile and accurate on the run QB's we have, and he has great intangibles. He forced some things today against a great ballhawking defense, but he'll be a legit prospect to look at in the next 2 years. Joe Flacco lite.

AkiliSmith
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
He has great height but he looks like he weighs 190 pounds

Larry121283
01-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Saw him live and in person last night...no thanks.

Terrible decision maker.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Needs more arm strength, there would be others next year to get excited about.

Menardo75
01-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Pike has a lot of potential I don't love him as a prospect yet, but he has a while to change our minds.

Mr. Stiller
01-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Great Potential.. I like Rusty Smith more from that 2nd tier group next year.

But the dude is Frail. Seriously his arms are so thin I ponder if he's anorexic.

Kam Chancellor was his favorite WR last night.

Menardo75
01-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Great Potential.. I like Rusty Smith more from that 2nd tier group next year.

But the dude is Frail. Seriously his arms are so thin I ponder if he's anorexic.

Kam Chancellor was his favorite WR last night.

I think Chancellor really helped himself last night.

Hokie's#1
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I went to the Orange Bowl and from what I saw he has great size and can scramble to evade the sack but cut down on the interceptions.

themaninblack
01-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I really can't believe he is even on scholarship at UC after seeing him play in HS. He's got some potential but he is far from an accomplished passer.

Romo2TOXLI
01-03-2009, 08:58 PM
i saw him play every Friday night in High School, were we watching the same player?....he tore it up in High School and with a hole year, including camp and stuff, where he is not the back up, he could be a stud in college, when it comes to pro prospect, he needs to add a TON of toughness but he has all the tools as a passer and he has even become alot more mobile

He played horrible in the Orange Bowl, but 2 things didnt do him any favors, BK's unwillingness to run the football and the defense' inability to tackle on 3rd down

themaninblack
01-04-2009, 02:11 PM
i saw him play every Friday night in High School, were we watching the same player?....he tore it up in High School and with a hole year, including camp and stuff, where he is not the back up, he could be a stud in college, when it comes to pro prospect, he needs to add a TON of toughness but he has all the tools as a passer and he has even become alot more mobile

He played horrible in the Orange Bowl, but 2 things didnt do him any favors, BK's unwillingness to run the football and the defense' inability to tackle on 3rd down

Given the league he was in, that's not saying much. I just didn't think big time starting QB when I saw him play back then. He's got decent size as far as height and his arm is pretty good but other than that I don't really see it. There was a reason he was 5th on the depth chart at the beginning of the year.

griff2213
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
pike sucks. starheather knows nothing. whatever he says, immediately assume the opposite is correct.

Romo2TOXLI
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
he wasnt really 5th...alot of people said he outplayed grutza but grutza got th nod because of experience...he may not be a top round pick but i will love to see what he can do with a full off season as the starting quarterback

ThatThereCarGoin200mph
01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
pike=terrible never going to be anything, talk all you want about being 6'6" blah blah he is terrible forget it

themaninblack
01-05-2009, 04:37 AM
he wasnt really 5th...alot of people said he outplayed grutza but grutza got th nod because of experience...he may not be a top round pick but i will love to see what he can do with a full off season as the starting quarterback

Yea, I think he deserves at least that. There's really no guarantee he is even the starting QB next year though is there?