PDA

View Full Version : Adelius Thomas close to signing with Patriots?

Jay
03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
http://www.pfinsider.net/Content/Patriots-close-with-Adalius-Thomas.php

Shiver
03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
That just isn't fair..

ninerfan
03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
noooooooooo say it isnt so

Caddy
03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Would be a good move by both parties. Pats pick up a great player and Thomas gets to play for one of the best organisations in the NFL.

miamichamp_305
03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I would literally go break something. I would hate this so much, I wouldn't care if he signed with anyone else, but not the Pats!!

Splat
03-02-2007, 06:15 PM
That is just great NOT!

TNewFan41
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Who cares? Tom Brady is on the cover of Madden, the Patriots are done no matter what.

49ersfan_87
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Damn.

At least there is joey porter. He might be decent.

HawkeyeFan
03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Damn. I was hoping he'd go to San Fransisco, NOT NEW ENGLAND!

GSOT
03-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Damn. I was hoping he'd go to San Fransisco, NOT NEW ENGLAND!

Why? then we have to face him twice a year...

Splat
03-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Who cares? Tom Brady is on the cover of Madden, the Patriots are done no matter what.

Is he really?

Flyboy
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
That just isn't fair..

LOL! Great minds think alike. I thought the EXACT same thing when I read the thread title. Just another reason why the Pats are my #1 hated team in the league.

HawkeyeFan
03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Why? then we have to face him twice a year...
Yea, obviously thats bad. But I'd hate to see New England Patriots win another Championship after there recent run and stunt against the Rams.

Plus, are you not getting tired of the NFC West being labeled as weak? I'd rather play in a tough division and get some rep!

remix 6
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Is he really?

no.

Thomas would be an insane signing and we wont be giving $80 mill for a player.

hed give us a tremendous starter at inside or outside backer..versatile playmaker.

rugger
03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Thomas will be in Boston tomorrow for a medical checkup, expect an announcement sometime this weekend.

hugegmenfan
03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
no! F*ck u patriots i hate u guys- u have ur brilliant coach and great strategy just leave the FA to teams that need them

TheChampIsHere
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Ill be honest I really dont want to see them pick up Thomas. Hoping he goes to the 49ers. Im a Raider fan for life, but at this point I'll be happy to see any local team doing something positive.

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Yea, obviously thats bad. But I'd hate to see New England Patriots win another Championship after there recent run and stunt against the Rams.

Plus, are you not getting tired of the NFC West being labeled as weak? I'd rather play in a tough division and get some rep!

You finished 3rd in the weakest division in football, you don't deserve any rep. Finishing 3rd in a tougher divison wouldn't give you much more rep anyway. Just win your division strongly and you'll earn some.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
The Pats are gonna be a very good team next year with or without him. Their needs are Rushbacker, WR, and Safety.

Guess what the draft is deep in this year? Rushbacker, WR, and Safety. By the way...they got 2 1st rounders.

Theyre actually better off not signing Thomas. Get Abriamiri/Spencer and Ginn with their 1st rounders, Weddle with their 2nd.

The Pats will be back in a big way next year, regardless whether they make this move or not.

Philliez01
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I predicted this a while back in the FA Thread, I just think that the Patriots needed an elite player on D and Thomas can fit the 3-4 system.

sup3rk1ng
03-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Ill be honest I really dont want to see them pick up Thomas. Hoping he goes to the 49ers. Im a Raider fan for life, but at this point I'll be happy to see any local team doing something positive.

Haha, yea, I was even rooting for the A's last year. Bay area sports are having some real down years recently.

remix 6
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Patriots land Thomas
Posted by John Tomase at 7:52 pm

According to a league source with knowledge of the negotiations, the Patriots are about to make the splash of free agency by agreeing to a contract with Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas, considered one of the top players on the market.

“Thomas is done there,” said the source, a rival executive.

More coming in a moment.

More coming momentarily.

Tomase from the Herald

its like XMAS. git er doneeee

Jonathan_VIlma
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
The Jets seem to be after him too. If he's not a Jet I just hope to god he isn't in the division. Go back to Baltimore, hell we even play them this year. Anywhere but New England.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-02-2007, 07:01 PM
**** you, New England, **** you.

NGSeiler
03-02-2007, 07:02 PM

No, I don't care about rep. I care about wins, which usually means not wanting division rivals to sign top free agents and get better... :confused:

GSOT
03-02-2007, 07:03 PM
**** you, New England, **** you.

Well said :)

HawkeyeFan
03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Per Rotoworld they've agreed to terms with DE/LB Adalius Thomas.! NO!

03-02-2007, 07:10 PM

And the rich get richer...

jetsfan3
03-02-2007, 07:16 PM

I was just about to post saying I wont complain until I'm convinced it will happen. NOW I AM CONVINCED.

This is bad on so many levels:

A) I hate the Patriots
B) I wanted the Jets to sign him
C) We now have to play him twice a year
D) The Patriots have a better chancing of winning it all, again

remix 6
03-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Thomas update

The Patriots are scheduled to host linebacker Adalius Thomas at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, and assuming he passes a physical and there are no last-****** hitches, the sides should finalize a blockbuster deal that will make Thomas a Patriot, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

Mike Reiss --BostonGLOBE

omg im loving this

jetsfan3
03-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Mike Reiss --BostonGLOBE

omg im loving this

You've all had enough to love. You love your rings, your division titles, your record, your coach, your hot sexy QB, but cmon, you gotta spread the love in free agency. Signing him is just plain rude!!!!

Flyboy
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Screw the Pats. That's what I say.

remix 6
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
You've all had enough to love. You love your rings, your division titles, your record, your coach, your hot sexy QB, but cmon, you gotta spread the love in free agency. Signing him is just plain rude!!!!

its not rude when were not going to pay him $80 million

7.5 a year for a player worth it..unlike Clements

BB kind of sucked up to him it seemed lol

-he let him address the AFC team in the Pro Bowl before and after game

-Thomas was very suprised by BB's attitude and he liked it

49erfaithful
03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
noooooooooo say it isnt so

Hey, maybe we could get Joey Porter now

miamichamp_305
03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Patriots have now made themselves THE most hated team in all of sports!! This might just top off hating the Yanks, and that's near impossible.

You guys won 3 championships in 4 years, have won the division title every year for what seems to be an eternity. You have the 2nd best QB in the league, a good, if not great o-line, a good, young RB, a good D-Line, a good LB core, and a good secondary. All you need is maybe another RB, a WR for sure, and maybe a S, also, before this, an OLB.. You can knock down 2 of those in the 1st round. Why do you have to sign arguably the best guy in free agency to bolster your team and just make us hate you even more!!! Why?!?!

I pray Thomas bitches about his contract or fails his physical. I pray!!

P-L
03-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I really didn't expect this. But it's a great signing.

remix 6
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Patriots have now made themselves THE most hated team in all of sports!! This might just top off hating the Yanks, and that's near impossible.

You guys won 3 championships in 4 years, have won the division title every year for what seems to be an eternity. You have the 2nd best QB in the league, a good, if not great o-line, a good, young RB, a good D-Line, a good LB core, and a good secondary. All you need is maybe another RB, a WR for sure, and maybe a S, also, before this, an OLB.. You can knock down 2 of those in the 1st round. Why do you have to sign arguably the best guy in free agency to bolster your team and just make us hate you even more!!! Why?!?!

I pray Thomas bitches about his contract or fails his physical. I pray!!

why dont you learn? "Patriots dont pay for players"

miamichamp_305
03-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Then what do you call this? I certainly don't see this as a small deal. If this does go down, you are going to apy him A LOT!

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
It would without saying be agreat signing by the Pats but it is so unfair that the modern dynasty gets stronger while other teams sit out there with heaps of cash (49ers)

P-L
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Like it has been said before, the Patriots pay their players, they just know who to pay and who not to pay.

remix 6
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Then what do you call this? I certainly don't see this as a small deal. If this does go down, you are going to apy him A LOT!

sarcasm..just repeating what everyone says

03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I really didn't expect this. But it's a great signing.

Thank you Captain Obvious. :P

Flyboy
03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
It would without saying be agreat signing by the Pats but it is so unfair that the modern dynasty gets stronger while other teams sit out there with heaps of cash (49ers)

They just signed Nate Clements $80mil. C'mon now.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Well, it won't be long and their Name players will be retiring.. Rodney Harrison and Bruschi can't play forever..

remix 6
03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, it won't be long and their Name players will be retiring.. Rodney Harrison and Bruschi can't play forever..

Bruschi is a reason we needed an LB so bad..hes declined

we have young players still..Samuel..Seymour..Wilfork..Warren

offensivly we are young..the front line is all under 30 i believe.

games are won in the trenches. thats why Patriots have 3 first round DL who are signed long besides Warren who expires next year or in 2 i forget

The Unseen
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM
And the rich get richer...

Took the words right off of my keyboard.

nyjets5125
03-02-2007, 08:04 PM
i just saw on espnnews that they reached a preliminary agreement

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 08:06 PM

San Franisco was a great and than good team for a long time, than they declined alot a few years ago. Its not a bad strategy to go cheap when your absolutly dreadful, no sense at all to sign older expensive FA if your no where near competiting for a couple of years. It does you no good to sign him and than finally be really good in a few years when he's declined.

You also have to consider that a when a none huge market becomes really bad their revenues decline alot.

Paul
03-02-2007, 09:51 PM

Can we have one conversation about Tom Brady without somebody mentioning something about his "sexiness".

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Can we have one conversation about Tom Brady without somebody mentioning something about his "sexiness".

Sure, Brett Favre was the NFL's 2006 Sexiest Man

PackerLegend
03-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I hate the PATRIOTS WITH PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SUCK

KCJ58
he should rip up the deal with the Patriots and sign with the Rams :):):)

jetsfan3

Only if the Patriots leave the free agents alone.

Xiomera
03-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow! This would be great for the Pats. They don't sign many big name free agents . . . this is quite surprising if it happens.

indyfan1985
03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
As a diehard Colts fan this kinda sucks hearing this. However, Im not too dissapointed since Thomas is an older player(I think he is either 30 or 31). While the Pats defense is good, they are also old and this move just keeps them as one of the older teams in the league.

jblaze66
03-03-2007, 12:49 AM
lol leave it to a Pats fan to butcher his name, I laugh if they do this because you know its Mucho $$$$. There is no way he would sign for crap money just to go to the Pats. So much for their philosophy of building through the draft. HA!

eastside49er
03-03-2007, 01:02 AM
According to Mike Nolan of the 49ers, they will make an offer to Thomas Saturday and considering the Pats and Thomas are only in preliminary talks (that means beginning for those who don't know), the Niners could still end up with Thomas. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

49ersfan_87
03-03-2007, 01:04 AM
According to Mike Nolan of the 49ers, they will make an offer to Thomas Saturday and considering the Pats and Thomas are only in preliminary talks (that means beginning for those who don't know), the Niners could still end up with Thomas. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

They did that to jonas jennings. Jennings was on his way to the giants team facility and was a lock to sign before the 49ers got him.

If nolan wants him, he will make a last ditch offer.

eastside49er
03-03-2007, 01:07 AM
They did that to jonas jennings. Jennings was on his way to the giants team facility and was a lock to sign before the 49ers got him.

If nolan wants him, he will make a last ditch offer.

According to Nolan, the Niners hadn't even pitched their offer to Thomas yet and reports have said they are planning to offer over 8 million a year and a 20 million dollar bonus. I heard the Pats are offering less at 7.5 million a year and a 17 million dollar bonus.

Not sure where Thomas will go, but the Niners are still in the game according to Nolan.

Handel
03-03-2007, 03:39 AM
lol leave it to a Pats fan to butcher his name, I laugh if they do this because you know its Mucho $$$$. There is no way he would sign for crap money just to go to the Pats. So much for their philosophy of building through the draft. HA!

They do. Does that prevent them to sign FAs? That signing probably mean they don't feel talent would be there at 24 and 28 or later to fill the OLB job immediatly.

niel89
03-03-2007, 04:40 AM
if the pats really do get him, then great pick up. they could do some really good things with him.

im gonna miss him though

Jay
03-03-2007, 06:41 AM

Yeah, because putting a E instead of an A is what I would call butchering.

Leave it up to an Eagles fan to act bitter. Their philosophy is to build through the draft, eh? REALLY? Is that how they do it?

I laugh if we do this too, because you know, it puts us THAT much closer to winning ANOTHER Super Bowl (which for those counting along at home would be #4 in seven years). The best part is, we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. So yuck it up all you want. I'll just keep laughing on game day...

McBain
03-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah, because putting a E instead of an A is what I would call butchering.

Leave it up to an Eagles fan to act bitter. Their philosophy is to build through the draft, eh? REALLY? Is that how they do it?

I laugh if we do this too, because you know, it puts us THAT much closer to winning ANOTHER Super Bowl (which for those counting along at home would be #4 in seven years). The best part is, we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. So yuck it up all you want. I'll just keep laughing on game day...

Bringing up championships to eagles fans is the best.

PS Nice work by the Pats...

EHobbs27
03-03-2007, 10:13 AM
As a diehard Colts fan this kinda sucks hearing this. However, Im not too dissapointed since Thomas is an older player(I think he is either 30 or 31). While the Pats defense is good, they are also old and this move just keeps them as one of the older teams in the league.

Well actually, really only the LB position for the Pats are old. Our D-line is very young and our DB's outside of Rodney are all young.

Chucky
03-03-2007, 10:42 AM
if they can get the best FA, and considering they kept asente, that would be an awesome offseason, plus they have two first rounders, Looks like the Pats, are gonna be favourites heading into next year

energizerbunny
03-03-2007, 10:43 AM
wow that front 7 is going to be scary for them.
The best 3-4 DLine in the league, Adalius and Colvin at OLB and they'll probally try to add a ILB in the draft to put along side Vrabel/Bruschi.
I believe Thomas is 29 years old. So he still has some very good years left in him. Belichek is going to find some great ways to ultilize him in his schemes.

I can see why he'd want to go to NE, they have as good of chance to win a superbowl then anyone else in the league. It's almost not fair that they got another first rounder this year for a undersized above average WR. ITs almost not fair. They continue to add talent threw the draft and apparently now as well through FA.

omecool20
03-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Kinda strange that the Pats are making this big FA signing. They must really miss Willie McGinest, as Thomas is said to be a bit like him.