PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Monroe and Clint Sintim

Larry121283
11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Just wanted to point out two players that really impressed me today from the UVa Cavs.

Eugene Monroe is a great tackle prospect by most NFL scouts and evaluators. A potential Top 15 player in next years draft. I had the ability to stand next to him during last years good bye to the Old Lady and while Brandon Albert - a top pick by the Chiefs - has numbers, Monroe is more physically imposing of a man. Just massive. He has great feet and really moves well in space for a guy his size and can really engage an end. He is, without a doubt a top tackle prospect coming out in an OL heavy draft (seriously, this might be the best OL class I've ever seen in my years following and covering the NFL Draft and its prospects). Only issue I've seen with Monroe is he doesn't finish blocks. I said it last year after the UM game where I got to see how good Monroe was against a 2nd round end in Calais Campbell and said then this guy would be a top prospect then before he was really on the radar, and I still believe so today, this guy is going to be a good football player at the next level. He just needs to keep improving and working to get better.

Clint Sintim is another guy I was really really impressed by and is a definitely a next level rush end, probably as a strong 'backer in a 34 defense. Maybe some teams flirt with him as a 'Mike or a rush end. I know it is cliche at this point, but this kid really does look like Chris Slade out there. He is just constantly in the backfield AND making plays sideline to sideline. Good instincts too. Just a guy who finds himself around the football. That is something you can't teach. Those are the types of players that know how to shed blocks too, which is so very key at the next level. I can't see this kid being worse then a second round type player. There are some good LBs out there this year, but this kid is going to fly under the radar methinks...but someone will get themselves a really good football player at the next level.

Just wanted to throw that out there fellas. These kids are pretty good...Monroe is one of the best linemen we've played against in years.

Babylon
11-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Monroe got off to a slow start this year from what a lot of scouts were saying, good to see him coming on. Probably still the 3rd tackle taken though.

Cigaro
11-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Clint Sintim will be a monster 3-4 OLBer in the NFL. He already is in college, and should easily make the transition.

SenorGato
11-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Sintim's becoming one of my favorite players in the draft. The perfect 3-4 LBer.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I think Sintim should grade out to a late first to early 2nd pick but will likely go late 2nd to mid 3rd. Teams are always looking at converting athletic DE's to 3-4 backers, but a guy like Sintim has the size and athleticism as well as already proving to be able to perform in the pro system. He's a safe pick IMO. Any team late first who is championship contending would make a surefire pick in Sintim IMO.

Pokeys
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Sintim is definitely a safe pick. Whoever needs a linebacker draft this kid, simple as that. He's the total package and plays at an intense level.

ammandss
11-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I went to the Miami-Virginia game and Clint Sintim had one of his best overall games I thought. Even though he ended up the game with only 3 solo tackles he was all over the field. Surprisingly, he was in coverage a LOT.. and did very well. I always thought that was one of his weaker points but he was all over the field in coverage. As for the run game, he was coming off blocks very, very well and looked good there too. He was killed on the delay though - they would double team him on the edge rush and get lots of yards with the delayed run up the gut. Of course he did pretty well in the pass rush too. He forced the QBs to roll out 4-5 times and constantly drew double teams. One of Alex Field's sack was because the QB rolled away from Sintim into Field's arms. I really thought Sintim inproved his stock this game by showing off his coverage skills and still played well against the run and in the pass rush.

As for Monroe, I've always been a fan. However, he does seem to start of seasons and his college career slow. That said, he's been a beast lately and works well with Pastzor on his side. He's definitely a stud at LT.

SenorGato
11-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I found the perfect comparison for Sintim:

Karlos Dansby

It's probably the only one I've made in my head that I really, really like.

Chief49er
01-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Could Sintim play a SAM in the 4-3?

He looks a lot like J. Peterson.

ElectricEye
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Sintim is the ideal 3-4 linebacker. You don't need to teach him much about the position either. He's physically capable and knows the position. Should be really good for any team he goes to right away. I really want the Patriots to draft him, even if that means going for him in the first.

wonderbredd24
01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
36 to the Browns

AntoinCD
01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Clint Sintim would be my pick for the Patriots in the first unless someone falls, thinking here like Vontae Davis, William Moore or really unlikely Everette Brown

ElectricEye
01-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Clint Sintim would be my pick for the Patriots in the first unless someone falls, thinking here like Vontae Davis, William Moore or really unlikely Everette Brown

Pretty much my thinking exactly. I might even take him over Moore.

AntoinCD
01-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Pretty much my thinking exactly. I might even take him over Moore.

I think if he can stay healthy and lose some weight Moore will be a very good safety, but concerns do seem legit.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Hah as the biggest Sintim fan I don't want him to go to the Patriots, lol. Ideal for me is Sint to the Ravens.

AntoinCD
01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Hah as the biggest Sintim fan I don't want him to go to the Patriots, lol. Ideal for me is Sint to the Ravens.

I think the Ravens will go offense this year unless they lose Suggs. Why not help out your young QB as much as possible. Besides their D is ridiculous as it is. If he's there the Ravens take DHB

CC.SD
01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
If there is some scenario where the Chargers actually enter free agency and solve a need at OT, 3-4 DE, or S, then I could see them trading back a little from 16 and picking Sintim. Merriman+Sintim with Shaun Phillips in a 3 point stance= LOVE

SeanTaylorRIP
01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I think the Ravens will go offense this year unless they lose Suggs. Why not help out your young QB as much as possible. Besides their D is ridiculous as it is. If he's there the Ravens take DHB

WR is important but you can't expect a rookie wideout to have an immediate impact. IMO making sure that defense doesn't lose a step is more important than anything. A WR in round 2 or 3 could be done.

AntoinCD
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
WR is important but you can't expect a rookie wideout to have an immediate impact. IMO making sure that defense doesn't lose a step is more important than anything. A WR in round 2 or 3 could be done.

It could well happen but they have been doing that for ten years and without possibly Flacco they don't have an elite talent or prospect on offense. They also have to think about replacing Mason who isn't the youngest any more. If they do go defense it will probably be a corner like DJ Moore or Alphonso Smith if available.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
It could well happen but they have been doing that for ten years and without possibly Flacco they don't have an elite talent or prospect on offense. They also have to think about replacing Mason who isn't the youngest any more. If they do go defense it will probably be a corner like DJ Moore or Alphonso Smith if available.

I can't disagree with that.