PDA

View Full Version : Tyrell Fenroy

neko4
11-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Topped 1,000 yards for the 4th consecutive year. But he isnt on Scott's Rankings. I know he plays in the Sun Belt and is undersized, but the guy is quick, maybe a Steve Slaton like Runningback.

Just curious if anyone knows anymore info or if Scott can tell me why he isnt even on the rankings

BamaFalcon59
11-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Sounds like something out of Starwars.

Larry121283
11-03-2008, 08:22 AM
He is a good, great even, collegiate back. I've been a fan since I saw him v. ULM his sophomore season. He has some speed to him (runs in the upper 4.4's), but has great quickness. He does play bigger then his size would indicate. I can't see why he wouldn't at least get a shot late in the draft. He is one of the All-Time leaders in rushing as a collegiate, he is the All-Time Sun Belt rusher.

If a player like Patrick Cobbs can find success in the NFL, I think Fenroy can at least find a spot on a roster.

Also watch out for Arkie State's Reggie Arnold next season. Really like Arnold.

BamaFalcon59
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh yeah, Reggie Arnold is great. Great compact build with speed.

gator3guy
11-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Fenroy should get a shot just for that neck roll he wears. Dude looks baller. But honestly other than highlights I havent seen the guy. He's from the Sun Belt though so hes going to have to make the most of every opportunity he gets.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Ha!!! Gator took the words out my mouth....Fenroy wears that neckroll...Im not talkin no Geno Hayes neckroll....I mean a real deal couch on that mans back....He is a beast too!!!

gator3guy
11-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Ha!!! Gator took the words out my mouth....Fenroy wears that neckroll...Im not talkin no Geno Hayes neckroll....I mean a real deal couch on that mans back....He is a beast too!!!

Thing makes him look like a bowling ball. First time i saw him i thought he was 220. Turns out hes 185!!! Yikes. He is however 6th in the nation in yards and averaging about 7 yards a pop. I doubt he's going to wow scouts at the combine but you can't argue with production.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
11-08-2008, 01:43 PM
As a senior at UL I feel privileged to have watched Fenroy in person these past 4 years. In fact, my ex took a class with him as a freshman and I now wish she'd have gotten his autograph for me because he's going to play on Sundays for a long time. Dude is legit. I've seen him in person and shook his hand a few times on the pre-game walk to the stadium and I have to say, there's NO WAY Fenroy only weighs 185, he's got to be around 200 if not a little over. Obviously he doesn't have ideal size but he's bigger than other guys who've had long and productive NFL careers (Warrick Dunn immediately comes to mind). He's just a beast on the field.

He's one of those guys that just baffles you how he slipped past the major schools. Sure, I'm a UL homer but I'm also a big LSU homer and I really do believe he could be starting for LSU right now. He's ran well against the 3 SEC teams he's played. Keep in mind, these are all games in which UL trailed and pretty much had to abandon the run:

2006 @ LSU - 12 car, 52 yards, 4.3 avg
2007 @ South Carolina - 16 car, 88 yards, 5.5 avg
2007 @ Tennessee - 14 car, 113 yards, 8.1 avg

He'll certainly get drafted... I'd say early day 2, but he could possibly slip into the third round depending on his workouts. He won't be brought in to start anywhere, but he's gonna get some carries in his career and I think he'll do UL proud.

Brent
11-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Fenroy should get a shot just for that neck roll he wears. Dude looks baller.
http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/fenroy_t.jpg
Amazing.

neko4
01-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I wanted to bump this. Is Fenroy in any of the allstar games?

Still not ranked by scott :(

HoopsDemon12
01-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Topped 1,000 yards for the 4th consecutive year. But he isnt on Scott's Rankings. I know he plays in the Sun Belt and is undersized, but the guy is quick, maybe a Steve Slaton like Runningback.

Just curious if anyone knows anymore info or if Scott can tell me why he isnt even on the rankings

SOMEONE ELSE!!!!! THANK GOD.... i have been trying to get someone elses opinion on him and have even been sluffed off by Scott himself.

I think this guy has potential to make a team as an undrafted free agent and contribute on third downs.

BamaFalcon59
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
He looks huge, but only weighs 205.

Any speed to him? Catching ability? Power?

neko4
01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
He looks huge, but only weighs 185.

Any speed to him? Catching ability? Power?
I usually compare him to Steve Slaton. He definitly is a very big looking 185.

EDIT- Woah, did he gain weight. 5-8 205 is pretty big in a way.

BamaFalcon59
01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I edited it before you posted.

205 is better.

neko4
01-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I edited it before you posted.

205 is better.

I think he played at around 185 up until this year. 205 is a very good weight for a shorter RB.

Plus I believe being short is a huge advantage for RB's. I hate when I read a scouting report for a RB and it says a weakness is that he is short.

Anyway...

Positives: Quick, Fairly powerful. I think he'd be a good fit in a ZBS. Productive. Good vision. Fairly durable and has carried the workload.

Weaknesses: I have a gut feeling he wont time well. Sun Belt conference. Wear and tear. Only 205

BamaFalcon59
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
In a duel back role, maybe.

But smaller backs, even ones with bulk, have not shown the ability to carry the load outside of one or two anomolys.

neko4
01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh I agree, he probably wont ever be a feature back. But definitly a good backup or in a dual back role.

BamaFalcon59
01-26-2009, 07:27 PM
I was referring to the height comment.

Being short can help, but it often times reflects that that runningback can not carry the load. Not at the pro level, anyways.

Prevents lining up wide as well.

They can be good, but they have their advantages and disadvantages.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I probably just care more than most because Fenroy's my boy, but Scott is losing tons of credibility by having some of those guys in his RB rankings ahead of Tyrell, who somehow isn't even on his list. I'd bet my nutsack that he gets drafted, and probably a good bit higher than most people expect. Jason Chery, too.

And anybody who decides to use the fact that he played in the SBC against him needs to just take a quick look at some of the players that conference has put in the league...

neko4
01-27-2009, 11:44 AM
I probably just care more than most because Fenroy's my boy, but Scott is losing tons of credibility by having some of those guys in his RB rankings ahead of Tyrell, who somehow isn't even on his list. I'd bet my nutsack that he gets drafted, and probably a good bit higher than most people expect. Jason Chery, too.

And anybody who decides to use the fact that he played in the SBC against him needs to just take a quick look at some of the players that conference has put in the league...

Leodis McKelvin, Demarcus Ware recently.

Good point, but it seems like Troy is the only real big one. FAU has some guys coming out soon and UL Lafayette has had some good players in the past.