PDA

View Full Version : Rhett Bomar Interview

Scott Wright
11-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I just posted an interview with Sam Houston St. QB Rhett Bomar, who I have rated as the #1 senior signal caller for the 2009 NFL Draft.

You can check it out via the main page:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/

holt_bruce81
11-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Ahhh I want to read it but it still says "Ask Scott"

vidae
11-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Refresh the page. Showed up for me.

holt_bruce81
11-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Refresh the page. Showed up for me.

Thank you kind sir.

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2008, 06:59 AM
It kind of seemed to me like he was being really serious when the questions about OU came up , but towards the end he loosened up a bit once the topic came off of it. Did it seem that way while you were interviewing him Scott? I really liked his answer about playing right away. I liked that he saw it from both perspectives, but he still showed he has the mentality that he wants to do whatever he can whenever he can to help his team. That being said, I doubt he will be put in a position to start right away.

Brent
11-03-2008, 08:42 AM
He seemed to not want to talk about OU at all.

Scott Wright
11-03-2008, 01:50 PM
He seemed to not want to talk about OU at all.

I think that is fair to say. Just reading between the lines when talking to him it sounded like he was still pretty bitter over that whole situation.

Brent
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I think that is fair to say. Just reading between the lines when talking to him it sounded like he was still pretty bitter over that whole situation.
I imagine so. I am curious how he feels about it all because that would certainly reveal a lot about his character, which already seems to be suspect to some.

tEk
11-04-2008, 05:14 AM
I imagine so. I am curious how he feels about it all because that would certainly reveal a lot about his character, which already seems to be suspect to some.
his character may be flawed but the way he answered scott's questions was pure brilliance. smart cat.

Yatta!
11-04-2008, 05:26 AM
He seemed pretty sure that teams would look past his dismissal from OU, do you think that any teams will be put off drafting him because of the incident Scott? He seems to be a smart, mature guy and I wouldn't say that he still has 'character concerns'.

Paul
11-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah, he seems like a smart enough kid. He answered those questions like he's been doing it for years.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, he seems like a smart enough kid. He answered those questions like he's been doing it for years.

He's good at answering questions. I'm sure a ton of people asked him what car was better for them at the dealership.

Scott Wright: Who is the best opposing player you have faced during your career?

Rhett Bomar: Probably Michael Huff from Texas.

Huff daddyy!!!!!

Says his favorite team was the Cowboys. I wouldn't mind having him sit behind Romo for three years and have him develop. God knows we need a good backup.

11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I always had the impression that Bomar wasn't all that bright.

Babylon
11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I always had the impression that Bomar wasn't all that bright.

Seems to me his grade point was fine. Maybe not too bright in the sense that he should have known better. I tend to want to give 18 year olds the benefit of the doubt when it isnt something like beating people with a tire iron or throwing your girlfriend down a flight of stairs.

One thing that i thought of was what if he had stayed at OU for 4 years, with their offense there would we be talking a top 10 pick? Someone could be getting great value in rounds 2-4 on this guy.

LonghornsLegend
11-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Scott Wright: When you get your first NFL paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Rhett Bomar: I have no clue. Who knows how big that paycheck is going to be but Iíll probably want to find a new car. Nothing specific, just something nice.

Now that's some irony :)

He still has a good chance to increase his stock over the off-season if he plays in the EW Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, throw in Combines and Pro Days, but I need to watch more of him this year...I do like the way he answered most of the questions though.