G-Men88
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

CherryGarcia510
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
about ******* time......anderson has cost us too many games

princefielder28
11-03-2008, 04:34 PM
It makes a difference that Quinn is in there and I like the move but the receivers have to make plays otherwise the offense is going nowhere.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26593

keylime_5
11-03-2008, 04:42 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26593

you know that thread was locked a bit ago b/c bond is in denial or something.

Turtlepower
11-03-2008, 04:43 PM
But when the hell did Trent Dilfer become the voice of breaking stories. I agree with JBond when I say that I need more proof before I believe this.

tjsunstein
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
It wont make a difference until Braylon starts catching passes.

locseti
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
...as I was saying.

illmatic74
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
MAybe Braylon Edwards' hands will come back.

locseti
11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
The guy in my fantasy league that has Quinn stashed on his bench thinks hes a guru now. I don't know about the timing - short week, plus most Clevelanders will miss Quinns debut because they don't have NFL Newtork.

tjsunstein
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3680927

Now it's officially on ESPN..

bigbluedefense
Ive been waiting for this. I always thought he was better than Jamarcus Russell. Let's see what he can do.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
The guy in my fantasy league that has Quinn stashed on his bench thinks hes a guru now. I don't know about the timing - short week, plus most Clevelanders will miss Quinns debut because they don't have NFL Newtork.

Sounds like something the Browns would do.

So if you think about it...its perfect timing.

bored of education
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
BT is beating off to this thread

Turtlepower
11-03-2008, 05:07 PM

BT needs Brady Quinn to throw a pass to Greg Oden. Then all of his dreams would come true.

ThePudge
11-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm a Bengals fan in college in Ohio. Naturally I have seen each Browns game in their entirety. I am with the Cleveland fans here, it's about time.

Derek Anderson looks to be a typical one year wonder. Hey, Tommy Maddox had a couple good years in Pittsburgh, but his career is not one to remember.

Though I doubt this is Maddox-Roethlisberger, night and day, it should certainly help the team and brighten the future once again. Derek Anderson didn't have the fans on his side anymore and it began to get ugly. Browns fans began to suddenly blame their losing record solely on Anderson.

I think the promotion of Quinn is going to do wonders for the morale in the locker room and in the stands. It's hard to say what will happen from here, seeing as Quinn hasn't started. Still, this is a good move for the team's future whether the benefits in the standings are seen right away or in 2009-10.

bored of education
BT needs Brady Quinn to throw a pass to Greg Oden. Then all of his dreams would come true.

and Lebron James to kick the extra point

Dr. Gonzo

BT and Severe Punishment are beating off each other to this thread.

Thigamahjigee
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I smoked that reefer with Brady at ND once. Good times.

Rayray52
11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Thank god the browns didnt sign anderson to a big multiyear deal...o wait....

kalbears13
11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I peed my pants when I heard this.

keylime_5
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
as if we didn't need more confirmation. j/k.
http://cle.scout.com/2/807891.html

bored of education
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
They need to bring the Shark in and teach Edwards how to catch.

keylime_5
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank god the browns didnt sign anderson to a big multiyear deal...o wait....

actually they did a pretty smart thing, 3 yrs./$20M, not a big 5+year contract, plus they don't have to pay DA that big roster bonus next spring so they save a lot. It was basically a "you get a big payday if you play well in 08" contract. Brady's contract isn't big at all, all his incentives weren't reached b/c he didn't play at all last year and this year so far so it's not like we have much money tied into our QB position.

keylime_5
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
They need to bring the Shark in and teach Edwards how to catch.

i agree, like stewie giving oboe lessons.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Quinn isn't going to stop Receivers from Getting Staph infections.

And hopefully he convinced Braylon Edwards to stop at Wal-Mart and buy a pair of hands.

Thigamahjigee
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Quinn isn't going to stop Receivers from Getting Staph infections.

And hopefully he convinced Braylon Edwards to stop at Wal-Mart and buy a pair of hands.

I think that 5 hour energy is the demise of Braylon's career.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I think that 5 hour energy is the demise of Braylon's career.

I disagree, I haven't seen him drop a bottle yet.

Trent Dilfer is on ESPN and just ripped Cleveland Browns FO a new one.

Brent
11-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Sonsofbitches, there goes any trade possibilities for Quinn.

illmatic74
11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I think that 5 hour energy is the demise of Braylon's career. Osi Umenyiora as well.

BrownsTown
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Are you watching me? That is uncanny.

Bucs_Rule
11-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Its time to find out what they have with Quinn. They know what they have with Anderson and its nothing special.

A Perfect Score
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Now, as a Ravens fan, im naturally inclined to hate the browns. And I wont lie, i revel in the fact that they probably could have gotten a late first for DA last offseason, had they decided to trade him instead of slapping him with a high tender. BQ was always the best option for them, and again, while Im a ravens fan, I have always liked BQ and felt he should have gone first overall in that draft. Lets see what happens with him in Cleveland...

Loggerhead
11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Anderson has been playing better the past few games. I thought he was starting to turn the corner.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-03-2008, 06:07 PM
About freaking time. Time for Brady to show up JaMarcus and show who really should've went #1 overall.

LonghornsLegend
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
They probably could of found a team to give up a 1st for DA, what was the point of signing him to a huge deal if you were going to be this impatient?

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I find it funny how people can say Quinn was clearly the better option than Anderson even in the pre season. Based on Anderson's performance last year you can't fault them for their decision. Anderson appeared to be the perfect fit. I will laugh greatly if Brady Quinn fails, I have never liked him.

PoopSandwich
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Awesome, when Anderson starts to finally look good (If we didn't collapse yesterday on defense, play calling, and Mr. Edwards then we had one 4 of 5) we replace him.

His team cost him the starting spot, looks like thursday night football is gonna have alot of viewers.

PoopSandwich
11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I disagree, I haven't seen him drop a bottle yet.

Trent Dilfer is on ESPN and just ripped Cleveland Browns FO a new one.

As they deserve, were a joke.

LonghornsLegend
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
It surely won't help Quinn any if Braylon doesn't stop dropping easy passes, seriously I thought it was because he missed the pre-season but he's starting to look alot like Devery Henderson right now...I know he's better then that, but he will have to play better with Quinn at QB or they are going to struggle even more.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Braylon has always had a severe case of the dropsies dating back from college.

Smooth Criminal
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Hes lucky he gets to play that terrible Broncos defense, without Champ. Qb wasn't their only problem, but I'm definately expecting them to be better on offense with Quinn than they were with Anderson.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2008, 06:41 PM
As they deserve, were a joke.

Yeah I was in complete agreement.

Menardo75
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
This was just a matter of time. No matter how good or bad Derek played eventually it was going to be Quinn's job.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-03-2008, 07:01 PM
It surely won't help Quinn any if Braylon doesn't stop dropping easy passes, seriously I thought it was because he missed the pre-season but he's starting to look alot like Devery Henderson right now...I know he's better then that, but he will have to play better with Quinn at QB or they are going to struggle even more.

It doesn't help that Anderson doesn't know what touch is and rockets 99MPH balls all the time.

The Legend
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Do you trade Anderson if Quinn plays well? Who has an 8 million dollar back up?
So whats his trade value with that high of a contract and this low of a season

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Do you trade Anderson if Quinn plays well? Who has an 8 million dollar back up?
So whats his trade value with that high of a contract and this low of a season

I think a team would still be willing to give a 3rd or 4th for Anderson hoping to get a steal. A team like the Vikings, Seahawks, Lions maybe.

Smooth Criminal
11-03-2008, 07:40 PM
His trade value tanked. They likely cut him so they don't have to pay him his bonus that comes up this offseason.

If Quinn chokes, you have to keep both and just go back to the QB competition.

keylime_5
11-03-2008, 07:51 PM
DA is good enough to be a starting QB, he's just really inconsistent and with Quinn he's getting pushed out of town. Minnesota or Kansas City could use him.

Menardo75
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Really sucks how the Browns organization is so motivated by what the media thinks they should do.

G-Men88
11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
So how long till Quinn is a top 5 QB in the league? I think people will realize how good he is in the middle of next year.

Jvig43
11-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Im intrigued to see what he can do. However with Braylon dropping everything thrown his way, I doubt well see that many big plays from him. I hope im wrong tho, always love to see a great Qb come of age in the league.

kalbears13
11-03-2008, 11:24 PM
So how long till Quinn is a top 5 QB in the league? I think people will realize how good he is in the middle of next year.

Once he steps on to the field. You're talking all-time right?

Malaka
11-03-2008, 11:30 PM
I liked Brady Quinn a lot more than J-Russ, so I hope he proves the Raiders wrong, imagine if Lane Kiffin had any say in the Raiders acquisitions... no crappy Javon Walker, no D-Hall, Glenn Dorsey and Brady Quinn. I like that better except for Dorsey I'd rather have DMC, even though Oakland has some pretty capable RBs.

PoopSandwich
11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Really sucks how the Browns organization is so motivated by what the media thinks they should do.

If it was the media and fans Quinn would have started game one of last year, or game two...

If it was the media and fans Quinn would have started after the Cowboys loss, after the Steelers loss, after the Ravens loss, after the Bengals win, after the Redskins loss etc...

I heard people in the bathroom at the MNF game against the Giants saying "If Quinn was in we would be playing better."

People are stupid.

G-Men88
11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Once he steps on to the field. You're talking all-time right?

Of course.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I always find it funny when people come out and say

"Well i always liked ___X___ player before this..."

soybean
11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
i never liked quinn but for some reason i can't see him failing.

Mr. Stiller
11-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Who's the 3rd string QB?

How long until Browns fans are calling back for Dorsey.

With K2 almost being invisible, Stallworth being injured again(Gosh who could've seen that one coming), and JJ With a staph infection..

His only target, can't catch.

Shane P. Hallam
11-04-2008, 01:49 AM
you know that thread was locked a bit ago b/c bond is in denial or something.

Because:

1. There was no link to anything.

2. At that time, Romeo had just said Anderson was their QB for now.

And Dilfer just bashed the decision saying as a bad team, you never change your QB (no joke).

Gay Ork Wang
11-04-2008, 06:45 AM
The Real problem is Kevin Winslow!!!
they are 1-5 with winslow, 2-0 without

Sniper
11-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Braylon will start caring again!

For as much **** as he takes for the dropsies, he's still an elite deep threat in this league.

BrownsTown
11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
So people call for Quinn and when they put him in they're dumbasses for replacing Anderson?

Anderson isn't going to change. He's not. He's an inconsistent QB and he always will be. Quinn provides stability, or at least he will once he gets some starting experience.

Bengalsrocket
11-04-2008, 07:47 AM
So people call for Quinn and when they put him in they're dumbasses for replacing Anderson?

Anderson isn't going to change. He's not. He's an inconsistent QB and he always will be. Quinn provides stability, or at least he will once he gets some starting experience.

Did you use an 8 ball or just plain ol' fashion magic to see the future?

bored of education
11-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Stability like completing 47.5% against decent opponets in college!!!!!

!8ball is Brady Quinn teh suxxorzx

keylime_5
11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Because:

1. There was no link to anything.

2. At that time, Romeo had just said Anderson was their QB for now.

And Dilfer just bashed the decision saying as a bad team, you never change your QB (no joke).

yea, i was just pickin'.

I think it's interesting Dilfer has it out for the Browns. he says never change QBs unless you're a good team and the QB is holding you back . Well bingo Trent, if we had a good QB then we wouldn't have lost to Washington, Baltimore, or maybe even Pittsburgh.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 09:39 AM

For as much **** as he takes for the dropsies, he's still an elite deep threat in this league.

He's worthless as a deep-threat if he can't catch the deep ball. Which he has shown on more than one occasion that he can't do it consistently.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
He's worthless as a deep-threat if he can't catch the deep ball. Which he has shown on more than one occasion that he can't do it consistently.

17.6 yards per catch. Um yeah, he's a deep threat.

keylime_5
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
That deep pass that slipped through his paws against Baltimore made me sick. How hard can it be to catch a football if you get paid that much. How many guys are there in the NFL who can't get open like Braylon can catch those passes? It's like Braylon will make a spectacular leaping acrobatic Cris Carter catch and then drop three easy passes. If he catches all his drops last year his stats would've been even more sick.

ElectricEye
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
I don't really see any reason Quinn isn't capable of playing well. He might not put up 300/3 right away, but he should be pretty good. A lot better when the guys who are coming of injuries get healthy again.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:02 AM
17.6 yards per catch. Um yeah, he's a deep threat.

Yeah, you're right, i forgot that stats are the be all end all for player analysis. Thanks for the correction Snipe.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah, you're right, i forgot that stats are the be all end all for player analysis. Thanks for the correction Snipe.

You should be thankful. There's no ******* way you can average over 17 yards per catch and not ******* be considered a deep threat. That's just ********.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
You should be thankful. There's no ******* way you can average over 17 yards per catch and not ******* be considered a deep threat. That's just ********.

Well Devery Henderson and Bernard Berrian are also "deep threats", so take that for whatever that title is worth.

Also, if stone hands Edwards wouldn't drop so many balls on the inside his YPC wouldn't be so high. He's just not very good this year.

keylime_5
11-04-2008, 10:16 AM
edwards is one of the best freakin' deep threats in the game. he just doesn't catch all that well.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:19 AM
edwards is one of the best freakin' deep threats in the game. he just doesn't catch all that well.

And i revert you to my original post!

Some homers tend to change the post up to benefit their rebuttal. But you're a cool homer.

G-Men88
11-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Stability like completing 47.5% against decent opponets in college!!!!!

!8ball is Brady Quinn teh suxxorzx

It's kinda hard to be real excellent in games where your defense puts you in an early hole, bad field position and the offensive line doesn't want to block.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Well Devery Henderson and Bernard Berrian are also "deep threats", so take that for whatever that title is worth.

Bernard Berrian leads the league in YPC for receivers with at least 30 catches, and Henderson would blow him out of the water if he had 30 catches. Not sure where you're going with this.

Also, if stone hands Edwards wouldn't drop so many balls on the inside his YPC wouldn't be so high. He's just not very good this year.

So why was his YPC last year 16.1? Why has it never been under 14.5?

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Bernard Berrian leads the league in YPC for receivers with at least 30 catches, and Henderson would blow him out of the water if he had 30 catches. Not sure where you're going with this.

That neither of those guys are very good WR's, both who would be considered "deep threats" by your standards. That both have high YPC's, and i'd choose about thirty guys before i picked either one of them. Just goes to show that to me, YPC means jack ****. Would you like for me to draw a picture?

So why was his YPC last year 16.1? Why has it never been under 14.5?

I don't care if his YPC is two thousand. My original post said that he's worthless as a deep threat if he can't catch the deep ball. He dropped a huge pass against the Ravens, and dropped about two touchdowns against Dallas. Not to mention the countless drops he has had in the middle of the field.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 10:38 AM
That neither of those guys are very good WR's, both who would be considered "deep threats" by your standards. That both have high YPC's, and i'd choose about thirty guys before i picked either one of them. Just goes to show that to me, YPC means jack ****. Would you like for me to draw a picture?

YPC is one of the most important stats for a receiver. Who gives a **** if you have 100 receptions for 678 yards? Anyone can do that. Why do you think 99% of elite receivers have high YPC? Coincidence?

I don't care if his YPC is two thousand. My original post said that he's worthless as a deep threat if he can't catch the deep ball. He dropped a huge pass against the Ravens, and dropped about two touchdowns against Dallas. Not to mention the countless drops he has had in the middle of the field.

But he's not worthless as a deep threat. If you can average 17 yards per catch, you're clearly stretching the defense and opening up the underneath stuff for your tight ends, slot receivers, running backs etc...Being a deep threat isn't just catching your occasional 60 yard bomb downfield. If you catch a 30 yard post, that's pretty important too, no?

Rayray52
11-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Dont Waste Your Workout

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:43 AM
YPC is one of the most important stats for a receiver. Who gives a **** if you have 100 receptions for 678 yards? Anyone can do that. Why do you think 99% of elite receivers have high YPC? Coincidence?

No, not anyone can do that. Only a guy with good hands can do that. Braylon Edwards will never have a 100 catch season if he plays anywhere near the level he is right now. The offensive scheme and how players are used has so much to do in YPC that it makes it less meaningful to me. I honestly don't give a crap about YPC.

But he's not worthless as a deep threat. If you can average 17 yards per catch, you're clearly stretching the defense and opening up the underneath stuff for your tight ends, slot receivers, running backs etc...Being a deep threat isn't just catching your occasional 60 yard bomb downfield. If you catch a 30 yard post, that's pretty important too, no?

So if you catch a thirty yard post, then you drop two or three 10 yard slants or outs, does the post route negate the drops? Moving the chains and getting tough yards inside is just as important, if not more, than occasionally catching a long pass.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 10:46 AM
76.9% of Braylon's catches this year have gone for first downs. The only players with at least 25 catches with a higher first down % are Vincent Jackson (90%! Damn!), Lee Evans and Steve Smith.

So much for that "not moving the chains" ********.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Lol, and you think that 26 catches is a good assessment of a player?

11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, YAC > YPC. Personally, YPC is a good assessment but certainly not the only one when it comes to a great receiver.

CC.SD
11-04-2008, 11:11 AM
76.9% of Braylon's catches this year have gone for first downs. The only players with at least 25 catches with a higher first down % are Vincent Jackson (90%! Damn!), Lee Evans and Steve Smith.

Sounds about right, he's been pretty money down the field, he's finally using his arms and his height more, the guy is 6'5 and can get down the field. He has been developing for a while now but no homer, I think his ceiling will be very high.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Lol, and you think that 26 catches is a good assessment of a player?

I didn't say he's not struggling to catch the ball. He's just not the epic fail you're trying to make him out to be.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I didn't say he's not struggling to catch the ball. He's just not the epic fail you're trying to make him out to be.

The only person that thought my post insinuated he was an "epic fail" was you. But then again, straw man fallacies are no strangers to your arguments.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
The only person that thought my post insinuated he was an "epic fail" was you. But then again, straw man fallacies are no strangers to your arguments.

Says the guy who thinks Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady.

11-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lol you guys make me laugh sometimes. :)

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Is there supposed to be some subtle irony in this post, or do you really refuse to use any logic whatsoever in your discussions on this board?

bored of education
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Is there supposed to be some subtle irony in this post, or do you really refuse to use any logic whatsoever in your discussions on this board?

SPELLCHECK HIS ASS SNIPER! :)

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm un-spellcheckable :D

Sniper
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM

No, I have logic. What I don't have is a post questioning someone's logic after I make a ridiculous claim, such as "Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady".

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 12:05 PM
No, I have logic. What I don't have is a post questioning someone's logic after I make a ridiculous claim, such as "Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady".

No, you don't. Attacking the credibility of my opinion, simply because you disagree with a previous opinion of mine, which holds no regard whatsoever in this discussion, is absolutely illogical. There's no way around that, buddy. Like i said, you make your living using illogical arguments, so it's not something unexpected. But don't deny it either.

BrownsTown
11-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Dont Waste Your Workout

http://www.affordablesupplements.com/affordablesupplements.com/images/eas_brady_wallpaper.JPG

Now I'm done.

awfullyquiet
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.affordablesupplements.com/affordablesupplements.com/images/eas_brady_wallpaper.JPG

Now I'm done.

i think he has a codpiece in that one.

Jvig43
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM

Im sorry as a Fantasy owner of Edwards i strongly disagree.

Turtlepower
11-04-2008, 01:57 PM

And Why the **** does the one game he shows up in has to be against the Giants???? Oh well, time for Braylon to go for 200 yards against the Eagles!!!

Menardo75
11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Sounds about right, he's been pretty money down the field, he's finally using his arms and his height more, the guy is 6'5 and can get down the field. He has been developing for a while now but no homer, I think his ceiling will be very high.

He looks a lot thinner this year, and more explosive. I was waiting for him to breakout, always had the talent to be a very good WR.

PoopSandwich
11-04-2008, 05:12 PM

If Edwards was an OSU receiver playing for the Browns he would be "A pathetic excuse of a #1 receiver that makes tough catches but drops so many and is a complete choke"

PoopSandwich
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM

Braylon also leads the league in "official" dropped passes and is on pace to set a record.

aNYtitan
11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
And so the Brady Quinn era begins....

I can't wait, and I hope he lives up to the Carson Palmer comparisons I made for him coming out of college (well minus the injuries and headcase receivers)

PoopSandwich
11-04-2008, 08:26 PM
And so the Brady Quinn era begins....

I can't wait, and I hope he lives up to the Carson Palmer comparisons I made for him coming out of college (well minus the injuries and headcase receivers)

Headcase receivers... Check... Injuries ???

keylime_5
11-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Braylon also leads the league in "official" dropped passes and is on pace to set a record.

he has half as many drops as he does catches. That's really terrible. It's like 12 drops to 26 catches.

aNYtitan
11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Headcase receivers... Check... Injuries ???
Well i should have edited it for singular..injury..
That knee injury against the steelers in the playoffs have cut back on the mobility he had coming out of college, and it was that ability to move out of the pocket well and throw it down field that made him a top 3 QB at the time.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM

Just Braylon's not so subtle way of making the league fair for a season.

PoopSandwich
11-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Just Braylon's not so subtle way of making the league fair for a season.

lol that sounds like something I would say about K2.