PDA

View Full Version : Leon Washington... Does he derserve more respect?

katnip
11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Does everything for the Jets. Kickoff returns, punt returns, runs it, screen plays, etc. Not saying he's a, #1 type back, but...

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Umm.. okay?

Care to explain WHY you feel he either does/doesn't deserve more respect?

katnip
11-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Umm... I pretty much said why

Rayray52
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Hes a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball and a great return man but he hasnt shown any type of consistancy that would warrant a ton of acclaim outside of the return game.

katnip
11-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Yea, true. But I never hear his name as being just okay or good. On any board. Even though I don't post a lot.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Umm.. sure, he does it, but is he good at it? Show something to back your statement up. What if he has a 3.1 ypc, 5 PRA, 12 KRA, yet he does all of those things for the Jets. Does that make him good?

Geez, it would only take a few more minutes to go to nfl.com and get all that info, and it would prevent you from sounding like a __(insert infraction worthy insult)___.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I see him every week. Im a huge fan, and think he should be much more involved in the offense.

I was a big fan since they drafted him. He's a playmaker. He just doesn't get a chance. Him and Jerious Norwood are the 2 most underutilized playmakers in the game.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I see him every week. Im a huge fan, and think he should be much more involved in the offense.

I was a big fan since they drafted him. He's a playmaker. He just doesn't get a chance. Him and Jerious Norwood are the 2 most underutilized playmakers in the game.

Add one more.. Under utilized player.. Bradshaw for us. I like him the best out of all of our backs. I would go Bradshaw, Ward, and then Jacobs. I think Bradshaw is the total package and actually can catch the ball!

bigbluedefense
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Add one more.. Under utilized player.. Bradshaw for us. I like him the best out of all of our backs. I would go Bradshaw, Ward, and then Jacobs. I think Bradshaw is the total package and actually can catch the ball!

i agree, but let's not make this about the Giants lol.

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Please, for once.

bored of education
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
He is a very good complimentary back and a great ST guy.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
He was the Jets team MVP last season for a reason (part of that reason being the team wasn't very good). He's he is very good at what he does, although he can't be anything more than 10 carries a game realistically. He is great to have as a change of pace, great on screens, and awesome on ST. Certainly deserves the respect he gets on the team, and i'd say is worth knowing by other teams.

I do agree that many other teams have a player of similar respect, Sproles, Norwood, etc. So although I agree that Washington is great and i love him on the Jets, there are other comparable players who deserve equal respect. I will say that i hear about Norwood and Sproles more than Washington though.