PDA

View Full Version : Graham Harrell

Loggerhead
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM
After watching the Texas game I was impressed. I had not seen TT play this year and was under the impression that their offense was just Harrell to Crabtree. I knew they had a prolific offense but I thought Texas would get pressure on Harrell and force him into bad throws. Harrell impressed me with his elusiveness and mobility in the pocket and threw some bullets in the middle of the field. He struck me as a smart QB with good vision and seems like a great fit for a WCO. He showed good velocity and accuracy on 10-15 yard throws and made good decisions against a solid defense. Maybe a Minnesota or Seattle should draft him. I saw a late 3rd-early 4th round QB who with 2-3 years on the bench could turn into a Garcia type QB. Like Garcia he has a thin build and is 205 lbs and is very mobile. Thoughts?

MetSox17
11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Um, Graham Harrell is not mobile. Texas Tech's offensive line is just pretty good. The reason he seemed mobile is because the guys up front got mauled, without a blitz. Every time Muschamp blitzed, they got to Harrell, but the way Tech's offense is schemed, it makes it extremely easy to get rid of the ball quickly, thus making it extremely hard for a team to blitz on them. I'm still not sold on Harrell as an NFL quarterback, although he could be a pet project to a team in the later rounds.

the_legend_killer
11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't mind Minnesota taking a mid-round flier on him. Although to whomever picks him I think it's crucial that he be able to sit and watch for a year or two. Coming from a Spread Offense to an NFL Style Offense would require that kind of grace period.

fenikz
11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I still say he is a Kurt Warner clone

Harrell 6'3 205
Warner 6'2 210

both have quick releases and trust their WR's to make plays

Turtlepower
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
He does have one of the better nicknames in college.

Rayray52
11-04-2008, 05:41 PM
The difference between Harrell and Warner is that Warner had a rocket launcher attached to his shoulder....Harrell.....not so much.

BuddyCHRIST
11-04-2008, 05:44 PM
He looks pretty good, and certainly better than any other TTU QB, but he's still a major project having played out of that system his whole career. He's certainly a mid to late round draftable prospect who could be a backup for a while.

fenikz
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I haven't seen this rocket attached to Warner's arm then again this isn't 1999

Loggerhead
11-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Warner also has a major fumbling problem and came over from NFL Europe while Harrell should be drafted. Keep in mind that I've only seen one of TT's games but from one I saw Harrell moved around pretty well in the pocket.

ChezPower4
11-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Graham Harrell= David Klingler

bored of education
11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Graham Harrell=Justin Harrell playing QB

Cigaro
11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I do like his overall throwing ability, especially ability to hit routes at perfect time.

However, removing the Air Raid from his brain is likely his biggest obstacle.

toddmlazarchick
11-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Um, Graham Harrell is not mobile. Texas Tech's offensive line is just pretty good. The reason he seemed mobile is because the guys up front got mauled, without a blitz. Every time Muschamp blitzed, they got to Harrell, but the way Tech's offense is schemed, it makes it extremely easy to get rid of the ball quickly, thus making it extremely hard for a team to blitz on them. I'm still not sold on Harrell as an NFL quarterback, although he could be a pet project to a team in the later rounds.

Boy someone sounds bitter!:rolleyes:

holt_bruce81
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Kind of reminds me of a lesser talented version of Phillip Rivers, if that makes any sense.

11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Kind of reminds me of a lesser talented version of Phillip Rivers, if that makes any sense.

You mean a poor man's version of Rivers ? I don't know about that. Rivers is playing possessed this season and is currently the league's highest rated passer with a QB rating of 107.8.

tjsunstein
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
3rd Round Pick. Easily.

SenorGato
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I was impressed by him too. Looks like a good mid-round prospect with alot of good habits. He's been a well coached QB, system or no system.

His physical tools aren't bad at all either, but mostly I like him because he's smart.

ChezPower4
11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
3rd Round Pick. Easily.

Way to high, I'd agree with that if he had a really strong arm, which he doesn't. We also can't for get that the spread offense gives him much bigger wiindows to throw the ball and I still don't think that a guy labeled as a "system QB" is going to be drafted that high. Especialy out of a Mike Leach system.

SuperKevin
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Except with out all the size of Rivers. Rivers is like 6'5" 225