PDA

View Full Version : Maclin will return if heís not a first-round pick

holt_bruce81
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/873526.html

Missouri All-American Jeremy Maclin will return for his junior season in 2009 unless he is assured of being a first-round pick in the NFL draft next summer.

ďAny sophomore or junior who leaves early and doesnít go in the first round, thatís not a very smart decision,Ē Maclin said Monday.

I guess I'll say bye bye right now.

Twister18
11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I can't see him slipping into round 2.

CashmoneyDrew
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Yup. He's a goner after this season then.

LonghornsLegend
11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Basically, he's probably a good bet for a top 15 selection, let alone slipping out of the 1st.

keylime_5
11-04-2008, 05:12 PM
top 25 maybe top 20 lock. I expect him to be probably the 2nd WR taken after Crabtree, and it's not a lock that he won't be the first WR taken even so, and definitely a great chance is there for him to be a probably top 15 pick.

Bengals78
11-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Barring freak injury he is gone.

Splat
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Mid first round for sure IMO.

Rayray52
11-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Hes slipped to #2 in the rankings because of how good Crabtree has been but no way in hell he falls past teams like the Ravens, Titans or Buccaneers

Go_Eagles77
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
He hopefully wouldn't fall past the eagles.

Rayray52
11-04-2008, 05:43 PM
The eagles seem to hate drafting WR's even though thats been there most pressing need for like....10 years (Owens years not included) and finally took a plunge last year with great success (jackson) i doubt they use another early round pick this year.

Mr. Stiller
11-04-2008, 05:54 PM
This is just me... but isn't it too late to "Not come out" if you know where you're going in the draft?

SuperKevin
11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
This is just me... but isn't it too late to "Not come out" if you know where you're going in the draft?

He's saying if he gets a 1st round projection from BLESTO.

d34ng3l021
11-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing him in Red and Black. He is electric. Give him a good WR coach and he has potential to be a top WR.

holt_bruce81
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing him in Red and Black. He is electric. Give him a good WR coach and he has potential to be a top WR.

Ryan to Maclin.......has a nice ring to it.

d34ng3l021
11-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Ryan to Maclin.......has a nice ring to it.

Yeah. I dont know how defenses would stop Maclin, White with Turner and Norwood.

Yatta!
11-04-2008, 06:40 PM
There are too many teams in need of a starting WR for him to stay in school.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
He's saying if he gets a 1st round projection from BLESTO.

Which will be interesting, because the past has shown that the Draft Committee is pretty conservative with their projections. A lot of players who would reasonably be considered great shots to get picked in the first round receive second round projections, and as far as I can tell the Committee doesn't give anywhere near to 32 first round projections (I'd be surprised if they even gave 1/3 that total).

Therefore, it's going to be have to be partially up to some agent to convince Maclin that he's both likely to jump into the first round and that BLESTO is just being cautious.

I expect him to leave school early, but it definitely isn't a lock.

ChezPower4
11-04-2008, 06:52 PM
There are too many teams in need of a starting WR for him to stay in school.

Not only that but this years class of senior WRs is nothing to write home about. With that said I'd be really surpised if he doesn't give up his elligability and jump to the NFL.

bored of education
11-04-2008, 06:57 PM
He will be a 1st rounder, I saw it in my dream last night

Beans
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
He will be a 1st rounder, I saw it in my dream last night

did you dream it in your head

d34ng3l021
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Which will be interesting, because the past has shown that the Draft Committee is pretty conservative with their projections. A lot of players who would reasonably be considered great shots to get picked in the first round receive second round projections, and as far as I can tell the Committee doesn't give anywhere near to 32 first round projections (I'd be surprised if they even gave 1/3 that total).

Therefore, it's going to be have to be partially up to some agent to convince Maclin that he's both likely to jump into the first round and that BLESTO is just being cautious.

I expect him to leave school early, but it definitely isn't a lock.

This is actually very true. Hope he realizes with his combine work outs he will jump a round from that projection.

Go_Eagles77
11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Can't you still go back to school after the draft and enter the draft the next year? I may be wrong though.

bored of education
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
did you dream it in your head

no my left foot

BPhilb
11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Can't you still go back to school after the draft and enter the draft the next year? I may be wrong though.

Only in the NBA draft.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM

No that's the NBA, and only if you didn't hire an agent.

thebow305
11-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, if that's the case, he's probably going to have to hear it from someone other than the NFL Draft Advisory people because they don't seem to ever rate guys that high anymore. They had Gholston pegged as a 2nd rounder last year I believe. While that seems fair now, it seemed ludicrous to most at the time.

gator3guy
11-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Well, if that's the case, he's probably going to have to hear it from someone other than the NFL Draft Advisory people because they don't seem to ever rate guys that high anymore. They had Gholston pegged as a 2nd rounder last year I believe. While that seems fair now, it seemed ludicrous to most at the time.

This guy is one hell of a threat with and without the ball in his hands. Seems like he's gliding out there. Can't wait to see what this guy does at the next level and how the team that drafts him utilizes his talent. I sure hope they let him return kicks also because that is a sight to see.

eaglesalltheway
11-05-2008, 06:35 AM
The eagles seem to hate drafting WR's even though thats been there most pressing need for like....10 years (Owens years not included) and finally took a plunge last year with great success (jackson) i doubt they use another early round pick this year.

Agreed, we will not be drafting Maclin unless Moore, Mays, Gresham, Pettigrew, Coffman, and all of the top OTs are gone.

Larry121283
11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Both he and Crabtree are rated very evenly to me. Kid is a stud. Love his movement in open field and his ability to make people miss.

Sure fire first rounder...the only question is...how high?

With teams seeing these "second round" wide receivers making an impact from the 08 draft, they won't miss out on a chance on kids at the WR position again.

ChezPower4
11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Both he and Crabtree are rated very evenly to me. Kid is a stud. Love his movement in open field and his ability to make people miss.

Sure fire first rounder...the only question is...how high?

With teams seeing these "second round" wide receivers making an impact from the 08 draft, they won't miss out on a chance on kids at the WR position again.

I think that your right about Maclin being a first rounder but I don't think that he's a better prospect than Crabtree.

SuperKevin
11-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Crabtree is the most pro ready of them and has the least risk but I love the potential of Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Jimmy
11-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Maclin is explosive, yet i don't see him being an effective wide out. maybe kick returner. why should i believe otherwise? what does he offer in terms of hands?

gator3guy
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Crabtree is the most pro ready of them and has the least risk but I love the potential of Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Not trying to take this off topic but it's crazy to think this is only Crabtree's second full season playing WR. How good can this guy get?

winwin07
11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
He is a lot stronger than most realize. Daniel has underthrown him many times and he's made great adjustments back to the ball, demonstrating elite athleticism and hands. I think if anything he is underrated because some look at him as a pure finesse and speed receiver with no strength and physicality in his game, something that's far from the truth.

Larry121283
11-06-2008, 08:28 AM
I think that your right about Maclin being a first rounder but I don't think that he's a better prospect than Crabtree.
Draft is full of opinions. Mine is that they are both rated very evenly. They are different players.

P-L
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I think Maclin is pretty easily a 1st Round pick. Although the fact that the advisory committee might not give him a grade that high, is an interesting point.

SuperKevin
11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I think Maclin is pretty easily a 1st Round pick. Although the fact that the advisory committee might not give him a grade that high, is an interesting point.

They'll probably see him as more of a return man out of the gate and give him like a 3rd round grade

CroomDawgs
11-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Maclin to me is a more polished Ted Ginn at this point. Lots of the same attributes but Maclin runs superb routes, mush better than Ginn when he was at OSU

Sniper
11-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Agreed, we will not be drafting Maclin unless Moore, Mays, Gresham, Pettigrew, Coffman, and all of the top OTs are gone.

The Eagles will not go after a receiver in round 1. You have to figure they will trade at least one of their two first rounders, and there's no way all of the top TE/OT/S will be gone.

ElectricEye
11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
He'll come out then. Despite the grade the advisory board will give him, agents will be well aware he'll go much higher.

Menardo75
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah he is gone. With this year being a weak class of senior WR's there is no way he gets out of the first.

Ravens1991
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
I have not gotten to see him play this year, and the Ravens need a WR. Can someone give me a comparison for him.