PDA

View Full Version : 2 poll questions about QB's and front offices.

Halsey
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
1. If you were building a team and could have any QB in the league to build around for the next 10+ years, who would it be?

I'm taking Matt Ryan because I'm a raging homer.

2, Is anyone else even in the conversation with Thomas Dimitroff for whatever they call that award given to the best front office guy every year?

tjsunstein
11-04-2008, 10:58 PM
1. If you were building a team and could have any QB in the league to build around for the next 10+ years, who would it be?

I'm taking Matt Ryan because I'm a raging homer.

2, Is anyone else even in the conversation with Thomas Dimitroff for whatever they call that award given to the best front office guy every year?

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Whoever is the FO for the Titans..

renegade
11-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm taking Matt Ryan and I'm taking the Titan's FO

Sniper
11-04-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm taking Matt Ryan and I'm taking the Titan's FO

Titans' FO, not Titan's. I'm gonna kill the next person who can't use an apostrophe correctly.

Yes, Matt Ryan for QB, and the Titans' FO.

d34ng3l021
11-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Titans' FO? Really? I dont know...

1. Look at sig.

2. Colts' FO

I edited this post to add the apostrophe.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Wait, I'm dumb. Give me New England's FO.

d34ng3l021
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Wait, I'm dumb. Give me New England's FO.

I thought about that, but I dont particularly like their recent drafts and inablity to pay players. Asante Samuels would have been worth the money in their scheme. If I have a perfect fit, I will pay the man.

Sniper
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I thought about that, but I dont particularly like their recent drafts and inablity to pay players. Asante Samuels would have been worth the money in their scheme. If I have a perfect fit, I will pay the man.

Samuel, not Samuels. I can't tell you how many people don't even know the man's real name.

I'll take New England's method of winning three rings over Indy's method of winning one.

steelersfan43
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
I will take LaMarr Woodley at qb, he could do it, (he knows what the pass rushers are thinking)

If anyone didnt realize, im making fun of the guy who said they should put qbs at de because they know what the qbs are thinking.

Twiddler
11-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I'll take Aaron Rodgers but I'm a homer when it comes to that. FO? I'm not really sure. I see that the Titans are being mentioned and that makes sense but what about the Giants?

Dr. Gonzo
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I would have to say Phillip Rivers and the New England FO. Sure they have made a few questionable decisions but they have just been so damn good for so damn long.

d34ng3l021
11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Samuel, not Samuels. I can't tell you how many people don't even know the man's real name.

I'll take New England's method of winning three rings over Indy's method of winning one.

Yeah. I don't really care about his name too much. Sorry :/

I really like Colts' drafts.

Rivers is an excellent pick.

TaylorMade
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
P. Rivers and the Giants FO.

Bruce Banner
11-05-2008, 12:31 AM
If anyone didnt realize, im making fun of the guy who said they should put qbs at de because they know what the qbs are thinking.

Did this happen?

d34ng3l021
11-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I think that draft dude said stuff like that?

illmatic74
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I still like Jay Cutler with his recent struggles and the Colts FO

Pb&j
11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
I would probably take Ben Roethlesberger as my quarterback.
Bill Polian as my GM. No question at all. He built the Bills' powerhouse teams, put the expansion Panthers in the NFC championship game after two years and built the Colts.

BlindSite
11-05-2008, 01:35 AM
I'd take Bill Polian, or Marty Hurney and to build I'd take either Matty Ice, Aaron Rodgers or Jason Campbell.

tjsunstein
11-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Brett Favre and the Raiders FO. Definitely.

tjsunstein
11-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Did this happen?

Haha I didnt even notice until you pointed it out. How did you come about to noticing that? lol

Bruce Banner
11-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Haha I didnt even notice until you pointed it out. How did you come about to noticing that? lol

Because I do it sometimes.

see?

giantsfan
11-05-2008, 04:44 AM
1. Jay Cutler, I love Eli and he's clutch but Cutler has the ability to be prolific and carry his team when he has no help more regularly.

2. Jerry Reece, loose 1 Hall of Fame DE to retirement and one All-Pro caliber DE to injury and still have a top defense? That kind of depth doesn't just happen, add to that he's got us Three deep at RB, 6 deep at WR and a versatile oline, and Reece deserves mad props for the team he's put together.

Bengalsrocket
11-05-2008, 06:35 AM
If my homerism didn't take over and force me to take Palmer, then I would take Phillip Rivers & Bill Polian.

bored of education
11-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Big Ben or Cutlers and Colts/Patriots FO

Yatta!
11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Rodgers for homerism, otherwise Big Ben. Pats FO.

And wasn't the original question who should win the 'Best-GM award' or whatever this year? As thats gotta be Dimitroff.

tylerb929
11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
1. Trent Edwards
2. For this year its got to be the Falcons FO, but overall I'd take Bill Polian.

Halsey
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow, not even one Eli vote? I know he has his bad games, but he's gotta be doing something right to be a Super Bowl winning QB on a team that has proved it wasn't a fluke by being really good this year. He's on track to throw for like 3,500 yards and 25 TD's this season. Oh, and he's proven he can do it with Plaxico and Tyree missing games.

Sniper
11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow, not even one Eli vote? I know he has his bad games, but he's gotta be doing something right to be a Super Bowl winning QB on a team that has proved it wasn't a fluke by being really good this year. He's on track to throw for like 3,500 yards and 25 TD's this season. Oh, and he's proven he can do it with Plaxico and Tyree missing games.

Tyree is not ******* good! He made one play. Congrats. He still sucks as a receiver.

Turtlepower
11-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Tyree is not ******* good! He made one play. Congrats. He still sucks as a receiver.

Yeah, him mentioning Tyree just means he knows absolutely nothing about the Giants.

MetSox17
11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Give me Philip Rivers or Matt Ryan. Probably Matt Ryan.

And i'll take the San Diego front office.

UK_Cheesehead
11-05-2008, 01:18 PM
QB is a really interesting debate, I think you can make cases for several young QB's out there at the moment.

I'd go for Rivers to build the team around, I personally think out of all the class of young QB's there are, Rivers, Cutler, Ben, Eli, Rodgers, Ryan, Campbell etc. Rivers will have the best career. I like Cutler a lot but ultimately I think Rivers will just always be that little bit better than him. Ben takes too long to get rid of the ball and I think the heat his O-Line has took is starting to show it hasn't just been them. Eli after last year's playoff run has really matured into a solid QB, but I still have the question mark on him personally. Obviously as a Packers fan I'm very very happy with Rodgers and think he's a solid QB but will he ever make it to elite status? I'm not sure. Ryan has obviously started very well to his rookie career, but it's only 8/9? games in? Not enough time to compare him to Rivers, Eli, Ben etc. yet in my opinion. Campbell looks well set in Zorn's offense, and the amount of interceptions (or lack of) has been very impressive, but I don't rate him in the league of some of the QB's I've already mentioned.

The front office is tough for me as I haven't been following long, but from what I've seen I would pick it out of the Pats and Colts.

I'd have to go for the Pats in the end, they just seem to know how to do it, they draft well and seem to do the right things in free agency, Moss being the prime example with that steal from the Raiders. The Colts are pretty similar, draft well and makes the right noises in free agency, but as someone already said (Sniper I think) 3 rings over 1 would tip it for me.

QB: Rivers
F/O: Pats

Halsey
11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, him mentioning Tyree just means he knows absolutely nothing about the Giants.
Lay off the dumb comments, ladies. I didn't say Tyree was their go to WR. I'm just pointing out Eli has had to deal with losses in the WR corps. Now let's stick to the topic and not turn this into another one of these 'I know more than you' arguments that you messageboard hermits love to have. Get some sun and stop being angry. :)

Halsey
11-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh, and the front office award is a annual annual. People are talking about what front offices did in past years. I'm pretty sure the criteria is based on what's been done since March. The Falcons should get it right now for getting the Raiders to trade a 2nd for DeOverratedelo Hall. :D

yourfavestoner
11-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Lay off the dumb comments, ladies. I didn't say Tyree was their go to WR. I'm just pointing out Eli has had to deal with losses in the WR corps. Now let's stick to the topic and not turn this into another one of these 'I know more than you' arguments that you messageboard hermits love to have. Get some sun and stop being angry. :)

You're my new favorite poster.

awfullyquiet
11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
can i pick ryan clady and indy's front office?
please?

CashmoneyDrew
11-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Jay Cutler
My own FO

steelersfan43
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Did this happen?
Yes it did, It was about terrelle Pryor, the guy made a thread and compared his measurables to julius pepper's and said he would be a great DE because he would know what the QB was thinking. He also suggested that they should do with to all strong/mobile qbs

PACKmanN
11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Give me Big Ben and the Ravens' FO.

scottyboy
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
1. Jay Cutler, I love Eli and he's clutch but Cutler has the ability to be prolific and carry his team when he has no help more regularly.

2. Jerry Reece, loose 1 Hall of Fame DE to retirement and one All-Pro caliber DE to injury and still have a top defense? That kind of depth doesn't just happen, add to that he's got us Three deep at RB, 6 deep at WR and a versatile oline, and Reece deserves mad props for the team he's put together.

do you hate the letter s or something?

gimme Eli and Reese, ftw!

yea, I'm a homer, so what