PDA

View Full Version : Ciron Black

renegade
11-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Top OT prospect from LSU, Black is similar to William Thomas(IMO) without the injury issues. Black is a mauler in the run game and plays extremely well in one of the toughest divisions in college football, the SEC and it should be noted that he has been the bookend LT for LSU since being a freshman. He is a proto-type LT at 65 and 325 lbs. Hes athletic for his size and he plays mean, I think that he could be the best OT to come out of the draft. The reason he might fall is because there are a ton of OT prospects in the draft, more quality than it has had in recent memory, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Ciron Andre Smith, and Jason Smith so Ciron Black gets lost in translation a little bit. But all physical tools aside, while doing research on him I stumbled across a story.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ciron010508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just read it, Ciron Black is now one of my favorite prospects in this draft, Extremely high character guy. Like I said he is the lost behind all those other top OT prospects but I think that Black is every bit the prospect that Eugene Monroe is and better than both Jamon Meredith and Jason Smith.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-05-2008, 01:43 AM
He's been my favorite OT prospect for quite a while now.
Great story.

Texas Homer
11-05-2008, 05:47 AM
The dude is massive. I like him as a prospect a lot.

eaglesalltheway
11-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Read it when you posted a similar thing in the Eagles forum, but it is a great story nonetheless. I think he could play LT in the NFL for the Eagles, but he could also play LT for a ton of other teams as well, if they needed it.

Hines
11-05-2008, 08:59 AM
That story and his great play makes me think he is a great Steeler guy. I hope he comes out and comes to Pittsburgh.

Bengals78
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Class act. Cant ever put a value on that.

He is a tremendous talent that is for sure. LSU has been pumping out solid OL prospects for the past few years now. He has all the tools to be a great one

Ozzy
11-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I agree, Ciron Black is a stud OT prospect, he should not come out early unless he just wants to get into the league. Could easily make a few million more if he waits till his senior year with less of a stacked OT class.

Hines
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree, Ciron Black is a stud OT prospect, he should not come out early unless he just wants to get into the league. Could easily make a few million more if he waits till his senior year with less of a stacked OT class.

I honestly think he is the 4th best tackle. He will be a first rounder this year.

Ozzy
11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I honestly think he is the 4th best tackle. He will be a first rounder this year.
I completely agree with that, could argue he is the 5th best if Andre Smith does indeed come out. Still the difference in pay from a 1st to 2nd rounder is quite a lot I believe. And isn't there a major difference between the top 10 picks and the bottom half. Why come out when he could be the #1 guy next year and be a lock almost to be in the top 10. Again according to if Andre Smith comes out or not but still he would technically get drafted higher next season I feel. Depends on if he likes school and what his money situation is for himself or his family.

bored of education
11-05-2008, 10:20 AM
HE is a beast, 4th or 5th best OT prospect. This OT class is deep!

Black is fundamentally sound, doesn't need much teaching.coaching. I think it will be just adjusting to the NFL game spped etc. He has a high celing but I think his bust % is alot lower than other OT prospects in the last few years.

Top 10 pick if he stayed another year for sure.

Larry121283
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I got four tackles with Top 15 grades this year. Oher, Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe and Ciron Black are top notch tackle prospects.

Man, this is a good year for offensive line.

Race for the Heisman
11-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I have him at 5 below Loadholt at the moment, although I may need to reassess that. Looks like a repeat of last year's tackle greatness, with a few good guards and a nice selection of centers as well.

renegade
11-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Loadholt is dropping, he was destroyed when he played Orakpo. Orakpo made him look like a child. Ciron Black has started at LT during a national championship run, he's blocked for Jamarcus Rusell and Jacob Hester and now he is blocking for Charles Scott who is one of the top rushers in the SEC because of his blocking. I don't see any flaws in Ciron Black at all.