PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter: Travis Henry to be Cut

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Interesting considering he was a large part to their success their season.

Leaving only LenDale White....

JoeMontainya
03-02-2007, 06:43 PM
hmmm interesting.

HawkeyeFan
03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
THey saved about $8 million cutting him!

tjsunstein
03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
well if Ahman Green signs elsewhere than GB then i could see Travis Henry and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield for 07

gonzo1105
03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
OH my how bad would it be ....if the Bills traded McGahee and signed Travis Henry to replace him ...I would laugh so hard as a Bills fan

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
There going to release him and then try to resign him to a new deal, so they don't have to pay him his 8.5 Million dollar bonus.

hugegmenfan
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
thats really weird- he was a big part of their success and running game- i dont think white showed that much to b considered a starter so i would expect them to go HB in the draft sometime in rounds 2-3

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
thats really weird- he was a big part of their success and running game- i dont think white showed that much to b considered a starter so i would expect them to go HB in the draft sometime in rounds 2-3
There planning on resigning him.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
There going to release him and then try to resign him to a new deal, so they don't have to pay him his 8.5 Million dollar bonus.

It can go a Variety of ways.. he just hit the free market after a very good season.. with so many teams hurting for a good RB.. he may get that money elsewhere.

Browns, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Gb...

Etc, ETc

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Very surprised since he actually played well last season.

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
It can go a Variety of ways.. he just hit the free market after a very good season.. with so many teams hurting for a good RB.. he may get that money elsewhere.

Browns, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Gb...

Etc, ETc
There were pretty close to getting a new deal done, i'm not to worried.

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Very surprised since he actually played well last season.
Read a few post above this

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
There were pretty close to getting a new deal done, i'm not to worried.

True, but I'm sure his agent won't atleast check out alternative options I mean, it's his job to "Show Travis the Money!".

So even though they're working a deal, they could possibly use that as a starting block... As there's really no premier RB talent in FA, this could be good for Travis as he'd make more money than in a normal year. Especially with the lack of talent at RB in this draft. Some teams could call his Agent up with Convincing offers.

art vandelay
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Read a few post above this

He could definitely sign somewhere else smitty...

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 07:06 PM
True, but I'm sure his agent won't atleast check out alternative options I mean, it's his job to "Show Travis the Money!".

So even though they're working a deal, they could possibly use that as a starting block... As there's really no premier RB talent in FA, this could be good for Travis as he'd make more money than in a normal year. Especially with the lack of talent at RB in this draft. Some teams could call his Agent up with Convincing offers.
He is also one Drug test away form being done for an entire season.

smittyjs
03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
He could definitely sign somewhere else smitty...I know that, but i'm just saying its not a surprise to most Titans fan that he was released.

Mr. Stiller
03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
He is also one Drug test away form being done for an entire season.

Well I never said anything about Cincy, or that it would happen, just a possibility.

I think he and Ronnie Brown would be a killer Duo.

Flyboy
03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Interesting considering he was a large part to their success their season.

Leaving only LenDale White....

What about Chris Brown?

Geo
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Chris Brown is also a free agent.

Flyboy
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Ah ha. Didn't know that. Thanks.

yourfavestoner
03-03-2007, 08:53 PM
JESUS ******* CHRIST PEOPLE. READ WHAT ELSE HAS GONE ON IN THE ******* THREAD BEFORE YOU ******* POST.

Yes, it may have come as a surprise to a lot of us that Travis Henry got cut. But how many times has Smitty had to say that this was an expected salary cap move, and that he'll probably resign with the Titans.

This has happened in just about every signing/cut thread this week. People are taking the time to post and explain the strategy behind these decisions, and you lazy ******* just blow right by it so you can post "omg how surprising" or "that's too much money." Seriously. Read what the **** has people have been talking about in the thread so you don't sound like a redundant ******* idiot.

smittyjs
03-03-2007, 09:01 PM
JESUS ******* CHRIST PEOPLE. READ WHAT ELSE HAS GONE ON IN THE ******* THREAD BEFORE YOU ******* POST.

Yes, it may have come as a surprise to a lot of us that Travis Henry got cut. But how many times has Smitty had to say that this was an expected salary cap move, and that he'll probably resign with the Titans.

This has happened in just about every signing/cut thread this week. People are taking the time to post and explain the strategy behind these decisions, and you lazy ******* just blow right by it so you can post "omg how surprising" or "that's too much money." Seriously. Read what the **** has people have been talking about in the thread so you don't sound like a redundant ******* idiot.
Damn, you feel better now LOL

yourfavestoner
03-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I do. It's something that's really been starting to irritate me.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
03-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I do. It's something that's really been starting to irritate me.

So just hit the back button and don't come back into threads that irritate you.

There is a chance that he signs somewhere else, if some other team offers him more money than the Titans are planning on giving.

JT Jag
03-03-2007, 09:13 PM

This has happened in just about every signing/cut thread this week. People are taking the time to post and explain the strategy behind these decisions, and you lazy ******* just blow right by it so you can post "omg how surprising" or "that's too much money." Seriously. Read what the **** has people have been talking about in the thread so you don't sound like a redundant ******* idiot.You know, I've heard about those anxiety attacks people get sometimes after smoking the ganja, but I never imagined.

yourfavestoner
03-03-2007, 09:17 PM
So just hit the back button and don't come back into threads that irritate you.

It's not the thread that irritates me. It's the people in the thread who are all saying the same god damn thing, even though somebody clearly explained it. I go into threads because I expect intelligent discourse, not to read the same thing fifty times.

yourfavestoner
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
You know, I've heard about those anxiety attacks people get sometimes after smoking the ganja, but I never imagined.

It's not the ganja; it's the lack thereof.

Pit Bull #53
03-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd like to see him back with us, but I'm not counting on it. I would be a bit disappointed if he wasn't back, much moreso than losing Drew Bennett, but they have been trying to restructure this deal for a little while, and I don't think it ever got close, so I guess it had to be done. And yes, like was said, this was done because he was due an 8.5 mill roster bonus.

I guess if he signs elsewhere, we may look for a complement back for LenDale in FA or the draft.

smittyjs
03-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see him back with us, but I'm not counting on it. I would be a bit disappointed if he wasn't back, much moreso than losing Drew Bennett, but they have been trying to restructure this deal for a little while, and I don't think it ever got close, so I guess it had to be done. And yes, like was said, this was done because he was due an 8.5 mill roster bonus.

I guess if he signs elsewhere, we may look for a complement back for LenDale in FA or the draft.I'm looking at a 50% chance that he will be back, but he might be playing for the Broncos next season.

Windy
03-03-2007, 09:47 PM
he's visiting oakland.

smittyjs
03-03-2007, 09:49 PM
he's visiting oakland.He might sign there, but i really see the Broncos signing him if we don't get a deal done soon.

georgiafan
03-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I never saw this coming he had a pretty good year

Stash
03-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I think he would fit nicely with Oakland for a couple of years.

smittyjs
03-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I never saw this coming he had a pretty good year
Cap reasons...........

needled24_7
03-04-2007, 12:59 AM
would they have white as the full-time starter or do you think they'll get a veteran free agent to go with him?

pierce2walker
03-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Henry put up some good numbers, but if you look at his stats he really just tore up the weak run defenses and disappeared against the quality ones...its also an issue if we want to sign him long term because he should demand decent money and we have LenDale sitting in the wings...I dont think Henry will be coming back and this shows confidence in LenDale...Henry played well at times, but the OLine played very well at times particularly when Stewart came in...also Vince greatly helped the running game because he is a constant threat on the bootleg...if you notice the Titans run game didnt exist before Vince came in, but he opened things up along with improved OL play...Henry had some moments last year, but moving on isnt a bad thing...but I would not be surprised if we went after someone like Lorenzo Booker in the draft to compliment LenDale

The Unseen
03-04-2007, 05:49 AM

Preach on, brotha!

bennybee38
03-04-2007, 09:24 AM
has anyone heard about the ravens being interested in him?

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I've read that Ted Thompson has shown interest in Henry but with some character issues I don't if the Packers will bring him in. You can say that Koren Robinson was brought in and he has issues but TT knew Koren more and knew what type of individual Koren could be.