PDA

View Full Version : The WR position

Quagmire
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, I can't believe I am saying this, but I really think there might be some hope here. First things first, they need a #1 WR. A go to guy who can do it all. But, if you look at spots 2-5, they might be pretty good. Ginn is a guy who can be a very good #2 or even a 1A, but I think his best role might be the deep guy with big YPC. Lets say 50-60 catches a yr at 17-20 YPC. Camarillo has that Jim Jensen look to him. Just a pain in the neck and the type of guy who will always catch the 8 yard pass on 3rd and 7. London is a size guy who I think will grow into a very good red zone WR and solid backup WR. Bess is the slot guy who has really good hands and can function in many roles. Not to mention, all 4 of these guys have fairly important special teams functions.

To me, if they were to add a Houshmanzadeh as a FA or a Boldin via trade, they might have a solid core of WR's to go forward with. I know Tuna does not like investing high picks or big $$ at WR, but it might be worth it to be the piece that makes the WR unit a very good unit for this team going forward..