PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown RB Oklahoma

SuperKevin
11-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone else think Chris Brown could declare for the draft this year? Right now he's in the middle of a 3 RB committee at Oklahoma and that's not the way people generally want to spend their senior years. He has good size at 5'11" 210 lbs and he has enough speed and strength to make it in the NFL. I don't know if he'd be a 1st day pick but he definitely would be drafted in 2009 and there are no guarantees his stock rises next year in the same role.

CashmoneyDrew
11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess it really depends on if Demarco Murray declares or not.

SuperKevin
11-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I guess it really depends on if Demarco Murray declares or not.

I don't think DeMarco Murray will declare this year as a RS Soph. It could happen though

Smokey Joe
11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
speaking of Juniors who are in a committee type think, I think Stafon Johnson should declare. I think he could be a first day pick.

SuperKevin
11-08-2008, 06:31 PM
A lot of articles I've read have stated that NFL teams and their scouts are expecting close to 80 underclassmen to declare with the rumors of a rookie salary cap

Brent
11-08-2008, 10:21 PM
We are the 2nd worst rush defense in the Big XII, his nice day today might not reflect his skills. With that said, I think he's definitely worth a 6th or 7th rounder at this point.

SuperKevin
11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
We are the 2nd worst rush defense in the Big XII, his nice day today might not reflect his skills. With that said, I think he's definitely worth a 6th or 7th rounder at this point.

He's had a lot of good games this year. I think he's a solid goal line back and could be a solid middle round pick with a shot of going higher if he tests well in workouts.

Brent
11-08-2008, 10:27 PM
He's had a lot of good games this year. I think he's a solid goal line back and could be a solid middle round pick with a shot of going higher if he tests well in workouts.
He didnt look as fast in person as I expected today. Also, how much of his numbers are the result of OU's ridiculous o-line and having huge leads in garbage time?

ElectricEye
11-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I thought a bit about that the other day. Really, the guy isn't getting any recognition at all. I think he would be drafted for sure. I really don't know a whole hell of a lot about the guy, but I like the way he runs. Nothing really to gauge his stock on. He looks good though. I'm just not sure how good right now.

SuperKevin
12-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Think he improved his stock today with Murray getting hurt? Had a pretty solid game. I still think he should consider declaring despite likely being a 3rd rounder.

Iamcanadian
12-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I just don't see a real burst from him nor the ability to change direction on a dime. Middle rounder at best if he returns and has a good senior year.

Halsey
12-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm gonna hitch onto this thread to bring another RB up for discussion: Glen Coffee. Like the OU RB's, he's been very productive, but you gotta wonder how much playing behind those O-lines helps. Playing behind those O-lines may both help and hurt the Alabama and OU RB's.

bored of education
12-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Reminds me of Kolby Smith.

Iamcanadian
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm gonna hitch onto this thread to bring another RB up for discussion: Glen Coffee. Like the OU RB's, he's been very productive, but you gotta wonder how much playing behind those O-lines helps. Playing behind those O-lines may both help and hurt the Alabama and OU RB's.

Yeah. it is a real question but he won't likely have Smith or Caldwell back next season and then we will know how good he is or isn't.

yourfavestoner
12-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Reminds me of Kolby Smith.

Kolby Smith>Michael Bush

Menardo75
12-08-2008, 03:13 AM
He is probably going to go the same route as Allen Patrick. 7th rounder special teams player. I think Chris is a more polished and complete runningback, and with time he could contribute.