PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Ian Johnson?

DcmRulz
11-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Once upon a time, Boise State Runningback Ian Johnson was tearing up opposing defenses, averaging 6.2 yards per carry and rushing for 25 touchdowns, including a 101 yard performance against Oklahoma in the famous 2006 Fiesta Bowl. Now, 2 years later as a senior, he's losing carries and just crossed the 500 yard plateau. At first, i thought if he kept up his sophomore dominance, he would be a surefire 1st round pick, now, I think he'll be lucky if he gets picked anywhere before round 5.
(Living in NY, i saw maybe 6 games throughout his career, so i wouldn't be able to see as much of him as someone from, say, Idaho)

What happened?

BeerBaron
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
From what I've seen, which isn't a whole lot, he's still out there running for BSU. They just spread the ball around more instead of just feeding it to him. They're building up quite the football monopoly there and are consistently putting one of the best teams in the nation on the field each year. They've recruited other good players and it benefits teh team to be able to spread it around a bit more now.

Also, he's playing a lot of special teams too. That will help him get drafted since there will be plenty of backup RB's available in the mid rounds, but you don't draft guys tehre and start them right away. They've got to make an impact on ST to stay and he's getting experience with that too.

fenikz
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't think any scout seriously considered him a 1st round pick at any time in his collegiate career, but if he would of left after 06 or 07 he would of at least been a mid rounder, with a decent combine he still could find himself drafted in that range but I wouldn't put my money on anything higher than a 6th

Gay Ork Wang
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
He married

SuperKevin
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM
He's too small to be a real power back and too slow to be an every down back

I think he was given a 6th round grade last year

bored of education
11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
His testicles relapsed and went back into his intestines

georgiafan
11-08-2008, 07:08 PM
The games I saw the other HB's they have are just better then him.

Cigaro
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Nothing happened to him, just less carries and the Broncos are no longer Cinderella's. I think he'll be a good back in the pros. For those who take stock in these kind of things, Ian Johnson is currently third in the WAC touchdown record book, behind Marshall Faulk and LaDainian Tomlinson, and could break the record this year.

Race for the Heisman
11-08-2008, 08:17 PM
The games I saw the other HB's they have are just better then him.

In the game (can't remember which one) I saw I thought he was the best of the running backs but I really like this running back class and he's definitely not that good compared to the other available possibilities.

MetSox17
11-08-2008, 11:10 PM
He's too small to be a real power back and too slow to be an every down back

I think he was given a 6th round grade last year

Mike Hart?