11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
McCarthy has yet to lose to the Vikings

Old news Renji.

James Jones is active, nice.

GB12
11-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Old news Renji.

James Jones is active, nice.
Chillar is inactive. Probably thinking that we won't have to use him because of Minnesota's ****** TEs, but it won't be pretty if any of our LBs get hurt.

TitleTown088
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Anyone else think they saw some some offensive PI on Rice the play before his TD?

TitleTown088
11-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Offense looks terrible jeez

jackalope
11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
How is that an "illegal forward pass"?

tjsunstein
11-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Wow. What has happened to this team?

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Our O-line is not protecting at all

Twiddler
11-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Only down by four after playing this terribly on offense. Wow.

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Only down by four after playing this terribly on offense. Wow.

We've also played awefull on special teams.... The more Blackmon plays the more I start to not like him as our return man.

Twiddler
11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
We've also played awefull on special teams.... The more Blackmon plays the more I start to not like him as our return man.

Actually I thought that returning a punt from our own endzone was a great idea. It's a strategy that's really underused. :rolleyes:

GB12
11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
That was a terrible decission and is unexcusable, but I still like him as a returner.

jackalope
11-09-2008, 01:50 PM
We've had terrible field position all day. If we can start to change that and keep our drives going in the second half I like our chances.

The running game continues to improve every week. Grant is running a lot better.

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Collins is playing our of his mind this season!! What a great play just what we needed.

jackalope
11-09-2008, 02:25 PM

I disagree.

Two huge plays to get us the lead! Who needs an offense?

Hawk
11-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Defense and special teams TDs ftw

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I disagree.

Two huge plays to get us the lead! Who needs an offense?

The Blackmon return is one big special teams play in this game. Where is the second?

Hawk
11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
The Blackmon return is one big special teams play in this game. Where is the second?

I think he means the Collins pick 6

jackalope
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Collins' and Blackmon's returns were the two plays. I was just referring to the team as a whole there, sorry I didn't make that clear.

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Collins' and Blackmon's returns were the two plays. I was just referring to the team as a whole there, sorry I didn't make that clear.

The Collins pick 6 is not a special teams play

jackalope
11-09-2008, 03:06 PM
The Collins pick 6 is not a special teams play

I understand that. All I meant was that we got two huge plays to get us the lead. I realize only one of them was from the special teams.

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Just like last week our defense folded when they had to step up and make a play. **** you Bob Sanders!!!!

The Dynasty
11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Dont Worry the magician brad childress will screw up some how...

Twiddler
11-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Man, we didn't deserve to be in that game but that still hurts. Ouch.

PACKmanN
11-09-2008, 03:27 PM
until Bob Sanders is fired, our defense will forever suck.

Twiddler
11-09-2008, 03:33 PM
until Bob Sanders is fired, our defense will forever suck.

Yeah, because our defense was the unit that really sucked it up today. I mean, why didn't we stop Adrian Peterson, it's pretty much easy as hell to do, and why did we get three picks and have one for a TD, that was terrible. Yes, the last drive was questionable but try to look at more than just one drive when analyzing a game.

PACKmanN
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, because our defense was the unit that really sucked it up today. I mean, why didn't we stop Adrian Peterson, it's pretty much easy as hell to do, and why did we get three picks and have one for a TD, that was terrible. Yes, the last drive was questionable but try to look at more than just one drive when analyzing a game.

I'm not talking about one game, I'm talking about the entire season. Bob Sanders plays a soft defense, and when a team has injuries like we are having you can not continue playing a soft defense.

tjsunstein
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Our defense has made this season for us so far. Its our conservative offense that kills us every game. McCarthy was really satisfied with a 50+ FG?! why not try to get closer? running when we are on the edge of crsobys range how dumb can you be? almost as bad as dumping it off on an underneath screen on third and long.. good thing we dont do that alot..... waiiittt. we do! i hate our playcalling, its cost us too many games so far.

Hawk
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm not talking about one game, I'm talking about the entire season. Bob Sanders plays a soft defense, and when a team has injuries like we are having you can not continue playing a soft defense.

No, I am much happier with the defense Bob Sanders puts out on the field rather than Donatell, Slowik, or Bates did. Remember when we didn't get turnovers?

princefielder28
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Mike McCarthy's conservative play calling late in the game cost the team the game and forced Mason into a tough, must make kick. There were far too many stupid penalities and plays and the team did not deserve to win today.

tjsunstein
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Mike McCarthy's conservative play calling late in the game cost the team the game and forced Mason into a tough, must make kick. There were far too many stupid penalities and plays and the team did not deserve to win today.

Exactly and they can say theyre trying to ease Aaron into the offense but I think hes quite comfortable with it now to handle it the way Brett did. Just my opinion but they play calling needs to be a little more ballsy.

Vikes99ej
11-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Good game guys. Minnesota-Green Bay matchups are always exciting.

neko4
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
This is going to be an excellent rivalry for many years to come (as if it already wasnt)

Our two teams are close to equals and both are fairly young. (Min's OL, and GB's CBs being the exceptions)

Vikes99ej
11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
It won't be a rivalry when the Vikings are soaking up the sun in California. At least you'll still have the Bears.

Yatta!
11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Another tough loss to take, looks like we're heading for 8-8 obscurity.

PackerLegend
11-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Bucs, Falcons, Titans, and Vikings.... had a chance in the 4th quarter of all to win and blew everyone. We could be 8-1 as easily as we are 4-5.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up unless I missed it. McCarthy challenging that AD touchdown... Seriously WTF what a stupid challenge.

Alot of penalties and some pretty questionable ones.

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Us losing the game because of penaltys...... seems to be happening a lot this year. Even though McCarthy's playcalling was conservative at the end of the game and i agree that he should have been more aggresive. That doesn't excuse Crosby missing that kick, that is a kick that he has to make period.

jsa230
11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Chillar is inactive. Probably thinking that we won't have to use him because of Minnesota's ****** TEs, but it won't be pretty if any of our LBs get hurt.
thanks for gettiing barnett hurt

umphrey
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM
The conservative call there was the right one. I won't defend all his decisions but I'll defend that one. We were looking at about a 54, 55 yard field goal. The defense had to respect the pass in that situation and give an opportunity on the ground. With the way the game was going, it would have been stupid to drop Rodgers back and pass. He could very easily get sacked for the 12th time and it's game over. An incompletion leaves an almost unmakeable field goal. An interception could happen trying to force a throw in that situation. Basically our offense was playing so bad we couldn't afford to be aggressive.

Twiddler
11-10-2008, 01:25 PM
The conservative call there was the right one. I won't defend all his decisions but I'll defend that one. We were looking at about a 54, 55 yard field goal. The defense had to respect the pass in that situation and give an opportunity on the ground. With the way the game was going, it would have been stupid to drop Rodgers back and pass. He could very easily get sacked for the 12th time and it's game over. An incompletion leaves an almost unmakeable field goal. An interception could happen trying to force a throw in that situation. Basically our offense was playing so bad we couldn't afford to be aggressive.

Definitely, think about it, at that point you could say that our most successful pass was the pass that Driver caught a few minutes before that. And that was a tipped ball that could have easily been intercepted. When that is one of your most sucessful pass plays, I'm not liking the idea of being aggressive and going somewhat downfield.

princefielder28
11-10-2008, 01:37 PM

Conservative play calling in big spots has cost the Packers some games the past two seasons. It's obviously not working out for the team, and maybe it's time to let it loose a bit. Settling for a 50+ yard FG is unacceptable regardless of it being in a dome.

tjsunstein
11-10-2008, 01:49 PM

By saying we can't afford to be agressive after these last two games is pretty much saying your OK losing the way we did.

tjsunstein
11-10-2008, 01:53 PM

Definitely, think about it, at that point you could say that our most successful pass was the pass that Driver caught a few minutes before that. And that was a tipped ball that could have easily been intercepted. When that is one of your most sucessful pass plays, I'm not liking the idea of being aggressive and going somewhat downfield.

It's not about one play its about that whole drive. Throw some passes toward the sideline and some curls, maybe a hitch and go. This conservative ******** is putting us in a tough situation to win these games. Where is the playaction? Seriously settling for a 50+ yard field goal is pretty dumb regardless of the setting. You set yourself up for dissapointment.

ChezPower4
11-11-2008, 12:31 AM

Lets also not forget how awesome our defense has been at the end of games. We would have won against the Titans and the Vikings if our defense could a have made a stop with 2 minutes to go. Maybe at that point in the game our defense is gassed? Does anyone else think that this could be why we're not playing well late in games?

jsa230
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Well you have to give credit to peterson,their o-line and peterson gave us the business in the 4th. Yes it does seem that the d is tired at the end of these last 2 games and that is probably true. But the titans and the vikings offenses are set up to pund the ball and tire out the d. It almost reminds me of the superbowl vs the broncos (in '98?) when Terrelle Davis ran all over us and gilbert brown was gasping for air.

johbur
11-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Conservative play calling in big spots has cost the Packers some games the past two seasons. It's obviously not working out for the team, and maybe it's time to let it loose a bit. Settling for a 50+ yard FG is unacceptable regardless of it being in a dome.

QFT. The Packers are playing just well enough to lose. Sad to have two DST TDs and not be able to pull this game out. Toss in giving up 4 points on safeties to the reason why this game was lost.

GB12
11-15-2008, 12:17 PM
QFT. The Packers are playing just well enough to lose. Sad to have two DST TDs and not be able to pull this game out. Toss in giving up 4 points on safeties to the reason why this game was lost.
Don't forget missing a game winning field goal in the last minute.