PDA

View Full Version : Zac Robinson

nyqua
11-08-2008, 11:55 PM
How does he look as an NFL prospect? He's completing 69% of his passes and has some running ability.

STARHEATHER
11-09-2008, 02:19 AM
he might actually be a better wr. hes pretty fast. not an nfl caliber thrower though. i wouldnt draft him

Race for the Heisman
11-09-2008, 02:31 AM
I disagree. If he came out this year, maybe mid rounds (3-5). Workouts would probably help him but he's still pretty raw. He obviously has a great deal of potential but at the same time it is also pretty blatant that he can improve quite a bit still at the collegiate level.

STARHEATHER
11-09-2008, 02:45 AM
did you watch the game tonight. hes just not an nfl caliber thrower. he may be drafted, but hes not going to be good. hes undersized, sub nfl level arm. hes a good athlete but not good enough where hell be dangerous runningat the nfl level. history of concussions. i think they have a national title shot next yr if they can get some decent defensive players. hes definitley not coming out. i wouldnt pick him when he does. there just arent any zac robinsons vying for championships in the nfl. my contention with qbs why they bust is too many are drafted. theres just no reason to draft him. he wont get you there. if a qb doesnt have the potential or physical ability to possibly get you there someday i never see the point.

JLaw45
11-09-2008, 03:00 AM
did you watch the game tonight. hes just not an nfl caliber thrower. he may be drafted, but hes not going to be good. hes undersized, sub nfl level arm. hes a good athlete but not good enough where hell be dangerous runningat the nfl level. history of concussions. i think they have a national title shot next yr if they can get some decent defensive players. hes definitley not coming out. i wouldnt pick him when he does. there just arent any zac robinsons vying for championships in the nfl. my contention with qbs why they bust is too many are drafted. theres just no reason to draft him. he wont get you there. if a qb doesnt have the potential or physical ability to possibly get you there someday i never see the point.

Wait a second. Didn't you just say...

he might actually be a better wr. hes pretty fast. not an nfl caliber thrower though. i wouldnt draft him

So he is a good enough athlete to be an NFL wide receiver in your eyes, but he isn't good enough an athlete to be a decent running threat at QB.

Am I missing something here? Either he is a good athlete or he isn't.

Staubach12
11-09-2008, 08:32 AM
If he came out this year he's worth a fourth. He'd need good coaching but if you can harness that potential, you've got a legit QB IMHO.

Hahahaha. High five JLaw. Star, you're a joke.

Brent
11-09-2008, 08:42 AM
He's good but he also has some nice weapons around him so it's hard to gauge how much that helps.

ElectricEye
11-09-2008, 09:42 AM
He's not that undersized either. His arm looks pretty good at times as well. I don't think he should even consider coming out...but he isn't a lame duck in terms of NFL projection as of yet.

nyqua
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Assuming he comes back, do you think he can be a second round pick in 2010?

Xonraider
11-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Draft him and play wild cat every down!!!!!!!

Race for the Heisman
11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Assuming he comes back, do you think he can be a second round pick in 2010?

This is where it gets tricky. Next years quarterback class could be incredible. First the big three might not come out this year. Second, guys like Juice Williams, Jake Locker, Riley Skinner, Dan LeFevour, etc. who are marginal prospects this year (much like Robinson) will all be vying to be next year's best. I think it all depends on who comes out this year. If you get Bradford, Sanchez, and Stafford (and to a lesser extent Tebow) this year, then he's better off staying. If not, he's better off coming out now, in terms of draft stock. Ultimate success, maybe not so much.

The redshirt sophomores are the really intriguing guys. Jevan Snead, Jake Locker, Sam Bradford, and Christian Ponder. I like all of these guys and they could come out this year, next year, or even the year after. They are the real wildcards.