DROY- Chris Horton
Honorable Mention- Brandon Flowers
ComebackPOY- Kerry Collins
Honorable Mention- Chad Pennington
COY- Jim Zorn
Honorable Mention- Jeff Fisher

jth1331
11-09-2008, 02:50 PM
All this talk about Brees for MVP, I'm not buying into that hype. He's been good, but MVP good? I don't know about that.
That said, my MVP: Albert Haynesworth
OPOY: Clinton Portis
DPOY: Haynesworth
OROY: Eddie Royal, yeah I'm a homer :P
DROY: No idea really, I'll throw Mayo out there though
Coach: Jeff Fisher

gsorace
11-09-2008, 03:06 PM
MVP: Clinton Portis
OPOY: Drew Brees
DPOY: Albert Haynesworth
OROY: Chris Johnson
DROY: Chris Horton

Jimmy
11-09-2008, 03:24 PM
make your 2008-09 NFL Season award predictions

DPY- D.J. Williams
I can tell you that williams is underrated. but he doesn't deserve DPOY. He's played great, but he's out hte next 4 weeks or so... and no broncos ever win those types of awards anyways. and there are guys out there like porter that deserve some looks.

bored of education
11-09-2008, 03:25 PM
DJ Williams???????????

Dr. Gonzo
11-09-2008, 03:25 PM
If the Vikings finish the season with 10 maybe even 9 wins Adrian Peterson should get some serious consideration. He single handidly wins the Vikings games. Now 9 wins by the Vikings will probably not happen but if it does he deserves the award.

Jvig43
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
If the Vikings finish the season with 10 maybe even 9 wins Adrian Peterson should get some serious consideration. He single handidly wins the Vikings games. Now 9 wins by the Vikings will probably not happen but if it does he deserves the award.

I find myself rooting for the vikes every time i see them play just because i love how great AD is and how much he does for them.

A Perfect Score
11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Adrian Peterson is ridiculous...I watched the game today, and the kid is just stunning...225 total yards? For real? so good...

And for DPOY, Ray Lewis's name should definately be in consideration. Hes playing like hes 25 again and the Ravens D is playing as well as any unit in the league.

ChezPower4
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
make your 2008-09 NFL Season award predictions

Here are mine
MVP- Drew Brees
Honorable Mention- Clinton Portis
OPY- Clinton Portis
Honorable Mention- Drew Brees
DPY- D.J. Williams
Honorable Mention- Albert Haynesworth
OROY- Chris Johnson
Honorabl Mention- Matt Ryan
DROY- Brandon Flowers
Honorable Mention- Jerod Mayo
ComebackPOY- Kerry Collins
Honorable Mention- Chad Pennington
COY- Jim Zorn
Honorable Mention- Jeff Fisher

I'll stop watching football if D.J Williams wins DPY.

trkaline
11-09-2008, 04:34 PM
DPOY - Ray Ray or Ngata there Interchangable...

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 04:34 PM
hahahahahahahaha DJ Williams

fenikz
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
MVP: Kurt Warner (gotta have a winning record to win MVP, sorry Drew)
Runner Up: Clinton Portis

OROY: Matt Forte
DROY: Curtis Lofton
COY: Ken Whisenhunt

MetSox17
11-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I think many of the MVP votes are gonna get split between Warner and Brees, therefore the favorite in my eyes right now is Clinton Portis. Now, with that said, Adrian Peterson just showed today that he should be in the discussion as well. He's doing this with a horrible offensive game-plan, mediocre coaching and a quarterback that isn't worth three cents.

Dr. Gonzo
11-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I think many of the MVP votes are gonna get split between Warner and Brees, therefore the favorite in my eyes right now is Clinton Portis. Now, with that said, Adrian Peterson just showed today that he should be in the discussion as well. He's doing this with a horrible offensive game-plan, mediocre coaching and a quarterback that isn't worth three cents.

You way overate our coaching. Mediocre? A 5 year old could outcoach Brad Childress.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Here are mine
MVP- Kurt Warner- Unlike Drew Brees, he is winning games, in the end that is all that matters.
OPOY- Drew Brees- He will get this one because of the numbers he is putting up, all without his best receivers.
DPOY- Albert Haynesworth- That Titan defense isnt that same with him out. Nuff said.
Honorable Mention- Ray Lewis- The guy is playing like he is 24 and like Painesworth, he is the heart and soul of there respective teams.
OROY- Chris Johnson- Lets face it, the Titans wouldn't be close to 9-0 without him, that settles it IMO.
Honorable Mention- Matt Ryan- Same for Ryan, ATL would be simply TERRIBLE without Ryan but the nod goes to CJ IMO because his team is 9-0.
DROY- Chris Horton
Honorable Mention- Brandon Flowers
ComebackPOY- Chad Pennington
Honorable Mention- Jake Delhomme
COY- John Harbaugh- the homer in me had to put it here, he has taken a 5-11 team and led them to 6-3 with a rookie QB at the helm.
Honorable Mention- Jeff Fisher and/or Jim Zorn

The Dynasty
11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Here are mine

MVP- Kurt Warner
OPOY- Adrian Peterson
DPOY- Albert Haynesworth
OROY- Matt Ryan
DROY- Jerod Mayo
ComebackPOY- Chad Penningon
COY- Jeff Fisher

Vox Populi
11-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Most Valuable Player
Clinton Portis has my vote right now. I don't get the Brees love, his team is **** and the MVP isn't going to be on the team in last place in their division. After Portis, there isn't really anyone else I'd vote for to be honest.
Offensive Player of the Year
Phillip Rivers has been money this year playing well in every game despite the inadequacies of the Charger defense and the poor health of the rest of his offense. I don't care what Brees has done, I'll take Rivers' performance over Brees' right now.
Defensive Player of the Year
Albert Haynesworth is my front runner, but Ray Lewis, Joey Porter and James Harrison could all get a mention. I'd also like to throw Nick Collins into the discussion because he already has 3 INT return TDs this year and is tied for the lead in picks with his teammate Charles Woodson. I know Collins really isn't a legit candidate, I just wanted to give him a shout out.
Offensive Rookie of the Year
Matt Ryan will win this assuming the Falcons don't fall apart in the second half of the season. After him I'd give it to Eddie Royal even over Chris Johnson even if Johnson is getting all the press clippings. Switch out Johnson for Forte, Jones or McFadden and you've got the same thing happening. Hes played really well, but hes getting more than he deserves based on the performance of his team which really belongs to the offensive line and the defense.
Defensive Rookie of the Year
Chris Horton is the obvious choice here for me. After him there isn't really anyone else who stands out. None of the other rookies are establishing themselves as consistent play makers right now like Horton is. I'm not going to take anything away from Horton just because he plays with one of the best deep zone safeties in the league.
Comeback Player of the Year
Chad Pennington and I don't care if Kerry Collins is leading an undefeated team. Pennington is leading a team that was the worst in the NFL last season, not one that managed to make the playoffs despite average-below average quarterback play last season. Collins has been a great game manager, but Pennington means a lot more to the Dolphins than Collins does to the Titans. They might not be undefeated with Vince Young, but they'd surely be on top of that division still.
Coach of the Year
Jeff Fisher and its not even close. Tony Sparano would be my number two followed by Jim Zorn and Bill Belicheck probably. Fisher is coaching the best team in the league right now and he's doing it with a team that a lot of people considered a wild card team at best going into the season. They're already about 1 more divisional win away from being guaranteed a wild card and its only week 10 right now.

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Bears destroyed Chris Johnson

Vox Populi
11-09-2008, 06:31 PM

-4 yards at half time agrees with you. Urlacher was all over him all day because the Bears defensive line actually held the point of attack and allowed him to flow to the ball. The Bears front four were awesome against the run today. The passing game... they got absolutely no pressure other than when Ogunleye got matched up 1-on-1 with Chris Johnson.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Most Valuable Player
Clinton Portis has my vote right now. I don't get the Brees love, his team is **** and the MVP isn't going to be on the team in last place in their division. After Portis, there isn't really anyone else I'd vote for to be honest.
Phillip Rivers has been money this year playing well in every game despite the inadequacies of the Charger defense and the poor health of the rest of his offense. I don't care what Brees has done, I'll take Rivers' performance over Brees' right now.
Albert Haynesworth is my front runner, but Ray Lewis, Joey Porter and James Harrison could all get a mention. I'd also like to throw Nick Collins into the discussion because he already has 3 INT return TDs this year and is tied for the lead in picks with his teammate Charles Woodson. I know Collins really isn't a legit candidate, I just wanted to give him a shout out.
Matt Ryan will win this assuming the Falcons don't fall apart in the second half of the season. After him I'd give it to Eddie Royal even over Chris Johnson even if Johnson is getting all the press clippings. Switch out Johnson for Forte, Jones or McFadden and you've got the same thing happening. Hes played really well, but hes getting more than he deserves based on the performance of his team which really belongs to the offensive line and the defense.
Chris Horton is the obvious choice here for me. After him there isn't really anyone else who stands out. None of the other rookies are establishing themselves as consistent play makers right now like Horton is. I'm not going to take anything away from Horton just because he plays with one of the best deep zone safeties in the league.
Chad Pennington and I don't care if Kerry Collins is leading an undefeated team. Pennington is leading a team that was the worst in the NFL last season, not one that managed to make the playoffs despite average-below average quarterback play last season. Collins has been a great game manager, but Pennington means a lot more to the Dolphins than Collins does to the Titans. They might not be undefeated with Vince Young, but they'd surely be on top of that division still.
Coach of the Year
Jeff Fisher and its not even close. Tony Sparano would be my number two followed by Jim Zorn and Bill Belicheck probably. Fisher is coaching the best team in the league right now and he's doing it with a team that a lot of people considered a wild card team at best going into the season. They're already about 1 more divisional win away from being guaranteed a wild card and its only week 10 right now.

wow, I gatta agree with you 100%. Never really thought of that but I really think you have a point.+rep

djp
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
MVP : Clinton Portis
OPOY : Adrian Peterson
DPOY : Albert Haynesworth
OROY : Matt Ryan
DROY : Jerod Mayo
Coach : Jeff Fisher

TitanHope
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM

And then got burned by the unstoppable force that is Kerry Collins, Justin Gage, and Bo Scaife. :P

I will give props to Matt Forte though. Kid does everything well.

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 01:03 AM
And then got burned by the unstoppable force that is Kerry Collins, Justin Gage, and Bo Scaife. :P

I will give props to Matt Forte though. Kid does everything well.
yes, but we killed CJ :P

tjsunstein
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
MVP: Kurt Warner (gotta have a winning record to win MVP, sorry Drew)
Runner Up: Clinton Portis

DROY: Curtis Lofton
COY: Jeff Fisher

Too Lazy to make my own so I took this template.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I know Brees stats will be nasty, possibly record breaking, but if his team only wins like 6 or 7 games can you really give MVP to a guy who's team is under .500? I mean Jamal Lewis didn't even win MVP in 2003 when he rushed for 2,066 yards, 39 shy of the all time record, and the Ravens made the playoffs. OPOY seems best fitted for Brees.

WMD
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
What about Mike Smith for Coach of the Year?

A Perfect Score
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
What about Mike Smith for Coach of the Year?

Definately definately a possibility...hes doing a kickass job down there in ATL...right now, id rank the COTY cadidates:

1. Jeff Fisher
2. Mike Smith
3. Tony Sparano
4. John Harbaugh

And im a Ravens fan...lots of good ressurection projects this year

fenikz
11-11-2008, 12:54 AM
after this week i would rank MVP candidates as such

1. Warner
2. Peterson
3. Portis
4. Brees
5. Rivers

tjsunstein
11-11-2008, 01:22 AM

1. Warner
2. Peterson
3. Portis
4. Brees
5. Rivers

Lol I might have to steal this too. I agree completely.

Tom Jackson said Kerry Collins should be talked about. I laughed out loud.. then realized he was serious. Even Berman was like 'What?' and they agree on everything.

d34ng3l021
11-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah. Brees takes a huge hit in my MVP rankings. His yards are nice, but I wonder how many of them he gets in garbage time like in the Falcons game. Not all, I am sure, but still...Plus, his team will be lucky to sniff 8-8.

MetSox17
11-11-2008, 11:01 AM

1. Warner
2. Peterson
3. Portis
4. Brees
5. Rivers

Why do you have Brees ahead of Rivers? I made a relatively long post in the Warner thread backing up his case for being MVP, but Brees is no longer in the discussion for me. Rivers is head and heels ahead of him, imo.

bored of education
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
MVP : Tyler Thigpen
DPOY : DJ Williams

CashmoneyDrew
11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
As a Titans fan I can't believe people actually consider Kerry Collins an MVP candidate. He's done great for us and has probably won more games for us than VY would've at this point. But he really has only had to win 2 games for us this season. CJ and Fat Albert would be way ahead of him in terms of MVP candidates on the Titans. However, Kerry Collins should be in contention for CBPOTY.

MetSox17
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
As a Titans fan I can't believe people actually consider Kerry Collins an MVP candidate. He's done great for us and has probably won more games for us than VY would've at this point. But he really has only had to win 2 games for us this season. CJ and Fat Albert would be way ahead of him in terms of MVP candidates on the Titans. However, Kerry Collins should be in contention for CBPOTY.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1307561&postcount=23

d34ng3l021
11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
MVP: Warner
OPOTY: Brees
DPOTY: Haynesworth
OROTY: Ryan
DROTY: Mayo
CPOTY: Porter
COTY: Fisher

Mr.Regular
11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
MVP: Warner
OPOTY: Brees
DPOTY: Haynesworth
OROTY: Ryan
DROTY: Mayo
CPOTY: Porter
COTY: Fisher
Agree 100%, nice list.

thebow305
11-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Here's my list:

MVP- Kurt Warner

Honorable Mention - Drew Brees

OPOY - Dre Brees

Honorable Mention - Clinton Portis

DPOY - Albert Haynesworth

Honorable Mention - Joey Porter

OROY - Matt Ryan

Honorable Mention - Chris Johnson

DROY - Chris Horton

Honorable Mention - Brandon Flowers

Comeback POY - Kerry Collins

Honorable Mention - Ronnie Brown

COY - Jeff Fisher

Honorable Mention - Tony Sparano

tjsunstein
11-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Sweetest Sig I have ever seen. ^ Half Redskin/Half Hurricane is nasty.

rockio42
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Here's my list:

MVP- Kurt Warner

Honorable Mention - Drew Brees

OPOY - Dre Brees

DPOY - Albert Haynesworth

Honorable Mention - Joey Porter

OROY - Matt Ryan

DROY - Chris Horton

Honorable Mention - Brandon Flowers

Comeback POY - Kerry Collins

Honorable Mention - Ronnie Brown

COY - Jeff Fisher

Honorable Mention - Tony Sparano

I like the list but not have Joey Porter as at least honorable mention for CBPOY is crazy

rockio42
11-11-2008, 01:28 PM
MVP - Kurt Warner

OPOY - Adrian Peterson

DPOY - Charles Woodson

Honorable Mention - Albert Haynesworth

OROY - Matt Ryan

DROY - Chris Horton

Honorable Mention - Chris Long

CBPOY - Joey Porter

Honorable Mention - Kerry Collins

COY - Jeff Fischer

Honorable Mention - Mike Smith

CJSchneider
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Most Valuable Player
Clinton Portis
Drew Brees
Albert Haynesworth
Matt Ryan
Chris Horton
Kerry Collins
Coach of the Year
Jeff Fisher

The Legend
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
MVP - Kurt Warner
OPOY - Clinton Portis
DPOY - Charles Woodson
OROY - Matt Ryan
DROY - Chris Horton
CPOY - Kerry Collins
COY - Jeff Fisher

WMD
11-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Not saying it's going to happen this year.. but the past 4 MVP's have also been named the Offensive Player of the Year. So, unless there's someone on a losing/mediocre team with insanely insane stats, I think the MVP will also be Offensive Player of the Year. Right now, I'm putting my money on Kurt Warner. As of now, he's the highest rated QB in the league (106.4), he's got 2,760 yards passing which is second behind Drew Brees' 2,985.. He's second in the league with 19 TD's, 6 INT's, and has the highest completion percentage, with 70.6%.

And he still has to play Seattle twice and St. Louis once more.

d34ng3l021
11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Not saying it's going to happen this year.. but the past 4 MVP's have also been named the Offensive Player of the Year. So, unless there's someone on a losing/mediocre team with insanely insane stats, I think the MVP will also be Offensive Player of the Year. Right now, I'm putting my money on Kurt Warner. As of now, he's the highest rated QB in the league (106.4) second in the league with 19 TD's, 6 INT's, and has the highest completion percentage, with 70.6%.

And he still has to play Seattle twice and St. Louis once more.

Did you mean to describe Drew Brees right there on purpose, or no?

WMD
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
His stats aren't that much better than Warner's. Warner has 2 more TD's and 4 less INT's, but Brees has about 200 more yards passing.

A Perfect Score
11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Warner's fumbles have to be taken into consideration for me...anyone who has 7 indivdual turnovers in one game is suspect for MVP IMO...not taking away from what he is doing at 37, but he still has ball security issues that are not to be forgotten due to good play...

At this point, Adrian Peterson is my MVP. After watching the game against the packers, he single handedly won them that game on hte final drive. 6 out of 7 plays on the game winning drive went to him. He deserves all the credit in the world for carrying that team on his back, is leading the league in rushing, and is on pace for some ridiculous numbers. Adrian Peterson is my MVP atm.

thebow305
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I like the list but not have Joey Porter as at least honorable mention for CBPOY is crazy

You're right, I just didn't want to be too much of a homer. :)

I suck, I'm embarrassed.

oldLibid21
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
MVP: Clinton Portis
OPOY: Adrian Peterson
OROY: Matt Ryan (Not even close...)
DROY: Jerod Mayo
CBPOY: Kerry Collins
COTY: Jeff Fisher

Menardo75
11-11-2008, 06:02 PM
MVP: Clinton Portis - On pace to record his best season ever. Has lead a Redskin team that was supposed to be in the divisions basement, a chance to fight for first. Not saying he is not deserving of it, but since Portis plays in the NFC east and thats where the voters are. I can't see Portis not getting it.

Honerable mention: Kurt Warner - Having possibly his best season. The sole reason why his team is winning and first in the division. I find it impossible to not have him in the conversation.

OPOY: Kurt Warner - On pace to have one of his best statistical performances ever. Not much more I can say that has not already been said.

Honderable mention: Philp Rivers - I personally do not think very highly of this guy. I must give credit where it is due though. He has led this team to second and only about one game out in the division. He is also leading now one of the top offenses in the NFL. If there was a most improved award he should get it. I want to mention Drew Brees here, but I can't give this award to a guy on a team that will finish last in the division. He has been great considering the circumstances though.

DPOY: Albert Haynesworth - What else can you say about this guy. He has been nothing short of dominant in holding down the LOS. One of the few elite DT's that not only maintains his responsibility, but makes plays in he process.

Honerable Mention: Justin Tuck - Has flourished in the absense of Strahan. Made all kinds of plays all over the field. Leads a very good defense. Hard to find a glaring weakness in his game this year.

ORY: Matt Ryan - Having a tremendous rookie season. He gets better every week, and is leading an Atlanta team that was expected to do nothing, to a possible playoff berth.

Honerable Mention: Joe Flacco - Baltimore might have finally found a QB. Flacco gets better every week, and has helped lead a playoff team right into the thick of the playoff hunt in thr AFC. I would also Like to Mention Matt Forte, and Chris Johnson. Nothign against either of them both are having tremedous rookie years. What gave Flacco the Nod over them was the fact that he was supposed to be 3rd string coming in. Now he has lead the Ravens to a 6-3 record.

DROY: Jerod Mayo - Leads all rookies in tackles. Added youth and athletic ability to an aging defense.

Honerable Mention: Curtis Lofton - He has matured into one of the leaders on an emerging falcons team. Also as one of the best players on that defense. Also like to mention Brandon Flowers. Seems like almost every week he is in the highlight reel for something.

Comeback Player of the Year: Joey Porter - Had fallen off the map last year on a terrible Dolphins team. Has set a career high for sacks at mid-season.

JonasBlane
11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
MVP - Kurt Warner.
Offensive Player - Kurt Warner
DPOY - James Harrison (12 sacks, 4 FF, 1 Safety, 1 INT, best D in the league, just incase not everybody is aware of how ridiculous James is)
OROY - Matt Ryan
DROY - Chris Horton
Coach - Jeff Fisher

fenikz
11-17-2008, 12:35 AM
My current top 5 MVP rankings

1. Kurt Warner - 3155 Passing Yards, 20 TD, 7 INT, 105.5 Rating
2. Adrian Peterson - 1,100 Rushing Yards, 4.9 AVG, 268 Reception Yards, 8 TD
3. Clinton Portis - 1,063 Rushing Yards, 4.9 AVG, 156 Reception Yards, 7 TD
4. Drew Brees - 3251 Passing Yards, 18 TD, 11 INT, 95.4 Rating
5. Anquan Boldin - 62 Catches, 729 Reception Yards, 10 TD(8 games)

Rayray52
11-17-2008, 12:48 AM
I think its a 3 man race at this point Peterson may finish with better stats than Portis but his team probably dosent make the playoffs, if the suspensions stand definitely wont.

Brees is in the same boat he may throw for an obscene amount of yards but again probably wont make the playoffs.

If Boldin finishes with something like 1400 yards and 18+ touchdowns he MIGHT get consideration althought WR's dont fare well historically.

It seems like at this point it will probably boil down to Warner, Manning or Portis. Personally my vote would go to Warner with Portis a close second. Eli is leading a great Giants team but his stats dont hold up and his individual play does not warrant an MVP.

Shiver
11-17-2008, 01:30 AM
MVP - Kurt Warner (and it isn't close right now)
DPOTY - Joey Porter
OROTY - Matt Ryan
DROTY - Jerod Mayo

d34ng3l021
11-17-2008, 01:41 AM
MVP - Kurt Warner (and it isn't close right now)
DPOTY - Joey Porter
OROTY - Matt Ryan
DROTY - Jerod Mayo

DPOTY Porter over Haynesworth? And James Harrison?

Shiver
11-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Name recognition and stats. I can't stand him, but if he notches the most sacks he'll get it in my estimation.

d34ng3l021
11-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Name recognition and stats. I can't stand him, but if he notches the most sacks he'll get it in my estimation.

I doubt it. Haynesworth was many peoples favorite to win it last year, and he got snubbed (and had injury troubles too though). This year, he has been the biggest reason for the 10-0 Titans. He actually deserves MVP mention right now (even though Warner is the clear cut front runner).

tjsunstein
11-17-2008, 04:07 AM
DPOTY Porter over Haynesworth? And James Harrison?

And Charles Woodson? There's no clear cut DPOY.

I do like Warner more and more every week for MVP. Boldin is a manbeast by the way, and easily the best WR in football right now.

Rayray52
11-17-2008, 05:50 AM
I cant list anyone over Randy until Brady comes back, but i do admit Quan is a close second and having a hell of a season.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Kurt Warner is hands down the MVP of the league. Portis deserves Brownie points though for playing. He has a friggin level 2 mcl sprain, which any movement could easily become an MCL tear. It was clear he was injured and hobbling after and during every run, but he is a gamer still even doing his best in pass protection. Shaun Alexander though is an embarrassment. He tip toe's to the line of scrimmage then turns his back, that's a great way to eff your back up.

tjsunstein
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I cant list anyone over Randy until Brady comes back, but i do admit Quan is a close second and having a hell of a season.

Anquan is just dominating. I agree with the Moss statement though. We'll see next year because if Warner is gone then I don't think Boldin is as good. They are the best duo in the league right now. They have chemistry that every coach dreams of. When Brady and Moss are back though it will be interesting though. Maybe I'm such a Boldin homer because I picked him in fantasy this year and he's been an absolute stud but watching him in games, he's tough, has hands, and is good after the catch. Unbelieveable what he is doing this year even after that vicious hit.

Woodson gets my vote for DPOY too.

Coach of the year is looking like Fisher's.

d34ng3l021
11-24-2008, 04:06 AM
I think Kris Jenkins is making a case for himself getting the DPOTY.

Smokey Joe
11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
these lists are lacking Lance Briggs for every category.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-24-2008, 08:34 AM
With Portis you could honestly say the Skins are a 2 or 3 win team without him. When he's not in the game we have no running game and Campbell can't operate. Portis just makes the offense. Even on 3rd downs his pass blocking and catching enable the offense to keep the chains moving.

The Dynasty
11-24-2008, 09:44 AM
With Portis you could honestly say the Skins are a 2 or 3 win team without him. When he's not in the game we have no running game and Campbell can't operate. Portis just makes the offense. Even on 3rd downs his pass blocking and catching enable the offense to keep the chains moving.

Same with Minnesota, If we didnt have AD we could be battling the lions for worst record in the North. Chester Taylor is very helpful but he isnt AD.

Geo
11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
AD and Portis are both in my Top 4 MVP candidates, along with Peyton Manning and Kris Jenkins.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
MVP: Kurt Warner
OPOY: Clinton Portis
OROY: Matt Ryan

BroadwayJoe10
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I think Kris Jenkins is making a case for himself getting the DPOTY.

I have to agree wholeheartedly.

Individual stats:

Fat-al: 43 tackles & 8.5 sacks & 3 FF

Kris: 35 tackles & 3.5 sacks

Considering they play in vastly different schemes, you really have to watch all of their games to understand the impact that they have on the game. Since i've only been able to watch 2 or 3 titans games on top of every jets game, it's a bit unfair of me to say Jenkins is playing better in every game. What I can say is that Jenkins outplayed him this past weekend and is on a defense that allows less rushing yards per game, allows less yards per carry and less rushing tds.

Jets' stats:
78 rushyds/game
3.4 yds/carry
7 rushtds allowed
30 yd long allowed

Titans stats:
103.9 rushyds/game
4.0 yds/carry
12 rushtds allowed
61 yd long allowed

Stats clearly do not tell the entire story, because these are team stats. The one thing that is most telling in my eyes is the transformation that the defense has done since last year. The only other key addition has been calvin pace, and while he has played exceptionally, he isn't the different maker in our defense. We were the top 5 worst in in rush defenses for years and now we are the 3rd best. This is without david harris playing the last few games and playing hurt prior to leave...This is why I do beleive Jenkins should be not only in the running for DPOTY but MVP.

regoob2
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
these lists are lacking Lance Briggs for every category.I agree, Briggs is playing like a beast. I dont know how people have Chris Johnson ahead of Matt Ryan or Forte. Forte has more yards, TDs, and he's top 5 in receptions as a rookie RB.

fenikz
11-24-2008, 12:39 PM
My week 12 MVP candidates

1. Kurt Warner QB Arizona
2. Michael Turner RB Atlanta
3. Clinton Portis RB Washington
4. Adrian Peterson RB Minnesota
5. Kris Jenkins NT NYJ

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm shocked most people don't have Peyton in their top 5 MVP rankings. I think as of now it's

1. Clinton Portis
2. Kurt Warner
3. Peyton Manning
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Drew Brees

fenikz
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Peyton's stats right now are ok but not amazing

4th in yards and tds, 14th in completion %, 15th in QB rating, thrown the 7th most picks in the league, average completion length is 23rd and his team is under achieving

abaddon41_80
11-24-2008, 01:23 PM

4th in yards and tds, 14th in completion %, 15th in QB rating, thrown the 7th most picks in the league and his team is under achieving

But he is carrying the Colts by himself. Going by what 'MVP' stands for he wins because without him the Colts would be like 2-9.

MVP: Peyton Manning (Runner-up: Adrian Peterson)
OPOTY: Drew Brees (Runner-up: Kurt Warner)
DPOTY: Albert Haynesworth (Runner-up: Kris Jenkins)
OROTY: Matt Forte (Runner-up: Matty Ice)
DROTY: Chris Horton (Runner-up: Brandon Carr)
Coach of the Year: Mike Smith

fenikz
11-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Wow someone is jealous of Arizona

not gonna point any fingers but ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

derza222
11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
It's already been said and pretty well outlined by BJoe but I'll just reiterate it. Kris Jenkins has absolutely been the number one reason for the Jets transformation on defense and definitely deserves serious DPOY consideration. He'll probably get less votes than he should because of his stats even though they're very good for a nose, but he's been an animal.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
But he is carrying the Colts by himself. Going by what 'MVP' stands for he wins because without him the Colts would be like 2-9.

MVP: Peyton Manning (Runner-up: Adrian Peterson)
OPOTY: Drew Brees (Runner-up: Kurt Warner)
DPOTY: Albert Haynesworth (Runner-up: Kris Jenkins)
OROTY: Matt Forte (Runner-up: Matty Ice)
DROTY: Chris Horton (Runner-up: Brandon Carr)
Coach of the Year: Mike Smith
that could be said about:

AD, Brees, Warner, Rivers, Portis, prolly even Matty Ice and Forte as well as basically any top5 QB.

wicket
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
MVP: if saints make playoffs Drew Brees otherwise Kurt Warner.
OPOTY: the guy not winning MVP
DPOTY: Albert Haynesworth
OROY: Matt Ryan

Dam8610
11-24-2008, 02:38 PM

4th in yards and tds, 14th in completion %, 15th in QB rating, thrown the 7th most picks in the league, average completion length is 23rd and his team is under achieving

Seriously? He has had no run game for most of the year, a defense that struggles to get off the field most of the time, an OL in flux all year, and has had to overcome his own knee injury. The Colts are 7-4 right now with 5 "4th quarter comebacks" as the stat is defined. He also has 9 TDs and 1 INT in his last 4 games with the Browns, Bengals, and Lions coming up, so look for those stats to shoot up fairly soon.

Even Bill Simmons, one of the most well known haters of the Colts and Peyton Manning, has acknowledged how great Manning has been this season:

Put it this way: If Tom Brady played every down after two summer knee surgeries, limped around for all of September, kept his injury-depleted team alive with some clutch plays, rounded into shape and improbably positioned his team as a sleeper contender, I'd be covered in body oil and sparkle right now. Peyton Manning has to be the MVP through 11 weeks. As Mike "I Wish I Could Go Back In Time And Talk Dog Out of Leaving" Francesa would say, that is a yooge, YOOGE job by Peyton Manning. Gotta hand it to him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/picks/081121

abaddon41_80
11-24-2008, 02:44 PM

AD, Brees, Warner, Rivers, Portis, prolly even Matty Ice and Forte as well as basically any top5 QB.

Matty Ice isn't carrying his team, Michael Turner and the 9th ranked defense is. If you take Matt Ryan away from them they would still have 4 or 5 wins. Warner has two All Pro caliber receivers and a third who is arguably the best #3 in the league so he has more help around him than Peyton. Brees is carrying his team a lot like Manning but isn't playing as well and his team has a worse record. Rivers is having a great season but with a losing record he doesn't have a chance. Forte is pretty much the only weapon on Chicago's offense but Orton is having a great season and the defense is ranked 12th. AD you could make a case for because the Vikings defense isn't very good and neither is their passing game and that is why I have him as the runner-up.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Matt Turner disappeared a couple of times, and Matt came through. U really believe that they would win with any QB they had last year?

just to look at the stats is a horrible, horrible way of judging. The Bears defense has been horrible horrible horrible especially against the pass. The Falcons Defense is nothing to be proud of and hell no they certainly didnt win them any games

Dam8610
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM

The Vikings just won without Peterson, Brees you're right about but they're probably not making the playoffs anyway, Leinart might have the Cardinals in relatively the same position considering how god awful that division has been, I'm pretty sure the Redskins have won a game or two without Portis, the Falcons have been fairly reliant on their run game all year. You might have something with Matt Forte considering he's leading his team in rushing and receiving, but that's why I think he should win rookie of the year.

That said, I think the poster who gave the Colts 2 wins without Peyton was generous. Considering how bad every other aspect of the team's game has been at various times throughout the year, this team would be close to Lions bad without Peyton.

abaddon41_80
11-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Matt Turner disappeared a couple of times, and Matt came through. U really believe that they would win with any QB they had last year?

If know they still would have against Detroit, Kansas City, and Oakland and I think they still would have beaten one or two of Green Bay, Chicago, Philadelphia, and New Orleans. There is not 1 game that the Colts have played so far that I think they could have on without Manning

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 02:49 PM
There was no way they would have beaten Green Bay, Chicago Phily. maybe a 10% chance vs New Orleans. i mean they didnt even beat Philly with Ryan

Geo
11-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Seriously? He has had no run game for most of the year, a defense that struggles to get off the field most of the time, an OL in flux all year, and has had to overcome his own knee injury. The Colts are 7-4 right now with 5 "4th quarter comebacks" as the stat is defined. He also has 9 TDs and 1 INT in his last 4 games with the Browns, Bengals, and Lions coming up, so look for those stats to shoot up fairly soon.
I'm kind of hoping Peyton doesn't win it. I'd rather the team win a Super Bowl than he win a third MVP award, and we've seen MVPs not win championships even if that might have coincidental at times. Also, the less said about this Colts team, the better imo. Thank you Eric Allen for not putting them in your Top 5, <3.

But at the end of it, Peyton's building an argument, so whatever happens happens. No other quarterback comes close to his quality and quantity of signature wins this season, other than Collins and Eli who have team stigmas attached to them. I suppose Favre could make a push, although anyone that loses to Oakland automatically loses MVP candidacy imo. Although I habe Jenkins in my Top 4, lol ...

fenikz
11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Peyton can be the 2nd half MVP but the award accounts for the whole season and unless Warner gets injured he is gonna have the best QB stats of playoff teams

Geo
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM
There's no way I can vote for Warner when he has the two best wide receivers in the game in Boldin and Fitzgerald, and not near enough quality wins to his name. Getting the Cardinals to a division win and probably a #2 seed is a major selling point that I'm sure the sheep voters will eat up, but it's not enough imo. I can't say I really care about his stats thanks to blowing up the NFC West. Peyton can't play the Texans six times a year, and when he was blowing bad teams up as an MVP, he was setting records.

Warner needs to play well in Philly this Thanksgiving, and against the Vikings and the Patriots, to make it happen. He does that, gets two wins of the three, and he's most likely the MVP. He was good against the Giants, that helps him.

All that said, Portis and AD shouldn't be overlooked. Those guys have been great all season, as has Kris Jenkins imo. You can't name a player on the Jets front seven not named Jenkins, David Harris, and maybe a few would get Calvin Pace too. Vernon Gholston would get more mention, and he's not contributing as a rookie, as he develops in their defense.

Other than those three, the rest were there last year when the defense couldn't rush the passer or stop the run, they were awful. And Harris has been injured this year, missing a number of games. Jenkins is the best NT in the AFC, if not the league right now.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Barton is a beast for me in IDP!

Geo
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
God bless fantasy, you become aware of the lesser-known guys. I'm sad I've lost Greg Camarillo for the rest of the season. :(

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Greg Camarillo is out? :/

Dam8610
11-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Peyton can be the 2nd half MVP but the award accounts for the whole season and unless Warner gets injured he is gonna have the best QB stats of playoff teams

So according to you is 2004 Peyton Manning's best regular season? Because IMO his best regular season to date was 2006, and he's challenging that this season. He didn't put up close to his best numbers in 2006, he was off by about 18 TD passes and 1.3 YPA, but that offense was so good, it carried the team most of the year in a 12 win season by converting 3rd downs (I believe the Colts finished above 50% on 3rd down that year) and scoring when they had to. This year, the offense is doing pretty much the same thing, only with no running game (the Colts don't even average 80 YPG rushing, that's dead last in the NFL), and a better redzone TD% (72% vs. 66%).

MetSox17
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
For all the hype Albert Haynesworth and Kris Jenkins get, DeMarcus Ware isn't gonna just let them walk cleanly to the DPOY trophy.

Strengthening his case this week. 15 sacks on the year with four games left.
You want consistency?

Ware has only gone sackless in ONE game this season. He's my DPOY.

gsorace
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
For all the hype Albert Haynesworth and Kris Jenkins get, DeMarcus Ware isn't gonna just let them walk cleanly to the DPOY trophy.

You want consistency?

He's the best pass rusher in the league if you ask me, and he is easily the best player on "the most talented team in the NFL"

tylerb929
11-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Warner didn't help his case much tonight.

CashmoneyDrew
11-27-2008, 10:31 PM

You want consistency?

What's the word on his injury? I saw him make Walter Jones look like a little girl a couple of times in the first half.

MetSox17
11-27-2008, 10:36 PM
What's the word on his injury? I saw him make Walter Jones look like a little girl a couple of times in the first half.

It's a minor knee sprain. Thankfully there's 9 days until we play again, it's nothing serious, he walked around on it pretty comfortably after the game was over. In his post game interview he said it shouldn't be anything that'll take playing time from him, so i'm not very worried.

And he did own Walter Jones pretty bad. He's easily the best LB in the entire league, regardless of position. No one can do as much as he does.

CashmoneyDrew
11-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Titans could've had him. We took pacman instead.....

MetSox17
11-27-2008, 11:24 PM

At least you got something in return for Jones. Look at the Lions and Mike Williams..

OzTitan
11-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Only one game without a sack? wow, that's impressive.

Still though, for some reason it seems slightly less impressive as a 3-4 OLB than it would be as a defensive lineman. I guess it's because a OLB's path to the QB can more often seem easy as a result of confusing scheme, where as a 4-3 DE is more about beating his man (or double team). Still very impressive though for sure.

MetSox17
11-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Only one game without a sack? wow, that's impressive.

Still though, for some reason it seems slightly less impressive as a 3-4 OLB than it would be as a defensive lineman. I guess it's because a OLB's path to the QB can more often seem easy as a result of confusing scheme, where as a 4-3 DE is more about beating his man (or double team). Still very impressive though for sure.

Yeah, the Tampa Bay game was the only one where he was held sackless, and i'll be damned if he didn't get chipped and double teamed every single play that game.

In our defense, Ware lines up on the outside and rushes the passer pretty much like a normal DE, but is often standing up. He gets double teamed constantly, at the very least chipped by the RB, so his non-stop motor is what makes him so consistent with sacks. He covers better than just about any LB, so his versatility should not be under-valued.

D-Unit
11-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Not only is Ware good in rushing the passer... Has anyone noticed him in downfield coverage?

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! He does it all. Rush, stuff the run, cover. Hands down the best defensive player in the NFL this year.

GB12
11-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Not only is Ware good in rushing the passer... Has anyone noticed him in downfield coverage?

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! He does it all. Rush, stuff the run, cover. Hands down the best defensive player in the NFL this year.
I don't think you can say hands down because Hayneswoth has been dominating, but I love me some DeMarcus Ware.

The Dynasty
11-28-2008, 12:42 PM

Same here....Instead we took Troy Williamson......2005 Draft worst draft us.

MVP: Kurt Warner
Offensive Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson
Defensive Player of the Year: Albert Haynesworth
Rookie of the Year: Matt Ryan
Coach of the year: Jeff Fisher
Dont know if this is an award...Breakout player of the year: Matt Cassel
Comeback Player of the Year: Joey Porter

MetSox17
11-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Tom Coughlin is gonna make a case before it's all said and done, for COTY.

Kurt Warner has allowed others like Portis and Peterson to catch up again with the way they played against Philly.

D-Ware for DPOTY!

Dam8610
12-22-2008, 09:34 AM
MVP: Peyton Manning (runner-up: DeAngelo Williams)
OPOY: Philip Rivers (runner-up: DeAngelo Williams)
DPOY: DeMarcus Ware (runner-up: Albert Haynesworth)
OROY: Matt Ryan (runner-up: Matt Forte)
DROY: Curtis Lofton (runner-up: Jerod Mayo)
CBPOY: Chad Pennington (runner-up: Kerry Collins)
COY: Tony Sparano (runner-up: Mike Smith)

d34ng3l021
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Curtis Lofton over Jerod Mayo? Mayo is a tackling machine, and he will get it. Lofton has been improving every game though. He has become a force against the run.

Xonraider
12-22-2008, 02:17 PM
When are these players going to be named?

vidae
12-22-2008, 02:18 PM
MVP: Dengelo Williams
OPOY: Deangelo Williams
COY: Tony Sparano

d34ng3l021
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
it's a weak MVP year when half the named candidates have spent at least half the season playing mediocre football at best.

Agreed. The one player who has been playing lights out for most of the season is on a terrible team (Phillip Rivers).

SeanTaylorRIP
12-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Not how I think it should go, how I think it will go:

MVP: Peyton Manning, runner up: Ben Roethlisberger
OPOY: Drew Brees, runner up: Adrian Peterson
DPOY: Demarcus Ware, runner up: Albert Haynesworth
OROY: Matt Ryan, runner up: Chris Johnson
DROY: Jerod Mayo, runner up: Antoine Cason
CPOY: Joey Porter, runner up: Antonio Bryant
COTY: Mike Smith, runner up: Tony Sparano

The Legend
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM