PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Thigpen- Is he forreal?

LarryJohnson27
11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
@ NYJ- 25/36 69.4% 280 pass yds 2 TD's 0 INT's
vs. TB- 14/25 56% 164 yds 1 TD O INT's (1 rec TD)
@SD- 27/41 65% 255 pass yds 3 TD's O INT's

bored of education
11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I think he is a very capable quarterback, and at this moment I dont think he is the answer.

I wrote this in another thread:
I think if Stafford(dpending on who declares)is gone you go in a different direction. Next year the Chiefs will have Quinn Gray, Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle and Thigpen on the roster so I think you keep the best of them and still rebuild the rest of the team. Fill some more holes and see if you get any progress out of the QB position.

If Tyler has these types of performances (the ones you posted) another 5-6 weeks then the Chiefs can sacrifice not drafting a qb esp if one is not their at their pick in the 1st round. I used the wrong theres, there.

bored of education
11-09-2008, 06:48 PM
The analyst said that Thigpen reminds him of Rich Gannon and I see that alot the more Tyler plays.

vidae
11-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I like Thigpen. I'm officially on the bandwagon. He's playing well, he isn't turning the ball over, and every week he's getting better and better.

If he plays this well down the stretch, and we're competitive in every game like we have been the past three weeks, I could see us skipping QB all together and drafting OL, DL or MLB.

dabears10
11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I enjoy watching Tyler Thigpen play. There is not enough information to know whether or not Thigpen could be a long term answer.

Breaker
11-09-2008, 06:57 PM
lol at only Chief's fans commenting in this thread. Seems like no one else cares.

I sure do hope he is forreal, so the Chiefs won't draft a QB high this upcoming draft.
Send Stafford to Houston.

Brent
11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Send Stafford to Houston.
Why wouldnt the Lions take him at #1? Not to mention that with all the money invested in Schaub, I dont think they would even consider a QB.

Breaker
11-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Why wouldnt the Lions take him at #1? Not to mention that with all the money invested in Schaub, I dont think they would even consider a QB.

****, forgot about the Lions. We still got competition.

Schaub is injury-prone, doesn't look like it'll change after two season. I, and other Texans fans, have given up on this unreliable QB. I hope to draft a good prospect at QB, and start Schaub as the QB develop, just incase Schaub does turn out to be a bust. It still might be too early to tell.

I would hope the situation turns out to be like what the Charger had with Brees/Rivers, instead of like the Browns with Anderson/Quinn.... so we can get some value in return to whom ever we trade. I just don't think we can trust either Sage/Schaub anymore, until proven otherwise.

Vox Populi
11-09-2008, 07:14 PM
The Chiefs still need to take a quarterback in the first round if the opportunity is there. Luckily for Thigpen though, it seems unlikely that any underclassmen other than Stafford declare and quarterback is the Lions greatest need, so it might be a moot point.

Its been three games, and yeah, Thigpen has played admirably in the games, the Jets game impressed me the most. I only caught the last 54 seconds of this game and only watched the end of their game against the Bucs. His stat line is impressive, but still... three games.

The one thing I do have to say. The Chiefs should NOT under and circumstances spend a draft pick on a quarterback if they don't have a shot at a first round underclassmen. Creating a quarterback controversy with a couple young potential filled guys will kill the Chiefs development because they'll decide to wait to find out about their current quarterbacks instead of taking a top prospect when they are there for the taking.

If I were a Chiefs fan, the way I'd want things to play out would be to take Orakpo in the first round with Stafford already off the board and go BPA all day long just like they did last year while avoiding selecting a quarterback. Dump Johnson for the best offer they can find also. His contract is dead weight at this point unfortunately.

PoopSandwich
11-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Don't the Chiefs need offensive line very badly?

Basileus777
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM

The right side of our line is complete trash, but you don't take RG/RT with a top 5 pick. Hopefully we have our LT of the future in Albert.

vidae
11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
The Chiefs still need to take a quarterback in the first round if the opportunity is there. Luckily for Thigpen though, it seems unlikely that any underclassmen other than Stafford declare and quarterback is the Lions greatest need, so it might be a moot point.

Its been three games, and yeah, Thigpen has played admirably in the games, the Jets game impressed me the most. I only caught the last 54 seconds of this game and only watched the end of their game against the Bucs. His stat line is impressive, but still... three games.

The one thing I do have to say. The Chiefs should NOT under and circumstances spend a draft pick on a quarterback if they don't have a shot at a first round underclassmen. Creating a quarterback controversy with a couple young potential filled guys will kill the Chiefs development because they'll decide to wait to find out about their current quarterbacks instead of taking a top prospect when they are there for the taking.

If I were a Chiefs fan, the way I'd want things to play out would be to take Orakpo in the first round with Stafford already off the board and go BPA all day long just like they did last year while avoiding selecting a quarterback. Dump Johnson for the best offer they can find also. His contract is dead weight at this point unfortunately.

I agree. Dump Johnson, take DE or MLB in the first round this year to bolster that defense, and go BPA (maybe picking up a G) the rest of the draft. Stick to our board like last year.

Yes and no. Branden Albert is a freaking stud at LT, Brian Waters is as good as ever and I like what Rudy Niswanger, our Center, brings to the table. I'm not very happy with how Damion McIntosh has been playing so I think he needs to be replaced, but when your defense only has 6 sacks on the year, and when you're dead last in run D, you have to go DE or MLB with your first selection.

I would love for us to land Herman Johnson in the second if possible. He could start immediately at RG for us.

Vox Populi
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Everyone without a smallish ZBS wants Herman Johnson in the second.

NIN1984
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Those should have been 3 wins for the Chiefs. But yeah I think Thigpen is pretty good.

etk
11-09-2008, 08:28 PM
He's really good at lobbing it up to Tony Gonzalez and letting him make ridiculous catches. That's for sure. Kind of reminds me of Derek Anderson that way.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Someone with the name Thigpen will never be good.

MetSox17
11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
****, forgot about the Lions. We still got competition.

Schaub is injury-prone, doesn't look like it'll change after two season. I, and other Texans fans, have given up on this unreliable QB. I hope to draft a good prospect at QB, and start Schaub as the QB develop, just incase Schaub does turn out to be a bust. It still might be too early to tell.

I would hope the situation turns out to be like what the Charger had with Brees/Rivers, instead of like the Browns with Anderson/Quinn.... so we can get some value in return to whom ever we trade. I just don't think we can trust either Sage/Schaub anymore, until proven otherwise.

No matter how injury prone Schaub has seemed right now, you don't sacrifice two first round picks and a big contract, just to draft a guy in the first round two years later. If next year he doesn't amount to anything, then you go to the draft pool.

leroyisgod
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Let's see how he can close out the season this year. It's too easy to say he's for real. When he starts winning some games I'll jump on the wagon.

Im_a_Romosexual
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I think he's proven to be a capable backup, but not a #1 guy

at least IMO

Splat
11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
He's really good at lobbing it up to Tony Gonzalez and letting him make ridiculous catches.

Thats not all he has done kid has been playing smart football and moving the ball around he finds the open man.

I'm not saying he is the next Tom Brady or any thing but he has been doing more then just lobbing up balls.

DHVF
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Tyler Thigpen is the man and will lead the Chiefs to the promise land.

Dr. Gonzo
11-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Tyler Thigpen is the man and will lead the Chiefs to the promise land.

He is indeed awesome but he is no JDB.

Xiomera
11-09-2008, 09:23 PM
No. Thigpen is horrible. The Chiefs should trade up for Stafford with Detroit. We only want your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder + a 1st in 2010.

Thigpen is, however, good enough for my fantasy team. haha

tjsunstein
11-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I think he needs a fully capable surrounding cast around him before you draft someone else especially the way he has been playing. I would like to see how he plays with a developed O-line and the Larry Johnson we used to know.

eazyb81
11-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't know if he's for real or not, but I do know that I haven't seen a KC QB play like this in years. He's a great fit for Chan Gailey's offense, and it would be amazing if we struck gold with him, but let's see how he finishes.

Honestly though, with the lack of talent on both sides of the ball right now, it's incredible that he's even done this well. Our leading rusher today was Dantrell Savage, a UDFA from this year's draft, and our second leading receiver was Mark Bradley, a guy we picked up in free agency just a couple weeks ago. And we haven't even mentioned the defense yet.

BeerBaron
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
My suggestion:

No matter how he plays, if the team finds a Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford looking at them in the face as when they're picking in the first round, they apparently didn't do so hot as a team. Don't pass on a franchise QB to keep around the guy who still leads your team to a 4-12 ish season.

vidae
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
My suggestion:

No matter how he plays, if the team finds a Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford looking at them in the face as when they're picking in the first round, they apparently didn't do so hot as a team. Don't pass on a franchise QB to keep around the guy who still leads your team to a 4-12 ish season.

He hasn't started every game this year. This was his fourth start and we've played nine games.

For what he has to work with, he is doing an incredible job, and right now our lack of a pass rush and problems stopping the run are bigger concerns to me than drafting a QB who might not even see the field next year.

BeerBaron
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
He hasn't started every game this year. This was his fourth start and we've played nine games.

For what he has to work with, he is doing an incredible job, and right now our lack of a pass rush and problems stopping the run are bigger concerns to me than drafting a QB who might not even see the field next year.

I'm just saying.....its incredibly unlikely that he performs well all season and you find yourself in a position to be drafting a franchise caliber QB. QB success usually leads to team success by default. You have to almost not be trying in other areas to outdo it......

But if you end up 4-12 or so, and your picking top 5, and you have a Bradford or a Stafford looking at ya...I'd still take him. Best case you end up with a DA/Quinn or Brees/Rivers situation.

PackerLegend
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
After 7 more games you will get most of your questions answered.

Menardo75
11-10-2008, 12:05 AM
I really like what I have seen from him. Guess time will tell if he is the guy or not.

bored of education
11-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Still, if Stafford or Bradford is available at our pick in the 1st we should not pass up on that QB.

The Legend
11-10-2008, 07:10 AM
804 Total Yards and 7 Touchdowns in 3 games. Is very impressive.

Splat
11-10-2008, 08:11 AM
804 Total Yards and 7 Touchdowns in 3 games. Is very impressive.

With out a int.:)

If he keeps it up and I know big IF I want the Chiefs to go DE or MLB in the first round those are our bigger needs as of now.

villagewarrior
11-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Obviously if Stafford or Bradford are there the Chiefs need to go that route. Still, its encouraging to see Thigpen play so well. We just need to see if he can win a game, he has proven he can get the team close. Of course, if he had any kind of a running game or a defense that could stop Avila University's offense, he would be helped immensely.

The Legend
11-10-2008, 08:40 AM
With out a int.:)

If he keeps it up and I know big IF I want the Chiefs to go DE or MLB in the first round those are our bigger needs as of now.

True. But whats with you avatar is it that big of a deal that a 300+ pound man beat a linebacker lol

eazyb81
11-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Obviously if Stafford or Bradford are there the Chiefs need to go that route. Still, its encouraging to see Thigpen play so well. We just need to see if he can win a game, he has proven he can get the team close. Of course, if he had any kind of a running game or a defense that could stop Avila University's offense, he would be helped immensely.

The injuries on defense have just been ridiculous. Someone posted on a Chiefs board yesterday that this was our defense for most of the 2nd half yesterday:

DE: Brian Johnston
DE: Wallace Gilberry
DT: Glenn Dorsey
DT: Tank Tyler
WLB: Rocky Boiman
MLB: Weston Dacus
SLB: Donnie Edwards
CB: Brandon Carr
CB: Maurice Leggett
SS: Bernard Pollard
FS: Jon McGraw

That's rookies from Valdosta St, Grand Valley St, Gardner Webb, another undrafted rookie, and 2 guys from off the street. The fact that the Chiefs were even close is amazing.

vidae
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
We're missing Turk McBride, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Pat Thomas, Brandon Flowers and Jarrad Paige.

Awesome.

Jimmy
11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
And Suddenly, Tyler Thigpen Is So Much More Than Just a Skeleton-Molesting Nobody:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/11/thigpen.jpg

bored of education
11-10-2008, 11:44 AM
And Suddenly, Tyler Thigpen Is So Much More Than Just a Skeleton-Molesting Nobody:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/11/thigpen.jpg

I am so jealous of Lindsay Lohan. She needs to hit the tanning bed though.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-10-2008, 11:57 AM
I remember Vikings fans were very enthused about him. And pissed off when they let him go.

UK_Cheesehead
11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Tyler Thigpen is baby jesus.

Imagine him and Jordyzzz on the same team. wow.

locseti
11-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Someone with the name Thigpen will never be good.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/locseti/thig.jpg

Former pro-bowler Yancey Thigpen begs to differ.

Babylon
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Do the Chiefs have any history of drafting QBs early? I guess Todd Blackledge in 83 would be it, Len Dawson wasnt drafted by the Chiefs and obviously Montana wasnt either. I agree with the poster that said by the end of the season the Chiefs will know a lot more about Thigpen. What you get by going with him is you can add some important pieces around him whereas going with a Stafford or a Bradford is a big investment when you need so much else overall.

BuckNaked
11-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I remember Vikings fans were very enthused about him. And pissed off when they let him go.

For a brief moment, my life revolved around the life and doings of Tyler Thigpen.

bored of education
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
For a brief moment, my life revolved around the life and doings of Tyler Thigpen.

that is my life currently

vidae
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Do the Chiefs have any history of drafting QBs early? I guess Todd Blackledge in 83 would be it, Len Dawson wasnt drafted by the Chiefs and obviously Montana wasnt either. I agree with the poster that said by the end of the season the Chiefs will know a lot more about Thigpen. What you get by going with him is you can add some important pieces around him whereas going with a Stafford or a Bradford is a big investment when you need so much else overall.

I'd like to see how he develop as the season goes on. Being a starter in this league for the first time always takes a toll on the mind and the body, so we'll see how he holds up physically (because durability with our QBs has been a BIG concern) but moreso I want to see how he holds on MENTALLY. So far, he's been outstanding, but it will take more time to see.

And, I completely agree to the latter point of your post. We will know what we have in Tyler at the end of the year but if we draft a QB high, we're spending a lot of money in one position when it's pretty clear we need help at DE and MLB more if Thigpen continues to play well.

Splat
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
But whats with you avatar is it that big of a deal that a 300+ pound man beat a linebacker

HOF'er taking out a HOF'er who doesn't want to see that?:)

LarryJohnson27
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Now I know that it's only been three weeks, and he still has very much to improve, but the numbers aren't the only reason why I believe Thigpen could possibly be the QBOTF. What some might not realize is he's really playing like a veteran. He's smart with the football, but willing to take risks, as he's not playing scared like previous young QB's with a somewhat misleading TD:INT ratio. I've also noticed that's he's not locking on to one guy, and he's looking off DB's. He goes through his progressions well, and if he sees the oppurtunity to run he will get as much yardage as possible or throw the ball away if protection is breaking down and he's about to get sacked. Still ways to go, but he's deffinitely off the a wonderful start. We'll see how he finishes the season.

CC.SD
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't have a single negative thing to say about Thigpen. I do have to add that the Charger defense has made every QB look good this year.

awfullyquiet
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm just saying.....its incredibly unlikely that he performs well all season and you find yourself in a position to be drafting a franchise caliber QB. QB success usually leads to team success by default. You have to almost not be trying in other areas to outdo it......

But if you end up 4-12 or so, and your picking top 5, and you have a Bradford or a Stafford looking at ya...I'd still take him. Best case you end up with a DA/Quinn or Brees/Rivers situation.

BB. You have to think about how much the FO can take with that kind of money they'll HAVE to dish out to Stafford or Bradford. They're looking at contracts BIGGER than matt ryan last year. That'll break an organization.

RaiderNation
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
He was horrible at the beginning of the year, but not hes playing pretty good. I think the chiefs would still probably draft a QB if a good is is avalible.

vidae
11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
He played terribly the first half of the Atlanta game and has been very good since then.

bored of education
11-11-2008, 10:55 AM
He has been the best qb ever since then

giantsfan
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
He has been the best qb ever since then

I hesitate to be the first but is it time for...Tyler Thigpenzzzzzz?

bored of education
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I hesitate to be the first but is it time for...Tyler Thigpenzzzzzz?

*TylerZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ThigpenZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

giantsfan
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
*TylerZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ThigpenZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Kazakhstani scientist have determined that 6 z's is the ideal number of z's for world domination.

bored of education
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Kazakhstani scientist have determined that 6 z's is the ideal number of z's for world domination.

TYLERZZZZZZZ THIGPENZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ hasnt determined it

Pokeys
11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
The next Romo but without the picks, fumbles, and 300+ Yard passing games. Initially I thought he was bad but hes really doing a great job.

giantsfan
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
The next Romo but without the picks, fumbles, and 300+ Yard passing games. Initially I thought he was bad but hes really doing a great job.

Tom Brady wishes he was born 15 years later so he could be the next Tylerzzzzzz Thigpenzzzzzz!

tjsunstein
11-11-2008, 03:37 PM

Prettyy good comparison. Best one yet.

Who would be a better QB, Jordyzzzzzz or Tylerzzzzzz?

Who would win? A Hurricane or Mike Ditka? Easy. Mike Ditka. What is the hurricane was named Mike Ditka? Ooh. Tough one. I'd still have to give it to Ditka on this on.

etk
11-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Thats not all he has done kid has been playing smart football and moving the ball around he finds the open man.

I'm not saying he is the next Tom Brady or any thing but he has been doing more then just lobbing up balls.

I didn't say that's all he's done, but I'm just putting things in perspective. He throws a lot of balls into coverage and he's lucky he has good receivers to pluck his passes. Depending on who you ask, that kind of risk-taking can be a good thing or a bad thing.

At the very least, he's smart enough to know what receiver to throw to and trust....

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:34 PM
His int at the end of the game was garbage so in my mind it doesnt count. the play calling in the the red zone killed the chiefs. they ran it 80% of their plays in the red zone.

bowe > you

tt > your starting qb (minus about 14 of you)

MetSox17
11-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Haven't paid much attention to this thread, but let's assume that Thigpen maintains the level of his play right now (doesn't get better or crappier), does this deter the Chiefs from drafting a quarterback in the top five?

I'd still take the best available guy, honestly, (which would probably be Bradford), and let Thigpen play until you can no longer take it, but does anyone here feel they should address a bigger need over QB, because of this?

D-Unit
11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
I think he's good enough to win the SB if the team is strong in other areas. It's the "getting strong in other areas" part that I have more doubts on with the Chiefs.

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Haven't paid much attention to this thread, but let's assume that Thigpen maintains the level of his play right now (doesn't get better or crappier), does this deter the Chiefs from drafting a quarterback in the top five?

I'd still take the best available guy, honestly, (which would probably be Bradford), and let Thigpen play until you can no longer take it, but does anyone here feel they should address a bigger need over QB, because of this?

I have been debating this for a while. I think you still draft a franchise QB. Go with Thiggy next year and groom the young guy.

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I think he's good enough to win the SB if the team is strong in other areas. It's the "getting strong in other areas" part that I have more doubts on with the Chiefs.

They only issues I see is coaching/play calling and the lack of rush on the QB. They are running the ball decent and since the 1st few weeks they run D is stepping up. So I would say they biggest issues=DE, MLB and some more Oline and maybe another play maker on offense.

MetSox17
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I have been debating this for a while. I think you still draft a franchise QB. Go with Thiggy next year and groom the young guy.

This would be the route i would take as well, but you never know. They have a great draft to work on from this past April's, so the last thing they need is to butcher a top five pick this coming draft.

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
This would be the route i would take as well, but you never know. They have a great draft to work on from this past April's, so the last thing they need is to butcher a top five pick this coming draft.

The player I see as worthy of a top 5 pick don't address their primary needs. DE, MLB. That is what sucks this year. Thats how I see it. In the end I wouldn't mind Orakpa then trading back into the 1st for Brandon Spikes. I need to ssee more from Orakpo to give him a top 5 ranking though

MetSox17
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
The player I see as worthy of a top 5 pick don't address their primary needs. DE, MLB. That is what sucks this year. Thats how I see it.

Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Brian Orakpo, Sam Bradford/Matt Stafford.

Pick one.

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Brian Orakpo, Sam Bradford/Matt Stafford.

Pick one.

Branden Albert has played very well. Do you throw him back to guard and make a beastly left side of the line for years to come???

MetSox17
11-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Branden Albert has played very well. Do you throw him back to guard and make a beastly left side of the line for years to come???

Lol, completely forgot about that guy. My bad. Yeah, i've heard much good things about Albert, but no, i think you leave him there since he has shown he can play one of the three toughest positions (QB, CB, LT) in football.

That leaves.. Orakpo. How's Dorsey doing, btw? I think you can take a chance on a talented guy that declares falling, or developing a second round guy (eww, another brodie croyle experiment). But Brian Orakpo's don't come around every year..

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Lol, completely forgot about that guy. My bad. Yeah, i've heard much good things about Albert, but no, i think you leave him there since he has shown he can play one of the three toughest positions (QB, CB, LT) in football.

That leaves.. Orakpo. How's Dorsey doing, btw? I think you can take a chance on a talented guy that declares falling, or developing a second round guy (eww, another brodie croyle experiment). But Brian Orakpo's don't come around every year..

See I have watched Orakpo alot. I dunno how I feel aobut him. I dont give him a high grade as of yet.

Dorsey is getting better every week. He has spent alot of time in the backfield on runs and passes during the last few weeks.

MetSox17
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
See I have watched Orakpo alot. I dunno how I feel aobut him. I dont give him a high grade as of yet.

What are your thoughts of him?

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:56 PM
What are your thoughts of him?

I think he is solid(10-15) but not top 5 material yet.

MetSox17
11-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I think he is solid(10-15) but not top 5 material yet.

Well you never know, Herm Edwards might play himself out of a top five pick.

bored of education
11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Well you never know, Herm Edwards might play himself out of a top five pick.

You never know with ole Hermy

T-RICH49
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
You never know with ole Hermy

would'nt that be our luck

vidae
11-18-2008, 01:47 AM
I'd take Orakpo in that situation personally. Our pass rush has been ABYSMAL. Barring a top DE, I'd personally go for MLB after that, with OT coming in third.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I want to get Thigpen the shot to be "the guy" here for a long time. I think he has it in him.

diabsoule
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM
I'd take Orakpo in that situation personally.

I'm on the fence on what you guys need more: an OT or DE.

vidae
11-18-2008, 01:54 AM

I'd pick DE 100 times out of 100 at this point. Like I've stated in another thread, we have -six- sacks on the year. Some PLAYERS on other teams have more than six. That's just pathetic.

Basileus777
11-18-2008, 06:07 AM

Drafting an OT would be pointless, we already have a LT. You don't use top 5 picks to draft a position you don't need in order to move a promising young player like Albert to a less valuable position like guard.

ChezPower4
11-18-2008, 07:31 AM
I'd take Orakpo in that situation personally. Our pass rush has been ABYSMAL. Barring a top DE, I'd personally go for MLB after that, with OT coming in third.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I want to get Thigpen the shot to be "the guy" here for a long time. I think he has it in him.

The way Thigpen has played thus far I'd say that he's earned himself a chance next year at the very least. Every week he's getting better. The Kansas City is young and they may have something there in Thigpen.

I'd agree with your draft selections DE is a big need for you.

Menardo75
11-18-2008, 11:06 AM
I had the Cheifs taking Orakpo in my mock, I think that would be best for them. If some of the JR. tackles declare there is no reason why they could'nt land a started in round two.

Sportsfan486
11-19-2008, 12:26 AM
He's real in the sense that I really enjoy starting Dwayne Bowe on my fantasy team now. Bowe has always been beastly but never had a QB to get him the ball.. Thiggy is doing that.

I think his stats and performance are getting inflated thanks to the system the Chiefs are currently using.. BUT.. with LJ in the backfield and two SUPERB pass-catching weapons in Gonzo and Bowe, there's no reason he can't keep playing well.

kmartin575
11-19-2008, 04:31 AM

Well we already have our LT in Branden Albert and you don't take right tackles in the top 5 IMO so that leaves our 1st round pick to a DE, at least if the choice is between DE and OT.

21ST
11-19-2008, 08:05 AM
of course he is forreal 803 stand up

awfullyquiet
11-19-2008, 12:10 PM
thigz for lyfe

seriously though. i do think he's getting better every week. i do not know what his ceiling could be though... common logic says... he can't get much better.

Babylon
11-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I think they'll have a choice to make if Bradford declares (Detroit seems to have locked up the top QB). If Sam becomes Tom Brady or Troy Aikman down the road then Tyler Thigpen is going to be the answer to a lot of trivia questions assuming they go in a differant direction.