PDA

View Full Version : Will Hiller QB Western Michigan

gator3guy
11-11-2008, 11:55 PM
This guy is very intriguing to me. He's a 6'5 230 pound Jr. QB. He's over 3,000 yards already and has a 30-5 TD-INT ratio (I have a thing for guys with good ratios). He led WMU in an upset this week over Illinois. WMU only has 2 losses this year and a large part is due to him. Unfortunately Western Michigan games are not hotbeds for national TV and I have not seen this guy play!!! Can anyone give me any insight on him? What kind of prospect is he?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170735

CantStopGregJones
11-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I believe you mean Tim Hiller and he's nothing special unless he suddenly learned a thing or two about playing under pressure while in college. We drew his team(Orrville) in the first round of the playoffs. All week long everyone from the fans to the papers to them mouthing off in those papers was telling us how Tim Hiller and their passing attack was going to rip apart our run stuffin oriented defense. All this even though we were the #1 seed and Hillers troops snuck in at #8. Well turns out the guy can't handle a little heat we sacks the guy countless times and stuffed the rushing attack for -54 yards. He managed to score just 10 points on a bunch of corn fed farm boys. 7 of which came on a 3 yard drive because we fumbled on our opening snap.

Unless the guy has learned how to deal with a pass rush then I don't think he has any pro potential...maybe a career backup.

Smokey Joe
11-12-2008, 07:19 AM
thats a great story and all, but he's a few years removed from high school, and one can only think he has progressed as a QB.

gator3guy
11-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh damn i meant Tim. Was thinking Will Heller for some reason. My mistake.

villagewarrior
11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I believe you mean Tim Hiller and he's nothing special unless he suddenly learned a thing or two about playing under pressure while in college. We drew his team(Orrville) in the first round of the playoffs. All week long everyone from the fans to the papers to them mouthing off in those papers was telling us how Tim Hiller and their passing attack was going to rip apart our run stuffin oriented defense. All this even though we were the #1 seed and Hillers troops snuck in at #8. Well turns out the guy can't handle a little heat we sacks the guy countless times and stuffed the rushing attack for -54 yards. He managed to score just 10 points on a bunch of corn fed farm boys. 7 of which came on a 3 yard drive because we fumbled on our opening snap.

Unless the guy has learned how to deal with a pass rush then I don't think he has any pro potential...maybe a career backup.

Yes, he played horribly in high school, therefore he can't possibly play in the league, nevermind being a starter at an NCAA Division I program with an NFL frame and a 30-5 TD-Int ratio. Of course, he sucked in one high school game, he can't play.

AkiliSmith
11-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes, he played horribly in high school, therefore he can't possibly play in the league, nevermind being a starter at an NCAA Division I program with an NFL frame and a 30-5 TD-Int ratio. Of course, he sucked in one high school game, he can't play.
Your wrong.

I played against A.J. Hawk in 8th grade and we beat his team 40-0. Obviously he never amounted to anything because of that one beating.

Ozzy
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Just in terms of his physical attributes the kid will get a look at the NFL next year. I have never seen him play so I cannot speak on his abilities but any 6-5 235 pound quaterback will get consideration if he shows any potential at all to throw the football. Just look at Gibran Hamdan of Indiana, that kid at Indiana was just a big stout kid with a strong throwing arm and is still in the NFL as a backup QB and will be nothing more than that.

EvilMonkey
11-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Your wrong.

I played against A.J. Hawk in 8th grade and we beat his team 40-0. Obviously he never amounted to anything because of that one beating.

i think he was also being sarcastic....

CC.SD
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
A small school prospect putting up crazy stats? Unheard of.

Turtlepower
11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
A small school prospect putting up crazy stats? Unheard of.

Western Michigan is not a small school. As was previously mentioned, he did just lead his team to a win over Illinois.

CC.SD
11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Western Michigan is not a small school. As was previously mentioned, he did just lead his team to a win over Illinois.

I know, I know. Just foolin around.

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 11:58 AM
He's probably the closest thing to a 1st round QB the MAC has had since Ben Roethlisberger.

Turtlepower
11-12-2008, 11:58 AM
He's probably the closest thing to a 1st round QB the MAC has had since Ben Roethlisberger.

Omar Jacobs.

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Omar Jacobs.

I said 1st round. Not 4th round

Turtlepower
11-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I said 1st round. Not 4th round

Omar Jacobs was the shiznit.

princefielder28
11-12-2008, 12:19 PM

I would say Nate Davis has a better shot as a first rounder than Hiller

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I would say Nate Davis has a better shot as a first rounder than Hiller

Until he measures in at like 6'0"

princefielder28
11-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Until he measures in at like 6'0"

He's a solid 6'2"

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 12:26 PM
He's a solid 6'2"

I really hope he is but we'll see come Combine time

AkiliSmith
11-12-2008, 12:59 PM
i think he was also being sarcastic....
I know, I was just piling on the sarcasm

CantStopGregJones
11-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Say what you want, but every single film of him in high school and COLLEGE has shown any time you get pressure on him he completely folds and starts looking more like Charlie Frye than Ben Roethlisberger.

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Say what you want, but every single film of him in high school and COLLEGE has shown any time you get pressure on him he completely folds and starts looking more like Charlie Frye than Ben Roethlisberger.

Except for his win over Illinois this week

gator3guy
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM

You can say that about a lot of QBs. That's why teams that dominate the Line of Scrimmage are successful.

PeterWarrick9
11-12-2008, 06:04 PM
From a guy who watches MAC football, he is better than Dan LeFevour and I fully stand behind this statement.

Adequate arm with adequate touch. Has EXCELLENT chemistry with his WR, especially Jamarko Simmons.

Jamarko Simmons, I like this guy in the draft when he declares. Late rounder, but oh well, I like him.

Definitely watch Hiller in WMU's bowl game. 2nd best QB in MAC behind Davis.

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
From a guy who watches MAC football, he is better than Dan LeFevour and I fully stand behind this statement.

Adequate arm with adequate touch. Has EXCELLENT chemistry with his WR, especially Jamarko Simmons.

Jamarko Simmons, I like this guy in the draft when he declares. Late rounder, but oh well, I like him.

Definitely watch Hiller in WMU's bowl game. 2nd best QB in MAC behind Davis.

I agree he's a better prospect than LeFevour. LeFevour gets a lot of hype because of his rushing TD totals but his passing is nowhere near as refined as Hiller's is.

I think If both Davis and Hiller stay for their senior years, Tim Hiller will end up being the best QB prospect out of the MAC due to his size and arm

neko4
11-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Dan Lefevour

I actually cant really argue since ive never seen Hiller

CantStopGregJones
11-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Except for his win over Illinois this week

hmm they weren't putting any heat on the guy.

You can say that about a lot of QBs. That's why teams that dominate the Line of Scrimmage are successful.

McNabb, Favre, Roethlisberger, Romo, Brady, Manning they all make plays even while starring down a pass rush.

Well Romo is is either way sometimes he does and other times he's a huge fail.

princefielder28
11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Dan Lefevour

I actually cant really argue since ive never seen Hiller

Dan LeFevour!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

He's not a first rounder though

Smokey Joe
11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
It's kinda cool that I know someone who is gonna be playing in the MAC next year...

EDIT: Who woulda thought, 3 pretty decent QB prospects coming out of the MAC in one year.

gator3guy
11-12-2008, 08:32 PM
It's kinda cool that I know someone who is gonna be playing in the MAC next year...

EDIT: Who woulda thought, 3 pretty decent QB prospects coming out of the MAC in one year.

Yea the MAC QB's are very good. I don't think any of them are gonna be star's but their may be some starters out of the bunch.

Davis
LaFevour
Hiller
Sheehan
Willy

And the first four are Jr's so we still haven't seen their best play as of yet.

Too bad the MAC-West is stacked. The MAC championship would be an interesting matchup. I still like to watch those games though. Pretty entertaining from an offensive standpoint.

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 01:53 AM
What position do you guys think LaFevour would project as in the pros besides QB.

ESimsfan87
11-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I've interviewed LeFevour and he's such a class act. He's one of those players that simply doesn't care about personal accomplishments.

But to answer your question: he played running back in high school. He doesn't have the speed to do that on the next level and will have to be QB or nothing.
I'm almost certain he doesn't come out this year. But as far as MAC QB's go, Davis should come out and it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Hiller did either. He has a tremendous arm, kind of a Joe Flacco type where he plays for a team that you wouldn't expect a big time QB play from, but he can just get it done. He's been benefiting from having Wide Reciever Jamarko Simmons at his side. Every Mac media member wants to compare Simmons with Greg Jennings, he doesn't have that speed, but he will be a very good number 2 for someone within two years, take that to the bank. And I hate Western Michigan, since I go to Central Michigan...

SuperKevin
11-13-2008, 08:15 AM
What position do you guys think LaFevour would project as in the pros besides QB.

None. He's not a gifted enough athlete to play anything else in my opinion

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
11-13-2008, 08:28 AM
But to answer your question: he played running back in high school.

LeFevour played Quarterback in high school at Benet Academy in Lisle, IL.

ESimsfan87
11-13-2008, 09:01 AM
LeFevour played Quarterback in high school at Benet Academy in Lisle, IL.

Yeah, you're right my bad. I remember him saying how he started off at Running back, think like his freshmen year or something and eventually switched.

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
That's too bad because he is a hell of a football player, a lot of fun to watch.

neko4
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I've interviewed LeFevour and he's such a class act. He's one of those players that simply doesn't care about personal accomplishments.

But to answer your question: he played running back in high school. He doesn't have the speed to do that on the next level and will have to be QB or nothing.
I'm almost certain he doesn't come out this year. But as far as MAC QB's go, Davis should come out and it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Hiller did either. He has a tremendous arm, kind of a Joe Flacco type where he plays for a team that you wouldn't expect a big time QB play from, but he can just get it done. He's been benefiting from having Wide Reciever Jamarko Simmons at his side. Every Mac media member wants to compare Simmons with Greg Jennings, he doesn't have that speed, but he will be a very good number 2 for someone within two years, take that to the bank. And I hate Western Michigan, since I go to Central Michigan...

Im not too suprised that Western Michigan has a good QB since they often have a good passing attack. Also how is Jamarko Simmons anything like Greg Jennings physically or athletically. Isnt he like 6-2 220+? Makes no sense to me that people would make that comparison. I dont compare all of Ohio State's WRs to each other why would I do it for Westrn Michigan.