PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young: Where do we go from here?

CC.SD
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
First let's get this out of the way:

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/124668_main.jpg

Vince Young is an emo kid, let's all point and laugh at crying Vince Young.

Okay, now that that's done; what does the future hold for the 2006 OROY? The Titans have been the definition of a steady ship since he lost the wheel. As far back as 2006 there have been voices in the crowd proclaiming the defense the real reason behind the Titans' resurgence and that's borne out as the truth.

Does that mean Vince is worthless to the Titans? Is he done with them? Kerry Collins is a million years old and barring a Jim Plunkett scenario they are going to need a QB eventually and I think it's fair to ask at this point if VY is their long term solution.

His ceiling is still extremely high, but now you have to throw head issues into the pot with "funky release", "inconsistent ball placement" and "questionable decision making." Is this the QB of a team that is going to be defense oriented, run first, for the forseeable future? Even allotting that he matures with time, I'm not sure we'll ever see consistency from him at the level a vet like Kerry provides.

I'm not trying to hate on VY, but personally I think the writing is on the wall for him in TN and props to them because they're 9-0 with a 3rd overall pick parked on their bench and a 6th overall pick in Goodell's purgatory.

So where does he go? Who would want him? There are plenty of teams without long term solutions at QB, so let's look at what might fit him.

KC: Herm Edwards is a players' coach and they're a young developing team, so I could maybe see it happening. However, Thigpen is playing lights out and they're likely to draft a QB high anyway.

Houston: The hometown team has been up and down, but mostly down, with Schaub. Who knows, but maybe.

Jets: Yeah right. But I'm going through the divisions in my head and once Favre retires, Clemmens doesn't exactly have a lock on the job. But if the media scrutiny was too intense in freaking Tennessee...

San Fran: Bizarre fit but the Shaun Hill era doesn't exactly have a great ring to it. Martz's presence obviously kills his shot here but the likelihood of Martz staying in any job more than a couple seasons is pretty low. They've had some success with mobile QBs though, I've heard. :) Then again, they tend to be accurate ones, which VY is not.

Buccaneers: Gruden+Young=no.

Carolina: I'm gonna give Delhomme the benefit of the doubt here and say he's not close to being done by a long shot.

Minnesota: Not likely after the Tarvaris Jackson experiment.

Detroit: I'm not sure but if Calvin gets a vote the answer is probably no. He played with Reggie Ball for too long.

Chicago: Is neckbeard the answer?

So if you've managed to get all the way down here, here's my question to you: is there a starting spot for Vince Young somewhere in the league? How much more developing will he be doing--how drastically have our expectations of him changed? Will he ever redeem himself?

P-L
11-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Well it doesn't look like the Titans need him. All Kerry Collins does is win games.

Turtlepower
11-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Well it doesn't look like the Titans need him. All Kerry Collins does is win games.

Isn't that what everyone used to say about Vince Young?

P-L
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Shhh.... http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Yatta!
11-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I think he'll stay in Tennessee for a while - if he sorts his head out then I could easily become a starting calibre QB and his ceiling is ridiculous. Maybe some time to watch and learn is what he needs.

And I can't see another team being willing to trade for him.

CJSchneider
11-12-2008, 10:41 AM

I wanted to vote "Counseling" but it's not an option.

San Fran: Bizarre fit but the Shaun Hill era doesn't exactly have a great ring to it. Martz's presence obviously kills his shot here but the likelihood of Martz staying in any job more than a couple seasons is pretty low. They've had some success with mobile QBs though, I've heard. :) Then again, they tend to be accurate ones, which VY is not.

I would be OK if that happened.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-12-2008, 10:41 AM
He still has a lot of potential to be great in Tennessee. But let me just say some things first. I think that people who thought he would take some time to adjust to the NFL were right. There were 4 major reasons for his success in his rookie year. First, and most important, Kerry Collins made the Titans look much worse than they were. He was very new to the offense, and it showed. Vince took over a team that was not actually a top-5 pick contender. Second was the defense. It wasn't a statistically great unit by any means, but it came up big when it mattered, and got stronger when Vince was playing. Third is plain dumb luck. When you get sacked, but the guy lets go of you, that is luck. When the opposing QB throws a boneheaded pick in the last minute like that, it's dumb luck. When you're kicker makes a 62-yard game winner, that is pretty lucky(but no disrespect to Bironas, he's great. Just there is a reason why 62 is only one yard shy of the record). And the final reason is a lack of familiarity. The AFC South faced Vick just once, his injury shortened year of 2003(the only AFC south team to not face him at all was TN). So QBs that mobile was not something the division, and the conference as a whole were used to seeing. This made him difficult to plan for because there was no NFL film of him at the time.

I think his early successes got to his head. He needs to take the time to relax, learn to be humble and begin to learn how to pass effectively. He'll always be a running threat, but unfortunately he seems to get hurt from that so he can't rely on it as his main weapon. But if he can become an above average passer, his running ability(provided he stays healthy) will make him a top flight QB. Will that happen in Tenn? Well they won't cut him, and Collins is old. So unless they get a big trade offer, I expect him to get his shot there. If he can't, I'm not sure he can do it anywhere.

11-12-2008, 10:49 AM
PS

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2627/vincedownunedited4gp.jpg

SON OF A *****

CC.SD
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
PS

SON OF A *****

ooooh the dagger hurts so good. Ugh.

Yatta! actually has a good point--Vince, of the 3 2006 QBs, was supposed to be the developmental project, the guy who needed time. He got off to such a hot start he never got to watch--maybe Kerry will show him the way he needs to play to become a steadying force.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I LOVE what the Titans are doing with him, let him sit and learn, if he was ever going to be a good QB this was the way to let it happen...Collins isn't the future, but it's his team now and he's an experienced vet, I was excited for Vince to learn behind McNair but it never got to happen so I think he should sit this entire year, learn how Kerry moves the chains, prepares, doesn't make mistakes, and it will help him overall.

The verdict is still out on Vince and Leinart, I'm not ready to call them a bust, but it will tell ALOT about each guy with how they show up next year...They are both in good spots now, but you have to want it, and if Vince does the little things he needs to do now he can go on and lead this team next year.

He doesn't have to make alot of plays with his arm like Cutler because of the way this team is built, and he can present more of a threat with his legs, he's just got to work on his footwork, making the simple throws, I still believe he can be a good starter but he should come back next year much improved otherwise it's gonna be safe to call him a bust.

bored of education
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
HE would be a great back up QB.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2008, 12:16 PM
PS

SON OF A *****

Wasn't there instant replay during that game?? Still, that was probably one of the best moments in my life when we won that game :D

RaiderNation
11-12-2008, 12:19 PM
He will start next season for the Titans

11-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Wasn't there instant replay during that game?? Still, that was probably one of the best moments in my life when we won that game :D

I think replay came the year after. But yeah, epic, EPIC game. I was really happy about it too. All this talk of Vince Young made me think about how awesome he was in college, especially that game.

scar988
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
One thing that has been noted is that QB's who played in college in a pro style offense not only adjust to the NFL game extremely well, but also have a better career production. that being said, Vince Young played in a gimmick offense at Texas and needs to learn how to really play the game in Tennessee while on the bench.

MetSox17
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM

If i remember correctly, it did get reviewed.. I'm almost positive. Let me wiki it

Edit- Nevermind. From Wikipedia
The lateral, which appeared to have been made after Young's knee had touched the ground, was not reviewed because of issues with the replay equipment. The game continued with a failed extra point attempt by Texas, which, not knowing of the equipment issues, appeared to rush the attempt hoping to get the play off before the previous play could be reviewed.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jo-replay111006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Yahoo! Sports has learned the wrong television feed had been plugged into one of the monitors of the video replay system. The mistake meant that replay officials did not have the necessary camera angle to properly review Texas' first touchdown. A replay official said the feed mixup might have led to another mistake earlier in the game. On that play, it was ruled that USC's Reggie Bush fumbled

Menardo75
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Vince sktill has a good chance to be a very good NFL QB. I also think it will be with Tennessee.

CashmoneyDrew
11-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't mind him sitting next year either. We really do need a go-to WR badly. I know some of my fellow fans and other prognosticators say we are a ball control/run oriented offense and don't need to pass that much. However, if the Titans were going to stay this way long term I don't believe they would've brought back Heimerdinger and used a number 3 overall pick on a QB just to manage the game. If we give him maybe another year of learning and one or two nice targets in the passing game, I think he can become a successful NFL QB. Also, his time on the bench this season has probably served his ego well. Whenever I watch a Titans game I hardly ever see the camera on him on the sidelines and the announcers don't really talk about him either.

Rayray52
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
The cover of madden 2010

The Legend
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Play him at wide out they dont got anyone better. 6yrs 60 Millions isnt that much.
He's acts like a girl and he looks like a girl when he runs not to mention the girly throws.

awfullyquiet
11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
He's a bigger whinier josh johnson.

Brent
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I thought that was just the defense and running game saving him while he threw INT after INT?

San Fran: Bizarre fit but the Shaun Hill era doesn't exactly have a great ring to it. Martz's presence obviously kills his shot here but the likelihood of Martz staying in any job more than a couple seasons is pretty low. They've had some success with mobile QBs though, I've heard. :) Then again, they tend to be accurate ones, which VY is not
I would throw up in disgust.

He's a bigger whinier josh johnson.
But Johnson is accurate...

DragonFireKai
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Al Davis is going to trade Namndi Asmuga, Kirk Morrison, and Thomas Howard to the Titans for Vince Young, who will promptly be signed to a $250 million contract, and he'll retire after one season.

CashmoneyDrew
11-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Al Davis is going to trade Namndi Asmuga, Kirk Morrison, and Thomas Howard to the Titans for Vince Young, who will promptly be signed to a $250 million contract, and he'll retire after one season.

I just got a raging boner.

soybean
11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
it's going to take a lot more than just a year.

the guy can't throw and i can't even say he has bad mechanics because he HAS no mechanics.

his legs will keep him in games but don't expect a superbowl any time soon.

he's a super athelte though so with hardwork it can be done but we're going to have to see progressive soon or it might be a little too late.

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Madden Curse. His career is in jeaopardy. Will he ever be good? It's a maybe.

PoopSandwich
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I couldn't make it past the picture that scared the **** out of me when I saw it because of how random it was.

TheBuffaloBills
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I dont know about you, but I only see Vince as a top 5 QB overall, or completely out of the League. I dont see him being an average QB. Just spectacular or nothing. But hey, thats just me.

Brent
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I dont see him being an average QB. Just spectacular or nothing. But hey, thats just me.
I need to go back and find that post but I remember when people were having raging arguments about VY I think me and maybe like two other people were like, "he could just be average?" when there was a huge thread that really boiled down to people saying he's going to be one of the league's best or a total bust and nothing in between.

Babylon
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Some success with another team starting next year. Don't think he'll be on the field again for the Titans, unless it's walking to the locker room.

neko4
11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
He shouldnt have started from day one in the first place. It may have ruined his career. I think he'll be okay, but its gonna be tough.
I wonder if one of the reasons he's having emotional problems is because he is use to being able to outrun everyone and look like god.

Or maybe he's just a big baby.

BeerBaron
11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Maybe it won't be this season, but Tennessee has a heavy enough investment in him that he'll be given a chance there again. Collins won't hold up forever or else he wouldn't have been their backup QB to begin with........

I think he gets another shot there within 2 seasons and that will make or break things for him. Collins really isn't doing anything complicated from the games I've seen, and if Vince can at least master that plus use his legs, he could be dynamic again for that team.

Bucs_Rule
11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
People are putting too much faith in Kerry Collins. 2 seasons ago he looked so hopelessly awful that Fisher to started VY. Just cause he is playing well doesn't mean he will keep it up. He's always been highly inconsistent, theirs a reason why he's a journeyman.

Pretty much everyone in the media agreed that he needed 1 or 2 years without playing to just develop. I think its too early to give up on him and with him being so raw and having no confidence he needs a lot of time to develop.

Sniper
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
His ******* knee was down, dammit!

Sniper
11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060104/060104_young_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

FRAUD!

steelersfan43
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
PS

SON OF A *****

What happened after that? did he get up and keep running or did he pitch it? I dont see how he could have got back up without the refs noticing.
is there a video?

Sniper
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
What happened after that? did he get up and keep running or did he pitch it? I dont see how he could have got back up without the refs noticing.

He pitched it.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM

He pitched the ball to Ramonce Taylor I believe on an option and he ended up scoring or getting down to the 1, the play is blurry right now in my head but it wasn't questionable enough during fast time for the refs to blow the whistle.

11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
His ******* knee was down, dammit!

Are you secretly an SC fan ? :)

Sniper
11-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Are you secretly an SC fan ? :)

I was rooting for them in that game and I also put money on them. **** you Vince! **** you and your 467 yards of offense!

MetSox17
11-12-2008, 09:30 PM
He pitched the ball to Ramonce Taylor I believe on an option and he ended up scoring or getting down to the 1, the play is blurry right now in my head but it wasn't questionable enough during fast time for the refs to blow the whistle.

Yeah, he did pitch it to Ramonce, and he scored. It got stopped but the refs in the booth screwed up the feed and they couldn't overturn the call.

AlexDown
11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
is there a video?

Did you just start watching football last year?

JackoWacko
11-12-2008, 09:49 PM
put young in the cfl where he belongs. he is to inaccurate and injury prone to be an effective pro qb. if u put him at wr championship. he will know wat the qb is thinking so he will make a great reciever. championship

steelersfan43
11-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Did you just start watching football last year?
No, ive been a fan my whole life and I watched the game, I just couldn't remember that particular play.

Starvsnr
11-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Here are 3 mystery QB stats for the year of 2006, Young's best year.

COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD INT RAT
223 388 57.5 2236 5.76 48 12 15 68.2
184 357 51.5 2199 6.16 53 12 13 66.7
252 393 64.1 2454 6.24 75 10 17 72.0

QB1 - J. Harrington
QB2 - V. Young
QB3 - C. Frye

All of these QB are in the same ballpark. Harrington and Frye lost their jobs obviously due to there lack of ability. This is why I don't understand Young supporters, he does not win games, his team does. If the Titans had Harrington or Frye, would there still be people singing their praises? And as a Madden curse goes, usually the player is top 5 in their respective position in the league and drops horribly the next year. He was one of the was one of the worst in 06 and 07. He did not break any curse, this will be apparent as you see that 06 and 07 is his average production.

TitanHope
11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
VY will be starting next season. Fisher has left no wiggle room when talking about this. Collins is doing great in the present, but as far as the future goes, VY is the guy.

I'm a VY supporter. I know his flaws, but I know he's a special player. The biggest knock on him is that he thinks he needs to be Superman. He came in in '06, and had to make the SportsCenter top plays list in order for the team to win. In '07, that was not the case, but Vince still felt like he needed to in order for the team to win and for the critics to be quiet. I think sitting and watching Collins will hopefully do him wonders, and he will realize that he doesn't have to do it all by himself.

Keep in mind that the Titans didn't have a player nearly as gifted as Chris Johnson to pair with Vince. CJ will help more than a "#1 WR" will in his progression.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-12-2008, 10:55 PM
For the time being, keep him in practice and give him plenty of snaps in practice. Collins is a vet who knows this offense, so he doesn't need excessive reps. Let Vince know that he can win the job moving forward (2009 and further), but only if he truly shows he can do it. See how he reacts. Depending on how that works out, let him name drop into trade considerations and see if any good offers float your way.

I still think Vince Young can be a good NFL quarterback, but he obviously has some things to work out. If the Titans can dangle a carrot in front of him and give him some purpose to strive for, maybe he'll react how they hope and become a viable NFL starter. Obviously Kerry Collins has been good this year, but I wouldn't count on him next season or beyond. The Titans are neither so young nor so old that they can let that position slack between a questionable youngster and an aging vet.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Offtopic but what happened to Ramonce Taylor? I remember alot of people liked this guy as a prospect.

Rayray52
11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
The McDonalds down the street is hiring, if he works on his accuracy he'll either be a bust or an elite burger flipper

MetSox17
11-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Offtopic but what happened to Ramonce Taylor? I remember alot of people liked this guy as a prospect.

He got caught with weed and was kicked off the team by Mack. Sat out the year and tried getting drafted to no avail.

Good guess is he's selling tupper-ware door to door.

BeerBaron
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
put young in the cfl where he belongs. he is to inaccurate and injury prone to be an effective pro qb. if u put him at wr championship. he will know wat the qb is thinking so he will make a great reciever. championship

wooooooooooooow......this was ignored? lol

Rayray52
11-13-2008, 12:13 AM

He had a tryout in Febuary with the Chiefs and they were thinking about signing him to play special teams, but he was arrested shortly after for violating his parole (2 positive drug tests among others) and sentenced to 5 months in jail.

OzTitan
11-13-2008, 03:17 AM
The way I look at that knee/pitch thing in the rose bowl is this - if he fumbled that instead of pitching and USC took it back the other way, would it have been ruled down before the fumble? I don't know if it would have been. From that picture there, it looks to me like he may have technically lost possession. But then perhaps that's just an exceptionally blurry picture.

trkaline
11-13-2008, 04:25 AM

IncredibleDraftDude is back, sound the Alarm!!!!!!

BlindSite
11-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Somehow I can see him getting back into the starting lineup. He was thrown to the wolves too early, but the emergence of collins, or rather, re-emergence gives the coaches the opportunity to see what he struggles with in the NFL and adjust that.

AlexDown
11-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Rightfully so ignored.....

CC.SD
11-13-2008, 12:17 PM
The way I look at that knee/pitch thing in the rose bowl is this - if he fumbled that instead of pitching and USC took it back the other way, would it have been ruled down before the fumble? I don't know if it would have been. From that picture there, it looks to me like he may have technically lost possession. But then perhaps that's just an exceptionally blurry picture.

What?

It wasn't blurry in real life; it was a blown call--kae serra serra, whatever will be, will be.

oh and the IDD'ing...yeah, just keep walking...ignore the crazy ranter...

TitanHope
11-13-2008, 12:37 PM
The Titans have had success with QB's turned WR's like Drew Bennett and Justin Gage...

Not sayin', just sayin'...

Jvig43
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Okay, now that that's done; what does the future hold for the 2006 OROY? The Titans have been the definition of a steady ship since he lost the wheel. As far back as 2006 there have been voices in the crowd proclaiming the defense the real reason behind the Titans' resurgence and that's borne out as the truth.

Does that mean Vince is worthless to the Titans? Is he done with them? Kerry Collins is a million years old and barring a Jim Plunkett scenario they are going to need a QB eventually and I think it's fair to ask at this point if VY is their long term solution.

His ceiling is still extremely high, but now you have to throw head issues into the pot with "funky release", "inconsistent ball placement" and "questionable decision making." Is this the QB of a team that is going to be defense oriented, run first, for the forseeable future? Even allotting that he matures with time, I'm not sure we'll ever see consistency from him at the level a vet like Kerry provides.

I'm not trying to hate on VY, but personally I think the writing is on the wall for him in TN and props to them because they're 9-0 with a 3rd overall pick parked on their bench and a 6th overall pick in Goodell's purgatory.

So where does he go? Who would want him? There are plenty of teams without long term solutions at QB, so let's look at what might fit him.

KC: Herm Edwards is a players' coach and they're a young developing team, so I could maybe see it happening. However, Thigpen is playing lights out and they're likely to draft a QB high anyway.

Houston: The hometown team has been up and down, but mostly down, with Schaub. Who knows, but maybe.

Jets: Yeah right. But I'm going through the divisions in my head and once Favre retires, Clemmens doesn't exactly have a lock on the job. But if the media scrutiny was too intense in freaking Tennessee...

Buccaneers: Gruden+Young=no.

Carolina: I'm gonna give Delhomme the benefit of the doubt here and say he's not close to being done by a long shot.

Minnesota: Not likely after the Tarvaris Jackson experiment.

Detroit: I'm not sure but if Calvin gets a vote the answer is probably no. He played with Reggie Ball for too long.

Chicago: Is neckbeard the answer?

So if you've managed to get all the way down here, here's my question to you: is there a starting spot for Vince Young somewhere in the league? How much more developing will he be doing--how drastically have our expectations of him changed? Will he ever redeem himself?

Funny how a chargers fan is bashing someone on another team for crying and being emo...........

Addict
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Funny how a chargers fan is bashing someone on another team for crying and being emo...........

he didn't bash your team, he bashed Vince Young. And rightfully so.

as for how vince young will end up:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PJPulmudtj8/R_L73WGHCsI/AAAAAAAAAKw/-_MfWHRgEnI/s1600/un%2Bemo%2Bnegro.jpg

[/thread]

TitanHope
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
he didn't bash your team, he bashed Vince Young. And rightfully so.

Why was it rightful to bash VY?

Addict
11-13-2008, 03:19 PM

1. because it's fun to see titan fans freak out
2. just because
3. bashing players on other teams is about 80% of this board anyways
4. see 2
5. because I thought it was funny, thus it was justified IMO.
6. this thread FINALLY gives me a proper home for the crying black guy picture that I've wanted to use on -black, but he left before I got the chance.

TitanHope
11-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Hey now! Ewing's gone now, so no need to incite the Titans fans! :P

And your pic is a X for me...

BlindSite
11-13-2008, 03:23 PM

Is it really that bad if its true? Vince Young is an immature overgrown superman right now.

Jvig43
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
1. because it's fun to see titan fans freak out
2. just because
3. bashing players on other teams is about 80% of this board anyways
4. see 2
5. because I thought it was funny, thus it was justified IMO.
6. this thread FINALLY gives me a proper home for the crying black guy picture that I've wanted to use on -black, but he left before I got the chance.

Well you thought bashing VY was funny, I found a chargers fan bashing him for the reason he was crying was funny considering Lt cries and pouts about everything.

TitanHope
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Is it really that bad if its true? Vince Young is an immature overgrown superman right now.

You say that as if it's against the norm for a young person to have moments of immaturity.

Fact of the matter is that since the media overblew the events after VY's injury, Vince has done nothing to contradict that he's willing to be humbled in favor of the team's success. Yet, people still focus on one moment of understandable weakness and frustration, and call him immature and a baby for it.

giantsfan
11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Well you thought bashing VY was funny, I found a chargers fan bashing him for the reason he was crying was funny considering Lt cries and pouts about everything.

CAT FIGHT!!
http://www.cats-mania.com/albums/cat-fight/catfight-5.jpg

awfullyquiet
11-13-2008, 03:36 PM

more importantly. chargercohen of all people.

Jvig43
11-13-2008, 03:42 PM
CAT FIGHT!!
http://www.cats-mania.com/albums/cat-fight/catfight-5.jpg

If cats ever fought like that id be down for one.

CC.SD
11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't even think this thread is bashing: I put up the emo kid pic to "get it out of the way" because I specifically didn't want this thread to devolve into Vince bashing.

Which it has.

So great job on my part. I swear I just wanted to start up a legit discussion about the future of VY. I got called out for being too homerish so I'm trying to put it to bed by talking about something else I find interesting.

And stay away from LT, it's off topic and there's absolutely no comparison between a locked in hall of famer and Vince Young.

AQ: hey I'm just happy you remember my old sn.

Joker_232
11-13-2008, 10:39 PM

worst moment in mine...

Addict
11-14-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't even think this thread is bashing: I put up the emo kid pic to "get it out of the way" because I specifically didn't want this thread to devolve into Vince bashing.

Which it has.

So great job on my part. I swear I just wanted to start up a legit discussion about the future of VY. I got called out for being too homerish so I'm trying to put it to bed by talking about something else I find interesting.

And stay away from LT, it's off topic and there's absolutely no comparison between a locked in hall of famer and Vince Young.

AQ: hey I'm just happy you remember my old sn.

lol I think most people who've been here for longer than a few months remember the original you :D

Also, since we're being serious, I do think the titans will try their best to straighten Young out, I'm just not entirely sure it'll work.

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 01:34 AM
he would definately bring a different type of style to the arena league...

jsa230
11-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Fisher is a smart guy and he has plans for younf boyond this season, right now he is watching collins and learning how to manage the game. If they could get a qb coach to work on vinces biggest weakness,(imo) his mechanics , then he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Fisher is a smart guy and he has plans for younf boyond this season, right now he is watching collins and learning how to manage the game. If they could get a qb coach to work on vinces biggest weakness,(imo) his mechanics , then he has a very bright future ahead of him.

What was wrong with Norm Chow? that man is a QB Guru

jsa230
11-14-2008, 01:43 AM
ITs plain and simple. HIs play calling didint mach up with the teams style of play.You can credit norm for bringing in lendale

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 01:45 AM
ITs plain and simple. HIs play calling didint mach up with the teams style of play.You can credit norm for bringing in lendale

im not sayin as an offensive coordinater. you said he needs a coach who can work on his fundamentals? whats any other coach gonna do that Norm couldnt

jsa230
11-14-2008, 01:48 AM
idk maan im not trying to argue with you but he needs Mike Vik to come coach him when he gets out of prison

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 01:54 AM
idk maan im not trying to argue with you but he needs Mike Vik to come coach him when he gets out of prison

oh im not trying to argue either, i just like norm chow alot....given im a SC fan, but idk.

Just dont like Vince as a player in the NFL really...

CC.SD
11-14-2008, 01:58 AM
lol I think most people who've been here for longer than a few months remember the original you :D

Also, since we're being serious, I do think the titans will try their best to straighten Young out, I'm just not entirely sure it'll work.

That's true, but consider joker232 just above me...he was deprived of my previous screenname, the poor soul!

Ah, joker232, your teams are exactly the same as mine, minus the unnatural Eagles fanhood. Step fully into the golden SoCal sun!

okay, maybe a little under the influence...

jsa230
11-14-2008, 02:02 AM
im one too, its past my bed time in the central time zone so you follas keep it real and joker i like vince

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 02:12 AM
im one too, its past my bed time in the central time zone so you follas keep it real and joker i like vince

aight, thats cool. im not gonna hate you for that! :) good night friend!

11-14-2008, 02:35 PM

I think he said it just so people didn't come in and say he was emo.

smittyjs
11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
He will start next season for the Titans
QFT...............:)

BBIB
11-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Vince Young seems to be taking this all in stride. Anyone see the enthusiasm he showed at the end of that Titans game vs the Jags?

This could only help Vince Young in the future learning behind Kerry Collins. The last QB of that franchise to learn behind a veteran QB? Steve McNair. That guy turned out to be pretty good.

You know I've often written of the demise of Vince Young but when you think about it, the guy has only started 2 years. The first he was ROTY and the 2nd was an awful one. But hey that could have been a sophmore slump. We actually never got to see what Vince Young could have done this year.

And although it's safe to say they wouldn't be undefeated, we also have to remember that the Titans were a 10-6 team last year. It's not exactly like the Titans were the Texans last year. This team did make the post-season. And if they had raised their win total 2 more games like they did from Vince's 1st to 2nd year, we could be talking about a potential 12-4 Titans team this year with Vince Young at QB. And who would be calling him a bust at that point?

bigbluedefense
11-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Why don't they run some wildcat with Vince?

I guess maybe theyre saving that for the playoffs? Id save it for the playoffs.

Turtlepower
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I think they told Vince that they are redshirting him this year...

nrk
11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Man, I wouldn't want to be Vince Young next year if he starts and fails the team. They're gonna want his head. If Collins doesn't come back next year (maybe retires with a ring or whatever the situation may be), how early do Titans get a QB in the draft?

Race for the Heisman
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Willie Beamen/Cap Rooney redux?

OzTitan
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Man, I wouldn't want to be Vince Young next year if he starts and fails the team. They're gonna want his head. If Collins doesn't come back next year (maybe retires with a ring or whatever the situation may be), how early do Titans get a QB in the draft?
I think from now on, as long as Fisher is HC and if Vince doesn't turn the corner on his development, the Titans will be another one of those teams that tries to get by on a veteran QB as much as possible.

DeathbyStat
11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
can't the Titans use him for gadget plays

Brent
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Willie Beamen/Cap Rooney redux?
Beaman had an awesome arm, though.

captainjack27
11-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I think Vince we'll eventually get back in the saddle, but for now I think the best thing is to hold a clipboard for a year or two behind Kerry Collins.

CC.SD
11-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Beaman had an awesome arm, though.

How can you compare Kerry Collins to Cap? Cap, two time champion and a living legend.

CashmoneyDrew
11-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Why don't they run some wildcat with Vince?

I guess maybe theyre saving that for the playoffs? Id save it for the playoffs.

Probably. They ran some read option with him some his rookie year. They'll probably wait to use it until they have to to stay in a game or during a close game or something.

can't the Titans use him for gadget plays

See above.

Zyro_1014
11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
How can you compare Kerry Collins to Cap? Cap, two time champion and a living legend.

and his disks still spinnin...like your favorite cd baby!

my favorite line in that movie....Cap was the man