PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing players

49ersfan_87
11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Who are some players you had high expectations for, and are now dissapointing?

-RB Marshawn Lynch, Bills. I expected to see complete beast mode this year, too bad he's been pedestrian. To be fair, ill put a disclaimer and say his OL has been awful. Jackson has been pretty decent behind the same OL but he's more of a lighting to Lynch's thunder.

-CB Walt Harris. He played well the first 3 games but he has been burnt toast ever since. He's aging and it shows.

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
The Bills OL is just really really awful.

Dissapoint:

Ocho Stinko

TimD
11-12-2008, 02:16 PM
to be honest im not disappointed with any jets players, just a little disappointed when players aren't consistent.

Brett has been great when he doesn't try to do too much, but when he's about to get sacked he always extends the play into an interception. sometimes taking the sack is necessary, even if it is 3rd down. id much rather punt than give the other team great field position/touchdown with a pick.

Thomas Jones has been a tear recently but there have been a few games where he has been shut down. I'm not saying its all his fault, because those games the d-line played well and our o line didnt get much push. Still tho when he puts up huge numbers some weeks and not good ones others it makes you wonder why.

RaiderNation
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Deangleo Hall, Michael Huff and Javon Walker

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
U actually expected something from walker?

MetSox17
11-12-2008, 03:11 PM
U actually expected something from walker?

For 40+ million g's, i'd expect at least a catch or two

bored of education
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Pat Thomas
Brodie Croyle
Larry Johnson
Patrick Surtain
Napoleon Harris

TheBuffaloBills
11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
I would not be disappointed in Lynch. It is 100 percent the O-line's fault. Peters is extremely mediocre and not anything like the past 2 seasons. Dockery is overrated and was blown up on the first play last week. Fowler is possibly the worst center in the League. Fowler is blocking air in this play.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bb05c9
We always have a backup starting, because someone is always hurt. The only bright spot on O-line has been Langston Walker. If you watch Bills games, you'll see Lynch get stuffed every other run. It isnt his fault at all. BTW, Fred Jackson is my favorite Bill, and is extremely underrated. He is the next Michael Turner due to the situation he is in.

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Ryan Grant somewhat disappointing because of the way he finished last year but seems to be picking it up some.
Ryan Pickett

The rest have been injured.

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Ryan Grant somewhat disappointing because of the way he finished last year but seems to be picking it up some.
Ryan Pickett

The rest have been injured.
uhm the OTs?

Matthew Jones
11-12-2008, 03:27 PM
On the Pats:

RB Laurence Maroney - looks about done as Patriots RB with allegations of problems between him and Hoody.

TE Ben Watson - isn't really factoring into games at all and looks to be useless with Matt Cassel.

LG Logan Mankins - has regressed a bit this year and hasn't looked as dominating as last year.

LOLB Mike Vrabel - 12.5 sacks last year but has only 2.0 so far today.

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2008, 03:28 PM
On the Pats:

RB Laurence Maroney - looks about done as Patriots RB with allegations of problems between him and Hoody.

TE Ben Watson - isn't really factoring into games at all and looks to be useless with Matt Cassel.

LG Logan Mankins - has regressed a bit this year and hasn't looked as dominating as last year.

so u expect Jarvus to start next season?

UKfan
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
For the Colts, Marvin Harrison is my biggest disappointment.

I can accept that he is old, coming off an injury, bla bla bla, he's dropping easy passes and doesn't look like he is trying now, I'd try to trade him or cut him this offseason, he's actually hurting the team now and is on for a big cap figure.

dabears10
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
The Entire DL QB pressure on the Bears.
Tommie Harris gets his own mention.
Nathan Vasher.
And idk Bears Pass D.

Don Vito
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
On the Pats:

I agree on all of those besides Mankins, he has looked great this year. Watson hasn't done too much but he has really improved with his blocking, I think Cassell needs to get him the ball more. Sammy Morris has looked great when he is on the field, but like Maroney he is always hurt which makes him somewhat disappointing in my book.

I think Maroney will get his shot to start again once he comes back, Green-Ellis looks solid but Maroney is a great talent who has had terrible injury problems.

ChezPower4
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
uhm the OTs?

How about our entire O-line, none of them have played that well this year

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 03:39 PM
uhm the OTs?

Other than last week I dont think theyve been disappointing. Inconsistent, yes.

fenikz
11-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Edge
Rod Hood
Alan Branch
Darnell Dockett(just a little i expected him to be DPOY status, i thought he was better than Haynesworth last year)

PACKmanN
11-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Chad Clifton , Mark Tauscher, Jason Spitz, Ryan Grant, Ryan Pickett, Daryn Colledge, Brandon Jackson, Johnny Jolly, Donald Driver, Justin Harrell

In no order.

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Donald Driver?

keylime_5
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
braylon edwards. nuff said.

BuddyCHRIST
11-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Joe Addai, i realize the O-Line is very poor but I drafted him 4th overall in fantasy, so he pissed me off.

Jeremy Shockey, the injury hurt him too but he's already showing character issues and disappears.

Jacksonville Jags, thought they were gonna leap the Colts this year, ended up being the Titans.

DiG
11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
for the skins i would probably say marcus washington and rabach. marcus has picked it up the last couple games but he has been very inconsistent this year and unreliable. he hasnt gotten at the quarterback off blitzes as well as he has in the past and sometimes just seems out of place. rabach has been a multitude of penalties all year and is just getting constantly pushed off center into the backfield too easily.

Jimmy
11-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Dre Bly hasn't been the lockdown corner we were hoping we acquired when we picked him up for next to nothing in tatum bell and george foster, and a pick i believe. He can't cover, and has been more or less made into toast.

TimD
11-12-2008, 04:10 PM

Oh my haha the Jets should really try to get him. The last former Pats RB we got turned out to be pretty damn impressive. Maroney has talent, and you can bet your ass if Mangenious is still running the Jets they'll try to get him. But I doubt they can cause they'll have to trade for him and no way in hell does NE trade anyone to the Jets.

diabsoule
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Jeremy Shockey
Jammal Brown
Will Smith
Charles Grant

Jensen
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Edgerrin James
Leonard Pope
Antonio Smith
Rod Hood

Brent
11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
-Bryant Johnson (thankfully that was only a year long contract)
-Rod Green (looked great last year but not this year)
-Walt Harris (I wish they would just put in Tarell Brown opposite Clements)
-Joe Nedney (early this season he had a few misses)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
11-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Chicago Bears Special Teams and Secondary.

Also San Diego as a whole.

GB12
11-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Chad Clifton , Mark Tauscher, Jason Spitz, Ryan Grant, Ryan Pickett, Daryn Colledge, Brandon Jackson, Johnny Jolly, Donald Driver, Justin Harrell

In no order.
I disagree with the bolded ones.

Daryn Colledge has probably been our best offensive lineman this season. He hasn't been great, but certainly not dissapointing.

Brandon Jackson has been getting a lot of carriers, but he's been good this year. If anything he's a surprise, not dissapointment. He's averaging 5.1 in the limited carries he has and has been a good third down back.

Donald Driver has over 500 hundred yards and has 3 TDs.

Justin Harrell was on the PUP list until 2 weeks ago. Unless you're saying it's dissapointing that he was injured he shouldn't be on that list. I actually like what I saw from him in those two games that he did play, I think he's going to be earning more playing time.

Bengalsrocket
11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Dissapoint:

Ocho Stinko

Did you really expect Chad to get a bunch of catches with a back up QB (with an awful O-line) throwing to him?

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Did you really expect Chad to get a bunch of catches with a back up QB (with an awful O-line) throwing to him?
he didnt do that good with Palmer did he?

iowatreat54
11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Jon Abraham :D

Draft King
11-12-2008, 04:54 PM

To be fair Roddy White did it last year.

D-Unit
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Bobby Carpenter
Marcus Spears

...and...uh...

Bobby Carpenter
Marcus Spears

Bengalsrocket
11-12-2008, 04:58 PM
he didnt do that good with Palmer did he?

What are you referring to exactly? the 4 games and worst career passer rating that Palmer participated in? Several of which against some of the league's top defenses (Baltimore, Tennessee, Giants)?

I'm not saying that Chad is playing the best he ever has, but it certainly would be a stretch to say that he is a disappointment. The whole Cincinnati offense has been terrible this year, and we haven't found a running game nor a groove up until 2 weeks ago when we played Jacksonville (and Chad caught 2 TD passes in that game).

To be fair Roddy White did it last year.

Plenty of WR's have decent years with crappy offenses around them, I don't think its fair to compare Chad's situation to Roddy's situation. For one, Roddy was literally the only threat on ATL last year (besides Jerious nerwood, but he didn't play every down).

A lot of what Chad does best requires a QB with a strong arm and the confidence to try it. on the flip side to that, T.J. is an easier target for a QB with less experience and confidence.

Aftermath
11-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Bengals offense.

A Perfect Score
11-12-2008, 05:11 PM
For the ravens...well, I expected to see alot more from Antwan Barnes this year, and Chris Chester has been a huge bust and is playing mediocre atm. Willis has been a bit of a disappointment I expected much more from him but he has been injured, I wanna see how he performs healthy now that we now Rice can run the ball full time, as can McClain.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Well, if you consider him not a disappointment, then i'd love to see what makes the cut. Regardless of who is around him, he's been disappointing.....simply put. The whole team has, but he is included in that. Is he not a factor? TJ has got catches. A player of his caliber, and with a mouth like him, he should be producing. He needs a top tier QB to justify his status? That should show the type of player you expect him to be. Throw some other WRs with average/below average QBs in his place, let them produce and get his hype. You can't say, 'what do you expect' because i expect a guy to produce when he is a supposed to be 'top tier' WR, especially one with a mouth like that. Be the playmaker, don't dissappear. At least he's not yapping a lot this season......

TaylorMade
11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Jon Jansen is really the only player I have a problem with. I'm disappointed with Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly but they are rookies and they are gonna need time to develop.

PoopSandwich
11-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Braylon Edwards
Entire Defense besides Shaun Rogers

jth1331
11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Braylon Edwards has cost me fantasy football games, freakin bum.

Broncos, I'd say Selvin Young, I was expecting him to show he's at least capable of being a backup RB in the NFL.
Elvis Dumervil also, he has been pretty awful this year playing with a hand injury.

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Well if we're bringing up fantasy disappointments, I'm going to have to say Addai as the biggest, followed by Jackson and both primarily because of injuries but in terms of just sucking Braylon takes the cake. I had both Addai and SJax after the draft, but its Boldin and Rodgers that carry my team now. Colston coming back helped me alot last week.

But in reality I'd have to say Braylon has been the most disappointing player this year for any team.

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Oh, and Minnesota special teams vs. Green Bay. That is all.

BeerBaron
11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Adewale Ogunleye
Alex Brown
Mark Anderson
Tommie Harris

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, pretty sure this isn't fantasy disappointments......but i suppose some level of it translates to the actual field.

Braylon Edwards has been extremely disappointing, no production, next to no big plays, key and numerous drops, he's been a liability basically.....but i guess we could say that his QB has been poor, so he's in the same boat as Chad Johnson (as previously mentioned as an excuse)......

Brodeur
11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Every Lion not named Jason Hanson, Nick Harris, Kevin Smith, and Calvin Johnson.

The Dynasty
11-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, and Minnesota special teams, That is all.

I Fixed it for you. Its not only just against Green Bay.

SubNoize
11-12-2008, 06:19 PM
The Oakland Raiders minus Nnamdi... god they're awful

GB12
11-12-2008, 06:23 PM
The Oakland Raiders minus Nnamdi... god they're awful
Yeah, but in order to be dissapointing you have to have been expected to be good

SubNoize
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, but in order to be dissapointing you have to have been expected to be good

they were expected to be better than this

PoopSandwich
11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned but Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning have been pretty disappointing, Peyton hasn't been horrible, but I mean he sure hasn't been Peyton.

11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
they were expected to be better than this

Not really. Okay fine if 5-8 wins is worth anything.

Bengalsrocket
11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, if you consider him not a disappointment, then i'd love to see what makes the cut. Regardless of who is around him, he's been disappointing.....simply put. The whole team has, but he is included in that. Is he not a factor? TJ has got catches. A player of his caliber, and with a mouth like him, he should be producing. He needs a top tier QB to justify his status? That should show the type of player you expect him to be. Throw some other WRs with average/below average QBs in his place, let them produce and get his hype. You can't say, 'what do you expect' because i expect a guy to produce when he is a supposed to be 'top tier' WR, especially one with a mouth like that. Be the playmaker, don't dissappear. At least he's not yapping a lot this season......

I don't think Chad needs a "top tier" QB to perform, I think he needs a strong armed QB to perform. I don't think Randy Moss has been a disappointment this season either just because Tom Brady went down. (Despite Welker performing pretty well still in the reception department).

Some receivers require certain types of QB's to get them to look good. Randy Moss doesn't look good with Cassel and Chad Johnson doesn't look as good with Fitzpatrick.

I'm guessing we have different definitions of disappointing in this regard though.

iloxygenil
11-12-2008, 06:56 PM
John Abraham - he's way overrated
Roddy White - his drop on the 3rd down play to ice the game nearly cost the Falcons a win
Michael Turner - couldn't even get 100 yards against the Saints defense, yuck
Matt Ryan - why is this guy getting so much love, he's thrown 5 interceptions this year and isn't even to 60% completion
Curtis Lofton - he's only second amongst rookies in the NFL in tackles, and he's not been anything near as good as Keith Brooking has been at WLB.

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I Fixed it for you. Its not only just against Green Bay.

Didn't want to say it in general because I've seen them just twice this year.

tjsunstein
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
John Abraham - he's way overrated
Roddy White - his drop on the 3rd down play to ice the game nearly cost the Falcons a win
Michael Turner - couldn't even get 100 yards against the Saints defense, yuck
Matt Ryan - why is this guy getting so much love, he's thrown 5 interceptions this year and isn't even to 60% completion
Curtis Lofton - he's only second amongst rookies in the NFL in tackles, and he's not been anything near as good as Keith Brooking has been at WLB.

I know you're being sarcastic and all but I just shook my head. Was I suppose to lol?

Yung Flippa
11-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Tood Heap? Well, in Cam's system, he's mostly blocking and he's doing a good job at blocking. But I expected him to catch a little more.
I would say Mark Clayton too. I've always had hope for him, but he's been pretty much the most inconsistent guy on the roster.
And without a doubt Matt Stover. He's been missing chip shots lately and it's extremely disappointing, maybe father time finally caught up to him.

holt_bruce81
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Torry Holt has been very disappointing this season. Dudes on pace for like 600 receiving yards this season. Marc Bulger is probably a bigger disappointment.

Brodeur
11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
And without a doubt Matt Stover. He's been missing chip shots lately and it's extremely disappointing, maybe father time finally caught up to him.

So 45 yard, 47 yard, 48 yard, and 50 yard field goals are chip shots?

ChezPower4
11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Donald Driver?

Driver has been playing well the last few weeks so I'd say he hasn't been too dissapointing this year.

CroomDawgs
11-13-2008, 08:54 AM
This list could prolly Just be made of WRs

-braylon edwards (could have about 4 more tds if it weren't for his hands)
-TO (hasn't broken 90 yards this year)
-Marvin Harrison (Shell of his former self)
-Chad Johnson (Has just not been very good thsi season)
-Randy Moss (hasn't been horrible but has not played like last year, understandably so though)
-Marques Colston (Hurt)

tjsunstein
11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
This list could prolly Just be made of WRs

-braylon edwards (could have about 4 more tds if it weren't for his hands)
-TO (hasn't broken 90 yards this year)
-Marvin Harrison (Shell of his former self)
-Chad Johnson (Has just not been very good thsi season)
-Randy Moss (hasn't been horrible but has not played like last year, understandably so though)
-Marques Colston (Hurt)

Braylon, I agree with. TO is understandable but the same case can be made for both Chad and Moss that they lost their QB for extended periods of time. Harrison is getting older and I think he's packing it up after this year, 'on his own terms.' Colston has been hurt so I wouldn't exactly doom his with the disappointment tag this year. So, to me, only two of those guys are actually disappointing. Marvin, because of age, and Braylon, with the Carlos Rogers disease. Everyone else but those two; I would call unfortunate.

CJSchneider
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Alex Smith for starters.

trkaline
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
So 45 yard, 47 yard, 48 yard, and 50 yard field goals are chip shots?

Well yea, he used to be able to make it from 75 yards out...seriously hes known for accuracy not leg strength so I can't really call him disappointing...

tjsunstein
11-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Justin Miller..?

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
eh, he's a perennial guy like that.....not worth mentioning.

TimD
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
it wouldn't surprise me if someone picked him up and he had a good career. he has great potential

NIN1984
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Michael Huff was gonna have a pro bowl season at FS, nope. Like Charles Woodson said playing DB is a man's game in Oakland.

I wonder what his trade value his worth

ShutDwn
11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Braylon, I agree with. TO is understandable but the same case can be made for both Chad and Moss that they lost their QB for extended periods of time. Harrison is getting older and I think he's packing it up after this year, 'on his own terms.' Colston has been hurt so I wouldn't exactly doom his with the disappointment tag this year. So, to me, only two of those guys are actually disappointing. Marvin, because of age, and Braylon, with the Carlos Rogers disease. Everyone else but those two; I would call unfortunate.

TO isn't as uncoverable as he used to be, he isn't getting off the line like he used to. Even before the Romo injury he wasn't the same.

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Michael Huff was gonna have a pro bowl season at FS, nope. Like Charles Woodson said playing DB is a man's game in Oakland.

I wonder what his trade value his worth

I would not mind getting him off of your hands and going to the Falcons. I was so crazy about him draft time.

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 01:49 PM
-Bryant Johnson (thankfully that was only a year long contract)
-Rod Green (looked great last year but not this year)
-Walt Harris (I wish they would just put in Tarell Brown opposite Clements)
-Joe Nedney (early this season he had a few misses)

I agree with all, but honestly if it is Bryant Johnson that pushes the young guys like Morgan, and Hill to play well, then it was a good signing.

I would not mind getting him off of your hands and going to the Falcons. I was so crazy about him draft time.

I know that he would love to come across the bay :)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-13-2008, 02:01 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if someone picked him up and he had a good career. he has great potential

Wasn't he already picked up by the Raiders?

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Wasn't he already picked up by the Raiders?

Yeah he was, it will be interesting to see how he performs. Is there a good chance of him starting before long?

MetSox17
11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I agree with all, but honestly if it is Bryant Johnson that pushes the young guys like Morgan, and Hill to play well, then it was a good signing.

If Huff daddy goes anywhere it's gonna be to Dallas. :D

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM

He needs to go across the country, not the bay. I am sure hes sick of the Bay Area with his tenure w/ the Raiders.

I dont really think theres been a disappointing player on the Falcons. Everyone is playing well or overachieving. There are bad players (Keith Brooking) but thats expected. Boley isn't having the same beast of a season, but he has been asked to drop into coverage a lot more.

I wonder how long this defense is going to overachieve. One of the best assistant HCs has to be Brian VanGorder with the way he is handling this defense. Drew Brees was 12/24 for 128 yards with 1 (or 2. dont remember) interception and 0 TDs. You look at the talent of guys on the Falcons defense, and that just doesn't seem possible.

Thunder&Lightning
11-13-2008, 03:40 PM
braylon edwards. nuff said.

yep. "nuff said"

CC.SD
11-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Forgive me, I'm not anywhere near informed on the state of the Falcons, but what exactly happened to Keith Brooking? I've seen him beast his share of games but the way you're telling it D, it sounds like he's fallen off a cliff.

FalconTown83
11-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Forgive me, I'm not anywhere near informed on the state of the Falcons, but what exactly happened to Keith Brooking? I've seen him beast his share of games but the way you're telling it D, it sounds like he's fallen off a cliff.

Unfortunately for the Falcons he has =( His benefits now come from being on the field as a leader of the defense, not as a player. He's a poor excuse of his former glory. He's not a Pro Bowl caliber player anymore, and if Steven Nicholas wasn't so versatile I think he'd already have unseated Brooking.

Brooking's speed disappeared. He's either going to have to retire, or re-learn how to play the game and get deeper in coverage and not try to play so tight, the guy was outrun by a 270pound G who was lined up at FB.

Joker_232
11-13-2008, 10:44 PM
yep. "nuff said"

yeah i was expecting huge things out of him, one of my favs

kinda wanted Derek Anderson to have a good year also, because i dont like Quinn.

OneToughGame
11-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Instead of naming one player I'm just going to say the Seahawks injurys are pretty dissapointing...

jsa230
11-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Packers D-Line minus kampman... all of it

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Packers D-Line minus kampman... all of it

the whole thing!?

jsa230
11-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Did you see the pass rush vs minnesota and tennesee, im not singling out players but the whole d-line really has NOT played very good at all. Not to mention we cant stop the run

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Did you see the pass rush vs minnesota and tennesee, im not singling out players but the whole d-line really has NOT played very good at all. Not to mention we cant stop the run

good points i suppose...lol

Staubach12
11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
The entire Dallas Cowboys roster. An coaches. And management. Pretty much anyone associated with the team.

tjsunstein
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
The entire Dallas Cowboys roster. An coaches. And management. Pretty much anyone associated with the team.

Well the ball boys.. they've performed better than last year I'd say. If I had to find a positive. Oh and the cheerleaders.

Joker_232
11-14-2008, 04:48 PM

they just need to give the ball to barber more and they will be good to go. Not givin him the amount of carries he should be getting.

Menardo75
11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Seems like they thought getting 15 pro bowlers automatically got them a playoff berth/superbowl.