PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy Hood DT Missouri

holt_bruce81
11-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Anyone been watching this kid play this year? He's been a monster for the most part. Great against the run and seems to be in the backfield a lot causing havoc for the Quarterback.

2nd round guy IMO, what do you all think?

Paranoidmoonduck
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I'd say the second round is probably a pretty good bet. I'm not sure he has the goods to get up into the first (although it certainly wouldn't shock me), but he's versatile and strong enough that teams should be looking in his direction after the 32nd pick is made.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Being that Maola isn't really a passrusher.. and not knowing what DT's come out..

Granger/Marks/Cody..

I can't see how Ziggy isn't one of the top 2 DT's. I think I'd take him #1 Senior right now because he's really really good at everything.

BPhilb
11-12-2008, 11:22 PM
He's one of my favorite prospects in the draft. He has a great motor and has drawn double teams all year. I had the luxery of sitting in the end zone twice this year during Missouri games and he just flat out dominated guys off of the line. I wish Mizzou would have had better talent on the line around him as it would have gotten his name out there more. I think someone is going to get a steal with this guy.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
He's one of my favorite prospects in the draft. He has a great motor and has drawn double teams all year. I had the luxery of sitting in the end zone twice this year during Missouri games and he just flat out dominated guys off of the line. I wish Mizzou would have had better talent on the line around him as it would have gotten his name out there more. I think someone is going to get a steal with this guy.

I think Ziggy has a lot to do with Stryker looking like a real good 3-4 OLB Candidate and passrusher.

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 12:41 AM
I have not seen him play, he's got a great name though.

Turtlepower
11-13-2008, 01:02 AM
His mom was probably a huge David Bowie fan.

SuperKevin
11-13-2008, 07:28 AM
His mom was probably a huge David Bowie fan.

His real name is Evander. Ziggy is the nickname.

bored of education
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
His real name is Evander. Ziggy is the nickname.

SO his father is Evander Holyfield?

Race for the Heisman
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Being that Maola isn't really a passrusher.. and not knowing what DT's come out..

Granger/Marks/Cody..

I can't see how Ziggy isn't one of the top 2 DT's. I think I'd take him #1 Senior right now because he's really really good at everything.

I absolutely agree. He has to be one of the top two and therefore more than likely a first round selection.

draftguru151
11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Yea it's between him and Jerry as the top senior DT for me atm. I like Ziggy a bit more because of his size though.

giantsfan
11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Marks and Oghobaase are my top 2 DTs and the only two I think should be first round picks, that said Hood's in that second group with Jerry, Raji, Taylor, Granger and Cody that will go in the second/third depending on fits and team needs.

regoob2
11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
He has a great first step. Definitely a day one pick and could be a very good UT.

derza222
11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Straight up 4-3 guy or could he play end in the 3-4?

regoob2
11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Straight up 4-3 guy or could he play end in the 3-4?
He probably could but his best fit would be a 4-3 UT.

P-L
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I think he's definitely the top senior defensive tackle, but I still have him behind some of the juniors. If Sen'Derrick Marks, Vince Oghobaase, and DeMarcus Ranger all return then I can easily see him in the first round. If two or three of those guys come out, he probably finds himself somewhere in the second round.

ElectricEye
11-13-2008, 01:40 PM
I think he's definitely the top senior defensive tackle, but I still have him behind some of the juniors. If Sen'Derrick Marks, Vince Oghobaase, and DeMarcus Ranger all return then I can easily see him in the first round. If two or three of those guys come out, he probably finds himself somewhere in the second round.

That's about right. I would put him a notch below all of those guys. He's still a guy I would want if I were in the market for an UT.

rockio42
11-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Dude is a straight best, and this isn't supposed to be homerism, he is going to be a great UT in the NFL, has a great motor and loves the game

eazyb81
11-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Ziggy is a guy that's just a great all-around player. I wouldn't say he excels in any one particular area, but more of a guy that's very good at just about everything. He has the size, he has a great first step, he can handle multiple blockers, he can get in the backfield.

He's not the physical speciman that you spend a top five or ten pick on, but I think he has a good shot at landing somewhere in the back half of the 1st round.