PDA

View Full Version : TCU Run Defense?

lance uppercut
11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
sorry, I'm completely unfamiliar with the TCU team, but unless it was a misprint it appears they're giving up only 35 rushing ypg this season, 1.5 ypc. and, its not like teams aren't ever trying, that's based on about 27 attempts per game. while that's somewhat low for the college game, its not something that can be completely written off either.

so I'm wondering what the story is, for those that follow them or have seen them. are there legitimate prospects contributing to this hard-to-believe stat?

Team G Rush RushYds Avg Rush/G Y/G TD 1stD
TCU 11 298 434 1.5 27.1 39.5 7 28

gator3guy
11-13-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know a specific answer to your question, but they run a 4-2-5 and their two LB's- Henson and Phillips- are very good players. Not high draft picks but maybe later rounds.

Vox Populi
11-13-2008, 04:08 PM
It takes into account sack yardage as well and Im pretty sure that TCU has some pretty solid pass rushers and sack statistics. Of course I could be making that up completely.

gator3guy
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
It takes into account sack yardage as well and Im pretty sure that TCU has some pretty solid pass rushers and sack statistics. Of course I could be making that up completely.

They have the nations leader in sacks and 3rd in TFL- Jerry Hughes.

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
The most underrated guy on that TCU defense is their NT Cody Moore.

The guy should make a team next year.. He's stopping a lot of plays behind the LOS, beating 1-2 blocks and he is still doing solid getting after the passer.

Watch a TCU Game and see how Moore blows a lot of plays up.

bored of education
11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
The two Dts are solid and I must say Hughes is amazing!

STARHEATHER
11-13-2008, 09:50 PM
robert henson. the dirtiest player in the game. watch him run around hitting people then watch james laurinitis play. their competition level leaves some to be desired. robert henson has a lot to do with their success. dude just hits people and hes everywhere. and not just pile jumping 10 yds downfield. he plays crazy, and considering some of his actions. may just be crazy. the dirtiest player in the game. hes got people scared. they know he doesnt care about personal fouls