PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fantasy Draft...?

oldLibid21
11-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Imagine if the NFL, regardless of how unrealistic this will sound, had to start over and they held an NFL draft. It doesn't matter where you project your team to be, but what would your team look like? This is kind of like the Madden fantasy drafts except I want you to draft or think up of a team that is realistically possible to get in this situation and don't base it on how good they are in Madden. I'm just curious to see some results here.

Jvig43
11-13-2008, 06:30 PM
My god...... his thirst for blood is unquenchable!

Idk if i could even deal with the NFL after watching my team with all the players i love or most of them playing for another team.

CashmoneyDrew
11-13-2008, 06:32 PM
We used to do these things in the fantasy forum on here. We'd always get within a few picks of finishing and it would just fizzle out. Me and WooTs team pwned. They're fun in theory. It'd just be ****** up and pointless in real life.

djp
11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
The first round would be about 5 quarterbacks, 10 tackles, 10 defensive lineman, and 6-7 RB/WR's

A Perfect Score
11-13-2008, 06:49 PM
lets do one in the fantasy forum! whos up for it?@??@?@?@?

Chucky
11-13-2008, 06:50 PM

I would be down. I just owned the 53 round one
:)

CashmoneyDrew
11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I'd be willing to do one during winter break. I got too many exams coming up to get involved right now. :(

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 06:52 PM

I am down.

A Perfect Score
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Ill join if someone else starts it, but there is no way in hell im taking control of this one :D

RaiderNation
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
We draft the faster 40 time player in the league! Al would go nuts!!!!

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Ill join if someone else starts it, but there is no way in hell im taking control of this one :D

Same. And I will only continue if I get Matty Ice.

FalconTown83
11-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Imagine if the NFL, regardless of how unrealistic this will sound, had to start over and they held an NFL draft. It doesn't matter where you project your team to be, but what would your team look like? This is kind of like the Madden fantasy drafts except I want you to draft or think up of a team that is realistically possible to get in this situation and don't base it on how good they are in Madden. I'm just curious to see some results here.

Yeah, I did this just today in Madden actually haha. I was just thinking about it and would I even want the team that the Falcons would end up with vs the one we have now. In my draft I tried to wait on Matt Ryan for my QB, well, I ended up screwing that up and killing myself haha. But overall, I don't know if this could ever happen, it would allow some teams to really start over and build the philosophy they really want, but I'd like to think the Falcons roster would look pretty much the same, but we prolly couldn't get Roddy, Turner, Ryan, John Abraham, and Michael Boley all on the same team, I'd hate to not have any of those guys around.

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 07:07 PM
I would be down for that.

FalconTown83
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh, yeah I'd be up for this too, could be fun.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I am down.

Xiomera
11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
The first round would be about 5 quarterbacks, 10 tackles, 10 defensive lineman, and 6-7 RB/WR's

. . . . and Jason Hanson.

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
It's honestly an interesting discussion. Though I imagine the first pick would be Peyton or Brady, would a team maybe go younger than that to build for the future? It would interesting to see the youth talent balance if done in the real NFL.

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
It's honestly an interesting discussion. Though I imagine the first pick would be Peyton or Brady, would a team maybe go younger than that to build for the future? It would interesting to see the youth talent balance if done in the real NFL.

Peyton and Brady would be gone in the top 5 for sure. Not necessarily #1 and #2 maybe. The rest of the top 5 might include Mario Williams as well. Adrian Peterson too. Joe Thomas maybe.

oldLibid21
11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
We used to do these things in the fantasy forum on here. We'd always get within a few picks of finishing and it would just fizzle out. Me and WooTs team pwned. They're fun in theory. It'd just be ****** up and pointless in real life.

How do you play?

Xiomera
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM

I would consider Mario Williams #1.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Peyton and Brady would be gone in the top 5 for sure. Not necessarily #1 and #2 maybe. The rest of the top 5 might include Mario Williams as well. Adrian Peterson too. Joe Thomas maybe.

Jake Long maybe.

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Jake Long maybe.

No not really. He isn't even the best rookie left tackle. He might not even be the clear cut #2 either.

Rayray52
11-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Detroit Lions:
Round 1: Calvin Johnson
Round 2: Chad Johnson
Round 3: Torry Holt
Round 4: Bernard Berrian
Round 5: Donte Stallworth

FalconTown83
11-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I'd love to draft against the people who decided to take Mario Williams, and Jake Long in the top 5 of the NFL. If someone thinks they're that good then that's great, but wow, Jake Long top 5? I'm not sure Williams deserves that, in fact he's not even the best DE in the NFL right now. That honor would have to belong to Mr. Tuck of the Giants, the guy is beastly.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-13-2008, 08:09 PM
No not really. He isn't even the best rookie left tackle. He might not even be the clear cut #2 either.

S*** really. Haven't seen him play this year and it's kinda hard to track the progression of a lineman.

PACKmanN
11-13-2008, 08:41 PM

let me guess, Sam Baker the best left tackle...

d34ng3l021
11-13-2008, 08:54 PM
let me guess, Sam Baker the best left tackle...

Ryan Clady actually. I think he has 1 penalty and .5 sacks allowed so far? With the number of pass attempts the Broncos have, its pretty good. He may be the one of the perennial All-Pros for the next 10 years.

Baker and Long are fighting for 2nd. Long can get the nod over Baker though, and it wouldn't be a problem. Baker's missed about half the season and thats pretty annoying. A healthy Baker and Long would be more interesting. I think in his 5 or 6 starts, Baker has allowed only .5 sacks and has paved the way for Turner. Long is doing a good job at LT though (I still think he would be completely dominant at RT).