PDA

View Full Version : The Not Declaring thread

SuperKevin
11-14-2008, 02:34 PM
This thread is where you can find all the articles and rumors about players who are said to be returning to school

Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College has stated he'll return for his senior season
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/football/view.bg?articleid=1132056&srvc=sports&position=2

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska has also said he is returning for his senior season
http://www.theindependent.com/sports/x1751713340/Nebraska-Football-Notebook

Mr. Stiller
11-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Eben Britton and Colt McCoy both said they're staying their senior seasons.. I'll look the articles up in a bit.

Staubach12
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
So has Colt Brennan.

Scott Wright
11-15-2008, 08:35 PM
They ALL say they are going back this time of the year.

I have yet to see a top prospect admit they are going pro in mid-November.

Mr. Offseason
11-15-2008, 10:03 PM

i was about to say that. there are a few week classes this year (QB, DT...) so id be surprised if underclassmen at those positions chose to stay.

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 10:08 PM

I realize that. I just made this thread to prevent 100 little individual threads from popping up evertime someone gets quoted by the media.

Scott Wright
11-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I realize that. I just made this thread to prevent 100 little individual threads from popping up evertime someone gets quoted by the media.

Sorry, didn't mean it as a dig at the thread.

Just wanted to point out that they all say they are going back this time of the year.

georgiafan
11-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Geno Atkins, DT from UGA says he is coming back to school

http://georgia.scout.com/2/813253.html

regoob2
11-19-2008, 11:06 AM

Mcfaddens mom did.

Turtlepower
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Geno Atkins, DT from UGA says he is coming back to school

http://georgia.scout.com/2/813253.html

He'd probably be my #1 DT if he came out this year. It is such a weak Senior class that it would be tough for him not to go in the 1st.

giantsfan
11-19-2008, 11:46 AM
"Heather returning to school?"

Yours truly has recently come across the shocking news that former child star prospect Heather will be returning to kindergarten. The child star opted for the draft prior to the NFL's underclassman ruling and has been training for his dream over the past 20 years. However after fighting hard for his dream of being the greatest 17th round pick ever Heather has now decided to return to school and continue his education.

Visiting the school we met Mr. Heather's soon to be teach who had this to say "we hope that he'll show the same dedication to school work as he has to his gym work, if all goes well we expect him to comprehend basic punctuation and grammar by the end of the year!"

Speaking with the former child athlete he let us in on his future hopes and dreams, "one day when i learn the english language I will become the greatest NFL prospect turned draftnik ever, I will know all the busts as I am the MYTHBUSTA!!!!" He proceed into a highly convoluted and choreographed dance routine because, and I quote, "you never know where those dancing with the stars peoples are hiding"

IceKubes
11-19-2008, 12:15 PM
So has Colt Brennan.

The Redskins must be pissed about this.

CashmoneyDrew
11-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I've decided that with such a weak senior qb class, and the breakout year I had at QB in flag football this season I will be forgoing my last year of eligibility and entering the 2009 NFL draft.

Race for the Heisman
11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I've decided that with such a weak senior qb class, and the breakout year I had at QB in flag football this season I will be forgoing my last year of eligibility and entering the 2009 NFL draft.

I got a guy who says you'd been great value in the sixth or seventh due to the lack of name but he also says that you're film has been getting around in scouting circles and come draft time you won't be too much a sleeper anymore. That said, this belongs in the declaring thread, rather than the non-declaring thread.

CashmoneyDrew
11-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I got a guy who says you'd been great value in the sixth or seventh due to the lack of name but he also says that you're film has been getting around in scouting circles and come draft time you won't be too much a sleeper anymore. That said, this belongs in the declaring thread, rather than the non-declaring thread.

I just wanted to put it in here so all those chumps like Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford could come in and say that they aren't declaring because they'd have too much competition from me.

Race for the Heisman
11-19-2008, 04:52 PM
I just wanted to put it in here so all those chumps like Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford could come in and say that they aren't declaring because they'd have too much competition from me.

Psychological warfare? You are one clever mofo. I think that just bumped you up a round in my book.

CashmoneyDrew
11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Psychological warfare? You are one clever mofo. I think that just bumped you up a round in my book.

Exactly. Just cause I'm a QB doesn't mean I can't get in to my opponent's heads.

Solomon
11-20-2008, 01:25 AM

That's not quite true. Nobody is going to come right out and say they're declaring in the middle of the season but some players will tip toe around the question when it is brought up. Those guys are almost always leaning towards leaving. Sometimes it's not about what people say but what they don't say.

Halsey
11-20-2008, 01:36 AM
The article I read about Atkins staying made it seem like he was sure he really was coming back to school. Jeff Owens is a long shot to declare, but players have declared coming off an injury before.

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 01:41 AM
The article I read about Atkins staying made it seem like he was sure he really was coming back to school. Jeff Owens is a long shot to declare, but players have declared coming off an injury before.

I would think both players want the opportunity to play alongside each other next year.

illmatic74
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Donald Brown http://www.courant.com/sports/college/football/hcu-ucfoot-brown-1215,0,6149193.story

oregonbucfan
12-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Ed Dickson
LaGarrette Blount

said they are staying

foozball
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
brandon graham is going back to michigan...not sure how the resignation of their defensive coordinator will affect his decision now though...

Mr. Stiller
12-17-2008, 02:03 AM
I would think both players want the opportunity to play alongside each other next year.

I really think Atkins/Owens decisions may hinge on Moreno/Staffords decisions.

There's really no reason for them to come back without Stafford/Moreno because thats literally the offense right now...

Plus they're losing quite a bit of guys on the D side IIRC.

I'm pretty sure LeSean McCoy is a lock to stay and Moreno/Stafford are as good as gone.

SuperKevin
12-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Florida State WRs Preston Parker and Corey Surrency will not be declaring

Sniper
12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Michigan DE Brandon Graham is coming back...

georgiafan
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Jeff Owens is coming back, that mean 3 DT's should get drafted next year for UGA.

http://georgia.scout.com/2/822747.html