PDA

View Full Version : If ALL Juniors and RS Sophomores declared...

WMD
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Just a little fantasy scenario.. if this happened, who would be the #1 Overall Pick?

Race for the Heisman
11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Who picks first, Detroit? I'd be inclined to say Andre Smith or Stafford.

WMD
11-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Well.. we could just say who would be the Top talent available.. or Top 5.

CashmoneyDrew
11-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Jonathan Crompton duh.

Babylon
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Jonathan Crompton duh.

You have to lay off the Vodka or was that Sniper?

CashmoneyDrew
11-16-2008, 10:53 PM
You have to lay off the Vodka or was that Sniper?

But you don't understand! He's 6'4 220 and had an average game against LSU as a freshman! Next Joe Montana if you ask me.

Race for the Heisman
11-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Well.. we could just say who would be the Top talent available.. or Top 5.

I don't think it changes that much. If a guy is an elite talent chances are we've been talking about him declaring since day one, or at least including him in prospect rankings. I'd say:

1) Malcolm Jenkins
2) Andre Smith
3) Michael Crabtree
4) Michael Oher
5) Brian Orakpo

Babylon
11-17-2008, 03:31 PM
If i were to grade the top 5 it would be;

Matt Stafford-9.9
Andre Smith-9.8
Michael Oher-9.8
Vontae Davis-9.7
Michael Crabtree-9.7
Sam Bradford-9.7
Brian Orakpo-9.7
James Lauranaitis-9.7

I guess that's 8, oh well.

Halsey
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
It sounds to me like the Lions would decide between Andre Smith, Stafford and Bradford. If Matt Millen was still the GM, Michael Crabtree would already have a locker.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
James Lauranaitis-9.7

What a jokester you are.

PACKmanN
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Andre Smith, Michael Oher, and Greg Hardy would be my top 5.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
What a jokester you are.

Do you think it's too low?

Pb&j
11-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I am a bucks fan, and Lauranaitis is a complete *****, and overrated. Can't hold A.J. Hawk's jockstrap.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
I am a bucks fan, and Lauranaitis is a complete *****, and overrated. Can't hold A.J. Hawk's jockstrap.

I think he can be a Barrett Ruud type at the next level which means he will make a bunch of tackles at the line of scrimmage, cover in limited space and occasionally get to the QB. He seems to get a lot of hate on here but when i watch him he makes a lot of plays. The flip side is guys like Spikes and Maualuga who will make an occasional specular play but dont get their nose in as many plays as JL. Going 8th in the draft may be too high for what you get but if it fills a team need it may be the right move.

Pb&j
11-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Laurinaitis will be very good in a scheme where he can run and tackle from sideline to sideline. But he isn't going to be a dominant linebacker like a Ray Lewis (I hate that murderer.) I think his best fit is a weakside linebacker in a 4-3 scheme.

For my money though, Aaron Curry is the best linebacker in the draft.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 03:51 PM
I think he can be a Barrett Ruud type at the next level which means he will make a bunch of tackles at the line of scrimmage, cover in limited space and occasionally get to the QB. He seems to get a lot of hate on here but when i watch him he makes a lot of plays. The flip side is guys like Spikes and Maualuga who will make an occasional specular play but dont get their nose in as many plays as JL. Going 8th in the draft may be too high for what you get but if it fills a team need it may be the right move.

He can't make plays at the LOS in college, but he's going to make them in the pros? Laurinaitis is soft, can't shed blocks, and just overall not as good as everyone makes him out to be. He's the biggest pile-jumper in the NCAA.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 03:54 PM
He can't make plays at the LOS in college, but he's going to make them in the pros? Laurinaitis is soft, can't shed blocks, and just overall not as good as everyone makes him out to be. He's the biggest pile-jumper in the NCAA.

What would you think of him if he wore the Maize and Blue?

Sniper
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
What would you think of him if he wore the Maize and Blue?

I'd still think he sucks. I'm a big Chris Wells and Malcolm Jenkins fan. I think Marcus Freeman is very underrated. Brian Robiskie is one of the more underrated WRs in the nation as well, when he has a QB to throw him the ball. Mike Brewster is a boss. It has nothing to do with Ohio State and everything to do with the fact that he's not good.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd still think he sucks. I'm a big Chris Wells and Malcolm Jenkins fan. I think Marcus Freeman is very underrated. Brian Robiskie is one of the more underrated WRs in the nation as well, when he has a QB to throw him the ball. Mike Brewster is a boss. It has nothing to do with Ohio State and everything to do with the fact that he's not good.

I'll take your word for it, i know you're a scholar and a gentleman.:rolleyes:

Sniper
11-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll take your word for it, i know you're a scholar and a gentleman.:rolleyes:

Feel free to see any thread where I've posted about those guys. I'm probably the biggest Wells nutrider on this board.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Feel free to see any thread where I've posted about those guys. I'm probably the biggest Wells nutrider on this board.

You have been consistant, we disagree that's all.

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 04:09 PM

I've seen you be fairly impartial towards Ohio State players. Not the case with Michigan guys, but yeah haha.

As far as Laurinaitis goes, I used to be pretty big on him but I'm not so sold now. There's a convincing body of evidence starting to come out that he's really getting credit for a lot more tackles than he deserves and that he's not quite as good as he seems at first. I still think he's got an alright skillset and pretty good athleticism, but he can't shed blocks to save his life and he's probably going to get manhandled at times in the NFL. He should be pretty good, but not Top 10 material.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
I've seen you be fairly impartial towards Ohio State players. Not the case with Michigan guys, but yeah haha.

I tend to overdo it with UM players, but I can be impartial. I overexaggerate the compliments for them though.

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I tend to overdo it with UM players, but I can be impartial. I overexaggerate the compliments for them though.

But that's OK. You put Ozzy is check on the Ezeh stuff.

As far as this thread actually goes, I don't think much would change at all with the top pick or even the top five.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I sort of hijacked this thread a bit. It was intended to be a who should the Lions draft thread i think and i don't know if we addressed that.