PDA

View Full Version : Eric Norwood

CantStopGregJones
11-18-2008, 02:30 AM
Why not love for this guy? He's been almost unblockable. Everyone talks about 34 OLB potential with guys like Orakpo, Brown, Johnson, Selvie and such. Why doesn't anyone ever mention Eric Norwood?

SMoore
11-18-2008, 02:42 AM
I really like Norwood as a prospect. He is very athletic and I would have no problem taking him late first if i'm a 34 team that needs a pass rusher. I think he could even potentially succeed in a 43 scheme.

CantStopGregJones
11-18-2008, 03:01 AM
I really like Norwood as a prospect. He is very athletic and I would have no problem taking him late first if i'm a 34 team that needs a pass rusher. I think he could even potentially succeed in a 43 scheme.

Without a doubt in my mind he could succeed in a 34 or 43 scheme. He'd be much like Derrick Thomas who was a dominate force at linebacker in the 43 scheme.

dunagan15
11-18-2008, 05:59 AM
I like the guy. As a gator fan he was quite impressive in sacking Tebow, got good pressure as well and is more athletic that I thought.

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 07:16 AM
He's a really good looking 3-4 guy. I've been kinda high on him for awhile. He has the perfect size, speed, and background to be a rush backer in the 3-4.

I don't think many people think he's coming out. He's having a great season though.

gator3guy
11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Only guy on that USC defense that seemed to show up saturday.

themaninblack
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
I really like Eric Norwood a lot and for some reason he reminds me of a slightly more athletic David Pollack. Seems to have a great motor out there and knows how to get to the QB.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 12:13 PM
After watching the Brown's pathetic attempt to tackle anyone last night Norwood might be someone they should take a long look at, they need a wholesale tunover on that defense there.

Cigaro
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
He's a really good looking 3-4 guy. I've been kinda high on him for awhile. He has the perfect size, speed, and background to be a rush backer in the 3-4.

I don't think many people think he's coming out. He's having a great season though.
I can't see Norwood declaring. Is a very team guy who loves USC, and I think he's set to stay his senior season.

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't see Norwood declaring. Is a very team guy who loves USC, and I think he's set to stay his senior season.

I agree. He's flying under the radar right now too. He'll have a really good chance to raise his stock next year.

Babylon
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I agree. He's flying under the radar right now too. He'll have a really good chance to raise his stock next year.

Where are you at in Mass.?

ElectricEye
11-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Where are you at in Mass.?

Near the south shore. Couple jumps outside of Boston.

But as far as Norwood goes, where do you guys think he could if he did come out this year? How about next year? I'm really curious to hear what other people think about him, considering how few are talking him up.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 06:57 PM
oh yeah hes been getting love from me all year. whats not to like really. he can rush the passer. he can play lb. and does both well. also big and a far above average athlete. on the field, hes just outstanding. a playmaker. not an overrated chump who gets owned. first rd. reminds me somewhat of lamarr woodley.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
oh yeah hes been getting love from me all year. whats not to like really. he can rush the passer. he can play lb. and does both well. also big and a far above average athlete. on the field, hes just outstanding. a playmaker. not an overrated chump who gets owned. first rd. reminds me somewhat of lamarr woodley.

Lamarr Woodley didnt go in the first round...

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
he obviously should have

BamaFalcon59
11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Jason Worilds = Mancrush

CantStopGregJones
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Jason Worilds = Mancrush

Good for you...have you man crush on a marginal talent who is marginally better than Orion Martin, but what does that have to do with Eric Norwood because clearly Jason Worilds doesn't even come close to Eric Norwood as an athlete or a football player.

Infact, Chris Ellis was a far superior talent to Jason Worilds and look how far he fell...

BamaFalcon59
11-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Good for you...have you man crush on a marginal talent who is marginally better than Orion Martin, but what does that have to do with Eric Norwood because clearly Jason Worilds doesn't even come close to Eric Norwood as an athlete or a football player.

Infact, Chris Ellis was a far superior talent to Jason Worilds and look how far he fell...

Lolz. Ok.

That point alone makes it obvious that you have no buisness talking. At all. Oh, and Norwood being a better athlete is funny too.

M.O.T.H.
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
God I love my defense...nfl talent everywhere.

Only real problem w/ Eric, though is his unique body type. He's like 6'0 270 pounds. But, he could realistically play in either scheme and be very effective. He is quite the talent...be it at end, OLB, or even ILB. There was talk about moving him to ILB before the season and he has seen a little time there. While he doesnt have the ideal body, he could play a plethera of positions and he is natural playmaker on that defense...a very valuable player. He could leave but, I'm really hoping he'll stick around. Given our history, though...he'll probably leave.

BamaFalcon59
11-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I like the Woodley comparison for Eric Norwood.

Aftermath
11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
He even plays his best against elite competition.

STARHEATHER
11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
i love his versatility. and hes not just ok versatile. hes good wherever you put him

Solomon
11-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Why not love for this guy? He's been almost unblockable. Everyone talks about 34 OLB potential with guys like Orakpo, Brown, Johnson, Selvie and such. Why doesn't anyone ever mention Eric Norwood?

His name has been mentioned on this board quite a bit this year. The fact that he's an underclassmen probably has something to do with his lack of press clippings but people who have watched college FB for the last two years know about this guy. Sure he didn't have a thread on this board, but he does now so he's probably only a few weeks away from being overrated on NFLDC, lol. I love him as a 3-4 OLB prospect and see him as a day one selection.

CantStopGregJones
11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Lolz. Ok.

That point alone makes it obvious that you have no buisness talking. At all. Oh, and Norwood being a better athlete is funny too.

and the "z" alone on the "lol" makes it obvious that you are just a 14 year old hip hop generation know it all. I don't discuss my football with 14 year old hip hop kids who don't have a clue how football really works....sorry. I'll stick Norwood and you stick to your future local grocery shelf stocker and we'll see who's player gets drafted high then ultimately makes the bigger impact on Sundays.

AkiliSmith
11-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Using your logic, didn't Norwood just give up something like 50 points to Florida? Why do you discount that for a prospect you like but continuously spout the nonsense for someone you don't?

CantStopGregJones
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Using your logic, didn't Norwood just give up something like 50 points to Florida? Why do you discount that for a prospect you like but continuously spout the nonsense for someone you don't?

Seriously buddy, you have got to be kidding me. Did you even watch the game? I'm sure even my half ******** 97 year old neighbor lady could have gather enough from watching the game that Eric Norwood played a lights out game and was clearly the only defender who decided to show up. Those 56 points had ZERO to do with the play that Eric Norwood brought to the table Saturday. He played hard even when the game was out of reach, he played smart, he played like a football player should always play the game of football. It takes 11 people to keep an offense out of the endzone and when 90.9 percent of the defense decides not to show up you're going to pin 56 points on the 9.1% that did show up?

You may take a seat...your podium and mic privileges have been revoked.

AkiliSmith
11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Seriously buddy, you have got to be kidding me. Did you even watch the game? I'm sure even my half ******** 97 year old neighbor lady could have gather enough from watching the game that Eric Norwood played a lights out game and was clearly the only defender who decided to show up. Those 56 points had ZERO to do with the play that Eric Norwood brought to the table Saturday. He played hard even when the game was out of reach, he played smart, he played like a football player should always play the game of football. It takes 11 people to keep an offense out of the endzone and when 90.9 percent of the defense decides not to show up you're going to pin 56 points on the 9.1% that did show up?

You obviously seriously failed at understanding me.

BamaFalcon59
11-19-2008, 04:28 PM
and the "z" alone on the "lol" makes it obvious that you are just a 14 year old hip hop generation know it all. I don't discuss my football with 14 year old hip hop kids who don't have a clue how football really works....sorry. I'll stick Norwood and you stick to your future local grocery shelf stocker and we'll see who's player gets drafted high then ultimately makes the bigger impact on Sundays.

Yawn.Yawn.

BamaFalcon59
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM

If Eric Norwood can't stop the Florida Gators then how can he stop the New England Patriots?

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
maybe if they didnt have 3 picks in the first 10 miutes of the game. you dont see that often in the nfl. you also dont see qb option runs and percy harvin reverse option special either. thats two reasons i think

STARHEATHER
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
he had the sec outstanding defensive performance of the week in a 56-6 loss

CroomDawgs
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM

I would have credited your post but that line right there just shows your a complete tool. Get rid of your ego then talk

themaninblack
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Which one is the mythbusta? I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Funny how Eric Norwood can play a great game in a loss and its not his fault yet if anyone else does they don't have what it takes in the NFL.

CantStopGregJones
11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
I would have credited your post but that line right there just shows your a complete tool. Get rid of your ego then talk

I'll drop the ego when I'm actually wrong.

Cigaro
11-20-2008, 03:57 PM
maybe if they didnt have 3 picks in the first 10 miutes of the game. you dont see that often in the nfl. you also dont see qb option runs and percy harvin reverse option special either. thats two reasons i think

They didn't. They had two.

SMoore
11-20-2008, 04:45 PM

Kurt Warner? Didn't he do that?

CroomDawgs
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll drop the ego when I'm actually wrong.

Wow thats pretty sad. Guess you better be prepared for the STARHEATHER treatment around here.

As for Noorwood he's a better 3-4 OLB prospect than a 4-3 DE. He's a freak athelete and is a poor-man's lamarr woodley, although Woodley is a bigger than he was and noorwood isn't nearly the college player Lamarr was.

CroomDawgs
11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
he had the sec outstanding defensive performance of the week in a 56-6 loss

He played well but DJ Moore hands down should have been SEC Player of the week.

SenorGato
11-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Eric Norwood => Antwan Barnes

He probably won't go first round, but he's a steal because of it. If this guy is 3-4 inches taller...

bigsargefc
11-21-2008, 05:45 AM
He can play inside or outside... is the most perfect SAM linebacker you have ever seen. Can get off blocks, play against the run, and cover the TE.

Mr. Stiller
11-22-2008, 06:35 AM
he obviously should have

Woodley is nothing like Norwood.

Norwood is more compartive to a 4-3 SAM backer who could be solid in 3-4 OLB set.. IE Derrick Johnson.

Woodley was a 4-3 SDE and 3-4 SOLB and never played OLB in a 4-3 and really didn't show the ability for it.

Now hindsight he technically "Could" Play SLB in a 4-3.. but the fact remains, he wasn't proven in that regard like Norwood.

And Norwoods Speed is on a whole different level than Woodley, but I'd give Wood Passrushing and Motor in his favor.

CantStopGregJones
11-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Woodley is nothing like Norwood.

Norwood is more compartive to a 4-3 SAM backer who could be solid in 3-4 OLB set.. IE Derrick Johnson.

Woodley was a 4-3 SDE and 3-4 SOLB and never played OLB in a 4-3 and really didn't show the ability for it.

Now hindsight he technically "Could" Play SLB in a 4-3.. but the fact remains, he wasn't proven in that regard like Norwood.

And Norwoods Speed is on a whole different level than Woodley, but I'd give Wood Passrushing and Motor in his favor.

Woodley most definitely played some 43 OLB in his younger years at Michigan.

Mr. Stiller
11-22-2008, 07:52 AM

Um. No. Woodley played 3-4 LOLB.

Michigan (Sniper correct me if I'm wrong) Played a 3-4 his Fresh/Soph years. then went 4-3 his Jr/Sr. years, then 3-4 the year he left, and I'm not sure what they're playing now (3-4 or 3-3-5.)

Edit:

FR: RDE in a 4-3
So/Jr: ROLB in a 3-4
Sr.: RDE/LDE in a 4-3.

CroomDawgs
11-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Woodley never once played 4-3 OLB

Guess now you can check your ego since you've been proved wrong ;)

CroomDawgs
11-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Um. No. Woodley played 3-4 LOLB.

Michigan (Sniper correct me if I'm wrong) Played a 3-4 his Fresh/Soph years. then went 4-3 his Jr/Sr. years, then 3-4 the year he left, and I'm not sure what they're playing now (3-4 or 3-3-5.)

Edit:

FR: RDE in a 4-3
So/Jr: ROLB in a 3-4
Sr.: RDE/LDE in a 4-3.

Up to his soph year they played both 4-3 and 3-4 but mainly 3-4 if i'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure they switched to a 4-3 against Smith and Young, sniper would have to check on that. Junior senior thy went to 4-3.

Never once was he a 4-3 OLB

mav91
11-22-2008, 12:21 PM
i think norwood will stay another year although he has proven a good bit..his versatility is great and his motor like another person said is david pollack-esque

Mr. Stiller
11-23-2008, 01:08 AM
i think norwood will stay another year although he has proven a good bit..his versatility is great and his motor like another person said is david pollack-esque

Actually that is by far the best comparison I've seen to norwood.

CantStopGregJones
11-23-2008, 01:25 AM
I watched Woodley for 4 years at Michigan and I've seen him line up as a linebacker against Ohio State when they had 4 down lineman. 4 Down lineman = 43 defense. Woodley standing = Linebaker. 43 + Linebacker = Woodley has played some 43 linebacker.

Mr. Stiller
11-23-2008, 01:59 AM
I watched Woodley for 4 years at Michigan and I've seen him line up as a linebacker against Ohio State when they had 4 down lineman. 4 Down lineman = 43 defense. Woodley standing = Linebaker. 43 + Linebacker = Woodley has played some 43 linebacker.

Then you're eyes need help because Woodley has never lined up as a 4-3 Linebacker.

And EVEN if he did it may have been for something like 10 plays in his entire career.

And even with "4 Down Lineman" it could've just been the 3-4 with the opposing OLB playing with his hand down.

Norwood is a fulltime 4-3 OLB. Woodley was never a fulltime 4-3 OLB. I don't know how many people have to tell you this.

CantStopGregJones
11-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Then you're eyes need help because Woodley has never lined up as a 4-3 Linebacker.

And EVEN if he did it may have been for something like 10 plays in his entire career.

And even with "4 Down Lineman" it could've just been the 3-4 with the opposing OLB playing with his hand down.

Norwood is a fulltime 4-3 OLB. Woodley was never a fulltime 4-3 OLB. I don't know how many people have to tell you this.

Who ever said he was a full time 43 OLB? I'm saying he has lined up there before, and probably more than 10 plays too. He has the ability to be a 43 linebacker now and always has had that ability.