PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pro Bowl: Redskins vs AFC

SchizophrenicBatman
11-18-2008, 05:52 PM
In the first good move of Dan Snyder's NFL career he has succeeded in making the Pro Bowl the joke we all know it really is:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/11/redskins_successfully_make_moc.html

Current results: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omozwyd3yzd

I cant wait to see Khary Campbell and Rock Cartwright in the pro bowl

regoob2
11-18-2008, 05:56 PM
That's funny I think Ill vote for all of them too. They should just have one of those skills challenges instead.

d34ng3l021
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah I saw that. Its pretty funny.

I will be pissed if Roddy White doesnt make it because of Santana Moss though.

Draft King
11-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Looks like Michael Turner, Roddy White, and John Abraham aren't making it. White wasn't even mentioned. That's the pro-bowl for you.

BeerBaron
11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Haha......I saw that the Redskins were leading in like 17 categories and thought it was a joke at first.

The pro-bowl itself is kind of a joke......you vote all the players in, half of em don't even play, so you have like 4th and 5th alternates.....and they all get called "pro bowlers"......ugh.

Just name an "all star team" for each conference, and have a skills challenge.

Go_Eagles77
11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
What a joke.

skinzzfan25
11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Fan voting is only a 3rd of the total vote.

LOL @ all the mad people. The pro bowl is a total joke anyway.

regoob2
11-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Looks like Michael Turner, Roddy White, and John Abraham aren't making it. White wasn't even mentioned. That's the pro-bowl for you.
Well the Raiders, Lions and Chiefs LTs arent making it so that takes away all but one of Abrahams sacks.

Bruce Banner
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Redskins lose by 50.

:)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
i'm surprised it has taken this long for it to get exploited. Realistically, who is to say this isn't actual voting.....people are this stupid...

Yatta!
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Are these results for real?

I know people are stupid but surely not that bad?!

The Dynasty
11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Did Dan Synder hire people just to sit there and fill out Voting Ballots? lol.

There was some Redskins I never heard of on that list.(All Linemen.)

Thigamahjigee
11-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Well the Raiders, Lions and Chiefs LTs arent making it so that takes away all but one of Abrahams sacks.

Oh, so now only sacks against probowl OT count? And it's 3 sacks left junior.

Anyway, this is amusing to say the least.

21ST
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
this is funny as hell i didnt even know people knew who casey rabach is they just knew he is our sorry ass center there is no way all of them will actually go i think samules will make it and maybe portis, thats all

21ST
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
lol oh **** i didnt even read the second part until just now i wonder how the hell that happend how did we get 3 out of 4 the the top outside LB's so rocky H.B. AND marcus washington got voted this **** has got to be fake

oh yeah, if that is really how the team is going to turn out i support the mockery we made of the pro bowl 100 percent :)

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Trust me by the end of the season there will only be 2 or 3 skins pro bowlers. I've seen return numbers on previous seasons. The league makes the final decisions. I've seen guys with just 2 weeks left in voting who had unsurmountable leads but didn't make it. It isn't completely fan voting, the league has the last say, and they will make up the numbers.

jth1331
11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I always laugh at the "idiots" who think Pro Bowl is only fan voting. Its hardly a strong number, and it really comes down to the players and coaches.

Jughead10
11-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Trust me by the end of the season there will only be 2 or 3 skins pro bowlers. I've seen return numbers on previous seasons. The league makes the final decisions. I've seen guys with just 2 weeks left in voting who had unsurmountable leads but didn't make it. It isn't completely fan voting, the league has the last say, and they will make up the numbers.

Correct. Fan voting only counts for 1/3.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Honestly the only Skins deserving of the pro bowl are Clinton Portis and London Fletcher. I hope the coaches finally reward Fletcher. After Fred Taylor made the pro bowl last year Fletcher is now the biggest travesty that he has never made the pro bowl.

CashmoneyDrew
11-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Maybe Dan Snyder doesn't realize fan voting only makes up 33% of the vote?

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Reminds me of NBA all star voting, apparently the starters are voted solely by the fans. Because of Yao Ming and the Chinese vote all of his teammates were leading vote getters. With like 2 weeks left in voting Shane Battier and Luis Scola were double the votes of the next closest players and were slated to be starters. Magically they lost in voting during the next 2 weeks. These allstar games are "fan voted" but the league still has final say no matter what. With the NFL at least it's just 1/3.

scottyboy
11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
You guys know Roy Willams(DB) is a regular at the pro bowl right? 'nuff said.

CashmoneyDrew
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
You guys know Roy Willams(DB) is a regular at the pro bowl right? 'nuff said.

Douche Bag?

skinzzfan25
11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Douche Bag?

Roy Williams may be a dirty/bad player but he is defiantly not a douche bag.

CashmoneyDrew
11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Roy Williams may be a dirty/bad player but he is defiantly not a douche bag.

Didn't say he was. It's just the first thing that comes to mind when I see those letters. Sadly.

aNYtitan
11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Ummm, how can a player on the ballot be leading the next highest candidate by 143% of the vote?

skinzzfan25
11-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Didn't say he was. It's just the first thing that comes to mind when I see those letters. Sadly.

Ahh lol, check this out then :D

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1118082douche1.html

Burns336
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't think fan voting is only 1/3.

I know that is what the league says, but explain how Roy Williams continuously got in and probably would have got in this year as well if his name was on the ballot.

I think if the fans overwhelmingly choose someone, they will bring that player in no matter what the coaches and players say.

CashmoneyDrew
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think fan voting is only 1/3.

I know that is what the league says, but explain how Roy Williams continuously got in and probably would have got in this year as well if his name was on the ballot.

I think if the fans overwhelmingly choose someone, they will bring that player in no matter what the coaches and players say.

Fan voting is only 1/3 of the voting in the NFL. Name recognition mainly got Roy Williams in.

TimD
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Fan voting is only a 3rd of the total vote.

LOL @ all the mad people. The pro bowl is a total joke anyway.

no where near as bad as the NHL voting.

Forwards Alex Kovalev, Saku Koivu and Alex Tanguay, defencemen Andrei Markov and Mike Komisarek and goalie Carey Price are not merely leading every other player in their Eastern Conference categories. They are ahead by ridiculous margins, their monstrous numbers fuelled by computer-vote programs written to carpet-bomb, around the clock, for all six at once.

As of Sunday early afternoon, four days into balloting, Kovalev, Koivu and Tanguay had vote totals in the 190,000 range. The next closest forward, Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby, was approaching 84,000.

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=965374

GB12
11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Holy **** that's ridiculous. I know fan votes are only 1/3, but any Redskin votes shouldn't count at all. That's a ******* joke.

The one thing I did find funny was that Korey Hall is 5th for fullbacks. He's not even the best FB on his own team.

LonghornsLegend
11-18-2008, 09:33 PM
What!?!? Nonsense!!! Only Cowboy fans vote in herds for their players:rolleyes:

Burns336
11-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Fan voting is only 1/3 of the voting in the NFL. Name recognition mainly got Roy Williams in.

So you're tellin me that the other 2/3 (players and coaches) were also voting Roy in on name recognition?

I stand by my theory that this 1/3 stuff is crap. 13 players on the most hated team in the league would not make it in if it was evenly divided.

d34ng3l021
11-18-2008, 10:37 PM
So you're tellin me that the other 2/3 (players and coaches) were also voting Roy in on name recognition?

I stand by my theory that this 1/3 stuff is crap. 13 players on the most hated team in the league would not make it in if it was evenly divided.

Most hated team? Serious?

Menardo75
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Wow pathetic is what that is.

mqtirishfan
11-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Ummm, how can a player on the ballot be leading the next highest candidate by 143% of the vote?

It's simple. He more than doubles the total of the closest person.

regoob2
11-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Oh, so now only sacks against probowl OT count? And it's 3 sacks left junior.

Anyway, this is amusing to say the least.
What's amusing that your a homer or that Abraham chokes against anything other than the worst in the league.

CashmoneyDrew
11-18-2008, 11:21 PM
13 players on the most hated team in the league would not make it in if it was evenly divided.

Uhhh, what? Most hated? I'd say if they aren't the top team they are definitely top 3.

d34ng3l021
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM
What's amusing that your a homer or that Abraham chokes against anything other than the worst in the league.

Drew Brees had been sacked 7 times before the Falcons game. Abraham sacked him and abused Jamaal Brown the whole game.

He also had a sack against Chad Clifton.

Sacks are lame statistics anyway. I would rather go by pressures.

CashmoneyDrew
11-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Sacks aren't lame. They just shouldn't be the end all/be all when it comes to how you view production of a d-lineman.

regoob2
11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Drew Brees had been sacked 7 times before the Falcons game. Abraham sacked him and abused Jamaal Brown the whole game.

He also had a sack against Chad Clifton.

Sacks are lame statistics anyway. I would rather go by pressures.
I watched Abraham get dominated all game by John ******* St Clair. Abraham is overrated and needs to be more consistent to even be considered for the pro bowl.

Burns336
11-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Please dont argue with me over whether or not the Cowboys are the most hated team in the league. If not, I'd love to hear who is.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Please dont argue with me over whether or not the Cowboys are the most hated team in the league. If not, I'd love to hear who is.
Patriots???

Vox Populi
11-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Its not like they can anti-vote your players... There are way more Cowboy fans out there than any other team so they get more of a turn out for pro bowl voting. Im pretty sure when voting for the pro bowl not every person thinks, hmmm... hes awesome, but hes a cowboy, **** that guy ***** dude... Im voting for that random ass dude on the Lions!! Suck it Dallas!!

It probably does happen, but not every person does it...

M.O.T.H.
11-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Just like the Yankees...the Cowboys are both the most loved and hated team in their respective sport...and ESPN knows this.

BlindSite
11-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Everyone calls the probowl a joke, but in 10 years time when these guys are retired and trying to get into the HOF they'll need these probowls and all pro selections to make up their Resume.

Peppers, Beason, Gamble all deserve it and down the stretch Steve Smith will likely be making a lot of noise, though with Arizona, Atlanta and GB all having good WRs and him getting a late start I doubt he makes it.

This pisses me right off.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Everybody needs to calm down Portis, Cooley, and Sellers will be the only skins to make the pro bowl. The league will do what it do.

Jughead10
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Everybody needs to calm down Portis, Cooley, and Sellers will be the only skins to make the pro bowl. The league will do what it do.

Sellers actually might not. Many consider Hedgecock the best FB in football. Sellers might just because he catches TDs, but Hedgecock is probably the better lead blocker and paves the way for the best rushing attack in the NFL. Regardless, I'm just happy the Giants will have more than one pro bowler this year. I think we may only have one player on our team right now to ever make it. Pierce and he was an alternate.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Well if fan voting is 1/3 and Sellers leads all FB's by over 130,000 votes, if you combine that from the general perception of the league they must rate him in the top 5, than I think it makes him the favor. BTW I think Sammy Knight has made a pro bowl.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the Cowboys beat them to the punch to be honest with you.

Jimmy
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I watched Abraham get dominated all game by John ******* St Clair. Abraham is overrated and needs to be more consistent to even be considered for the pro bowl.

i'm sorry, but to say john abraham isn't playing at a pro bowl level is absolutely absurd. you can argue all you want that he isn't playing constistently, but the fact is he's playing better then 95% of the defensive ends in football right now, and idk what merits consistency, but that fact right there means he is a pro bowl caliber player.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
i'm sorry, but to say john abraham isn't playing at a pro bowl level is absolutely absurd. you can argue all you want that he isn't playing constistently, but the fact is he's playing better then 95% of the defensive ends in football right now, and idk what merits consistency, but that fact right there means he is a pro bowl caliber player.
What fact??? All you listed was an opinion. The fact that 8 of his sacks came against the Raiders, Lions and Chiefs doesnt do it for me. He's invisible against even decent OTs. Pro bowlers play better against top competition. Abraham doesn't do that.

Menardo75
11-19-2008, 11:36 AM
The best game I saw him have against top line OT's was Jamal Brown.

Draft King
11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
What fact??? All you listed was an opinion. The fact that 8 of his sacks came against the Raiders, Lions and Chiefs doesnt do it for me. He's invisible against even decent OTs. Pro bowlers play better against top competition. Abraham doesn't do that.

You and A Perfect Score or either joking or have no idea what you're talking about. At least you're man enough to say this in the thread though, Perfect Score will just send messages through neg rep and then hide.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 03:25 PM
You and A Perfect Score or either joking or have no idea what you're talking about. At least you're man enough to say this in the thread though, Perfect Score will just send messages through neg rep and then hide.
Ive never seen him make a sack all year. I guess ive only watched his bad games.

Bohleive
11-19-2008, 08:34 PM
I listen to the local Skins station, which Snyder owns incidentally, and essentially, he not only has all the local personalities tell people to stuff the ballot, but practically runs ads saying the same thing. It's pretty obnoxious. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, vote for all the redskins, and, you can vote as many times as you want.

Menardo75
11-19-2008, 09:00 PM
I listen to the local Skins station, which Snyder owns incidentally, and essentially, he not only has all the local personalities tell people to stuff the ballot, but practically runs ads saying the same thing. It's pretty obnoxious. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, vote for all the redskins, and, you can vote as many times as you want.

I wonder if Al Davis does the same thing.

BlindSite
11-20-2008, 03:16 AM
Abraham, and Peppers would be my De starters this year in the NFC

d34ng3l021
11-20-2008, 04:04 AM

I do not know what you are talking about. Just because he doesn't get sacks against top competition doesn't make him 'invisible.' I highly doubt that you have seen him play in other games than the Bears game so you really shouldn't be talking about Abraham and how he doesn't deserve to be in the pro bowl or how he isn't playing like one of the best DEs in the NFL. The fact that he plays only about 50%-60% of the snaps and is 2.5 sacks away from the league lead is very impressive. He nearly constantly brings pressure from his side and forces the QB to step up and avoid the rush. Its not his fault that no one on the Falcons DL is consistently capable of getting to the QB and getting sacks.

Once again: sacks are not the be-all end-all statistic for DEs. Watch the player perform consistently for the entire season if you are going to make a judgment on how his year has been, because otherwise you might just look stupid.

Jughead10
11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I do not know what you are talking about. Just because he doesn't get sacks against top competition doesn't make him 'invisible.' I highly doubt that you have seen him play in other games than the Bears game so you really shouldn't be talking about Abraham and how he doesn't deserve to be in the pro bowl or how he isn't playing like one of the best DEs in the NFL. The fact that he plays only about 50%-60% of the snaps and is 2.5 sacks away from the league lead is very impressive. He nearly constantly brings pressure from his side and forces the QB to step up and avoid the rush. Its not his fault that no one on the Falcons DL is consistently capable of getting to the QB and getting sacks.

Once again: sacks are not the be-all end-all statistic for DEs. Watch the player perform consistently for the entire season if you are going to make a judgment on how his year has been, because otherwise you might just look stupid.

Here's a good question. Why is he only playing 50%-60% of the snaps? Is he only being used in certain situations because certain parts of his game are lacking?

d34ng3l021
11-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Here's a good question. Why is he only playing 50%-60% of the snaps? Is he only being used in certain situations because certain parts of his game are lacking?

I am not 100% sure. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with parts of his game lacking, but just its just a matter of giving him rest so when he does play, he is good to go and increases his impact. This also reduces the chance of injury, which is nice.

Jughead10
11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
I am not 100% sure. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with parts of his game lacking, but just its just a matter of giving him rest so when he does play, he is good to go and increases his impact. This also reduces the chance of injury, which is nice.

Is he taking snaps off in more running situations?

d34ng3l021
11-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Is he taking snaps off in more running situations?

I wouldn't be able to tell you cause I have not noticed whether he is playing or not (I have looked up articles talking about how he is taking less snaps and none of them say), but I would assume that if he were to take snaps off, it would more likely be in running situations, because pass rushing is his forte. It wouldnt make sense to take snaps off in passing situations for him.

Throughout Abraham's career, there have been two knocks on him. One is that he gets hurt too much, and the other is that he's not strong enough against the run. The first is true, to an extent -- he has missed quite a few games over the course of his career, although he's started all five this year and started all 16 last year. But the second? I saw no evidence of that at all on Sunday.

That is an article talking about John Abraham and his game against the Packers. It can be found here (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/08/every-play-counts-john-abraham-is-the-biggest-reason-the-falcon/).

yodabear
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Got to start my voting for Oshimingoo Atogwe!

andyjo672
11-21-2008, 12:42 PM

Technically, to lead by 143% means that you would have 2.43 votes for every 1 vote the next highest got as 100% more votes would be double, so 2 to 1, and 143% more is 1+1+.43. Thats how.

LonghornsLegend
11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I found it really tough to vote for a safety, in either conference, unless you just wanted to give it to a big name that hasn't really played that well this year.

fenikz
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I found it really tough to vote for a safety, in either conference, unless you just wanted to give it to a big name that hasn't really played that well this year.

Really? Adrian Wilson has been playing amazing

Shane P. Hallam
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Really? Adrian Wilson has been playing amazing

He was knocked out for a few games though.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Here is something I found on our MB

Randy Thomas stared in puzzled silence at the numbers for the longest time, then finally starting laughing. If the Pro Bowl voting were to end right now, the veteran right guard would be on his way to Hawaii - along with 19 of his Washington Redskins teammates.

"You've got to be kidding me,'' Thomas said. "Wow.''

So far, it's the Redskins in a burgundy state landslide. Fans have responded in droves to an aggressive get-out-the-vote campaign conducted by one of the most market-savvy teams in the NFL, putting virtually everyone in the lineup - even those who haven't played much or have played well below Pro Bowl caliber - ahead of the pack in the NFC.

"It's a surprise,'' said Khary Campbell - that's right, Khary Campbell - who has a lead of more than 2-to-1 over his nearest competitor in voting for special teams specialist. "But I'm happy to see our fans showing the overwhelming support they do have for us.''

The Redskins' campaign has been so effective that the NFL felt the need to raise the issue in an e-mail sent last week to the digital media departments of all 32 teams by George Scott, the league's general manager, club sites, at NFL Digital Media.

"As it stands right now, the Redskins are leading the NFC ballots in 16 of 19 positions,'' said the e-mail, a copy of which was provided to The Associated Press. "It's no surprise, given that they have been promoting this all season long. ... This would be a great weekend to promote Pro Bowl voting to your fans. Let me know if you need any ideas or support from the league (or the Redskins) in this important initiative.''

Right now, eight of the 11 NFC starters on both offense and defense would be Redskins, plus all four special teams players. Shawn Springs, who has missed six games with injuries, is the leading vote-getter at cornerback. Mike Sellers has one-third of the votes for fullback, giving him a huge margin over his nearest competitor, Madison Hedgecock of the New York Giants. The Giants are 9-1, but their only vote leader is defensive end Justin Tuck.

That's not to say all 20 Redskins are shoo-ins. Fan voting on nfl.com continues through Dec. 9, and it counts for only one-third of the total. Then the coaches and players are polled separately, each counting for one-third.

But some of the leads - including Sellers' - are so large they could be tough to surmount under the complex formula the NFL uses for apportioning votes. The situation is somewhat reminiscent of last season, when the ever-popular Dallas Cowboys sent 13 players to Hawaii.

At least those Cowboys were a 13-3 team. The Redskins' decent but not spectacular record of 6-4 makes the overload of Pro Bowl love almost embarrassing, especially for a candid veteran such as Thomas, who frankly admitted he didn't think he was playing at an all-star level.

"I guess I'm critical of myself,'' Thomas said, "but I can always play better than what I'm been doing.''

The showering of votes represents another coup for Redskins owner Dan Snyder, whose marketing ploys have been far more successful than his football moves. In the spirit of the national presidential campaign, the team launched "Vote the Redskins Ticket'' in October, featuring Hall of Fame legends Sonny Jurgensen and Sam Huff. They were the first two faces greeting anyone who visited the team's Web site, and they graced the cover of the program at a recent home game.

"We encouraged our fans to vote for the Pro Bowl, and they responded in record numbers,'' team spokesman Zack Bolno said. "Our fans are always enthusiastic and supportive of the Redskins and they demonstrated their passion by voting for their favorite players.''

The general concept was hardly a new one. Teams from all the major sports have been encouraging their fans to stuff all-star ballot boxes for decades, resulting in some absurd selections.

While flattered by the support from their fans, many Redskins agreed the votes from the coaches and players carry more credence. Ryan Plackemeier, the leading vote-getter among punters despite ranking 18th in average yards per kick, knows there's a good chance he's not going to stay at the top.

"I think having a big marketing thing can make a big difference if you're second or third and they (the fans) get you into first,'' Plackemeier said. "I don't know if you're in the middle-of-the-pack kind of thing they can bump you all the way up to first, but we'll see.''

Besides, now that word is out the Redskins are dominating the voting, jealous fans across the country will take notice.

"Once other teams catch on,'' Plackemeier said, "they'll get some more votes for their guys.''

SeanTaylorRIP
11-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I hate how every damn media outlet says that the Skins would have 19 starters if voting ended today. The pro bowl is not determined solely on fan voting!!! If pro bowl voting ended today, the Skins would have 5 pro bowlers max, I guarantee.

Mr. Stiller
11-22-2008, 08:54 AM

Polamalu?

He is playing absolutely insane this season. Had 2 of the greatest INT's I've ever seen (In the "HOW THE **** DID HE DO THAT?!?" sense)

And he's just crushing teams.

I think if you're saying he hasn't played well this year you haven't seen him play. Troy didn't deserve it last year, but this year he certainly does.

Mr. Stiller
11-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I'd like to thank Daniel Snyder for not making FA a joke this season only to turn around and make the pro-bowl even more of a joke. Hats off to you sir.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I hate how every damn media outlet says that the Skins would have 19 starters if voting ended today. The pro bowl is not determined solely on fan voting!!! If pro bowl voting ended today, the Skins would have 5 pro bowlers max, I guarantee.

Yeah but think of it this way.. Whatever formula they use and the # of fan votes for the players still impact it. They used Sellers as an example above. Even if it counts for 1/3, that 1/3 will be a high # because it seems like your whole fan base was intent on screwing the pro bowl up and making it even more of a joke.

fenikz
11-22-2008, 02:06 PM
He was knocked out for a few games though.

I don't see your point, Q was too and he is a lock

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Chris Hope and Michael Griffin are pretty awesome.

UKfan
11-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Melvin Bullitt!!!

neko4
11-22-2008, 06:00 PM
i was at the skins/boys game and they played an ad on the big screen telling people to "vote the redskins" ticket.

Not sure if they talked about that in the links cuz i didnt click on them

jetsfan0099
11-22-2008, 08:34 PM
John Abraham is a beast. I miss him...... We can't get a pass rusher like him since... Though I am happy we got Nick Mangold for him. Mangold is one of the best centers in football and is durable while Abraham is injury prone. And Mangold is 24, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Based only on the results of fan voting so far, eight of 11 NFC starters on both offense and defense would be Redskins, along with all four special teams players. Fan voting on NFL.com continues through Dec. 9 and counts for one-third of the total. Players’ and coaches’ votes each count for one-third as well, so the Redskins landslide could be stemmed in late December.
hahahahahaah

SeanTaylorRIP
11-23-2008, 08:32 AM
hahahahahaah

Everyone knows that, that's why I thought it was stupid everyone was overreacting like these guys were actually going to make the pro bowl. If anything coaches will purposely not vote for them, I still contend that Clinton Portis and Chris Cooley will be the only pro bowl skins with the possibility of Mike Sellers, London Fletcher, and maybe either Landry or Horton.

GermanSaint
11-23-2008, 09:14 AM
The best game I saw him have against top line OT's was Jamal Brown.

top OT and jammal brown in the same sentence ?

jammal gets played with since 2006 and all he does is getting flagged for holding.

he isnīt near his pro bowl performance , but his knees are damaged goods , though.

neko4
11-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Everyone knows that, that's why I thought it was stupid everyone was overreacting like these guys were actually going to make the pro bowl. If anything coaches will purposely not vote for them, I still contend that Clinton Portis and Chris Cooley will be the only pro bowl skins with the possibility of Mike Sellers, London Fletcher, and maybe either Landry or Horton.
I think Sellers should be in it. He's the best FB in the NFC and should be more involved in the offense

GB12
11-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Nick Collins.

Jughead10
11-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I think Sellers should be in it. He's the best FB in the NFC and should be more involved in the offense

Hedgecock disagrees. Apparently his TD celebration was him rowing to Hawaii.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Hedgecock disagrees. Apparently his TD celebration was him rowing to Hawaii.

Hear him talk, that's the funniest thing ever. I always thought you have to be pretty damn crazy to want to be a FB and crash into guys, and it shows with him.