PDA

View Full Version : McNabb Trade?

The Legend
11-19-2008, 11:23 PM
If Donovan McNabb was traded during the offseason. How much do you think the Eagles could actually get for him?

Bruce Banner
11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
McNabb can still sling the pigskin with the best of them. I just chose a 2nd because I am too lazy to explain the other.

PACKmanN
11-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I think something like what we got for Favre.

The Legend
11-19-2008, 11:27 PM
I think something like what we got for Favre.

That sounds about right.

Scotty D
11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Lions will take Reid and McNabb for a second rounder.

PackerLegend
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
I wasn't aware a game could end in a tie... I wasn't even aware I could be traded. I think the Eagles could easily get a 2nd

CC.SD
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
I think there's a little wishful thinking in this thread, someone would pony up a first for McNabb. This is no Favre situation.

Shane P. Hallam
11-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I'd say a 3rd would be max value.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 11:44 PM
No way they trade him for less than a 1st.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 12:51 AM
I would say he gets traded for a conditional draft choice if he gets traded.

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 12:52 AM

Wow, two "special" QBs on the same team... I would feel bad for the city of Detroit.

Paul
11-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Wow, two "special" QBs on the same team... I would feel bad for the city of Detroit.

Ha, when that was censored I thought you could of been a tiny bit racist.

CC.SD
11-20-2008, 01:00 AM

I wouldn't...McNabb to Calvin, yay!

diabsoule
11-20-2008, 01:18 AM
I think they could get a second and I think they should seriously look into trading him.

Zyro_1014
11-20-2008, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't...McNabb to Calvin, yay!

Calvin would be so scary with a QB that could get him the rock!

just dont take my QB...

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 01:56 AM
The beginning of the Kevin Kolb era?

Zyro_1014
11-20-2008, 01:58 AM
The beginning of the Kevin Kolb era?

please dont talk like that....i hope to god that day never comes.

ElectricEye
11-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Probably a second. If they get anything less I don't think they trade him. Not for awhile anyway.

BlindSite
11-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Conditional second round pick or something imo.

ChezPower4
11-20-2008, 07:07 AM
I think a second and 4th or a 5th would not be too bad of a deal for him if they really wanted to move him.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
u mean Black?

MetSox17
11-20-2008, 09:32 AM
u mean Black?

I'm sure he means idiots.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
and im sure i was kidding

MetSox17
11-20-2008, 09:43 AM
And i'm sure i didn't get the first reference and now feel dumb for trying to correct it.

UK_Cheesehead
11-20-2008, 10:22 AM
I think quite a few teams in this league desperate for a QB would happily hand over a 2nd rounder, possibly even a 1st if they were that desperate for one. Not sure I really see him getting traded, do the Eagles fans want him gone or is it just papertalk because he's been struggling lately?

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Chilly-Mcnabb reunion.

Bucs_Rule
11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Chilly-Mcnabb reunion.

That one makes sense. The connection and Minny is a team ready to contend today that needs a QB.

giantsfan
11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Before Orton stepped up I was sure that Donovan was going to come home to da bears this offseason, now Minesota seems like a good bet, although hopefully they fire childress which might change that.

Go_Eagles77
11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I can see Childress forking over a 1st rounder for McNabb, but it won't happen as long as Reid is in town. It would be pretty sweet having 3 first rounders though haha. I really don't think Kolb would do too bad.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Trade Donovan to the Cards. Kurt has about a year or two left in him, after that he would continue the Cards offensive machine going. This is just semi-serious but for real I think the Cards would be stupid to invest their future in Matt Leinart. Leinart at the helm takes away the Cards vertical passing game which is their most dangerous asset which opens up the west coast stuff to Boldin and Fitz.

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I would welcome McNabb, but not for a first.

Zyro_1014
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM

well.....you cant have him then! :)

The Dynasty
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM

Trade a 3rd Round that could go up to a 1st Round if we get to some level like Superbowl or Conference Championship Game.

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
well.....you cant have him then! :)

Looks like I'll have to be happy with Matt Casell :(

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM

Why not your a Quarterback away from being a playoff team.

Zyro_1014
11-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Looks like I'll have to be happy with Matt Casell :(

hmmm, you think you guys are gonna go after him??

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 03:27 PM

That's what the word is...

The Dynasty
11-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Well we need to go after atleast one QB this off season. Gus is late 30's and Tarvaris is well Tarvaris....so its either trade for McNabb...Sign Cassel or another FA QB.

Zyro_1014
11-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Well we need to go after atleast one QB this off season. Gus is late 30's and Tarvaris is well Tarvaris....so its either trade for McNabb...Sign Cassel or another FA QB.

Well you cant have McNabb :) so....looks like Cassel haha

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2008, 03:30 PM
JDB is the truth?!

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 03:31 PM
JDB is the truth?!

No, JDB is dog ****.

Zyro_1014
11-20-2008, 03:44 PM
No, JDB is dog ****.

dont talk about the Great John David Booty like that! lol

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I thought for sure he would be the starter by this time.

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Why not your a Quarterback and new coach away from being a playoff team.

There you go.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
There you go.

As a Packer fan do you agree with that?

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Why not your a Quarterback away from being a playoff team.

Because, this is a loaded ass class for offensive tackles, and that is a HUGE need.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Because, this is a loaded ass class for offensive tackles, and that is a HUGE need.

That is true. It is loaded enough though that you can get a very good one with your second rounder.

GB12
11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Trade Donovan to the Cards. Kurt has about a year or two left in him, after that he would continue the Cards offensive machine going. This is just semi-serious but for real I think the Cards would be stupid to invest their future in Matt Leinart. Leinart at the helm takes away the Cards vertical passing game which is their most dangerous asset which opens up the west coast stuff to Boldin and Fitz.
Too bad they didn't take Jay Cutler

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
That is true. It is loaded enough though that you can get a very good one with your second rounder.

That's a good point. I'm really looking for a consistent mauler; guard is also an important spot, too.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
That's a good point. I'm really looking for a consistent mauler; guard is also an important spot, too.

I think Loadholt in the second would be perfect at RT for you guys. Then Ryan Cook and replace Birk when he retires.

GB12
11-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I think Loadholt in the second would be perfect at RT for you guys. Then Ryan Cook and replace Birk when he retires.
Haha. That'd be hilarious.

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 04:08 PM

**** that, we have John Sullivan. I hate Ryan Cook at everything.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 04:10 PM
**** that, we have John Sullivan. I hate Ryan Cook at everything.

Oh ok I just said that because Ryan Cook was a center and I thought that is what he would be best at.

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh ok I just said that because Ryan Cook was a center and I thought that is what he would be best at.

He's best at not playing football.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
He's best at not playing football.

Haha I'm glad we have that established now.

RaiderNation
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
1st rounder in this years draft and a 2nd or 3rd next years draft

familyguy555
11-20-2008, 05:47 PM
1st rounder in this years draft and a 2nd or 3rd next years draft

That's way too much for such an old QB. He'd be lucky to get just a first this year.

holt_bruce81
11-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Eagles would be dumb if they trade him, not going to happen.

They should be able to get a 1st round pick.

Xiomera
11-20-2008, 06:08 PM
The Lions will swap you Daunte for Donovon . . . it'll be like a 1999 do-over. Only you come out the worse for it . . . haha

diabsoule
11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
It would be a terrible idea for the Vikings to trade for McNabb. What they need is a game-manager which is not what McNabb is. I don't care if he has connections to Childress or what they did together in Philadelphia, the fact of the matter is that McNabb is a loser and a sore loser at that. Has he ever taken the blame for a loss? He's never won a big game (playoff wise) and choked terribly in the Super Bowl. The QB that the Vikings should go after is Matt Cassell.

I don't know where McNabb would be a good fit at. Maybe Detroit while their QB of the future learns under him. Possibly Tampa Bay? Now that I think about it I kinda like the idea of McNabb in TB but I doubt the Bucs trade a 2nd away for him.

Bruce Banner
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
McNabb would see Gruden's playbook and die.

ChezPower4
11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
It would be a terrible idea for the Vikings to trade for McNabb. What they need is a game-manager which is not what McNabb is. I don't care if he has connections to Childress or what they did together in Philadelphia, the fact of the matter is that McNabb is a loser and a sore loser at that. Has he ever taken the blame for a loss? He's never won a big game (playoff wise) and choked terribly in the Super Bowl. The QB that the Vikings should go after is Matt Cassell.

I don't know where McNabb would be a good fit at. Maybe Detroit while their QB of the future learns under him. Possibly Tampa Bay? Now that I think about it I kinda like the idea of McNabb in TB but I doubt the Bucs trade a 2nd away for him.

Matt Cassell really? McNabb gives them a much better chance to win than Cassell. McNabb may not be the best game manager but he can do damage with his arm and is always a threat to run given the chance.

Matt Cassell has lot of talent around him and he's been playing in that system for four seasons now. He's only had two really good games. If the Vikings sign Cassell I will laugh at the biggest FA signing at QB since the Texans signed Schaub.

diabsoule
11-20-2008, 08:15 PM

Not so much. Just change the name of the plays to different Campbell's soups and McNabb would catch on in a snap.

Bruce Banner
11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Not so much. Just change the name of the plays to different Campbell's soups and McNabb would catch on in a snap.

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/2008/02/22/the_nfl_coaching_tree_2008_pt_1.php

Kidding aside, they come from the same football school of thought, so I think the transition would be faster than usual.

diabsoule
11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
http://www.sports-central.org/sports/2008/02/22/the_nfl_coaching_tree_2008_pt_1.php

Kidding aside, they come from the same football school of thought, so I think the transition would be faster than usual.

Exactly, which is why I think it'd be a great match in TB. I forgot about that connection. Thanks.

Bruce Banner
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Exactly, which is why I think it'd be a great match in TB. I forgot about that connection. Thanks.

The more I think about it, the more similarities I find between Gruden and Reid.

Both abandon the run on a regular basis, chalk up mistakes to execution/injuries rather than coaching failures, have the fans ISOPWs.

I would trade for McNabb [when you're drafting Dexter Jackson with a second....]. Garcia is a geriatric that plays with no regard for his life, Griese [no explanation needed], McCown [He's "Grudenized" already], Josh Johnson is a multi-year project that will eventually be "Grudenized".....in short, no concrete present or future option at QB. McNabb, despite his mental midgetness, is a perfect fit for now and later. I can live with injuries at this point.

Go_Eagles77
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Yeah because the eagles playbook is so easy.

Bruce Banner
11-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah because the eagles playbook is so easy.

As I said earlier, they both come from the same flummoxing pass-happy systems. Gruden's version is just notoriously complicated, I'd assume even a little bit more than Reid's. Level of difficulty obviously doesn't determine the level of success [based on the **** I've seen on the field and spreadsheets over the last 6 years], so don't take it as an insult.

diabsoule
11-20-2008, 08:57 PM
The more I think about it, the more similarities I find between Gruden and Reid.

Both abandon the run on a regular basis, chalk up mistakes to execution/injuries rather than coaching failures, have the fans ISOPWs.

I would trade for McNabb. Garcia is a geriatric that plays with no regard for his life, Griese [no explanation needed], McCown [He's "Grudenized" already], Josh Johnson is a multi-year project that will eventually be "Grudenized".....in short, no concrete present or future option at QB. McNabb, despite his mental midgetness, is a perfect fit for now and later. I can live with injuries at this point.

I really liked Josh Johnson and wanted the Saints to draft him last year so Payton could groom him to be Brees' eventual successor years down the road.

Bruce Banner
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I really liked Josh Johnson and wanted the Saints to draft him last year so Payton could groom him to be Brees' eventual successor years down the road.

Warren Sapp once said that "you can't beat the Bucs with one weapon". He directed this towards Ron Mexico and company. Well, Bush and J. Johnson [assuming he has become serviceable] is about all you would need, weapons wise. Add Colston and the rest of those lads and you have a slaughter twice a year. [well, not really, nothing any better than what your offense already puts up against us]

diabsoule
11-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Warren Sapp once said that you can't beat the Bucs with one weapon. He directed this towards Ron Mexico and the Falcons. Well, Bush and J. Johnson [assuming he has become serviceable] is about all you would need, weapons wise. Add Colston and the rest of those lads and you have a slaughter twice a year.

While that may be true, it comes down to offensive line play and the Saints have been lackluster at best the past two years when it comes to getting a push in the run game. It's great that Brees' can step back to pass about 72 times a game while getting sacked maybe 3 times but if you average 2.9 yards a game on the ground then you aren't going to win very many games.

aNYtitan
11-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Haven't we been down this road already? I think its unlikely that he gets moved this offseason.

The Dynasty
11-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Haven't we been down this road already? I think its unlikely that he gets moved this offseason.

Yeah it was talked about last offseason on here...Pretty much the same teams in the talk haha.

aNYtitan
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Ok to all Philly fans, would you rather have the football be entrusted to Kevin Kolb and gain a 2nd round pick (at best because the Eagles would take a huge salary cap hit)? I really doubt it.

Bruce Banner
11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
While that may be true, it comes down to offensive line play and the Saints have been lackluster at best the past two years when it comes to getting a push in the run game. It's great that Brees' can step back to pass about 72 times a game while getting sacked maybe 3 times but if you average 2.9 yards a game on the ground then you aren't going to win very many games.

Of course.

LonghornsLegend
11-21-2008, 12:16 AM

I don't know how much longer Reid and Mcnabb have left together, somebody has got to go here pretty soon...Mcnabb is fine, but that offense needs more of an identity and needs to learn how to close games.

Brodeur
11-21-2008, 12:17 AM

Please don't suggest this again Scotty.

ChezPower4
11-21-2008, 07:57 AM
I don't know how much longer Reid and Mcnabb have left together, somebody has got to go here pretty soon...Mcnabb is fine, but that offense needs more of an identity and needs to learn how to close games.

If I were a philly fan, I'd be ok with a McNabb trade. I would not want to see Andy Reid get fired.

Sniper
11-21-2008, 08:51 AM
If I were a philly fan, I'd be ok with a McNabb trade. I would not want to see Andy Reid get fired.

You would be a terrible Philly fan. McNabb has actually been fairly good this year. 2711 yards, 59,4% completion, 7.10 ypa, 14 TD, 8 INT with a terrible WR corps and a lack of a running game.

Andy Reid, on the other hand, is a complete moron. He steadfastly refuses to run the ball. If running the ball doesn't work for two plays, forget it, it's over. In ten years, he has not learned the concept of clock management. He is terrible at challenges. He steadfastly refuses to address glaring needs. The Eagles still don't have a #1 receiver, they haven't had a return game until this year, they still have not addressed the glaring OT of the future need, and in general, they don't address needs well in the draft. Reid and Lurie are both incredibly arrogant, always thinking that they're one step ahead of everyone. From Lurie never going under $20 million under the cap to claiming the Eagles are the "gold standard" to Reid thinking Chris Gocong is a good SAM backer to Reid never running the ball to Reid throwing the ball 58 times last week and only giving Brian Westbrook 17 touches, the list goes on and on.

Andy Reid is a bumbling idiot. Yes, he built himself a good team. No, he will never win a championship with it. The Eagles don't win close games. That's a huge reflection of coaching. In games decided by a touchdown or less this year, they are 0-4-1. They were 2-5 last season. 3-5 the year before. Reid's clock management is a huge joke across the league.

To answer the original question, a first rounder for an injury-prone QB on the wrong side of 30 is absurd. I'd be ecstatic with a second rounder. Do I want Donovan gone? No. Is it going to happen if/when the Eagles don't make the playoffs? More than likely.

ChezPower4
11-21-2008, 09:41 AM
You would be a terrible Philly fan. McNabb has actually been fairly good this year. 2711 yards, 59,4% completion, 7.10 ypa, 14 TD, 8 INT with a terrible WR corps and a lack of a running game.

Andy Reid, on the other hand, is a complete moron. He steadfastly refuses to run the ball. If running the ball doesn't work for two plays, forget it, it's over. In ten years, he has not learned the concept of clock management. He is terrible at challenges. He steadfastly refuses to address glaring needs. The Eagles still don't have a #1 receiver, they haven't had a return game until this year, they still have not addressed the glaring OT of the future need, and in general, they don't address needs well in the draft. Reid and Lurie are both incredibly arrogant, always thinking that they're one step ahead of everyone. From Lurie never going under $20 million under the cap to claiming the Eagles are the "gold standard" to Reid thinking Chris Gocong is a good SAM backer to Reid never running the ball to Reid throwing the ball 58 times last week and only giving Brian Westbrook 17 touches, the list goes on and on.

Andy Reid is a bumbling idiot. Yes, he built himself a good team. No, he will never win a championship with it. The Eagles don't win close games. That's a huge reflection of coaching. In games decided by a touchdown or less this year, they are 0-4-1. They were 2-5 last season. 3-5 the year before. Reid's clock management is a huge joke across the league.

To answer the original question, a first rounder for an injury-prone QB on the wrong side of 30 is absurd. I'd be ecstatic with a second rounder. Do I want Donovan gone? No. Is it going to happen if/when the Eagles don't make the playoffs? More than likely.

It's not like you haven't had chances to win a Championship with McNabb and Reid. I'm not say that McNabb is playing poorly this season at all but he's not been as well as he was a few years ago. When McNabb plays well Philly usually wins. when McNabb plays poorly the result is usually a loss. As for the losing close games that's not all Reids fault. Some of that is on the Reid and the coaches but the players have to make plays and lets be honest here, McNabb is not mr. comeback. Never has been and never will be.

In the Super Bowl a few years ago watching that game about 5 or 6 times now, I think the Eagles had that game and McNabb blew it. IMO there is no one person in that game responsible for that loss than McNabb. So McNabb and Reid have shown that they can win a championship.

I say that it would be a good idea to trade McNabb now because it seems as if he'll never regain his form of a few years ago and he is up there in years but he's not too old yet so he still has descent value. Reid has built a good team and you have some good young talent. Reid may have his coaching flaws but what coach in the NFL doesn't?

Sniper
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Reid may have his coaching flaws but what coach in the NFL doesn't?

Reid has not changed any of his flaws, and it has cost the Eagles way too many games.

ChezPower4
11-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Reid has not changed any of his flaws, and it has cost the Eagles way too many games.

nothing worse than losing close games, so your frustation is very understandable.

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:46 AM
First off, Donovan will not be traded this off-season.

If he would though, it would be for a 2nd and a 4th, or something similar to that.

Sorry I'm a little late getting into this.

ChezPower4
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
First off, Donovan will not be traded this off-season.

If he would though, it would be for a 2nd and a 4th, or something similar to that.

Sorry I'm a little late getting into this.

that's what i posted earlier and i think it makes alot of sense. would Eagels fans be mad if this actually happened?

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM
that's what i posted earlier and i think it makes alot of sense. would Eagels fans be mad if this actually happened?

Most of us would I think. There are the ones that are all for McNabb and ones that are totally against him. This week had me the closest to seeing McNabb in a negative way since he got here, but I still support him and AR all the way.

The Legend
11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Looks like it could happen.

trkaline
11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Looks like it could happen.

No, McNabb and Andy Reid are both gonna get run out of Philly by the towns people sporting torches and pitchforks...

RaiderNation
11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I think Reid is the problem, not McNabb. They need to get a power back with Westbrook and run the ball. Ried loves to throw it, but they dont have the weapons.

Smokey Joe
11-23-2008, 03:45 PM
What are the odds that this is Reid's last year in Philly?

trkaline
11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
What are the odds that this is Reid's last year in Philly?

92.6%.....................

Go_Eagles77
11-23-2008, 04:30 PM
If we finish below .500 I think Reid has to get fired.

PACKmanN
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
If we finish below .500 I think Reid has to get fired.

who takes over the offense? you could promote Johnson as a HC and one of the other guys could be promoted to DC, but who at OC.

Eaglez.Fan
11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Mike Leach!!!!

The Legend
11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Trade him and McNabb. I bet someone higher then Andy Reid made him bench Mcnabb.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
how do u count a tie?

BlindSite
11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
McNabb in Minnesota is a scary thought.

The Legend
11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I think he should goto the Buccaneers if they dont keep Jeff Garcia.

Maybe some of these teams.
Lions
Rams
Bears
Vikings
49ers

The Dynasty
11-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I think he should goto the Buccaneers if they dont keep Jeff Garcia.

Maybe some of these teams.
Lions
Rams
Bears
Vikings
49ers

I would take either of McNabb in a trade or Garcia in the offseason signing. Gus has been alright but he is 37 or around that age...

regoob2
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
He would be a great fit for the Vikes.

Smokey Joe
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM
It would make the most sense for McNabb to go to either Minnesota or Tampa Bay, as they both run very similar offenses. And I don't see any team still a ways away from being a legit playoff competitor going after him. Plus, the Lions are gonna get Stafford with the no. 1 pick.

I see the Bucs re-signing Garcia in the offseason, and instead use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB to quickly develop behind Garcia and be ready in a year or two. Josh Johnson is still a project and far away from being ready to lead a team.

So by process of elimination, I see the Vikings getting McNabb, especially if they just miss out on the playoffs, which I think they will. There is the coaching connection there, and McNabb fits in really well. Also, it isn't to far away from his hometown of Chicago. I think Minnesota will trade their 2nd and 5th round picks (probably in the 18-22 range) for him, that should get it done.

RaiderNation
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I expect the Vikings to either sign Cassell if hes a F/A or trade for McNabb. If they had one of them this year I could see them being the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC.

Zyro_1014
11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Mike Leach!!!!

Lets do it, he probably runs the ball more than Reid does...

Westbrook is one of the best players in the frickin game and we dont get him the ball? What the heck?

Kolb is garbage, if we trade McNabb we better draft a stud...because Kolb is not the answer.

Sniper
11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Kolb is garbage, if we trade McNabb we better draft a stud...because Kolb is not the answer.

And you can tell this from one half against arguably the NFL's best defense where he performed better than McNabb?

Some people....

Zyro_1014
11-24-2008, 01:18 AM
And you can tell this from one half against arguably the NFL's best defense where he performed better than McNabb?

Some people....

Look at him! You can watch him play and tell hes not a franchise QB...

D-Unit
11-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Would anyone really trade for him? The Eagles are gonna cut him before he steals 10M+ from them next year. That kind of salary for that kind of player doesn't make sense for him anymore.

Menardo75
11-24-2008, 02:53 AM
If Kolb starts thursday night then we can say goodbye to McNabb's days as an Eagle.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 06:43 AM
If Kolb starts thursday night then we can say goodbye to McNabb's days as an Eagle.

He's already done....

UK_Cheesehead
11-24-2008, 06:56 AM
If he doesn't play Thursday night and Kolb does, wouldn't that give the Eagles even less value trying to trade McNabb because every other team in the league know the Eagles don't want him, and if he does get $10m+ next year they're gonna cut him so teams will have more bargaining power (if you get me). I could see the Eagles perhaps playing McNabb the rest of the year, giving Kolb more time just so it makes it look like they want McNabb and can possibly get more value for him if they do trade him.

Personally I think they need rid of McNabb and Reid and to just start over, god knows that team has talent.

Scotty D
11-24-2008, 07:08 AM
If he doesn't play Thursday night and Kolb does, wouldn't that give the Eagles even less value trying to trade McNabb because every other team in the league know the Eagles don't want him, and if he does get $10m+ next year they're gonna cut him so teams will have more bargaining power (if you get me). I could see the Eagles perhaps playing McNabb the rest of the year, giving Kolb more time just so it makes it look like they want McNabb and can possibly get more value for him if they do trade him.

Personally I think they need rid of McNabb and Reid and to just start over, god knows that team has talent.

They could get some good pieces to help rebuild quickly if they trade Mcnabb and Lito Sheppard. Reid has already stock piled a ton of good young linemen on both sides of the ball. I still think they failed in not bringing in a receiver for McNabb.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Honestly, I don't believe in Kevin Kolb.

He can't throw deep very well, and doesn't put good zip on the ball. He reminds me of a poor man's Jeff Garcia at this point, with potential to become Jeff Garcia in the future.

I don't see it at the moment but its waaaaaaaaay too early to tell.

renegade
11-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I haven't really liked what I've seen from Kolb but at times I am really impressed. He can move in the pocket and create time with his feet and he slings the football around. I don't think he should be the Eagles franchise QB over McNabb just yet however.

BTW, if you're watching Eagles games this season your watching a team collapse right before your eyes and yesterday was the breaking point I think. When Kolb goes in for the greatest QB in Eagles history, you know there is a problem.

Bucs_Rule
11-24-2008, 08:31 AM
They had just as well play Kolb to see what they have in him. The seasons over.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 09:24 AM

He can't throw deep very well, and doesn't put good zip on the ball. He reminds me of a poor man's Jeff Garcia at this point, with potential to become Jeff Garcia in the future.

I don't believe in Kolb either, but I have a well-documented hatred for declaring players as busts before they've had a chance to prove themselves.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 09:25 AM
They could get some good pieces to help rebuild quickly if they trade Mcnabb and Lito Sheppard. Reid has already stock piled a ton of good young linemen on both sides of the ball. I still think they failed in not bringing in a receiver for McNabb.

Of course they failed in not bringing in a receiver, but that's due in big part to arrogance from Reid and Jeffrey Lurie. They always think they know better, and they think they can just plug in anyone. Look at the Eagles since Terrell Owens left...

Lito and McNabb MIGHT collectively get a 2nd rounder. Lito has been awful this year.

diabsoule
11-24-2008, 03:03 PM

I thought the decision to draft Kolb was horrific. He's a system quarterback coming from a gimmick offense that ran the spread.

diabsoule
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM

As a Saints fan I would trade for Sheppard. The most I'd offer is a conditional 3rd rounder in 2010, though.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
I thought the decision to draft Kolb was horrific. He's a system quarterback coming from a gimmick offense that ran the spread.

Im not gonna give up on him yet though. But he's not ready to start. I want to see him get stronger.

Andy Reid is a doucherocket as well for calling a pass play when they were inches away from getting a TD and bringing the game within 8.

help the kid out Reid!

Sniper
11-24-2008, 03:11 PM

The Eagles pretty run the same ******** spread offense.

renegade
11-24-2008, 05:58 PM
The window is closed for the Eagles. It is sad to say that but it is the truth. Westbrook is injured, Thomas and Runyan are gone in the next 1-2 years, Dawkins isn't 1/2 of his former self and McNabb is nearing the end of his time with the Eagles. Andy Reid is likely gone and if he goes Jim Johnson goes. the Eagles have alot of young guys but those 4 players are the core of the Eagles team. The rebuilding process will begin this offseason I feel.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM
The window is closed for the Eagles. It is sad to say that but it is the truth. Westbrook is injured, Thomas and Runyan are gone in the next 1-2 years, Dawkins isn't 1/2 of his former self and McNabb is nearing the end of his time with the Eagles. Andy Reid is likely gone and if he goes Jim Johnson goes. the Eagles have alot of young guys but those 4 players are the core of the Eagles team. The rebuilding process will begin this offseason I feel.

Thing is, how much rebuilding is there to do? Let's break it down.

Offensive contributors who are locks to stay: Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson, Kevin Curtis, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant Brent Celek, Todd Herremans, Max Jean-Gilles, Shawn Andrews.

Defensive contributors who are locks to stay: Victor Abiamiri, Juqua Parker, Trent Cole, Brod Bunkley, Mike Patterson, Stewart Bradley, Chris Gocong, Asante Samuel, Sheldon Brown, Joselio Hanson, Quintin Mikell, Quintin Demps.

What do you add? Obviously young OTs are a big need, another TE, an elite WR, a young RB, and a corner/safety. Omar Gaither isn't on my "locks" list because apparently the reason he didn't start yesterday was because he didn't want to sign an extension.

This isn't a bad team, but glaring needs have been ignored for too long.

renegade
11-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Akeem Jordan played really well yesterday, so Gaither if he were to be let go could fetch the Eagles a good player. I think he would do great on the Saints.

yourfavestoner
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM
He's gonna go to Tampa.