PDA

View Full Version : Louis Murphy

chcwarriorpoet
11-20-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/4894

Here is a scouting report on him from the Buccaneers perspective. I think he could be a better pro than college player due to the Gators offense and feeding him the ball much.

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
At one point before the season started he was the consensus #1 senior WR despite being a relative unknown at a major program. He has since seen his buzz cool drastically. They may have a different coach but teams will always be skeptical of the Florida WRs.

djp
11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Overrated. Will be a pro bust IMO.

Menardo75
11-20-2008, 03:41 PM
It is really hard for me to really like any Florida WR prospect anymore so I just don't know.

Matthew Jones
11-20-2008, 03:56 PM
It is really hard for me to really like any Florida WR prospect anymore so I just don't know.

Basically . On top of that, this guy didn't produce like Chad Jackson or anything.

ElectricEye
11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
He's got the size and the speed though. I kinda like him still. Not on the first day, but I certainly wouldn't be shy about taking him in the 5th round and seeing how his skills play at the NFL level. The Florida passing attack has been pretty nonexistent at time this year, and nobody but Harvin is really putting up numbers. That has to be taken into consideration at least a little bit.

sbh15
11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
He played like a champ in the absence of Percy Harvin. I think it's a matter of targets in the Florida offense. The way he plays seems more suited to an NFL style offense. He isn't flashy, but he plays football the right way and has good hands and good measurables. The problem this year has been lack of targets in my opinion. He played two games which Harvin missed and had 6 catches for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns, with another in the Miami game called back by penalty. So if he gets the targets, I can see him being pretty productive, but he is no Calvin Johnson.

Just my 0.02

SenorGato
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
He played like a champ in the absence of Percy Harvin. I think it's a matter of targets in the Florida offense. The way he plays seems more suited to an NFL style offense. He isn't flashy, but he plays football the right way and has good hands and good measurables. The problem this year has been lack of targets in my opinion. He played two games which Harvin missed and had 6 catches for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns, with another in the Miami game called back by penalty. So if he gets the targets, I can see him being pretty productive, but he is no Calvin Johnson.

Just my 0.02

Yea, he seems more physical than the typical Florida WR....with his size I think he gets drafted. Hell, I think he has a better pro career than college career.

chcwarriorpoet
11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
SenorGato- I agree. I think he has a good chance to be a better pro than college player. Watching him he looks to be more of a natural NFL style receiver, rather than a spread offense player like Percy Harvin. The bust at Florida receiver has been earned, but at the same time Ike Hilliard and Darrell Jackson had a number of years in the leauge, and were good producers at points. I'm always hesitant to say that one player won't be good in the pros because other players from his college and his position were no good. The view is not without merit, I just hesitate to buy it.

Babylon
11-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Would put him in a class with Mohammed Massaquoi, and Brandon LaFell as really good value fairly early on day 2.

Bengals78
11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I think he could be a better pro WR than Harvin. Although Harvin will go a lot higher based on hype and such.

ThePudge
11-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I think he could be a better pro than college player due to the Gators offense

That's a hard statement to make considering the track record of Florida receivers and Urban Meyer receivers. Murphy is an unproven senior wild card among senior wild cards this year (see Brandon Tate and Derrick Williams). I wouldn't touch Murphy, despite his size and speed combination, until the Mid 3rd-Early 4th. That being said, he'll probably be drafted in the Mid 2nd-Mid 3rd Round range.

ShowtimeSpicer
11-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Louis Murphy has been overshadowed on this Florida team behind an abundance of playmakers. He's quietly posted 28 receptions and 4 touchdowns - some solid numbers for him, especially in a system that's based more on running the football and yards after the catch.

He's a reliable deep thread, and also quietly has 4.4 speed, a stat many don't know considering he doesn't get the ball in space as much as the big names do on this UF team. (Harvin, Demps, etc.)

He's a strong receiver, but I wouldn't draft him in the 1st round... maybe not even the 2nd round, for that matter, considering the history behind receivers from Florida.

illmatic74
11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Louis Murphy has been overshadowed on this Florida team behind an abundance of playmakers. He's quietly posted 28 receptions and 4 touchdowns - some solid numbers for him, especially in a system that's based more on running the football and yards after the catch.

He's a reliable deep thread, and also quietly has 4.4 speed, a stat many don't know considering he doesn't get the ball in space as much as the big names do on this UF team. (Harvin, Demps, etc.)

He's a strong receiver, but I wouldn't draft him in the 1st round... maybe not even the 2nd round, for that matter, considering the history behind receivers from Florida.I have troubling liking him since I was on the Chad Jackson bandwagon but he still has a chance.

Cigaro
11-22-2008, 08:04 PM
He shouldn't even be a first day pick. He's fairly fast and his hands are decent, but isn't anything special. How anyone ever saw a legitimate premier pro prospect in him blow my mind.

sbh15
11-22-2008, 08:48 PM
He shouldn't even be a first day pick. He's fairly fast and his hands are decent, but isn't anything special. How anyone ever saw a legitimate premier pro prospect in him blow my mind.

I think the projections around him were more that every other WR in the class kind of sucks, so someone pretty good was found and got overhyped. He's now settling right about where he should be. A late first day - early second day pick

murdamal86
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Had a very solid game Saturday against Bama and the week before that against FSU. he won't be anything outstanding in the NFL, but i think he'll stick.

Staubach12
12-10-2008, 04:11 PM
To be completely honest, I think he's a bit soft.