PDA

View Full Version : Chad Deactivated for Tonight

BengalMedic
11-20-2008, 09:22 AM
God D*mn it !!! What the hell is wrong with this picture ??

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7307

Chad to sit
By GEOFF HOBSON
November 20, 2008
ShareThis

Updated: 10:10 a.m.
PITTSBURGH - Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco has been deactivated for Thursday night's game against the Steelers for violation of a team rule, ending his 113-game streak and season-long calm since his offseason campaign to get traded.

The Bengals made the announcement in a terse statement delivered here from the team's downtown hotel and said there would be no other announcement until after the game.

With wide receiver Antonio Chatman on injured reserve, the Bengals are looking at starting Chris Henry or Glenn Holt in place of Ocho Cinco, and it looks like rookie Andre Caldwell could get some time after practing Tuesday for the first time since he got injured against the Steelers Oct. 19.

captainjack27
11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
God D*mn it !!! What the hell is wrong with this picture ??

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7307

Not to mention Jones and Whitworth are out too for the Bengals O-Line. This game is going to get VERY ugly.

themaninblack
11-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Add that to the list. If this game is even remotely close tonight Pittsburgh should be ashamed.

Geo
11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I can only wonder what the fool could have done now.

And of course Deion Sanders is going to harp on this all night, because Johnson is one of his "boys." Give me a break.

We might see some Bubba Caldwell though.

themaninblack
11-20-2008, 12:21 PM
IDK about Caldwell and Simpson last I read they were both still injured. Would really like to see them out there tonight. Antonio Chatman is also out tonight.

BengalMedic
11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
There are two reports from what I have seen so far. One has made mention that he was late for a meeting, but Rudi did the same thing last year and was kept from the starting position NOT out the whole game. Another has a report of him getting into an argument with someone in the Bengals organization.

I'm more inclined to believe him getting into an argument and that there is more to this. This should prove interesting to see how this transpires. By interesting I mean, painfully stupid !!!

themaninblack
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Rudi didn't miss a meeting, he was just late for them on more than one occasion. That said, I could believe either report.

rickscott
11-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Chad was late for ameeting and was obviously very sleepy and slouching in his chair when he arrived. Bratkowski told him to sit up and pay attention twice and Chad got up and walked out. Marvin followed him and yelled at him and told him he was suspeded for the game. Chad said he had no problem with the actio taken by Marvin. Marvin also mentioned that "obviuosly, some changes have to be made around here for me to return"......that may be the best news we've had in some time.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Anyone know his status for the Baltimore game?

themaninblack
11-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Far as I know he is starting.