PDA

View Full Version : JJ out for the year.

themaninblack
11-22-2008, 01:47 PM
According to Bengals.com, Jonathan Joseph has been placed on the Injured Reserve list with a foot injury that occurred during the Eagles game. Simeon Castille added to the practice squad.

Damn.

PalmerToCJ
11-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Obviously it's not a huge deal for this year but it is concerning to see how injury prone he has been...

BengalMedic
11-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Yep, so much for the thought of him having a pro bowl type year. I really thought he would have done much better in this defense, but I can't say as I really saw it. The injuries are becoming a big concern with him and make taking a CB a fairly decent priority. NO, I'm not saying take one in the 1st, just that it needs to be addressed.

Bengals78
11-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Hopefully shutting him down for the year will give him extra time to recover and be ready and healthy for next year. If he gets hurt in the off season again, we should definitely look CB in the mid rounds.

PalmerToCJ
11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I will say, David Jones has been surprisingly good depth. I thought he was going to get burnt constantly but he's provided a very solid fill in when JJ can't go.

Bengals78
11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Hopefully he [Jones] will be a solid Nickel guy and not a regular starter...

themaninblack
11-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I thought Joseph had been playing pretty darn good this season even though he was seemingly injured every week. The INT numbers weren't there(and they haven't been for ANYONE) but he definitely has the skills to be a top corner in this league. When he is not in the lineup our secondary is worse off. On the bright side with him being out, Leon Hall has shown that he can be a pretty good #1 Corner. Now, I agree if he comes back next year and gets hurt again we will need to draft one but JJ has been pretty darn good ever since he's been here.

PalmerToCJ
11-25-2008, 09:55 PM
I completely agree. I'm happy with JJ's production here, I just hope the problem with his health doesn't stick around.

I swear, I'm optimistic about next season... Call me stupid.

hobbes2053
11-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I swear, I'm optimistic about next season... Call me stupid.

Man, I could not agree more with you.

BengalMedic
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Color me optimistic as well. All things hinge on Carsons elbow and a revamped o-line...

**cough** FIRE GUYCHICK **cough**