PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden

princefielder28
11-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I get the honor, for the first time, to watch Cal-Poly WR Ramses Barden as he goes up against the Wisconsin Badgers. I have to admit so far I have been rather impressed. He is a imposing figure at 6'6" and shows solid hands. Now I haven't seen him a ton but my initial evaluation is one of great praise and ability. I want to know if anyone out west has gotten more opportunities to watch him play and what their thoughts of him are.

Plus I would like to add that he reminds me of Marques Colston (I know people are always asking for the next Marques Colston on this forum).

http://www.gopoly.com/images/uploads/2008071811023178766_big.jpg

Here are some notable accolades as well

All-Great West First Team

Great West Co-Offensive Player of the Year

Walter Camp Football Foundation All-American

American Football Coaches Association All-American

All-Associated Press First Team

The Sports Network All-America First Team

CollegeSportsReport.com FCS First Team

Great West Player of the Week (Sept. 2)

College Sporting News National Player of the Week (Oct. 29)

Career Receiving Totals (3 Years)

139 Catches, 2,947 Yards

32 Touchdowns

Cigaro
11-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I've only seen him a little on YouTube, so I can't evaluate him, but from what I've heard he could develop into a steal, although I wouldn't go as far as Colston.

Smokey Joe
11-23-2008, 09:15 AM
I was watching the replay of the game last night, and I cam away extremely impressed. I believe he's every big 6'6", and the thing I liked most about him was his blocking. He really gets into with opposing defenders, and it's almost impossible for them to get around him.

Also, his route running is very good, and he has decent hands. He dropped a fade down the sideline. He is also an immediate red zone threat for any team that drafts him. He is almost impossible to cover 1-1 because of his height advantage, and that he has long ass arms. He also isn't a twig like a lot of the other 6'5" or 6'6" receivers out there.

Any team who drafts him will wind up with a steal, unless a team drafts before round 3. Then it really isn't a steal.