PDA

View Full Version : Miami streak ends?

The Legend
11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Is there anyone from Miami that will go in the first round.
Dont they have the longest streak?

Zyro_1014
11-23-2008, 06:20 PM
yea, im pretty sure they do have the record, and its something ridiculous.

I just dont see anyone on that team sneakin in this year....

The Legend
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Bruce Johnson unless he has a 4.29 40 time and a benches 225lbs 20 times and has a 40" inch vertical i dont thinks lol.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Bruce Johnson unless he has a 4.29 40 time and a benches 225lbs 20 times and has a 40" inch vertical i dont thinks lol.

Bruce Johnson has dropped if anything this year. He can run a 4.18 forty and still only be a second round pick. This streak is over unless Graig Cooper declares and someone suddenly falls in love with him.

SuperKevin
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Bruce Johnson has dropped if anything this year. He can run a 4.18 forty and still only be a second round pick. This streak is over unless Graig Cooper declares and someone suddenly falls in love with him.

I was just about to say the same thing. Cooper is the only draft eligible player on that team that has any shot at crashing the end of the 1st round

djp
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
It's over. I don't think they'll have a player drafted in the first 2 rounds, let alone the first.

Cooper needs to finish the season with 150+ yards in every game and then declare to have a shot.

bored of education
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank god it's over. Da U sucks. I am joking obviously!

Race for the Heisman
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
As previously said, it would have to be Graig Cooper. He has legitimate breakaway speed and an intangible 'can't be tackled' thing that could catapult him over Moreno and McCoy. Hell, it's just like the senior quarterback class, albeit with tad more hope. All of the top guys (Wells, McCoy, Moreno, Greene) are juniors. FWIW, I don't buy C.J. Spiller, although apparently some people believe he's worth a day one pick.

CashmoneyDrew
11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
They don't have a shot in hell of having a player go in the first. I'd put good money on that, and it's usually not a good idea to put money on something as wildly unpredictable as the draft.

SuperKevin
11-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Another player who could have a shot, albeit a very small one, is LT Jason Fox. He's a junior who with solid workouts and other players not declaring could move into that 5th OT spot and slide into the end of round 1. I highly doubt he declares though

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Cooper's the only real shot. Unless Bryce goes straight to the pros. Does that count? Oh well, the streak will resume next year with Fox, and possibly Bailey.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Cooper's the only real shot. Unless Bryce goes straight to the pros. Does that count? Oh well, the streak will resume next year with Fox, and possibly Bailey.

Well the streak can't continue if it has already been broken. Anyone know who will now hold the record? I'd gotta believe it's Texas, Oklahoma, or USC.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Well the streak can't continue if it has already been broken. Anyone know who will now hold the record? I'd gotta believe it's Texas, Oklahoma, or USC.

I guess continue is the wrong word, I meant more like resume. And it will keep going for a very long time with the team Shannon is assembling right now.

katnip
11-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Graig Cooper

I'm hoping for it... Could be.. The next Chris Johnson

Pokeys
11-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Why does Cooper have to finish with 150+ yards every game? to have a shot? what huh.

Babylon
11-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Another player who could have a shot, albeit a very small one, is LT Jason Fox. He's a junior who with solid workouts and other players not declaring could move into that 5th OT spot and slide into the end of round 1. I highly doubt he declares though

All these OTs coming out would make it one of the great classes at that position i can remember but most likely Fox and Britton and maybe Black should be the top guys next year. Too much money at the top to settle on late 1st or 2nd round paydays.

Larry121283
12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
The 'Canes have NO ONE this year.

I've talked to several scouts this season and the consensus was that the 'Canes might get completely shut out this season for the draft. One scout said he didn't have a single Hurricane rated in the Top 15 of his position. The top prospect, Eric Moncur, is going to apply for a medical redshirt. Randy Phillips will too, apply for a medical redshirt as will Anthony Reddick, although his chances are very slim in comparison to the other two players. While, I don't personally think the 'Canes will be shut out, as they'll have a player or two selected, it'll be late on day 2, methinks.

Even the junior class for the 'Canes is slacking in top notch talent. None of the top guys are first round caliber guys right now. Jason Fox, Colin McCarthy, Dedrick Epps, and Javarris James and Graig Cooper are at best RIGHT NOW, third round guys. Next season will be big for all of them, obviously, but their stock isn't too high.

BBIB
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=M&collegeName=Miami+(Fla.)&abbrFlag=0&type=school

This will be the first time since 1994 that they don't have a player get drafted in the 1st round.

14 years in a row with at least one 1st round draft pick.

What an absurd streak LOL

etk
12-13-2008, 04:22 PM
It's over. Cooper would have to rush for 200+ against Cal, declare, and blow up the combine at all the events. Even after all that is said and done, he would still probably end up late 2nd because the other guys are more productive and accomplished.

I think Fox can be a first rounder next year. Maybe Allen Bailey if he improves his instincts and technique as a defensive lineman.

I think we'll have 2 players drafted this year. Bruce Johnson in the 5th or later and Anthony Reddick in the same range. Moncur might be a late-round flyer if he can't come back.

Farquharson, Shannon, Youngblood, Hendricks, Cook, etc. would be lucky to get signed in May.

Turtlepower
12-13-2008, 04:26 PM

Texas didn't have a 1st rounder last year and USC didn't have 1 2 years ago... I'm doing some research, so I will see shortly.

Turtlepower
12-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I think it would be Ohio State with 3 years dating back to 2006...

keylime_5
12-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Miami won't get a guy first day this year, most of their top prospects are underclassmen really.

I think LSU will have the longest streak now. They had one taken in the first every year since 2004. Michael Clayton in 04, Marcus Spears in 05, Addai in 06, Russell and those WRs in 07, Dorsey last year. OSU didn't have a first rounder in 2005 I don't think, we didn't have many seniors in 2004.