PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Pittsburgh.

terribletowel39
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Steelersgirl5 is moving to Pittsburgh. She wanted me to ask you guys for advice and hot spots. Bars, good food, art places. She got accepted into AiP. Yea, Thanks.

CDub
11-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Bars:

South Side is banging these days - S Bar is where a bunch of steelers hang out recently - E. Carson St. is basically just 17 blocks jam packed with bars & there's def more than one to fit anyone's wants or needs.

Station Square & the Strip District are where u'll find most of the club scene though McFadden's & Calico Jack's are two pretty popular clubs located on the north shore right between the stadiums.

Oakland's got some cool college bars.

Shadyside's a little more eclectic.

Food:

Once again the South Side is hot right now - wide variety from Sushi at Nakama to Cambodian at Cambod-I-Can to Cheesecake Factory to Tom's Diner to tapas (I forget the name right now). Gotta try Fat Heads sandwiches. Mallorca is high end.

Downtown's got some high end grub. Capitol Grill is top shelf. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The Fish Market.

Oakland's got some cool spots like Joe Mamma's, Fuel & Fuddle, Mad Mex is a college fav.

Mt. Washington's also got some great views to go with high end grub like the Le Mont & Coal Hill Steakhouse.

Of course everyone who come's to the 'burgh - by law - has to go to Primanti Bro's in the Strip. Huge sandwiches w everything piled between the bread. You want sides - they're in the mix. I recomend learning to unhinge your jaw. Also in the Strip is Roland's Seafood Grill, Wholey's Seafood Wharehouse, Spagetti Wharehouse, and one of my favorite diners - Deluca's.

Art:

Not my specialty but check out the Center for the Arts in Shadyside. The Benedum Center & the Pittsburgh City Theatre downtown. The Mattress Factory and the Andy Warhol Museum on the North Side. The Carnegie Museum of Art. The History Center in the Strip.

Damn....writin all this I had forgotten how cool the 'burgh really is....hmmm.. and this is just what I can think of at 3:30 in the morn.

terribletowel39
11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Damn. haha Thanks CDub. Nice write up. I will pass the info along.

DeathbyStat
12-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Fatheads in the south side...the best wings ever