PDA

View Full Version : So... 1) NYG, 2) NYJ, 3) DALLAS...???

katnip
11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
1) NYG, 2) NYJ, 3) DALLAS, 4) ATL, 5) NE

^^^That's how I see it... Discuss

Oh yea... This like a 2 second thought

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
See what?

I'm lost...

On Yo Beezy
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I hate when people write like 4 words and tell other people to discuss. M'fer you discuss.

keylime_5
11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Jets aren't the best team in the AFC. Dallas certainly isn't 2nd best in the NFC. In fact I think Washington is probably better than Dallas.

katnip
Jets aren't the best team in the AFC. Dallas certainly isn't 2nd best in the NFC. In fact I think Washington is probably better than Dallas.

Umm, I thought them 'Boys just beat the Redskins...?

PACKmanN

did the Titians quit football?

katnip
11-24-2008, 05:48 PM
^^^ Pretty much

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2008, 05:48 PM
did the Titians quit football?

I don't think so but the Jets did just whoop them up and down the field yesterday.

PACKmanN
11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
I don't think so but the Jets did just whoop them up and down the field yesterday.

understandable when they lost their men in the middle of that defense. Everything runs threw him on that defense.

katnip
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
ATLanta just romped Carolina who had the 2nd best record in the NFC.. I think them 'Boys will hold on and be strong for the rest of the REGULAR season.

Turtlepower
11-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Jets losing to Oakland is an epic fail.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2008, 05:58 PM

go do your hw before your mom gets mad.

katnip
11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't do homework... Cause I'm bada**. And momma said knock you out.

regoob2
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I hate when people write like 4 words and tell other people to discuss. M'fer you discuss.lol, this is my favorite post of all time.

Turtlepower
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM

Sig quoted for the truth.

keylime_5
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Umm, I thought them 'Boys just beat the Redskins...?

barely. Washington smashed them earlier in the year in Dallas too. so what.

RaiderNation
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
1 NYG
2 Titans
3 NYJ
4 Arizona
5 Steelers
6 Colts
7 Cowboys
8 Redskins
9 Patriots
10 Carolina

scottyboy
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
NE top 5?

Rutgers>>Patriots.

actually, scratch that
Rutgers with me at QB>NE

fenikz
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
1. NYG
2. Ten
3. Pit
4. TB
5. NYJ
6. AZ
7. Was
8. Car
9. NE
10. ATL
11. IND
12. Dal
13. Bal
14. Mia
15. Buf

nobodyinparticular
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I hate when people write like 4 words and tell other people to discuss. M'fer you discuss.

Word to your mother.

Those threads aren't even worth my time.

GB12
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
1. Giants
2. Steelers
3. Titans
4. Jets
5. Falcons
6. Cardinals
7. Redskins
8. Cowboys
9. Panthers
10. Buccaneers

abaddon41_80
11-24-2008, 06:31 PM
1. Giants
2. Titans
3. Steelers
4. Bucs
5. Jets
6. Colts
7. Patriots
8. Cardinals
9. Cowboys
10. Falcons

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-24-2008, 06:36 PM
understandable when they lost their men in the middle of that defense. Everything runs threw him on that defense.

Ah, so he was out? I was working all day, didn't see the game. That makes sense. They were absolutely dominant last year before Big Al got hurt. Then they sucked. Haynesworth is possibly the most important non-QB in the league.

smittyjs
11-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Ah, so he was out? I was working all day, didn't see the game. That makes sense. They were absolutely dominant last year before Big Al got hurt. Then they sucked. Haynesworth is possibly the most important non-QB in the league.
I think he missed the entire 2nd half, but i'm not for sure.....

LonghornsLegend
11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I try to avoid all threads that have Dallas or any Dallas player in the title, but this thread was a poor way to get discussion going.

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2008, 06:57 PM
My Top 5 would be:

1. New York Giants (absolutely dominant)

2. Tennessee Titans (Still incredible when healthy, they can get it back)

3. New York Jets (Showed what they can do when running on all cylinders)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (Call me a homer if you want, but with this D, they can definitely get to the 2nd round of the playoffs)

5. Arizona Cardinals (Despite the loss to the Giants, I take them over a Dallas team they beat. They could be a team that makes a run or fails)

abaddon41_80
11-24-2008, 07:04 PM
I think he missed the entire 2nd half, but i'm not for sure.....

I think he played a little in the second half but he was playing hurt if he did.

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 07:20 PM
But the Bucs lead the division and beat Atlanta and Carolina, with no loss over 4 points to the Saints, broncos, and Cowboys ALL away. It doesn't make any sense to put the Falcons ahead of them.

Also:

1. Giants
2. Jets
3. Titans
4. Bucs
5. Steelers

The Bucs in the playoffs will get dismantled. I think early in the year they over performed their talent. They're probably the least scariest team in the NFC playoff hunt.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-24-2008, 07:22 PM
The Bucs in the playoffs will get dismantled. I think early in the year they over performed their talent. They're probably the least scariest team in the NFC playoff hunt.

I disagree. The D, when on, is top 5, and if the offense is merely average, they'll get the treat of losing to the Giants in the NFC Champ game.

GB12
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
I disagree. The D, when on, is top 5, and if the offense is merely average, they'll get the treat of losing to the Giants in the NFC Champ game.
No way does Tampa get to the conference championship.

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Yeah, there's no way they make the NFCC.

Lets run down who they can play.

Arizona - They probably get passed all over.

Dallas - Brad Johnson beat them.

Green Bay - As good as any team in the NFC. If the defense can just slow down the run, they'll be contending for the NFCC.

Atlanta - A very different team than from where they were in the beginning of the year. I can see a tough matchup here.

Washington - Better pretty much everywhere on the field.

I'd be very surprised if Tampa Bay made it out of the first round.

Chucky
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
No way does Tampa get to the conference championship.

Right now we have the bye, I don't see why we couldnt beat a team like Atlanta or Dallas or Washington or anyone in the NFC North at home in the playoffs

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Right now we have the bye, I don't see why we couldnt beat a team like Atlanta or Dallas or Washington or anyone in the NFC North at home in the playoffs

Because a Brad Johnson led Dallas team decimated with injuries beat you all. Washington is just as good, and Atlanta might surprise people with that solid run game. I just don't think your offense is worth two cents.

Jeff Garcia = Textbook bus driver.

Jvig43
11-24-2008, 07:40 PM
wow, i just got home to see this new thread........ Fail. Epic Fail. If turtle Power hadnt already sig quoted that phrase by katnip i would have tattooed that to my chest.

Chucky
11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Because a Brad Johnson led Dallas team decimated with injuries beat you all. Washington is just as good, and Atlanta might surprise people with that solid run game. I just don't think your offense is worth two cents.

Jeff Garcia = Textbook bus driver.

I mean our offence has improved a ridiculous amount since the beginning of the year especially the Brian Griese games. Also Jeff Garcia has shown that he can win in the playoffs(just not against future world champions). Also the Bucs are yet to lose at home, so assuming we have home field we should come out on top.

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
I mean our offence has improved a ridiculous amount since the beginning of the year especially the Brian Griese games. Also Jeff Garcia has shown that he can win in the playoffs(just not against future world champions). Also the Bucs are yet to lose at home, so assuming we have home field we should come out on top.

Didn't he take the Eagles into the playoffs and lost?

I'm not buying the whole improved offense story. The running game is suspect at best, you really have no threats at WR and Jeff Garcia doesn't really instill fear in defenses.

I think the whole NFC South is a little overrated. None of the teams down there are really scary. Carolina is way too inconsistent (or should i say Jake Delhomme?) Tampa Bay is the least talented out of all of them, and Atlanta is still a very young, inexperienced team.

Smooth Criminal
11-24-2008, 07:59 PM
1. New York Giants
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Arizona Cardinals
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
5. New York Jets
6. New England Patriots
7. Washington Redskins
8. Indianapolis Colts
9. Baltimore Ravens
10. Dallas Cowboys

Chucky
11-24-2008, 08:03 PM

I'm not buying the whole improved offense story. The running game is suspect at best, you really have no threats at WR and Jeff Garcia doesn't really instill fear in defenses.

I think the whole NFC South is a little overrated. None of the teams down there are really scary. Carolina is way too inconsistent (or should i say Jake Delhomme?) Tampa Bay is the least talented out of all of them, and Atlanta is still a very young, inexperienced team.

Why are you not buying the whole improved offence. Did you see us with Griese or Garcia before he was healthy. Also Gruden has improved the playcalling quite a bit. Antonio Bryant has really improved and is playing great for us, and Garcia really spreads the ball to everyone. Not saying the offence is great it is just competent enough to drive down the field at the end of the game(something Garcia is great at). Our defence is still one of the tops in the league, it just needs to work out its mental lapses, and once we get Flip we will be much better.

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Why are you not buying the whole improved offence. Did you see us with Griese or Garcia before he was healthy. Also Gruden has improved the playcalling quite a bit. Antonio Bryant has really improved and is playing great for us, and Garcia really spreads the ball to everyone. Not saying the offence is great it is just competent enough to drive down the field at the end of the game(something Garcia is great at). Our defence is still one of the tops in the league, it just needs to work out its mental lapses, and once we get Flip we will be much better.

The lack of anything resembling a running game is what makes me feel the Bucs are nothing to be scared of.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM

He won one game.

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
He won one game.

Oh, didn't remember much. Anyway, he's an average quarterback at best.

11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, didn't remember much. Anyway, he's an average quarterback at best.

His numbers would beg to differ ..

Nah, you're right it's all Chucky there. :D

Shane P. Hallam
11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
The lack of anything resembling a running game is what makes me feel the Bucs are nothing to be scared of.

Especially with Graham out, I think they take a pretty big hit against decent offenses. I like the Falcons over the Bucs myself right now.

Dam8610
11-24-2008, 09:40 PM

He was in for all but 2 plays of the game, and on those 2 plays, the Jets let the clock run down to halftime, that is, of course, if you're talking about Haynesworth.

gpngc
11-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I think the entire NFC is wide open.

-The Giants have the best chance, but they can always put up a stinker like the Monday Nighter in Cleveland. I have to admit, watching them every week, they are a complete and dominant football team. Physical, efficient, effective, unselfish, accountable (minus Plax). But the Patriots were the most impressive dynamic football team in history last season, and they tailed off during the playoffs. Anything can and WILL happen, which is why I DON'T ultimately think they will repeat. I want them to, but the NFL is crazy as we all know.

-I think Dallas has the most overall talent, especially offensively, but sometimes I think they are being coached by a monkey. The inmates run the asylum down there and I just don't think that defense can come up with enough stops/plays to get to the Super Bowl.

-I have no problem with someone thinking Tampa can get to the Super Bowl this year. I mean think about your argument in terms of this: Last year at this time if someone said "The Giants can make the Super Bowl", you'd say no way. Any team can get hot at any time. Some do look better at this point than others, but there is NO such thing as a sure bet. Some of us learn this the hard way...

AlexDown
11-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't understand how anyone could possibly have Arizona in their top 5, it's really atrocious.

Look at the teams they have beaten to compile their 7 wins. 49ers 2x, both the Rams and Seahawks, and depleted Dallas. They did however romp the Bills and Miami.

In my eyes, they haven't beaten a SINGLE top 10-15(arguably) team!

fenikz
11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't understand how anyone could possibly have Arizona in their top 5, it's really atrocious.

Look at the teams they have beaten to compile their 7 wins. 49ers 2x, both the Rams and Seahawks, and depleted Dallas. They did however romp the Bills and Miami.

In my eyes, they haven't beaten a SINGLE top 15 team!

We depleted dallas our selves

Jughead10
11-24-2008, 11:25 PM

In my eyes, they haven't beaten a SINGLE top 10-15(arguably) team!

They are still tough, especially at home. In my opinion, they are looking at a divisional playoff game whether they get a bye or play a WC team at home.

Watchman
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM

Maybe, and it will all work itself out in the end. As a Buc fan I'm not completely sold on the Bucs being one of the top teams in the league. One reason I'm optimistic about the Bucs chances is that no team this year has soundly beaten them. Each of their loses have been on the road to pretty solid teams and they've all been close games.

I agree that the running game needs to improve, and Garcia is no Manning, but he has lead some impressive comebacks this season. To completely disregard them doesn't make much sense.

Menardo75
11-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Top three I would go with

1. NYG
2. TEN
3. PITT

aNYtitan
11-25-2008, 12:16 AM
go do your hw before your mom gets mad.

Kick ass quote!

DMWSackMachine
11-25-2008, 01:22 AM
You know, I really don't want to be the one to make the argument, since I'm officially on Wade Phillips Needs To Be Fired watch, but if you go strictly off of the body of work, there is absolutely a case to be made that Dallas is the 2nd best NFC team.

With Romo they are 6-2, having lost @Az by 6 in OT, and at home against Washington by 2 (LOL at the guy who said that the Skins "smashed" them) after having the potential winning onsides kick go right through our players hands in the last minute; a loss that would be avenged in Romo's first game back (if a 2 point win qualifies as smashed, than what is a 4 point win?...2x smashed....bismashed?...someone help me).

I mean, there are a lot of shaky "good" teams at the top of the NFC. Atlanta has shown a lot, but has also gotten blown out, too...and just lost at home to a Denver team that was blown out by Oakland one week later. Carolina has shown an impressive running game, but Delhomme has been genuinely horrific each of the last two weeks, if not the last month. Tampa was beaten by a Cowboy team that was just plain pathetic, and their offense isn't even good enough to be considered "average". Its just awful.

Finally you have Arizona. A good team, I think, and one that might have a legit shot in the playoffs. I would probably rank them above the 'Boys, for the simple reason that Wade Phillips is Dallas' coach, and the trickle down effect that that reality carries with it. But Az doesn't have a consistent running game, and their defense runs very, very hot and cold. That passing attack is something to be feared, though. Really, similar in a lot of ways to Dallas.

Oh, and don't get me started on Washington. Pft.

BlindSite
11-25-2008, 02:23 AM
Giants
Titans
Carolina
Tampa Bay
New England
Atlanta
New York Jets
Washington

Me Likey Rookies
11-25-2008, 03:08 AM
The Bucs next 3 games (NO, @ CAR, @ATL) will tell you all you need to know about them. 2-1 in those 3 gets them the number 2 seed.

Rayray52
11-25-2008, 03:40 AM
NYG

TENN

NYJ

the rest

I would be shocked if anyone but those three win the superbowl

bearsfan_51
11-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Should we ban now or ban later?

bearsfan_51
11-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Dallas isn't even in my top 4 in the NFC btw. My top 10:

1) New York Giants
2) Tennessee Titans
3) New York Jets
4) Tampa Bay Bucs
5) Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Indianapolis Colts
7) Carolina Panthers
8) New England Patriots
9) Arizona Cardinals
10) Baltimore Ravens

Yep...no Dallas to be found.

21ST
11-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Times like this is when i wish my team was in a cake divison like any other divison in the NFC

abaddon41_80
11-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Times like this is when i wish my team was in a cake divison like any other divison in the NFC

NFC South?

21ST
11-25-2008, 07:50 AM
NFC South?

is a cake divison

abaddon41_80
11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Really? Because last I checked everyone in it is over .500.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 08:44 AM

Hahaha I feel the same way. They bring up the topic so let them facilitate a conversation and try to get opinions from people.

giantsfan
11-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Arizona is the scariest team in the NFC IMO. Pendergast does a great job with that D as they're very tough and versatile so they can confuse you and beat the **** out of you. Offensively that passing attack is nasty and I like Hightower if the line is blocking as well as they can for him. They'll be very tough in the playoffs and with some good bounces can beat anyone.

If Jason Garrett didn't have Sean Payton syndrome and Wade Phillips were an NFL head coach the cowboys would be the third most dangerous team. Unfortunately they don't run the ball and they can't stop the run.

I think that Washington is the enxt scariest team in the NFC after Arizona because they have a very good defense that can stuff the run and has had success against the pass and offensively they can move the ball on the ground and Cambell does enough to keep teams honest and avoid mistakes. They'll be a very tough playoff matchup.

Green Bay's offense is very good but defensively they've been struggling to hold up against the run, I think that between their run D and Rodgers first playoff appearance the pack will be one and done but they're a young team that will be back next season.

Carolina's way too inconsistent, Tampa can't run the ball and doesn't have a passing attack like Arizona to make up for it. Atlanta is really impressing me and I'm hoping they continue the NFC SOuth's last to first trend, that said they're still very young need to beef up their lines and add some more talent to their secondary before I bet on them making noise in the playoffs.

In the end I see us and arizona with byes, washington beating Tampa and the Packers/Cowboys game will be a toss up.

In the AFC I like the Steelers despite playing without an oline, and the titans a lot. The Jets have been showing that they can beat teams in a lot of ways, but I just don't feel them as a serious deep playoff contender. THe Colts will be in the mix. And I'm going to guess that Denver and Buffalo make it in but are one and done, if Trent can build momentum on this game and the running game stays effective they can still win out.

D-Rod
11-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Without a doubt.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Dallas isn't even in my top 4 in the NFC btw. My top 10:

1) New York Giants
2) Tennessee Titans
3) New York Jets
4) Tampa Bay Bucs
5) Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Indianapolis Colts
7) Carolina Panthers
8) New England Patriots
9) Arizona Cardinals
10) Baltimore Ravens

Yep...no Dallas to be found.

I've already made my statements on Tampa Bay. They will NOT win a playoff game this year. If you all want to rank them the second team in the NFC all season long, fine. But they're gonna get embarrassed in the playoffs.

As far as Baltimore goes.. Another team that really does nothing for me when i watch them. I don't think you can base anything off of destroying a horrible Eagles team.

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Really? Because last I checked everyone in it is over .500.
compare it to the ******* NFC East

Modano
11-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm not drinking the Bucs kool-aid. They have no offense at all. The Cowboys beat them with Brad Johnson at QB, and the Cowboys were awful with BJ under center, the guy can't even throw a slant route properly.

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 09:57 AM
ummmmm.....

wow. NYJ #2? seriously?

People still drink favre's piss like it's gold. I think everyone is ready to crown their asses. But you know what? I'm not buying it. The giants are a good team. The Titans are still better than the Jets (yes, i know scoreboard), but if you get these two teams to face of at home second round of the playoffs. Who would I pick? The Titans. No doubt. Dallas doesn't deserve to be on the list. Period.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 10:01 AM
ummmmm.....

wow. NYJ #2? seriously?

People still drink favre's piss like it's gold. I think everyone is ready to crown their asses. But you know what? I'm not buying it. The giants are a good team. The Titans are still better than the Jets (yes, i know scoreboard), but if you get these two teams to face of at home second round of the playoffs. Who would I pick? The Titans. No doubt. Dallas doesn't deserve to be on the list. Period.

I'm not completely sold on the Jets either, i need to see them perform this way for another week or two.

And why doesn't Dallas even deserve to be on the list?

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm not completely sold on the Jets either, i need to see them perform this way for another week or two.

And why doesn't Dallas even deserve to be on the list?

because. they don't. they're maybe the 10th best team in the nfl.

the dolphins are better than the cowboys.

AlexDown
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
ummmmm.....

wow. NYJ #2? seriously?

Jets at number 2 is really high, but they have just beaten two of the best teams in the AFC at their houses. Lets wait a while before we crown their asses..

Hines
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Giants
Titans
Carolina
Tampa Bay
New England
Atlanta
New York Jets
Washington

I litterally lol'd at this. The Steelers have the best defense in the league, and they are nowhere near your list? Quit being a ******* homer on the Panthers. They are just as inconsistant as the ******* Cowboys and you have the Panthers the third best team in the NFL? Give me a ******* break. I like some of the things that you say, but this is beyond extreme homerism on your part.

ShutDwn
11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Rankings are dumb. Everyone changes their minds just to roughly fit the standings.

It doesn't matter who the best is right now, well, it kind of does cause that team won last year, but being considered the best means nothing, the champion is whoever gets hot in the playoffs, not who is hot in November.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
because. they don't. they're maybe the 10th best team in the nfl.

the dolphins are better than the cowboys.

I find it laughable that people would favor Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago or any other NFC team not named the Giants over the Cowboys. They've already beaten three of those, and have the team to destroy the other three. I'm not sure if people forget that the team was ravaged with injuries earlier in the season.

It would be quite ironic though, if Dallas would sneak up on someone this year on the road. :rolleyes:

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I find it laughable that people would favor Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago or any other NFC team not named the Giants over the Cowboys. They've already beaten three of those, and have the team to destroy the other three. I'm not sure if people forget that the team was ravaged with injuries earlier in the season.

It would be quite ironic though, if Dallas would sneak up on someone this year on the road. :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOO!! No sneaking allowed... In fact new NFL rule, no sneaking on teams that thought you were dead! In fact you guys were dead in the water, so continue to play that role, no resurrecting yourselves.. Just follow the Eagles example of rolling over! lol.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 10:13 AM
NOOOOOOOO!! No sneaking allowed... In fact new NFL rule, no sneaking on teams that thought you were dead! In fact you guys were dead in the water, so continue to play that role, no resurrecting yourselves.. Just follow the Eagles example of rolling over! lol.

Hah, we were a Washington loss from being completely dead, but Marion Barber showed in the fourth quarter that he wasn't gonna roll over like everyone expects them to.

Despite the fact that we're officially on the bubble (on the good side of the bubble, though) for the playoffs, i see it as proof of how good this team can be, after losing their stud quarterback, a very good backup rb, and their best CB.

I'd love to play that "#4" Tampa Bay team in the first round. It would be a good warm up game.

Sniper
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd love to play that "#4" Tampa Bay team in the first round. It would be a good warm up game.

For the off-season? :D

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
For the off-season? :D

I'd say so.

Until the dallas defense shows that it's any good, i'm not going to crown their asses either.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Hah, we were a Washington loss from being completely dead, but Marion Barber showed in the fourth quarter that he wasn't gonna roll over like everyone expects them to.

Despite the fact that we're officially on the bubble (on the good side of the bubble, though) for the playoffs, i see it as proof of how good this team can be, after losing their stud quarterback, a very good backup rb, and their best CB.

Well we in the division know you guys are a talented team. But your coach is a fool, and your team can't handle pressure. I see your team as a collection of great players. If they can get chemistry and get on a roll then they can be dangerous. But I think the mental adv. you guys had is lost, especially in the division. I think teams now in the East want a shot at you guys as opposed to before wondering if they can beat you.

I agree on TB. I am not sold on them either. I was happy to play them last year in the first round. Warm weather and that game I was very confident as opposed to going to Seattle.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I'd say so.

Until the dallas defense shows that it's any good, i'm not going to crown their asses either.

No one is asking to be crowned, but to completely disregard them as a contender is a little much, honestly.

The past two weeks the defense has been playing extremely well. And honestly, the only two teams that have a scary enough offense in the NFC to be worrisome over our defense are Arizona and New York. We've shown that with a beat-up team we can hang with Arizona on defense, and we'll get a chance to rebound from that embarrassing game against the giants in a few weeks.

What do you think this defense needs help in?

Well we in the division know you guys are a talented team. But your coach is a fool, and your team can't handle pressure. I see your team as a collection of great players. If they can get chemistry and get on a roll then they can be dangerous. But I think the mental adv. you guys had is lost, especially in the division. I think teams now in the East want a shot at you guys as opposed to before wondering if they can beat you.

I agree on TB. I am not sold on them either. I was happy to play them last year in the first round. Warm weather and that game I was very confident as opposed to going to Seattle.

The team has gone through so much this year, that it might just mesh them together a little bit. I've stated earlier, that ANYONE going against Dallas this year has to be worried, and if the team can handle their business out on the field like they did this past week, it'll be a scary team to play.

For the off-season?

I'm gonna kill you.

SenorGato
11-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Jets losing to Oakland is an epic fail.

Beating NE and Tenn. on the road would....

F it...I'll just let everyone sleep on the Jets. Some things you just gotta see to believe I guess...

How the Jets can get that Raiders loss thrown in their face, but teams like NE and Tenn. get all kinds of excuses made for them after losing to us is just weird. But it's the nature of the football world...w/e. If the Jets lose to either of those teams...well we'd be what everyone thought we were...as if the Titans were some dominant team or something...

AlexDown
11-25-2008, 12:06 PM
The Jets have beaten to great teams on the road. But they still have issues they have to face. They still let teams creep back into games even, especially when they have a commanding lead, see NE and Arizona. Whats good is the Jets have won their last 5 games and I believe 7 out of their last 8. They are a hot team right now, which really helps argue against the criticisms against Oakland.

They still need to take take of the teams in the division, it is those games that will probably decide who ends up on top of the AFC East.

UK_Cheesehead
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I've been very impressed with the Jets, especially of late. I think the way they are playing they are primed for the championship game at the very least, where I think they meet the Steelers.

People will point to the Raiders game but when you look at their recent form, I think of it more as the Raiders game was a blip rather than the Jets getting lucky in the games against NE, Titants et al. They're also very strong on both sides of the ball, and look fine on special teams, plus on a personal note I hope they get to the superbowl for the first rounder we can get lol.

re: the Cowboys, they look like they may have finally sorted themselves out, and how ironic it would be if they made a late run and took it all. Personally I see them as the #3 team in rankings right now, the Giants are out in front, then the Cards just behind them, but if you told any Cowboys fan right now he gets to face the Bucs I think he bites their hand off. I'm really not sold on the Bucs right now, yeah they're good on defence but offense is not looking too good imo. I mean if the Bucs give up a 17 point lead in the first half of a game like they did vs. the Lions in the post-season it'd be curtains.

I don't think the Cowboys will win it overall (the Giants just look too damn good), but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they were to get to the championship game.

SenorGato
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
The Jets do need to figure out something for pass defense. Thats the thing that will hold this team back come playoff season.

Either we figure something out this year, or we go ahead and get us one of the many high talent DBs coming out this year.

Either way, the Jets are going to be players in this league for a few years.

DMWSackMachine
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
The best measure, to me, of where Dallas stands is this:

Ask your average Giants fan who they are the most scared of seeing in the playoffs. Chances are that, unless they just refuse to give the Boys credit for ego reasons, they will answer "Dallas".

To me, it seems obvious that Dallas still has the tools to be the best team in the league. But because of the polarizing effect they have on people, they are getting disrespected more right now than any other team with their profile would under the circumstances. Its the unfortunate effect of being a high profile team with an owner who makes controversial decisions. When you are doing well, everyone looks to jump your jock, but they are all secretly waiting, biding their time, just holding out for an opportunity to turn on you if/when things go south.

Dallas has the best all around weapons offensively of any NFL team. With TO and Roy on the outside, Witten patroling the middle, Romo flinging it and MBIII grinding it out on the ground, no team can match that. Their problems have come from a combination of complacency, bad coaching, and injuries.

Now, I'm just as skeptical about them "getting it together" because of Pillsbury boy patroling the sidelines, but they had it together last season for 14 games and played well enough that they would have been considered the hands down best team in the league in virtually any year but 2007. Even for having lost our focus and edge in the playoffs, multiple Giants players have been quoted--most notably Michael Strahan--as saying that Dallas was the best team they faced in the playoffs.

This isn't a team that has never experienced success. They were pretty damn good last season. They have been pretty damn good this season for a stretch or two, and--aside from a stretch where they were forced to play a rec-league quality QB--have been at least "good" in every game. Let's not forget, like I said, the only two losses they've had with Romo have come on the road against a very solid Cardinal team IN OT (in the only game which has ever been decided by a blocked FG for a TD), and by 2 to the Skins, which they later avenged.

Or look at it like this. They were forced to play for 3 games with a QB that did not allow them a serious opportunity to compete offensively. They have endured what I would be willing to bet is the most games lost to injury of any team in the NFL, and they STILL have the same record as the Arizona Cardinals....whom everyone is sucking off like a porn star.

Explain that to me.

bigbluedefense
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
The best measure, to me, of where Dallas stands is this:

Ask your average Giants fan who they are the most scared of seeing in the playoffs. Chances are that, unless they just refuse to give the Boys credit for ego reasons, they will answer "Dallas".

To me, it seems obvious that Dallas still has the tools to be the best team in the league. But because of the polarizing effect they have on people, they are getting disrespected more right now than any other team with their profile would under the circumstances. Its the unfortunate effect of being a high profile team with an owner who makes controversial decisions. When you are doing well, everyone looks to jump your jock, but they are all secretly waiting, biding their time, just holding out for an opportunity to turn on you if/when things go south.

Dallas has the best all around weapons offensively of any NFL team. With TO and Roy on the outside, Witten patroling the middle, Romo flinging it and MBIII grinding it out on the ground, no team can match that. Their problems have come from a combination of complacency, bad coaching, and injuries.

Now, I'm just as skeptical about them "getting it together" because of Pillsbury boy patroling the sidelines, but they had it together last season for 14 games and played well enough that they would have been considered the hands down best team in the league in virtually any year but 2007. Even for having lost our focus and edge in the playoffs, multiple Giants players have been quoted--most notably Michael Strahan--as saying that Dallas was the best team they faced in the playoffs.

This isn't a team that has never experienced success. They were pretty damn good last season. They have been pretty damn good this season for a stretch or two, and--aside from a stretch where they were forced to play a rec-league quality QB--have been at least "good" in every game. Let's not forget, like I said, the only two losses they've had with Romo have come on the road against a very solid Cardinal team IN OT (in the only game which has ever been decided by a blocked FG for a TD), and by 2 to the Skins, which they later avenged.

Or look at it like this. They were forced to play for 3 games with a QB that did not allow them a serious opportunity to compete offensively. They have endured what I would be willing to bet is the most games lost to injury of any team in the NFL, and they STILL have the same record as the Arizona Cardinals....whom everyone is sucking off like a porn star.

Explain that to me.

its true.

As for Arizona, I think theyre tough to beat at home. And theyre just a tough team. They have more mental toughness than Dallas, better coaching, and just a nastier attitude to them.

But I still think Dallas would pose as the more dangerous threat in January. The difference is, we know Arizona is in the playoffs. Dallas is still on the outside looking in. Im starting to think 10-6 gets you in the playoffs, which means Dallas pretty much has to play mistake free football for the rest of the season, then with all that stress go into the playoffs and make a long run to get to the SB.

Has it been done before? Yup. Can Dallas do it? Yup. Is it going to be easy, or does history dictate that it will happen, or do they have the leadership to pull it off? For now, im going to say no. Its so easy to say that bc the Giants did it last year, Dallas could do it this year, but its not that simple. Seeing that happen in back to back years is very rare, i don't think it has ever happened. And as you eluded to, I think the main thing holding them back is coaching. its gonna take one hell of a coaching job to pull this off and win the SB.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it happen. Dallas has the capability to do it, so who knows. They definitely scare me the most.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I worry about Dallas because they have the goods to win it all. But.. I think beating Dallas last year helped us with the team's confidence. We suffered 2 loses against them, and we won when it mattered, so I think this team now isn't in awe of Dallas and it's weapons. And that's a good thing. But if they get momentum then they should be feared. I would really fear them if they win that first playoff game and get the monkey off their back.

DMWSackMachine
11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
its true.

As for Arizona, I think theyre tough to beat at home. And theyre just a tough team. They have more mental toughness than Dallas, better coaching, and just a nastier attitude to them.

But I still think Dallas would pose as the more dangerous threat in January. The difference is, we know Arizona is in the playoffs. Dallas is still on the outside looking in. Im starting to think 10-6 gets you in the playoffs, which means Dallas pretty much has to play mistake free football for the rest of the season, then with all that stress go into the playoffs and make a long run to get to the SB.

Has it been done before? Yup. Can Dallas do it? Yup. Is it going to be easy, or does history dictate that it will happen, or do they have the leadership to pull it off? For now, im going to say no. Its so easy to say that bc the Giants did it last year, Dallas could do it this year, but its not that simple. Seeing that happen in back to back years is very rare, i don't think it has ever happened. And as you eluded to, I think the main thing holding them back is coaching. its gonna take one hell of a coaching job to pull this off and win the SB.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it happen. Dallas has the capability to do it, so who knows. They definitely scare me the most.

My thoughts exactly. Especially on Arizona and their winning attitude. Its so apparent that they are more equipped to handle adversity emotionally and mentally better than the Cowboys, but that's something that can certainly change in a short period of time, and I've seen some signs that Dallas may be making headway in that aspect.

As for the part about people doing what the Giants did last year "back to back"...its kinda funny. A wild card team has won the Super Bowl in each of the last 3 seasons. Before Pittsburgh in 2005, no team had ever won 3 road playoff games to get to the SB. Now its happened twice in three years.

Still, its just too tough to ever expect a team to win 3 straight on the road against high caliber competition, no matter how good that team is. It can happen, but it should never be expected.

All I'm saying is that Dallas is getting disrespected far beyond what they deserve, considering what they've done this year. For all our woes, we have the same record as Arizona, and that's with half our losses coming due to our starting QB being out of the lineup. Its going to be interesting to see how it develops, but I would not be surprised at all to see Dallas go undefeated from here on out. I would also not be surprised to see us fall apart at lose against Seattle. Everything is in play, but anyone who says that Dallas "isn't in the picture" when talking about the best two or three teams in the conference is just doing so out of bitterness because of their feelings about the team with the star on the side of its helmet. Which is ok with me, I suppose. Either we sneek up on people and prove the doubters wrong, or we were never that good anyway. Its far better than having that bullseye on your back.

bigbluedefense
11-25-2008, 02:02 PM
My thoughts exactly. Especially on Arizona and their winning attitude. Its so apparent that they are more equipped to handle adversity emotionally and mentally better than the Cowboys, but that's something that can certainly change in a short period of time, and I've seen some signs that Dallas may be making headway in that aspect.

As for the part about people doing what the Giants did last year "back to back"...its kinda funny. A wild card team has won the Super Bowl in each of the last 3 seasons. Before Pittsburgh in 2005, no team had ever won 3 road playoff games to get to the SB. Now its happened twice in three years.

Still, its just too tough to ever expect a team to win 3 straight on the road against high caliber competition, no matter how good that team is. It can happen, but it should never be expected.

All I'm saying is that Dallas is getting disrespected far beyond what they deserve, considering what they've done this year. For all our woes, we have the same record as Arizona, and that's with half our losses coming due to our starting QB being out of the lineup. Its going to be interesting to see how it develops, but I would not be surprised at all to see Dallas go undefeated from here on out. I would also not be surprised to see us fall apart at lose against Seattle. Everything is in play, but anyone who says that Dallas "isn't in the picture" when talking about the best two or three teams in the conference is just doing so out of bitterness because of their feelings about the team with the star on the side of its helmet. Which is ok with me, I suppose. Either we sneek up on people and prove the doubters wrong, or we were never that good anyway. Its far better than having that bullseye on your back.

Romo has really been the rock thats holding that team's focus together. I want to see a leader on defense emerge. I thought Zach Thomas would be that guy, but he's not taking the command I thought he would.

I would be shocked if you lose to Seattle. I think Pittsburgh is the real barometer of what we should expect from this team. The team, as well as its fanbase and media tend to overreact a lot. So a loss to Pittsburgh would really hurt this team, bc everyone will overreact and say its over and it could effect a team that listens to the media too much. Contrarily, a win would really build this team's confidence bc they really tend to eat up the attention and build confidence off of it when its good attention.

At the end of the day though, the fate of the Dallas Cowboys lies on the shoulders of this man:

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070208/070208_phillips_vmed5p.widec.jpg

DMWSackMachine
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
At the end of the day though, the fate of the Dallas Cowboys lies on the shoulders of this man:

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070208/070208_phillips_vmed5p.widec.jpg

/wrists

Jughead10
11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm scared of the slim chance Dallas can get their s#it together. But like was brought up, under this coach I don't see it happening. I said it last year when they hired him. Wade can't run a team, and the further the team is removed from Parcell's and his staff, the better for NFC East. Have to remember about half of the Dolphins' staff coached in Dallas this year. Look at the turn around in Miami.

The other thing is Dallas' O-line has not played close to how they did last year. At least in my opinion. Don't know if that is Sparano.

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 05:02 PM

Just to nit-pick, but the Colts weren't a wildcard team. They didn't have a first-round bye, but they won the AFC South.

Bruce Banner
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
The Buc love astounds me.

DMWSackMachine
11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Just to nit-pick, but the Colts weren't a wildcard team. They didn't have a first-round bye, but they won the AFC South.

Technically you're right, but anyone who doesn't earn a bye is, in my book, to be considered a wild card. It's called Wild Card weekend, and the game is referred to as a wild card game....so, yeah, that's how I see it. Your point is valid, though.

Turtlepower
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Technically you're right, but anyone who doesn't earn a bye is, in my book, to be considered a wild card. It's called Wild Card weekend, and the game is referred to as a wild card game....so, yeah, that's how I see it. Your point is valid, though.

Home-field advantage is huge for some teams though. But I understand the point you are making and it is valid. Momentum is very important in winning the Super Bowl nowadays as has been evident recently. The bye-week is almost a curse now instead of a blessing.

21ST
11-25-2008, 06:19 PM

How can you honestly find it laughable that people would favor the redskins over dallas, and if your answer was because you guys beat us.....um

giantsfan
11-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Dallas would scare me if they could stop the run and were competently coached. Wade is an embarassment and Jason Garrett has been trying to be Sean Payton with madden-esque play calling.

bigbluedefense
11-25-2008, 07:43 PM
/wrists

hey man, who knows? i wasn't the biggest Coughlin fan and he definitely proved me wrong, so you never know what will happen.

Staubach12
11-25-2008, 09:01 PM

^^^That's how I see it...

http://funnyharhar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fail.jpg

stephenson86
11-25-2008, 09:24 PM

tell your mum to close her legs and consider parenting, its amazing what nurturing a child can do

Watchman
11-26-2008, 10:58 AM
The Buc love astounds me.

Like someone else said, we'll know a lot more about the Bucs after the next 3 games.

DMWSackMachine
11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
How can you honestly find it laughable that people would favor the redskins over dallas, and if your answer was because you guys beat us.....um

Because the only games in which the Redskins have looked truly impressive this year were at Dallas and at Philly. Its been almost two months now, and they have yet to look more than half way decent since then. They lost to the Rams AT HOME (with their starting QB actually playing), they narrowly edged two bad road teams (Arizona and NO) at home in games they could have easily lost and never looked like the clearly superior team. They got beaten to a bloody pulp at home by a Steelers team that was sporting a backup QB they had brought in off the street, followed by a game in which they were clearly and utterly outplayed at home by a "reeling" Cowboys team with a QB coming off injury who was struggling with accuracy (gift wrapping two Ints deep in Redskin territory that would have resulted in points).

Additionally, you struggled just to beat the worst team in the league(falling behind early) who has yet to win a single game, and trailed or were tied for the majority of the game against a Seattle team that is arguably the 2nd worst team in the league.

More than anything, you have won 3 more games than you've lost....and yet your team has--essentially--a neutral margin of victory. Still yet to win a single game by more than a TD.

But, yeah, aside from that....the Skins are absolutely right there.

MetSox17
11-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Because the only games in which the Redskins have looked truly impressive this year were at Dallas and at Philly. Its been almost two months now, and they have yet to look more than half way decent since then. They lost to the Rams AT HOME (with their starting QB actually playing), they narrowly edged two bad road teams (Arizona and NO) at home in games they could have easily lost and never looked like the clearly superior team. They got beaten to a bloody pulp at home by a Steelers team that was sporting a backup QB they had brought in off the street, followed by a game in which they were clearly and utterly outplayed at home by a "reeling" Cowboys team with a QB coming off injury who was struggling with accuracy (gift wrapping two Ints deep in Redskin territory that would have resulted in points).

Additionally, you struggled just to beat the worst team in the league(falling behind early) who has yet to win a single game, and trailed or were tied for the majority of the game against a Seattle team that is arguably the 2nd worst team in the league.

More than anything, you have won 3 more games than you've lost....and yet your team has--essentially--a neutral margin of victory. Still yet to win a single game by more than a TD.

But, yeah, aside from that....the Skins are absolutely right there.

Lol, not much you can argue, huh.

bearsfan_51
11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Rankings are dumb. Everyone changes their minds just to roughly fit the standings.
It is a rather absurd notion to base the quality of teams off how many games they have won and lost.

RCAChainGang
11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
1 NYG
2 Titans
3 NYJ
4 Arizona
5 Steelers
6 Colts
7 Cowboys
8 Redskins
9 Patriots
10 Carolina

Colts beat the Steelers...

GB12
11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Colts beat the Steelers...
Bears beat the Colts...

RCAChainGang
11-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Bears beat the Colts...

In the first game of the season when Peyton Manning was playing terrible from the knee surgery.

Sniper
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
In the first game of the season when Peyton Manning was playing terrible from the knee surgery.

Browns beat the Giants. So, Browns>everyone else?

RCAChainGang
11-29-2008, 01:27 PM

Thats not what I'm saying. Just because the Colts are listed as a wild card doesn't mean they aren't as good as the steelers. We beat Steelers @ Pittsburgh. In this case I think it is clear the Colts are better than the Steelers.

This however doesn't apply to all cases.

GB12
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
That's correct. It only applies to the cases that it helps you.

kalbears13
11-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Uhh...Yes.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-29-2008, 02:49 PM

Broncos beat the Browns! Yes!

AlexDown
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Exactly..............

Malaka
11-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Broncos beat the Browns! Yes!

Broncos lost to New England who lost to Miami once who lost to the Cardinals who lost to the Giants putting the Giants back on top... yes!!!

tjsunstein
11-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Giants are the best team right now.
Just to add a homer piece to this thread I wouldn't put the Packers in the top 15.

Mr. Stiller
11-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Thats not what I'm saying. Just because the Colts are listed as a wild card doesn't mean they aren't as good as the steelers. We beat Steelers @ Pittsburgh. In this case I think it is clear the Colts are better than the Steelers.

Yeah, That didn't work for Indy too well in 2005 beating us in the regular season and all.

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah, That didn't work for Indy too well in 2005 beating us in the regular season and all.

Yeah, I'd rather play the Colts in a rematch than the Ravens myself.

RCAChainGang
11-30-2008, 03:45 PM

No I didn't say that. I just think with the way Indy beat the Steelers we should be ranked ahead of them.

Why don't you give me a real reason rather than just give cute comments trying to shoot me down.

RCAChainGang
11-30-2008, 03:55 PM

I meant by this that just because the worst team in the league beats the best that doesn't mean they are better.

Colts and Steelers have a very similar record and I was just giving my 2 cents... crucify me?

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 03:55 PM
NFC
1. Giants

2. Bucs

3. Everyone else!

BlindSite
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
After just squeaking over the Saints.

Next week will tell us who the number two team in the NFC is.

Bruce Banner
11-30-2008, 04:35 PM
After just squeaking over the Saints.

Next week will tell us who the number two team in the NFC is.

Tampa 27
Carolina 3

Should be great!

The Bucs have lost 3 games for a combined 11 points!

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Tampa 27
Carolina 3

Should be great!

Dallas

Tampa Bay

scottyboy
11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Dallas

Tampa Bay

yea, man the way they throttled Seattle just puts them right to the top!

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2008, 05:37 PM
My Top 5 would be:

1. New York Giants (absolutely dominant)

2. Tennessee Titans (Still incredible when healthy, they can get it back)

3. New York Jets (Showed what they can do when running on all cylinders)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (Call me a homer if you want, but with this D, they can definitely get to the 2nd round of the playoffs)

5. Arizona Cardinals (Despite the loss to the Giants, I take them over a Dallas team they beat. They could be a team that makes a run or fails)

So, with the Jets showing their inconsistency, and the Cards not being able to beat a good team, they move off. Steelers up to 3 I guess, with the Cowboys and Falcons rounding off my Top 5 at this point, though 5 is debatable. Really, Colts, Ravens, anyone could move into that.

SchizophrenicBatman
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Tampa 27
Carolina 3

Should be great!

Yea and we beat Atlanta 24-9 in the first meeting...

You won in your house, next week is in our house. The trends (home field + ATL having to win the div) of the NFC South are not in your favor

bored of education
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
1. NYG
2. Ten
3. Pitt
4. TB
5. KC

scottyboy
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
1. NYG
2. Ten
3. Pitt
4. TB
5. KC

you're crazy! KC 5th?!?!?

they should be at least 3rd, if not 2nd

Gay Ork Wang
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
1. NYG
2. Ten
3. Pitt
4. TB
5. KC

I disagree

1a. NYG
1b. Chiefs

2. Ten
3. Pitt
4. Carolina

bored of education
11-30-2008, 06:41 PM
KC is godly. They play guys we never heard of and still win a game

MetSox17
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM
yea, man the way they throttled Seattle just puts them right to the top!

Or maybe the way our defense completely shut them down and a Brad Johnson led team beat them! :rolleyes:

DMWSackMachine
12-01-2008, 01:37 AM
The mish-mash at the top of the NFC is a really weird, complicated, thing. Each team has some serious warts, and the tendency is there to just say "that team simply cannot be the 2nd best team in the conference because ________".

For the Panthers, its the horrific play of Jake Delhomme and the turds they've laid against some really bad teams lately (barely beating the Raiders and Lions, for instance).

For the Bucs its their bad offense and the complete lack of playmakers, along with an inexplicable loss to the Brad Johnson led Cowboys.

For the Falcons its the fact that we just simply can't bring ourselves to believe that a rookie QB-led team is to be taken seriously, plus their severe inconsistency and the blowouts they've suffered....not to mention their cream puff schedule to date.

For the Cardinals its the fact that they just got blown out by a team that most thought was dead in the water, and their lack of a running game.

And, finally, for the Cowboys its the lack of cohesiveness and competitive fire they've demonstrated at the worst possible times, highlighted (in most people's minds) by the way the team fell apart when Tony Romo went down.

Does that cover it? Right now, the Giants have looked so much better than anyone else in the conference it might not even be worthwhile to talk about who's #2.

Jughead10
12-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Does that cover it? Right now, the Giants have looked so much better than anyone else in the conference it might not even be worthwhile to talk about who's #2.

Unless someone gets really hot in the next 4 games (which is possible), any team coming to Giants Stadium in the playoffs will be at least a touchdown underdog.

DMWSackMachine
12-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Unless its the Cowboys. For some reason, Vegas has never wavered in their respect for Dallas through all the ups and downs. But they should be giving at least 7 no matter who they play. You're right.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Unless its the Cowboys. For some reason, Vegas has never wavered in their respect for Dallas through all the ups and downs. But they should be giving at least 7 no matter who they play. You're right.
That's because Vegas is concerned about making money, not who they think is a good team, and there are a lot of Cowboys homers that will bet the line regardless of how awful it is. It's the same thing for Notre Dame and other big programs. Always bet against the spread for an overated team, which the Cowboys almost always are.

Jughead10
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
That's because Vegas is concerned about making money, not who they think is a good team, and there are a lot of Cowboys homers that will bet the line regardless of how awful it is. It's the same thing for Notre Dame and other big programs. Always bet against the spread for an overated team, which the Cowboys almost always are.

This is generally true. However I've seen instances otherwise this year. Cowboys were double digit underdogs at Giants Stadium this year. Granted there was no Romo, but I was still shocked to see that line for the same reasons you stated.

GB12
12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
The Panthers are no threat. They have the record, but every other team in the NFC South is better than them. I'd be shocked if they win a game in the playoffs.

MetSox17
12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
The Panthers are no threat. They have the record, but every other team in the NFC South is better than them. I'd be shocked if they win a game in the playoffs.

The whole NFC South is terribly overrated. I've already made this argument in another thread, but none of those teams are teams i'd be scared to go play in the playoffs.

fenikz
12-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up in here but a lot of people I know are saying the Cardinals only have a good record for playing the NFC West, couldn't you then say the same thing for the NFC East who all have 4 games vs the West this year?

so basically NFC South > NFC East

take that east coast elitists :p

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2008, 11:33 AM

We'll see this weekend, but the Bucs don't thrill me either. That being said, Carolina has the door wide open to win this game and hopefully not get slapped by the rest of their schedule.

bored of education
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
So KC move up on anyones list???

fenikz
12-03-2008, 11:39 AM
So KC move up on anyones list???

not sure if that was possible but i guess if anyone could do it it's them

i'll upgrade them from #1 to #1 A++++

giantsfan
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Wish more people understood this instead of using spreads to argue that popular teams are better than less universally popular teams.