PDA

View Full Version : Another Thanksgiving, and another day of crappy football.

Smokey Joe
11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Is anyone else sick and tired of crappy football games year in and year out on thanksgiving day? I understand it is customary to have both the Cowboys and Lions to play, but my god, every year the matchups are terrible. They should at least make it where it is a conference game so the games are more competitive. I feel like another thanksgiving day is ruined by crappy ass football games. At least the night match up between the Cardinals and Eagles ain't all that bad.

Oh well, at least I can gorge myself with such delicious food. mmmmmmmmm...

Rob S
11-24-2008, 10:15 PM
eh....it kinda blows, but who am i to complain.

I am always stuffed......its a nice break from healthy eating for me, and i get football all day on a thursday.....and i get pumpkin pie to round out the night. My favorite holiday I think now that Santa has been killed off.

Jvig43
11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
eh....it kinda blows, but who am i to complain.

I am always stuffed......its a nice break from healthy eating for me, and i get football all day on a thursday.....and i get pumpkin pie to round out the night. My favorite holiday I think now that Santa has been killed off.

GOOOD GOD WHAT? thats terrible, when did this happen?

MaxV
11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
We are unlucky. We could've been watching history on Thursday.

Imagine......Unbeaten Titans vs. Winless Lions.

Damn you Jets!

Geo
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Detroit needs to no longer be on Thanksgiving, it's ridiculous. Give it to Minnesota or another dome team.

Also, I wish the NFL would schedule better Cowboys games for Thanksgiving, or give it to another team too. To be fair though, they've had a little bad luck, ex. we thought Seattle would be better.

GB12
11-24-2008, 10:43 PM
At least the Lions are still winless. If they get a win I'll stop giving a damn about them, but as long as they have a zero in the win column there's some interest in them. 0-16, for the win?:confused:

The Dynasty
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Im rooting for the Lions, Seahawks and Eagles...Go Upsets lol.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Why would they schedule a better game when they know everyone will watch anyway. Why waste a nice matchup when they are going to get high ratings no matter what.

DiG
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
at least i get to watch chris johnson rip a new one in detroit...at least thats what i hope/need to happen.

Brodeur
11-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Detroit needs to no longer be on Thanksgiving, it's ridiculous. Give it to Minnesota or another dome team.

WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE. Always trying to take away things from us Lions fans, bastards.

WMD
11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
We've been bad forever, and we've had the Thanksgiving game forever. Let the Lions keep the game. Everybody watches Football on Thanksgiving, no matter who is playing.

Menardo75
11-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Your stuffing your face with food while football is on. No more complaining :)

Babylon
11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Actually look forward to seeing the Lions, the only chance most of us get to see them all year.

OzTitan
11-25-2008, 01:39 AM
I've got a bad feeling the Titans @ Lions game is going to be a lot more competitive a game than it should be. Titans probably would have been beaten by the Lions this past week with how poorly they came out in all 3 areas. The only reason the Jets didn't win with 40-50+ is because they opted for long ball control drives instead of big plays.

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
At least the Lions are still winless. If they get a win I'll stop giving a damn about them, but as long as they have a zero in the win column there's some interest in them. 0-16, for the win?:confused:

It's a good storyline if anything.

Scotty D
11-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Lions never get on Sunday or Monday night football. Quit complaining about one game. It seems Pittsburgh and the NFC East dominate national televised games. Take it away but give us a monday night game or else fans will get pissed.

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Lions never get on Sunday or Monday night football. Quit complaining about one game. It seems Pittsburgh and the NFC East dominate national televised games. Take it away but give us a monday night game or else fans will get pissed.

I'm happy for the lions.

But sad that it's going to be blacked out for detroit.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 10:34 AM

Also, I wish the NFL would schedule better Cowboys games for Thanksgiving, or give it to another team too. To be fair though, they've had a little bad luck, ex. we thought Seattle would be better.

I like tradition more then the next guy, but get the Lions off of thanksgiving. If they can't get their product straight then why torture the rest of the country in watching them. Year after year they suck, so give them a little break, and put a team that does have it's stuff together.

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 10:38 AM
can i assume you're using the exact same logic to advocate yanking the cowboys game?

i hope so.

i'm assuming we should just kick the lions out of the NFL and back into the big 10 where they can compete with ohio state.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 10:50 AM
can i assume you're using the exact same logic to advocate yanking the cowboys game?

The cowboys have always been successful. Factor in that America's team nonsense and I can see why they play every year. No one expected Seattle to have issues this year. They have been winning for 5 years now, and I know, personally I expected them to win again this year, especially in that division. It was supposed to be accordingly to the experts, NFC East division leader VS NFC West division leader. But it didn't happen like that. Cowboys still have a winning team, but bad luck with Seattle, who historically shown they can win. I have no problem with that.

This has been the season ending record for the Lions recently.. I am just saying let them take a break from it until they get their house in order and can win again. Then I have no issue of bringing them back.

2001 2001 NFL NFC Central 5th 2 14 0
2002 2002 NFL NFC North 4th 3 13 0
2003 2003 NFL NFC North 4th 5 11 0
2004 2004 NFL NFC North 3rd 6 10 0
2005 2005 NFL NFC North 3rd 5 11 0
2006 2006 NFL NFC North 4th 3 13 0
2007 2007 NFL NFC North 3rd 7 9 0
2008 2008 NFL NFC North 0 11 0

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 10:54 AM
For a while there they were on the up and up..

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
I thought it would be this year.. They were 7-9 last season, so I expected them to take the next step. In 2000 they were 9-7, but other then that, it's been a tough road for this this franchise. I never knew they were around since 1930. I want them to do well but until they do perhaps the NFL should give another team a chance to play on thanksgiving. Once they start winning again, then I don't mind if they bring the Lions back.

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Who would get the Thanksgiving game though?

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 11:02 AM
This has been the season ending record for the Lions recently.. I am just saying let them take a break from it until they get their house in order and can win again. Then I have no issue of bringing them back.

why bother?

are you suddenly going to increase tv ratings by changing teams?

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 11:13 AM
at least the lions/titans game features one decent team. the cowboys/seahawks game features exactly zero decent teams.

besides, i think people expect 'too much' from marquee games... because for the most part in football... marquee games never deliver.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 11:16 AM
the denver broncos have historically had a winning team and are a winning team this season. that doesn't mean their games are remotely worth watching. oddly, just like the cowboys. at least the lions/titans game features one decent team. the cowboys/seahawks game features exactly zero decent teams.

but yeah, awesome. the cowboys were good in the early 90's. that's sure relevant now. :rolleyes:

It's about putting a winning product on the field for the nation to watch. Quite frankly, if it was me I would change it every where. But I do the like traditional element of it. So if the league wants to stick to it fine, but I'd give the Lions a break until they show something. Then they can go back to that spot.

Let's put it this way, the NFL is such a money making league they'd rather try to expand the sport to Europe in effort to maximize profits, and exposure, well why not start that at home? If you want to give the nation a good product to see during the time off, then put winning teams on there. Come up with a system or way of doing it that way. After all it's better than whoring ourselves to the world to promote the sport. Start with this at home for our own national fans.

The cowboys, as much as I hate them, are a media darling. And yeah the 90s basicially made them what they were. They had popularity in the 70s I think it was, before my time, and the 90s under Jimmy Johnson valuted them up. Jerry Jones's PR effort and marketing stuff from shows to other junk has made them a top billing team in key spots for national exposure.

Just count how many national games they have..

I think it's 6 games, ranging from thus, sat, sunday nite, and monday night games. That's the way the league likes to set it up.

To me it's not about the team, it's about their records. People want to see a good game with meaning, with some sort of story line or implication if the team wins or loses. Putting the Lions there now, in their current state, does nothing to give the fans a game where two teams have something to play for.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
why bother?

are you suddenly going to increase tv ratings by changing teams?

Yeah why not? Why bother playing games aboard? It all comes down to money, and that comes from exposure and tv rating, which translates into marketing and other business investements. The NFL is always trying to find niches to expose the sport to. My point is that's fine, but why not give the people of this country a good show before we get fancy in trying to go over seas. Let's fix the stuff here first.

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah why not? Why bother playing games aboard? It all comes down to money, and that comes from exposure and tv rating, which translates into marketing and other business investements. The NFL is always trying to find niches to expose the sport to. My point is that's fine, but why not give the people of this country a good show before we get fancy in trying to go over seas. Let's fix the stuff here first.

marquee teams are only hyped due to espn. every game is enjoyable to watch i find. even if i hate the two teams, it's good for passing the time. even if you're not emotionally invested in it.

the lions have a good storyline. the titans have a good story line. it's probably the better game than the cowboys game.

the lions storyline is that they've actually been in the last 4 of 6 games... but lost them all. the titans are the 'best' team in the nfl, looking to rebound again against a team which is still slightly surprising.

i don't see how this game is going to be worse to watch than the cowboys game.

drowe
11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
here's a thought. if the NFL insists on giving thanksgiving games to the same 2 teams year after year, maybe those teams should be the ones that have to give up a home game to play in london.

UK_Cheesehead
11-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I have no problem with who's playing, I'm just grateful to be able to see the games and don't care who plays because I get to see some football.

Also think there will be an upset Thursday too.

SenorGato
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
What about family guys?

Thanksgiving's a chance to talk to people that for the most part we like right...isn't it?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Every team gets one nationally tv game. People would complain if the Lions got a Sunday night or Monday night game. Its tradition and one of the reasons I started watching the Lions as a kid. Plus you have to admit it was a treat during the 90s to watch Barry every year.

Last year the game was meaningful because the Lions were 6-4 at least and we won in 2003 versus the Pack. Other than that under Millen its been a big ball of suck because Millen has turned the team into a big ball of suck. Millens gone so hopefully a new GM can start the turnaround and they can everyone a better game to watch. Just enjoy your time with your family, people that eat lunch for their big meal are eating during the game anyway and Titans fans enjoy your free win. Lions have got up early the past 2 weeks 10-0 and 17-0. Maybe they add some excitement this week.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 12:03 PM
so, to boil down your argument into my own:

1) the league wants to make money.
2) marquee games are likely to generate more viewers than crap games except on nights without an option.
Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), ESPN, 8.59 million homes, 11.78 million viewers.
San Francisco vs. Arizona (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), ESPN, 8.68 million homes, 11.87 million viewers.
3) Given that there is no option on Thursday morning, the NFL is better off playing a worse game, since the viewership is unlikely to change, especially at a point early enough in the season that playoff implications are minimal.
4) As a direct corollary, the NFL is BETTER off reserving its marquee games for Sunday, especially for the out of market double headers, where I would be less likely to watch either game.
NFL: main game N.Y. Giants-Arizona Sunday 16.2 (12.5 million) Fox
NFL: Indianapolis-San Diego Sunday 10.8 (8.3 million) NBC
Thus, a better match-up between two division leaders drew better ratings than a match-up between two struggling teams. It was better, as a result, for Fox to play the Giants-Arizona game on Sunday, where the ratings are in competition, than it would've been to play that game on, say, Monday, where they aren't and where there isn't a discernible difference between ratings for most games (from week to week).

Therefore, it's in the network's best interest to play a weaker game on a day with zero competition, and save the really good games for days when there is competition. Because it's in the network's best interest, it's thus in the NFL's best interest in terms of making money off of broadcasting deals.

But you have 32 teams, why not get some other team with a winning record to play on Thanksgiving? You honestly think Titans vs Lions is worthy of a national spotlight? They couldn't find another team out there assuming they think of changing it. I see your point then it makes it even more shrewd business by the NFL if they would rather put a weaker team in there because of no competition on that day. So they are saying in essence,

screw the fans, they will watch anyways because nothing else is on Thanksgiving, so we will save the better games for the season, because right now there is no competition, like you mentioned. Is that pretty much the NFL's thought process then?

If that's the case then I underestimated their nature in trying to maximize profits no matter what.

Geo
11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I think the Houston Texans should get some consideration for Thanksgiving.

They play in a dome, play better at home, and their fans usually pack the stadium and bring very good energy.

SenorGato
11-25-2008, 12:31 PM

They play in a dome, play better at home, and their fans usually pack the stadium and bring very good energy.

Not a bad idea...the Texans are one of those teams I never mind watching either. It's a good atmosphere over there, and now that the team has some talent it's not so disgusting to watch.

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm obviously excited, but that's because my team is playing obviously. If they weren't I probably wouldn't be too excited about watching the Lions. But hey, it's tradition just like Thanksgiving.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 12:52 PM
realistically, if you want it to change, you've hit on how to change it. don't watch the games. if the NFL televises a crap matchup on MNF, it's in the fan's best interest to not watch. but as long as we keep watching, they have a serious disincentive to make any real changes.

all that said, i don't want the broncos playing on thanksgiving, ever. i don't want a game that i can't walk away from. the lions are perfect. while i'm cooking, it's easy to go watch a few plays and enjoy football, but it by no means takes up my day or compromises my ability to do the family thing. a broncos game (in my case) absolutely would.

for instance, i never watch the cowboys game. not because i think they're horrible to watch, but because by that point, i have better things to be doing. if it were a team i cared about or a game i cared about... well, i won't say that i would have a problem choosing, but i'm just as happy that it's not an issue to begin with.

See I guess it comes down to what people do in their house. For instance, the we go to my dad's friends house. We hang there, and the guys drink and watch football, and the ladies do whatever else. Sometimes they will watch too, so we talk and watch football. So I treat that day as a day to eat and a day to watch football and drink and hang out with people you like. So for me a good game is important, if not it bores me, but I will end up watching anyways.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
sure, and i'm not suggesting everyone is like me.

and that's why the nfl will continue to show little interest in showing a decent match-up (already gone over, worth repeating).

for instance, i refuse to watch the BCS championship until the BCS is changed out for a playoff. if, let's say, several million other people did the same thing, things would change. same thing here. if enough people were sick of it and refused to tune in, the NFL would be monetarily forced to change something. as long as people keep watching, all the complaints are a, well, waste of time.

Yeah I agree I don't watch the champtionship game too. I want it to be a playoff system as well. But this means the NFL is a very, very shrewd in their business decisions. Money first, then fans, but to their credit they made this sport # 1 in this country.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-25-2008, 01:04 PM

This could change in a span of 2-3 years. Houston could become awful and just recently became a respectable team.

Lions always were at least competive at home up until this year which is just a mess, sold out every game up until year 8 under Millen and its tradition. Actually most of their worst blowout losses in the Millen era have been on Thanksgiving unfortunately so it skews peoples opinion even more. They have been bad, but not blown out every game. They have been bad for 8(except for first half of last season, and actually 2004 they were 5-3 as well).

Flex game would be the alternative for the best matchup but even then you couldn't flex a team that played on a Monday or Sunday night. Or a team playing a road game into another road game on short week. Wouldn't really be fair.

ChezPower4
11-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm obviously excited, but that's because my team is playing obviously. If they weren't I probably wouldn't be too excited about watching the Lions. But hey, it's tradition just like Thanksgiving.

It's become a Thanksgiving Day tradition, eating too much food, drinking lots of beer and watching the Lions get hammered on their only national primetime game of the year.

Babylon
11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
It's become a Thanksgiving Day tradition, eating too much food, drinking lots of beer and watching the Lions get hammered on their only national primetime game of the year.

I actually liked it better when it was Green Bay coming into Detroit, that to me was more of a rivalry/traditon game. Green Bay used to be real good and Detroit would always overachieve in that game.

Scotty D
11-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Take it away from Detroit and give it to Houston? What have they done?

The NFL is also all about public relations and how would Roger Goddell look if he takes away a long time tradition from the fans of the Lions. It would just look like hes kicking a downed puppy.

What I'm really trying to say is that the move is unnessecary and the NFL preaches parity and taking this away because the Lions aren't competitive goes against that.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I actually liked it better when it was Green Bay coming into Detroit, that to me was more of a rivalry/traditon game. Green Bay used to be real good and Detroit would always overachieve in that game.

I agree. Division games are the best for that game and gives the Lions the best chance at least under Millen. 3 out 4 North games were fairly close this year despite our 0-11 record. CBS and Fox switch with Dallas though every year so its an AFC team every other year. 2006 we had Buffalo and Miami at home from the AFC East to choose from so they picked Miami(the year Culpepper signed there and Saban was there but in the end Culpepper was hurt so Joey Harrington played and now Culpepper is our QB, weird) and this year they picked the Titans probably because of Vince Young but in the end its Kerry Collins and a nasty defense/running game. The only other option this year was Jacksonville for AFC home games, which was a terrible blow out in Dauntes first game with no preparation. 2005 they picked Atlanta for Michael Vick and 2004 they picked Indy for Peyton. The schedule limits the matchup every other year.

On a side note, Ford does a lot of advertising(which is where the NFL gets a ton of their money). You may have noticed the Fox Pregame show sponsored by Ford every week. Take the game away from Mr. Ford and we'll see how much money the NFL gets for advertising from Ford.

Go_Eagles77
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
At least the night match up between the Cardinals and Eagles ain't all that bad.

I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed...

Scotty D
11-25-2008, 01:48 PM
And with the addition of the NFL network game at night the NFL already gets to handpick a thanksgiving game every year now. I would be ok with the compromise of making the Packers-Lions game a Thanksgiving tradition.

Monomach
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
My idea for fixing Thanksgiving football is to just use different rivalries all the time rather than normal ho-hum games. The caveat is that the rivalries have to be between teams that are expected to be at least close to average.

Bears vs Packers
Packers vs Vikings
Vikings vs Bears
(yeah, everyone in the NFC North but the Lions...they don't have a real rivalry against anyone in the division)
Cowboys vs Redskins
Eagles vs Cowboys
Steelers vs Browns
Giants vs Eagles
Colts vs Patriots

In a few years, if some teams improve, we may get to see:
Dolphins vs Jets
Bengals vs Browns
Broncos vs Raiders
Bills vs Dolphins
Raiders vs Chiefs

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-25-2008, 02:08 PM
My idea for fixing Thanksgiving football is to just use different rivalries all the time rather than normal ho-hum games. The caveat is that the rivalries have to be between teams that are expected to be at least close to average.

Bears vs Packers
Packers vs Vikings
Vikings vs Bears
(yeah, everyone in the NFC North but the Lions...they don't have a real rivalry against anyone in the division)
Cowboys vs Redskins
Eagles vs Cowboys
Steelers vs Browns
Giants vs Eagles
Colts vs Patriots

In a few years, if some teams improve, we may get to see:
Dolphins vs Jets
Bengals vs Browns
Broncos vs Raiders
Bills vs Dolphins
Raiders vs Chiefs

All the games in the above section are what you see every other week on Sunday night and Monday night. They are already nationally televised. I believe every single one of those games has already been played on national tv. Every team gets one national game by rule so eat your turkey and then watch the Cowboys/disappointing Seahawks and Eagles/Cards game.

As for the second group, Bengals vs Browns are you kidding me. Broncos/Raiders, Raiders/Chiefs. No thank you. And I'll put money on the Lions with a new GM getting better before the Raiders(Al Davis) and Bengals(GM? is it there owner?) at this point.

awfullyquiet
11-25-2008, 02:45 PM
I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed...

Warner throws for 640 yards

Go_Eagles77
11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Warner throws for 640 yards

It's possible, but the eagles defense really isn't that bad, it's the offense that is gonna go 3 and out 90% of the time which doesn't make for a very exciting game.

ChezPower4
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
It's possible, but the eagles defense really isn't that bad, it's the offense that is gonna go 3 and out 90% of the time which doesn't make for a very exciting game.

Unless your a Card fan or a fan of the other 3 NFC East teams.

GB12
11-25-2008, 03:32 PM
And with the addition of the NFL network game at night the NFL already gets to handpick a thanksgiving game every year now. I would be ok with the compromise of making the Packers-Lions game a Thanksgiving tradition.
Screw that.

kwilk103
11-25-2008, 06:05 PM
i like the lions and cowboys on thanksgiving---it's tradition

i always go to my grandparents house, watch the 1st half of the lions game with family, eat, watch 4th quarter; then watch 1st half of cowboys game, dessert, 2nd half

the thing with the cowboys game this year, is the seahawks were expected to be a good team; they have been one of the better teams the past 5 years; same with the eagles

the nfl cant predict things like seahawks sucking it up this year

katnip
11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm just hoping Calvin Johnson has some amazing catches

Smokey Joe
11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
I feel these thanksgiving games should always be an inter-division rivalry. So we can keep the tradition of having both the Lions and Cowboys playing at home, but instead of having random teams being the opponent, have it be a rotation of their divisional rivals every year. And to make the AFC happy, have the prime time game the best matchup between two AFC teams, whether it is the Broncos vs. Dolphins, or whatever the schedule that year calls for. Or it could be even an AFC team and NFC team, two different teams every year, with at least one being an AFC team. So, for example:

Early Game:
Lions vs. Bears/Packers/Vikings

Late Game:
Cowboys vs. Redskins/Giants/Eagles

Primetime Game:
Most fitting random AFC team vs. random AFC or NFC team.

The only problem with such a scenario is that CBS needs a game with an AFC opponent in it. And because both the Cowboys, Lions, and their rivals are in the NFC, CBS would not be able to have either a morning or afternoon game. So, the only possible solution would be to have CBS have the primetime game with the NFL network, or whatever 3rd party, having either the Cowboys or Lions, with Fox obviously having the other game. OR, have the Lions and Cowboys rotate between morning/afternoon and primetime every year.

However, these scenarios are unlikely and we will be stuck with crappy football on thanksgiving until the Lions stop sucking and become at least a mediocre team. Cowboys will likely be at least a decent team for a while.

fenikz
11-25-2008, 09:39 PM
2 birds and some turkey how could this not be a good game

TitleTown088
11-26-2008, 11:40 AM

I could live with that. A win every thanksgiving would make the holiday that much better.

Monomach
11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Is everyone who likes the "tradition" of these teams being given these games every year happy with this farce so far?

34-3. It's not even halftime. The Lions wouldn't be able to move the football in this game if it were attached to a freight train.

This game is about as much fun as watching a Dane Cook movie. Guh.

Geo
11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Late Game:
Cowboys vs. Redskins/Giants/Eagles

An NFC East game won't be wasted for Thanksgiving. That's the thing, it's the only game on and watching the NFL on Thanksgiving is tradition for so many, even if the game is bad (I could only watch so much of the Titans/Lions game until I flipped the channel to watch The Godfather on AMC.)

ShutDwn
11-27-2008, 01:28 PM
The fans of the team who plays the Lions are always psyched for the game though.

singe_101
11-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Your stuffing your face with food while football is on. No more complaining :)

This isn't football.

"I wanted to watch a football game today, I was excited... and then I see the team: Detroit. I wanted to see a real game. Damn." - Mom

locseti
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Don't take Detroit out of the Thanksgiving day lineup, some of my favorite holiday memories from my childhood include Barry Sanders in those throwbacks. It just felt right to watch Barry and the Lions on thanksgiving. The Lions are a thanksgiving tradition, but they used to play well on thanksgiving no matter how bad the team was - what happened to that?

OzTitan
11-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Matt Millen, that's what happened to that.

Gay Ork Wang
11-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Easier:

The Lions Suck

jth1331
11-28-2008, 06:27 AM
What a bunch of crappy football to watch yesterday. Every game was a blowout win, no game was very competitive to watch.