PDA

View Full Version : Please Lord, not Atlanta

Merlin
03-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Saturday, March 3, 2007

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.

Caddy
03-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Well lets hope Houston win the bidding war

YoJoeBucsFan
03-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Well lets hope Houston win the bidding war

Exactly, Not that Calvin Johnson would mean much to the Falcants since they still have a running back playing QB. But still, I just can't imagine the Browns passing on Adrian Peterson.

ks_perfection
03-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Saturday, March 3, 2007

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.

I really hope they don't trade with Atlanta, and there asking price is really steep for Atlanta, I doubt they'd match that, but they might lower it later on.

If they do trade with Atlanta, I hope they do it before the draft so we can possibly work a deal to leapfrog them with Detroit.

Chucky
03-03-2007, 09:37 AM
i doubt it happens, but i would not want to faceCJ twice a year

Tampa 2 4 life
03-03-2007, 09:48 AM
If they do trade with Atlanta, I hope they do it before the draft so we can possibly work a deal to leapfrog them with Detroit.

I hope not, we need those 2nd and 3rd round picks for defense.

etk
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope if the Atlanta trade is made, we have time to leapfrog them and trade for Detroit's pick :D

Edit: Whoa I didn't realize someone said the exact same thing

Canadian_kid16
03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
I hope we don't need to trade...but I think the Browns would accept ATL's deal cause they would be getting more for it?

ks_perfection
03-03-2007, 07:25 PM
They'd definitly take that Deal, but the deals price is so step I can't see Atlanta doing it. They'd give up a first rounder next year, plus Schaub (who they perceive to be mid-first round talent) to move up 7 slots. I can't see them doing that.

etk
03-03-2007, 10:17 PM
I know there are no doubts about CJ, but with Atlanta's track record of drafting receivers, maybe they should just take a guy later on and focus on their other needs, which are plenty. They're not a team that is in position to move from 10-3. They need a big RB, FB, WR that can catch (Gonzo?), OT/G, DE, MLB, S. That's a whole lot of needs, there's no way they can trade up at all.